• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:31
CEST 13:31
KST 20:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8024 users

[SPL] KT Rolster vs. EG-TL R1 - Page 213

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 211 212 213 214 215 Next
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
December 08 2012 22:59 GMT
#4241
On December 09 2012 07:57 revel8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 07:54 kollin wrote:
Anyone know if this was viewable over twitch, or if it was just a black screen because of the pay wall?


I saw some of the stream and then the VODs on twitch for free.


Oh balls, what I meant to say was, is this viewable over the twitch app? ^^
Rollies
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom29 Posts
December 08 2012 23:03 GMT
#4242
So been from europe and not been able to watch theese matches live, I found out that on my way to find the broadcast on the twitch tv channel under "past broadcasts" I wasnt able to do this without spoilers, As i browse for the 6 hour vod of the full broadcast to watch i could see how many sets were played in the games by the seperate game videos in there so knowing who ever won the 1st game won it all since there were 4 sets there only.

So my question is anyway to get to the 6 hour full broadcast without the soilers? Just makes it more interesting not knowing how many sets were played....
IcedBacon
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada906 Posts
December 08 2012 23:22 GMT
#4243
On December 09 2012 01:33 kafkaesque wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 01:31 kuroshiro wrote:
Did doa get to cast?


Yeah and he was brilliant.


Brilliant? More like never had any correct analysis and his jokes were subpar. He really doesn't know anything about the current strategies anymore. At least he has a nice voice though.
"I went Zerg because Artosis is a douchebag." -IdrA
Lawliet
Profile Joined May 2010
United States70 Posts
December 09 2012 00:28 GMT
#4244
These games were horribly one sided. None of the Kespa players did anything "tailor built" or anything either. Just straight up outplayed or in Jaedong's case SOUL TRAIN.

They didn't have their core though I guess we'll see. But this is very worrisome. Will this happen frequently? I can't see EGTL doing very well without HerO and Taeja. And that's only 2 wins.

I can see the team doing very well in all kill format though.
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
December 09 2012 00:35 GMT
#4245
On December 09 2012 09:28 Lawliet wrote:
These games were horribly one sided. None of the Kespa players did anything "tailor built" or anything either. Just straight up outplayed or in Jaedong's case SOUL TRAIN.

They didn't have their core though I guess we'll see. But this is very worrisome. Will this happen frequently? I can't see EGTL doing very well without HerO and Taeja. And that's only 2 wins.

I can see the team doing very well in all kill format though.

Sea might be able to do damage as well (maybe as a Protoss sniper, his style is very unique) and if Stephano is there he can pick up wins as well. We also don't know much about how good Jaedong truly is, everybody can lose to that Immortal/Sentry all-in.
Taipoka
Profile Joined November 2012
Brazil1224 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 00:38:39
December 09 2012 00:37 GMT
#4246
On December 09 2012 09:28 Lawliet wrote:
These games were horribly one sided. None of the Kespa players did anything "tailor built" or anything either. Just straight up outplayed or in Jaedong's case SOUL TRAIN.

They didn't have their core though I guess we'll see. But this is very worrisome. Will this happen frequently? I can't see EGTL doing very well without HerO and Taeja. And that's only 2 wins.

I can see the team doing very well in all kill format though.


The point is preparation.
It was the most efective builds to that maps against that opponents.
This is what is a team play when its not all kill, and you know the map and your opponent.
This is preparation.
And in the 7th day, Flash stopped macroing the universe.
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
December 09 2012 00:43 GMT
#4247
On December 09 2012 08:22 IcedBacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 01:33 kafkaesque wrote:
On December 09 2012 01:31 kuroshiro wrote:
Did doa get to cast?


Yeah and he was brilliant.


Brilliant? More like never had any correct analysis and his jokes were subpar. He really doesn't know anything about the current strategies anymore. At least he has a nice voice though.


