• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:18
CEST 13:18
KST 20:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7534 users

[IEM] Grand Finals World Championships 2014 - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 126 Next
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
March 16 2014 11:01 GMT
#201
Cant wait...... Who will win?
Furikawari
Profile Joined February 2014
France2522 Posts
March 16 2014 11:12 GMT
#202
Spoiler: a toss.
FuRRie
Profile Joined February 2009
Belgium815 Posts
March 16 2014 11:17 GMT
#203
I didn't watch semis, but at least my 3-2 hero vs polt prediction was right.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
March 16 2014 11:25 GMT
#204
I want them to set up a rule beforehand and they can only use blink stalkers.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
March 16 2014 11:33 GMT
#205
On March 16 2014 09:34 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Well the only thing that really bothers me is why is this only a BO7?? It's the only match of the day they could easily make it BO9 or higher. With the whole winner takes all thing a BO7 feels so weak. It could be over in less than an hour...

Noone agree with me?

Oh well lets hope for a good series today!
Neosteel Enthusiast
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
March 16 2014 11:34 GMT
#206
Well its a 7 map pool, nobody wants to see the same map played more than once.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
March 16 2014 11:37 GMT
#207
On March 16 2014 20:34 NovaMB wrote:
Well its a 7 map pool, nobody wants to see the same map played more than once.

Just add shattered temple NP
Neosteel Enthusiast
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
March 16 2014 11:40 GMT
#208
The venue is already packed, today will be great.

15 minutes until the CSGO show starts. NiP vs. Virtus.Pro. The crowd and games should be amazing

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.twitch.tv/ESLTV_CS

LR: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/445635-csgo-ems-one-katowice#1
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 11:43:42
March 16 2014 11:41 GMT
#209
On March 16 2014 06:39 EJK wrote:
Blink stalkers, the 100,000$ build



laughing so hard at this :D

But well I think Blink stalkers should be balanced through maps. I think it would be terrible for example to increase the cooldown. I think we just need more bigger maps like alterzim. When I look at broodwar maps they all ended up being very large and I think they were for a reason (although I don't know the reason, because I have not followed the balancing development of BW).
love esports - hate homophobia
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
March 16 2014 11:47 GMT
#210
On March 16 2014 20:41 arkedos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 06:39 EJK wrote:
Blink stalkers, the 100,000$ build



laughing so hard at this :D

But well I think Blink stalkers should be balanced through maps. I think it would be terrible for example to increase the cooldown. I think we just need more bigger maps like alterzim. When I look at broodwar maps they all ended up being very large and I think they were for a reason (although I don't know the reason, because I have not followed the balancing development of BW).


But the bigger the maps, the stronger warpgate gets, P can still warpin into to the battle and don't fear counter attacks or aggression because of the distance. It's already hard enough to pressure the third of a protoss.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 11:50:38
March 16 2014 11:49 GMT
#211
On March 16 2014 20:47 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 20:41 arkedos wrote:
On March 16 2014 06:39 EJK wrote:
Blink stalkers, the 100,000$ build



laughing so hard at this :D

But well I think Blink stalkers should be balanced through maps. I think it would be terrible for example to increase the cooldown. I think we just need more bigger maps like alterzim. When I look at broodwar maps they all ended up being very large and I think they were for a reason (although I don't know the reason, because I have not followed the balancing development of BW).


But the bigger the maps, the stronger warpgate gets, P can still warpin into to the battle and don't fear counter attacks or aggression because of the distance. It's already hard enough to pressure the third of a protoss.



But this would weaken timing attacks. Yes the warpgate mechanic can really shine on big maps but I still think it is easier to deal with P if you got open areans to split your army against storms etc. until you get a favorable engagement. And in addition to that you can scout for proxy pylons etc. And the chances are higher to get something done with drop play.
love esports - hate homophobia
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
March 16 2014 11:51 GMT
#212
On March 16 2014 20:49 arkedos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 20:47 Musicus wrote:
On March 16 2014 20:41 arkedos wrote:
On March 16 2014 06:39 EJK wrote:
Blink stalkers, the 100,000$ build



laughing so hard at this :D

But well I think Blink stalkers should be balanced through maps. I think it would be terrible for example to increase the cooldown. I think we just need more bigger maps like alterzim. When I look at broodwar maps they all ended up being very large and I think they were for a reason (although I don't know the reason, because I have not followed the balancing development of BW).


But the bigger the maps, the stronger warpgate gets, P can still warpin into to the battle and don't fear counter attacks or aggression because of the distance. It's already hard enough to pressure the third of a protoss.



But this would weaken timing attacks. Yes the warpgate mechanic can really shine on big maps but I still think it is easier to deal with P if you got open areans to split your army against storms etc. until you get a favorable engagement. And in addition to that you can scout for proxy pylons etc.


I agree with changing maps, like less ramps/chokes and main bases you can't easily blink in, but I don't want only huge maps like alterzim. Takes forever for hydras to walk over that freaking map.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
March 16 2014 12:01 GMT
#213
On March 16 2014 20:33 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 09:34 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Well the only thing that really bothers me is why is this only a BO7?? It's the only match of the day they could easily make it BO9 or higher. With the whole winner takes all thing a BO7 feels so weak. It could be over in less than an hour...

Noone agree with me?

Oh well lets hope for a good series today!

I like that idea, but GSL finals are also by themselves on one day so it is shown that it does work to have a bo7 by itself.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 16 2014 12:03 GMT
#214
i think a BO7 is better than a BO9 since it's not too common to get someone so evenly matched that you'd need a BO9 to adequately decide who is better than a BO7, noone really wants to see a 5-0 stomp (although that's not much better than a 4-0 stomp lol). i do remember socke or someone going 4-0 down into 4-5 though haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
EmilA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark4618 Posts
March 16 2014 12:09 GMT
#215
I wonder if we can break 25 pages! Will there be blink?!
http://dotabuff.com/players/122305951 playing other games
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
March 16 2014 12:09 GMT
#216
Arrghhh I thought we also had the semifinals today o.o nooooooo pvp Polt
Dating thread on TL LUL
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
March 16 2014 12:13 GMT
#217
Yeah if You love esport. You really should watch VP vs NiP. It will be great match!
Pathetic Greta hater.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
March 16 2014 12:13 GMT
#218
On March 16 2014 21:09 EmilA wrote:
I wonder if we can break 25 pages! Will there be blink?!

Such a benchmark!
Neosteel Enthusiast
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
March 16 2014 12:15 GMT
#219
I think we will break 100 pages today, easily
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
March 16 2014 12:20 GMT
#220
On March 16 2014 21:15 The_Templar wrote:
I think we will break 100 pages today, easily

The real question, how many pages will not be blink stalker whine?
Glorious SEA doto
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 126 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 525
WardiTV210
Rex99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko347
mouzHeroMarine 321
ProTech122
Rex 99
OGKoka 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11601
EffOrt 5582
BeSt 1744
ZerO 1141
Horang2 1021
Larva 851
Hyuk 849
Hyun 276
Zeus 267
Stork 213
[ Show more ]
Light 206
Killer 192
Barracks 123
Rush 86
Mini 83
Yoon 61
ggaemo 48
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 35
Bale 32
Terrorterran 25
Sacsri 21
PianO 20
Mong 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
sorry 10
HiyA 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi920
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli857
x6flipin151
Other Games
singsing1948
olofmeister1542
XaKoH 415
crisheroes278
Sick198
Pyrionflax157
ArmadaUGS57
Mew2King52
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream475
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 227
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1856
Other Games
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 42m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.