• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:16
CEST 12:16
KST 19:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11657 users

HyperX 10-Year $15K Vegas Finals - Jan. 8-9th - Page 14

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 40 Next All
decado90
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States480 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 01:08:33
January 08 2013 23:09 GMT
#261
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.

User was temp banned for this post.
"Be formless like water"- Bruce Lee
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
January 08 2013 23:11 GMT
#262
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.


There's people that still spew this bullshit? Surprised you didn't throw in an EG Curse for good measure.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 08 2013 23:11 GMT
#263
On January 09 2013 08:11 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.


There's people that still spew this bullshit? Surprised you didn't throw in an EG Curse for good measure.


Yeah LOL that post just made me laugh at the stupidity xD
When I think of something else, something will go here
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
January 08 2013 23:14 GMT
#264
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.



Yeah, that was not what I meant at all.

Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 08 2013 23:19 GMT
#265
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.


Thought you people died off.
Refer to my post.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 23:22:30
January 08 2013 23:21 GMT
#266
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.



Stephano put it well: "Ze EG curse? Are you stupid?"

Hell, you could say there exists a curse of most foreign teams out there. Oh no, Sheth and Ret are slumping! Liquid curse! Nerchio isn't looking as good as he once did! Acer curse! Mana hasn't won a tournament in a few months! Mouz curse!

Believing that a player who joins EG will automatically slump makes about as much sense as believing that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. Oh yes, I just went there :p
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 23:25:13
January 08 2013 23:24 GMT
#267
Quick and probably incredibly naive/ignorant question:
If a tournament has problems connecting to twitch (there seem to be no general internet problems, as bnet works), can't they just try streaming over another platform? like owned or ustream or whatnot.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
January 08 2013 23:29 GMT
#268
On January 09 2013 08:21 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.



Stephano put it well: "Ze EG curse? Are you stupid?"

Hell, you could say there exists a curse of most foreign teams out there. Oh no, Sheth and Ret are slumping! Liquid curse! Nerchio isn't looking as good as he once did! Acer curse! Mana hasn't won a tournament in a few months! Mouz curse!

Believing that a player who joins EG will automatically slump makes about as much sense as believing that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. Oh yes, I just went there :p

A big part of Jaedongs success was that he truly loved playing for Lecaf/Hwaseung OZ. They had a strong sens of playing together as a team and Jaedong never really recovered when his coach left. I don't think he could perform as well on a team that buys players left and right. And I don't think this only applies to him, that is maybe why people jokingly talks about an EG curse.

Just my two cents...
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 08 2013 23:33 GMT
#269
It's not like EG is going to recruit somebody every 2 weeks. This was likely to help make the PL scenario work out. They'll probably let people go before considering recruiting another player.
Refer to my post.
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
January 08 2013 23:34 GMT
#270
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.



You my friend are dumb. You are so beyond ignorant to everything they are currently doing that I don't feel like listing it because trying to convince someone of your mentality is like trying to teach my dog how to safely drive a car.
JD, need I say more? :D
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
January 08 2013 23:35 GMT
#271
Did Jaedong win the series?
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 23:37:16
January 08 2013 23:36 GMT
#272
On January 09 2013 08:35 baoluvboa wrote:
Did Jaedong win the series?


They halted the series, it is currently Jaedong 2:1 Yonghwa.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 08 2013 23:38 GMT
#273
On January 09 2013 08:36 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 08:35 baoluvboa wrote:
Did Jaedong win the series?


They halted the series, it is currently Jaedong 2:1 Yonghwa.


What 2 games did he win? I know he won on antiga, then lost on ohana but I must have missed the first game?
When I think of something else, something will go here
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
January 08 2013 23:38 GMT
#274
On January 09 2013 08:33 Zenbrez wrote:
It's not like EG is going to recruit somebody every 2 weeks. This was likely to help make the PL scenario work out. They'll probably let people go before considering recruiting another player.

I don't really know these things since i only follow the old BW pros in sc2, but who in EG is really an EG player (in the sens: they have developed their skill and love for the game in this team)? Idra, I guess... In OZ, for instance, Anytime, Forgg, Jaedong... they were all OZ players.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 08 2013 23:39 GMT
#275
On January 09 2013 08:29 Elroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 08:21 Bagration wrote:
On January 09 2013 08:09 decado90 wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:52 Grovbolle wrote:
JaeDong just isn't as dominating as I think EG expected he would become. I still want him to great and all, but I have a lot more confidence in flash becoming great than JaeDong



Jaedong joined EG, so there's a high chance his career goes to the shitter. Great players like Thorzain and Huk couldn't even prosper under such a slack and pampering environment. Stephano is also not nearly as dominant as he was pre-EG, losing to foreign gutter left and right. I think 8 hours a day is what's required in the Lab now and that's laughable compared to Kespa players.

Couple that with the required streaming (basically proves winning tournaments isn't EG's main priority) and no punishment for poor play (Machine, LZgamer, Incontrol among the worst pro gamers in the scene and are still on a pro team) and prospects aren't good for Jaedong.

Maybe when he goes back to T8 he can improve, but I reckon that if he was ok with selling himself out to EG, he's lost the competitive fire he had in BW and will probably retire in a year.



Stephano put it well: "Ze EG curse? Are you stupid?"

Hell, you could say there exists a curse of most foreign teams out there. Oh no, Sheth and Ret are slumping! Liquid curse! Nerchio isn't looking as good as he once did! Acer curse! Mana hasn't won a tournament in a few months! Mouz curse!

Believing that a player who joins EG will automatically slump makes about as much sense as believing that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. Oh yes, I just went there :p

A big part of Jaedongs success was that he truly loved playing for Lecaf/Hwaseung OZ. They had a strong sens of playing together as a team and Jaedong never really recovered when his coach left. I don't think he could perform as well on a team that buys players left and right. And I don't think this only applies to him, that is maybe why people jokingly talks about an EG curse.

Just my two cents...


There's the problem. Some people aren't joking. They actually believe that once a player joins EG, that the player will automatically slump, and that the cause of slumping can be blamed on joining EG. Joking is one thing, and I admit I've joked about the "curse" as well, but to believe it as fact would be just preposterous.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
January 08 2013 23:40 GMT
#276
If he gets his natural cannoned now too...
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
January 08 2013 23:45 GMT
#277
This is going really nice for Jaedong. Cool... But I dont know how good this Yongwah dude is.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
January 08 2013 23:46 GMT
#278
Tip : put the score somewhere in the overlay please ;-s
NoiR
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
January 08 2013 23:47 GMT
#279
Late game PvZ, boooooo
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 08 2013 23:51 GMT
#280
This wouldn't have been so close if jaedong had not countered xD

At least he won D
When I think of something else, something will go here
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech72
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1142
Bisu 876
Hyuk 728
Horang2 712
Larva 601
Leta 187
Sexy 124
EffOrt 119
Zeus 115
Soma 100
[ Show more ]
Mini 90
PianO 81
Pusan 59
Killer 38
ZerO 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 26
sorry 26
Last 23
Hm[arnc] 18
yabsab 18
Trap 14
JulyZerg 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe424
XaKoH 273
League of Legends
JimRising 312
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1324
Other Games
gofns28928
singsing1598
crisheroes235
OGKoka 193
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS62
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• LUISG 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2328
League of Legends
• Jankos1282
• Stunt926
Upcoming Events
Online Event
44m
FEL
5h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 44m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.