• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:49
CEST 05:49
KST 12:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8065 users

MLG Pro Circuit Winter Championship Day 1 - Page 343

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 341 342 343 344 Next
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
March 24 2012 13:00 GMT
#6841
On March 24 2012 21:28 Terminal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 20:53 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:04 b0rt_ wrote:
that 3-1 caster prediction of naniwa beating drg was ridiculous. Do they not watch this game? Pretty ridiculous.



Artosis is the only one who can even play starcraft at a semi-high level, so its no surprise that the other casters don't appreciate his play. I don't care what anyone thinks, you cannot have a deep understanding of high level starcraft unless you also play at a somewhat high level. Otherwise you end up like Tasteless who only cares about cute plays and micro tricks. MKP's factory wall against DRG in the Winter Arena did for him what months of fast, aggressive and intelligent play couldn't. Look at him drool over Naniwa because of his micro in the Winter Arena. He now thinks Naniwa is the best protoss in the world. He is just incapable at his level of appreciating the play of intelligent, non flashy play. If it weren't for Artosis telling him to like and who to dislike he wouldn't know what was going on.

I realize this turned into a tasteless rant even though I love the guy. He is just a particularly relevant example. Almost all casters are guilty of this. I don't mean to pick on tasteless.

Artosis isn't the only caster who can play at a semi-high level so you're wrong there for starters. And you realize somebody in Tasteless' position is just doing there job too, right? His job is to also hype and sell the players and point out the more casual-friendly fancy things for the majority of spectators. Though I'm sure he can differentiate good from bad play with the experience he has he'll leave that role to somebody like Artosis, who yes - has more understanding of the game and intelligent play but I wouldn't say Tasteless has zero knowledge and only cares about cute players and micro tricks, it's just that's not his position to do so most of the time.


Look, all I can base this off of is what he says publicly. I think that he betrays a shallow understanding of the game based on both his casting as well as his predictions. I realize he is the play by play caster and not the analyst, but he often does make predictions and calls games, and sometimes he is completely wrong.

I think he has done a lot for the community and personally think he is one of the people I would get along with the most. I would love to get some drinks with the guy but I just think his game knowledge isn't deep enough to appreciate really high level play that isn't flashy (in other words, obvious).

And what casters can play at a high level besides artosis? I'm genuinely curious. I really like dApollo's casting and know he plays as well, but I'm not very knowledgeable regarding his skill.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 13:05:46
March 24 2012 13:00 GMT
#6842
On March 24 2012 21:46 mememolly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 21:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:31 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 19:09 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 18:45 TheMexican wrote:
horrible first day, soundissues, overlayissues, hp's were always turned off and very few games (as usual) on the free streams.ATROCIOUS obersving in the games that were shown, horrible casters besides the "established"ones ofc (<3 at least day 9 was back, though he could not save the first day) combined with the demuslim-drg decision....had to turn off after that, just horrible.
sry mlg but that is neither getting potential new costumers nor making those that do pay satisifed to win them over longterm.

not sure whether or not i will be watching the rest, and im sure im not the only one


gotta admit this is the worst mlg i've watched so far, they haven't fix a lot of things from last season, the pools are still stupid and unfair and still no seeding in open bracket, all the casting has gotten worse, rather have husky than some of these dudes, stream has to refreshed after every ad, lots of downtime between games, I expected it to get smoother and more refined but its gotten worse, which is weird because a bunch of university kids managed to get it so right last week


The season just started, on what should the seeding be based besides Winter Arena (+ WA qualifier) results? TLPD ELO? Won Pricemoney? Fan Votes? Your Private Seeding System?

If People don't have any MLG points cause they didn't play in the prior ones of the respective season they may get unlucky brackets cause they didn't earn a seed. -_-


take into consideration tourney results from things over than MLG, it's not rocket science

Right. So how does an Ro64 Code A finish compare to an 11th place IEM finish?


so stephano and polt should go unseeded in the open bracket?


If they don't have any MLG points, of course. It's bad enough GomTv screws around with giving out arbitrary seeds..

On March 24 2012 22:00 zefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 21:28 Terminal wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:04 b0rt_ wrote:
that 3-1 caster prediction of naniwa beating drg was ridiculous. Do they not watch this game? Pretty ridiculous.