Yeah I have to agree with you here. He was really bad actually. Didn't seem like he had any idea what he was talking about. I really like him so maybe the next one will be better. But last night's wasn't very good.
Julyzerg ftw
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 09 2012 00:47 GMT
#4248
On December 09 2012 09:43 SoFrOsTy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 08:22 IcedBacon wrote:
On December 09 2012 01:33 kafkaesque wrote:
On December 09 2012 01:31 kuroshiro wrote:
Did doa get to cast?


Yeah and he was brilliant.


Brilliant? More like never had any correct analysis and his jokes were subpar. He really doesn't know anything about the current strategies anymore. At least he has a nice voice though.


Yeah I have to agree with you here. He was really bad actually. Didn't seem like he had any idea what he was talking about. I really like him so maybe the next one will be better. But last night's wasn't very good.


He's not doing any more.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
December 09 2012 04:47 GMT
#4249
I know EG-TL missed arguably their top 3 players, but those players won't win all their games when they do participate, especially given that they have international commitments as well (that probably goes for all EG-TL players). You need a deep squad to have any chance of doing well in the proleague, and I just don't see that in EG-TL.

Oh, and does anyone know if EG-TL is planning on scaling back their participation of international events? I get they are important in terms of getting their players' & teams' brands out there, as well as the money & prestige that comes with winning these tournaments, but no team has a chance of winning or even finishing well in the proleague if their players are constantly facing fatigue and lack of practice due to excessive travelling. I think any advantage the EG-TL players might have had by playing SC2 for longer is wiped out, and then some, by the sheer amount of practice these Kespa players get in, as well as their natural talent. Then there's the issue of EG-TL's inexperience of playing in the proleague as well as their less disciplined practice regiment.

I only bring this up because I don't want to see EG-TL become what ACE was the majority of the time. The very fact that EG and TL is even getting a chance to play in the proleague is something out of a dream, but that doesn't mean they should just half-ass it and just be satisfied that they're participating at all. I want to see them commit everything they have in doing as well as they possibly could in the proleague. If not, I don't see why they even decided to join at all.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
ardi
Profile Joined February 2012
United States187 Posts
December 09 2012 05:50 GMT
#4250
noise/person from that crowd is inedible.
Doors block the thrust of life!!!!
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
December 09 2012 06:59 GMT
#4251
On December 09 2012 14:50 ardi wrote:
noise/person from that crowd is inedible.

Noise is generally not edible, and while you shouldn't ever eat a person, I don't think that's impossible, technically speaking.
Hello
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
December 09 2012 07:09 GMT
#4252
On December 09 2012 13:47 Telcontar wrote:
I know EG-TL missed arguably their top 3 players, but those players won't win all their games when they do participate, especially given that they have international commitments as well (that probably goes for all EG-TL players). You need a deep squad to have any chance of doing well in the proleague, and I just don't see that in EG-TL.

Oh, and does anyone know if EG-TL is planning on scaling back their participation of international events? I get they are important in terms of getting their players' & teams' brands out there, as well as the money & prestige that comes with winning these tournaments, but no team has a chance of winning or even finishing well in the proleague if their players are constantly facing fatigue and lack of practice due to excessive travelling. I think any advantage the EG-TL players might have had by playing SC2 for longer is wiped out, and then some, by the sheer amount of practice these Kespa players get in, as well as their natural talent. Then there's the issue of EG-TL's inexperience of playing in the proleague as well as their less disciplined practice regiment.

I only bring this up because I don't want to see EG-TL become what ACE was the majority of the time. The very fact that EG and TL is even getting a chance to play in the proleague is something out of a dream, but that doesn't mean they should just half-ass it and just be satisfied that they're participating at all. I want to see them commit everything they have in doing as well as they possibly could in the proleague. If not, I don't see why they even decided to join at all.

Having your top 3 players all lose is usually incredibly rare as that means you are almost getting swept. It just doesn't happen much. Most teams count on not having their best players lose.
lordvnm
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany45 Posts
December 09 2012 13:53 GMT
#4253
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.
"Rock is op. Paper is fine." - Scissors
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
December 09 2012 13:57 GMT
#4254
On December 09 2012 22:53 lordvnm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.