Artosis is the only one who can even play starcraft at a semi-high level, so its no surprise that the other casters don't appreciate his play. I don't care what anyone thinks, you cannot have a deep understanding of high level starcraft unless you also play at a somewhat high level. Otherwise you end up like Tasteless who only cares about cute plays and micro tricks. MKP's factory wall against DRG in the Winter Arena did for him what months of fast, aggressive and intelligent play couldn't. Look at him drool over Naniwa because of his micro in the Winter Arena. He now thinks Naniwa is the best protoss in the world. He is just incapable at his level of appreciating the play of intelligent, non flashy play. If it weren't for Artosis telling him to like and who to dislike he wouldn't know what was going on.

I realize this turned into a tasteless rant even though I love the guy. He is just a particularly relevant example. Almost all casters are guilty of this. I don't mean to pick on tasteless.

Artosis isn't the only caster who can play at a semi-high level so you're wrong there for starters. And you realize somebody in Tasteless' position is just doing there job too, right? His job is to also hype and sell the players and point out the more casual-friendly fancy things for the majority of spectators. Though I'm sure he can differentiate good from bad play with the experience he has he'll leave that role to somebody like Artosis, who yes - has more understanding of the game and intelligent play but I wouldn't say Tasteless has zero knowledge and only cares about cute players and micro tricks, it's just that's not his position to do so most of the time.


Look, all I can base this off of is what he says publicly. I think that he betrays a shallow understanding of the game based on both his casting as well as his predictions. I realize he is the play by play caster and not the analyst, but he often does make predictions and calls games, and sometimes he is completely wrong.

I think he has done a lot for the community and personally think he is one of the people I would get along with the most. I would love to get some drinks with the guy but I just think his game knowledge isn't deep enough to appreciate really high level play that isn't flashy (in other words, obvious).

And what casters can play at a high level besides artosis? I'm genuinely curious. I really like dApollo's casting and know he plays as well, but I'm not very knowledgeable regarding his skill.


Isn't Rotterdam on the edge to EU GM with his Toss? Apollo is mid - high masters on EU as Random I think.
TheMexican
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany96 Posts
March 24 2012 13:04 GMT
#6843
On March 24 2012 21:46 0ne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 21:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:31 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 19:09 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 18:45 TheMexican wrote:
horrible first day, soundissues, overlayissues, hp's were always turned off and very few games (as usual) on the free streams.ATROCIOUS obersving in the games that were shown, horrible casters besides the "established"ones ofc (<3 at least day 9 was back, though he could not save the first day) combined with the demuslim-drg decision....had to turn off after that, just horrible.
sry mlg but that is neither getting potential new costumers nor making those that do pay satisifed to win them over longterm.

not sure whether or not i will be watching the rest, and im sure im not the only one


gotta admit this is the worst mlg i've watched so far, they haven't fix a lot of things from last season, the pools are still stupid and unfair and still no seeding in open bracket, all the casting has gotten worse, rather have husky than some of these dudes, stream has to refreshed after every ad, lots of downtime between games, I expected it to get smoother and more refined but its gotten worse, which is weird because a bunch of university kids managed to get it so right last week


The season just started, on what should the seeding be based besides Winter Arena (+ WA qualifier) results? TLPD ELO? Won Pricemoney? Fan Votes? Your Private Seeding System?

If People don't have any MLG points cause they didn't play in the prior ones of the respective season they may get unlucky brackets cause they didn't earn a seed. -_-


take into consideration tourney results from things over than MLG, it's not rocket science

Right. So how does an Ro64 Code A finish compare to an 11th place IEM finish?

Don't bother trying to argue about this. People is just mad that Stephano is out of the winners bracket after they were talking about him about to win MLG and become the best zerg in the world.

Now they have to create some drama and blame MLG's system when there's no way to seed Stephano and Polt because they didn't want to play in the winter arena. It's fine, they wanted to play in other tournament, but now it's his fault that they met so early and not MLG's
+ Show Spoiler +


It was just very unfortunate that the 2 best players (i know arguably...) were to play in the open bracket this early. but yeah that happens, still the other problems of this mlg remain, and that makes me a little bit angry. i realize it's huge compared to the lone clash, yet there somehow the actual experience on stream was better though the production cost were probably a 100th of what mlg is paying. sth is just not right there.
Nitro68
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France470 Posts
March 24 2012 13:10 GMT
#6844
The VOD of streams 2 and 3 are not available ?
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
March 24 2012 13:14 GMT
#6845
On March 24 2012 22:00 Neelia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 21:46 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:31 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 19:09 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 18:45 TheMexican wrote:
horrible first day, soundissues, overlayissues, hp's were always turned off and very few games (as usual) on the free streams.ATROCIOUS obersving in the games that were shown, horrible casters besides the "established"ones ofc (<3 at least day 9 was back, though he could not save the first day) combined with the demuslim-drg decision....had to turn off after that, just horrible.
sry mlg but that is neither getting potential new costumers nor making those that do pay satisifed to win them over longterm.

not sure whether or not i will be watching the rest, and im sure im not the only one


gotta admit this is the worst mlg i've watched so far, they haven't fix a lot of things from last season, the pools are still stupid and unfair and still no seeding in open bracket, all the casting has gotten worse, rather have husky than some of these dudes, stream has to refreshed after every ad, lots of downtime between games, I expected it to get smoother and more refined but its gotten worse, which is weird because a bunch of university kids managed to get it so right last week


The season just started, on what should the seeding be based besides Winter Arena (+ WA qualifier) results? TLPD ELO? Won Pricemoney? Fan Votes? Your Private Seeding System?

If People don't have any MLG points cause they didn't play in the prior ones of the respective season they may get unlucky brackets cause they didn't earn a seed. -_-


take into consideration tourney results from things over than MLG, it's not rocket science

Right. So how does an Ro64 Code A finish compare to an 11th place IEM finish?


so stephano and polt should go unseeded in the open bracket?


If they don't have any MLG points, of course. It's bad enough GomTv screws around with giving out arbitrary seeds..

Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:28 Terminal wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:04 b0rt_ wrote:
that 3-1 caster prediction of naniwa beating drg was ridiculous. Do they not watch this game? Pretty ridiculous.



Artosis is the only one who can even play starcraft at a semi-high level, so its no surprise that the other casters don't appreciate his play. I don't care what anyone thinks, you cannot have a deep understanding of high level starcraft unless you also play at a somewhat high level. Otherwise you end up like Tasteless who only cares about cute plays and micro tricks. MKP's factory wall against DRG in the Winter Arena did for him what months of fast, aggressive and intelligent play couldn't. Look at him drool over Naniwa because of his micro in the Winter Arena. He now thinks Naniwa is the best protoss in the world. He is just incapable at his level of appreciating the play of intelligent, non flashy play. If it weren't for Artosis telling him to like and who to dislike he wouldn't know what was going on.

I realize this turned into a tasteless rant even though I love the guy. He is just a particularly relevant example. Almost all casters are guilty of this. I don't mean to pick on tasteless.

Artosis isn't the only caster who can play at a semi-high level so you're wrong there for starters. And you realize somebody in Tasteless' position is just doing there job too, right? His job is to also hype and sell the players and point out the more casual-friendly fancy things for the majority of spectators. Though I'm sure he can differentiate good from bad play with the experience he has he'll leave that role to somebody like Artosis, who yes - has more understanding of the game and intelligent play but I wouldn't say Tasteless has zero knowledge and only cares about cute players and micro tricks, it's just that's not his position to do so most of the time.


Look, all I can base this off of is what he says publicly. I think that he betrays a shallow understanding of the game based on both his casting as well as his predictions. I realize he is the play by play caster and not the analyst, but he often does make predictions and calls games, and sometimes he is completely wrong.

I think he has done a lot for the community and personally think he is one of the people I would get along with the most. I would love to get some drinks with the guy but I just think his game knowledge isn't deep enough to appreciate really high level play that isn't flashy (in other words, obvious).

And what casters can play at a high level besides artosis? I'm genuinely curious. I really like dApollo's casting and know he plays as well, but I'm not very knowledgeable regarding his skill.


Isn't Rotterdam on the edge to EU GM with his Toss? Apollo is mid - high masters on EU as Random I think.

Polt and Stephano have actually been seeded based on their points from last year. Everyone up to seed #49 in the open bracket has points that carried over from last year; from #50 down it's supposed to be random but even that is obviously seeded in some way. (I'm guessing TLPD).