He won't need to prepare much to win.
WriterMaru
lordvnm
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany45 Posts
December 09 2012 14:40 GMT
#4255
On December 09 2012 22:57 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 22:53 lordvnm wrote:
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.

He won't need to prepare much to win.


[image loading]

User was warned for this post
"Rock is op. Paper is fine." - Scissors
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 14:43:09
December 09 2012 14:41 GMT
#4256
On December 09 2012 22:57 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 22:53 lordvnm wrote:
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.

He won't need to prepare much to win.

lol. Playing in Proleague vs Kespa players is an other level... He will be very suprised of being raped if he doesn't prepare seriously his matches.
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
December 09 2012 14:45 GMT
#4257
On December 09 2012 23:41 Glioburd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 22:57 Poopi wrote:
On December 09 2012 22:53 lordvnm wrote:
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.

He won't need to prepare much to win.

lol. Playing in Proleague vs Kespa players is an other level... He will be very suprised of being raped if he doesn't prepare seriously his matches.

It's SC2 not BW. It will be very random because bo1 isn't suited for sc2 but still.
WriterMaru
alone
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland410 Posts
December 09 2012 14:46 GMT
#4258
On December 09 2012 23:45 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 23:41 Glioburd wrote:
On December 09 2012 22:57 Poopi wrote:
On December 09 2012 22:53 lordvnm wrote:
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.

He won't need to prepare much to win.

lol. Playing in Proleague vs Kespa players is an other level... He will be very suprised of being raped if he doesn't prepare seriously his matches.

It's SC2 not BW. It will be very random because bo1 isn't suited for sc2 but still.


And how is bo1 more suited for BW?
ThatAintFalco
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States26 Posts
December 09 2012 14:49 GMT
#4259
I really don't think this means anything at all. TL-EG didn't come with 3 players that would've been on their rosters for sure (Stephano, Hero, Taeja) and Thorzain's game wasn't even that bad. He probably would've won if he had held off that timing push.
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
December 09 2012 15:30 GMT
#4260
On December 09 2012 23:45 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 23:41 Glioburd wrote:
On December 09 2012 22:57 Poopi wrote:
On December 09 2012 22:53 lordvnm wrote:
On December 09 2012 05:59 revel8 wrote:
I am not saying that Stephano is going to roll the Kespa players. I think they will probably be extremely strong opponents. However obviously Stephano is also going to be one of the strongest players that EG-TL can field and more of a challenge than Zenio. I am keen to see what will happen. Isn't this what people want to see, how Stephano does in Korean tournaments?


I don't think that Stephano will make a big difference in Proleague. As mentioned by others it's all about preparation and studying your opponents. And the one think we know about Stephano for sure is: he doesn't train (or in this case: prepare) much.

He won't need to prepare much to win.

lol. Playing in Proleague vs Kespa players is an other level... He will be very suprised of being raped if he doesn't prepare seriously his matches.

It's SC2 not BW. It will be very random because bo1 isn't suited for sc2 but still.

preparing for one preset map is easier than for three, regardless of games
Prev 1 211 212 213 214 215 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 745
WardiTV329
OGKoka 100
Rex98
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 330
Lowko299
ProTech117
OGKoka 100
Rex 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5205
EffOrt 2291
Horang2 1180
Larva 1022
BeSt 832
Hyuk 523
ZerO 431
Stork 190
Light 172
Hyun 156
[ Show more ]
Mini 145
Zeus 143
Killer 129
Barracks 112
Rush 94
ggaemo 44
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 42
Yoon 34
Bale 30
PianO 19
Mong 19
Sacsri 16
Aegong 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
sorry 9
HiyA 8
Noble 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Dendi1193
BananaSlamJamma84
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
byalli930
x6flipin257
Other Games
singsing2016
olofmeister1537
XaKoH 326
crisheroes268
Sick242
Pyrionflax193
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King55
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 7219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream418
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN98
UltimateBattle 66
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH322
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1729
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.