Apollo is indeed high in masters. A week ago he was at 1000 points and playing 30% of the time against GM players. Source: His twitter, tweet is dated March 16th.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
March 24 2012 13:22 GMT
#6846
On March 24 2012 22:14 Wroshe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:00 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:46 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:31 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 19:09 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 18:45 TheMexican wrote:
horrible first day, soundissues, overlayissues, hp's were always turned off and very few games (as usual) on the free streams.ATROCIOUS obersving in the games that were shown, horrible casters besides the "established"ones ofc (<3 at least day 9 was back, though he could not save the first day) combined with the demuslim-drg decision....had to turn off after that, just horrible.
sry mlg but that is neither getting potential new costumers nor making those that do pay satisifed to win them over longterm.

not sure whether or not i will be watching the rest, and im sure im not the only one


gotta admit this is the worst mlg i've watched so far, they haven't fix a lot of things from last season, the pools are still stupid and unfair and still no seeding in open bracket, all the casting has gotten worse, rather have husky than some of these dudes, stream has to refreshed after every ad, lots of downtime between games, I expected it to get smoother and more refined but its gotten worse, which is weird because a bunch of university kids managed to get it so right last week


The season just started, on what should the seeding be based besides Winter Arena (+ WA qualifier) results? TLPD ELO? Won Pricemoney? Fan Votes? Your Private Seeding System?

If People don't have any MLG points cause they didn't play in the prior ones of the respective season they may get unlucky brackets cause they didn't earn a seed. -_-


take into consideration tourney results from things over than MLG, it's not rocket science

Right. So how does an Ro64 Code A finish compare to an 11th place IEM finish?


so stephano and polt should go unseeded in the open bracket?


If they don't have any MLG points, of course. It's bad enough GomTv screws around with giving out arbitrary seeds..

On March 24 2012 22:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:28 Terminal wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:04 b0rt_ wrote:
that 3-1 caster prediction of naniwa beating drg was ridiculous. Do they not watch this game? Pretty ridiculous.



Artosis is the only one who can even play starcraft at a semi-high level, so its no surprise that the other casters don't appreciate his play. I don't care what anyone thinks, you cannot have a deep understanding of high level starcraft unless you also play at a somewhat high level. Otherwise you end up like Tasteless who only cares about cute plays and micro tricks. MKP's factory wall against DRG in the Winter Arena did for him what months of fast, aggressive and intelligent play couldn't. Look at him drool over Naniwa because of his micro in the Winter Arena. He now thinks Naniwa is the best protoss in the world. He is just incapable at his level of appreciating the play of intelligent, non flashy play. If it weren't for Artosis telling him to like and who to dislike he wouldn't know what was going on.

I realize this turned into a tasteless rant even though I love the guy. He is just a particularly relevant example. Almost all casters are guilty of this. I don't mean to pick on tasteless.

Artosis isn't the only caster who can play at a semi-high level so you're wrong there for starters. And you realize somebody in Tasteless' position is just doing there job too, right? His job is to also hype and sell the players and point out the more casual-friendly fancy things for the majority of spectators. Though I'm sure he can differentiate good from bad play with the experience he has he'll leave that role to somebody like Artosis, who yes - has more understanding of the game and intelligent play but I wouldn't say Tasteless has zero knowledge and only cares about cute players and micro tricks, it's just that's not his position to do so most of the time.


Look, all I can base this off of is what he says publicly. I think that he betrays a shallow understanding of the game based on both his casting as well as his predictions. I realize he is the play by play caster and not the analyst, but he often does make predictions and calls games, and sometimes he is completely wrong.

I think he has done a lot for the community and personally think he is one of the people I would get along with the most. I would love to get some drinks with the guy but I just think his game knowledge isn't deep enough to appreciate really high level play that isn't flashy (in other words, obvious).

And what casters can play at a high level besides artosis? I'm genuinely curious. I really like dApollo's casting and know he plays as well, but I'm not very knowledgeable regarding his skill.


Isn't Rotterdam on the edge to EU GM with his Toss? Apollo is mid - high masters on EU as Random I think.

Polt and Stephano have actually been seeded based on their points from last year. Everyone up to seed #49 in the open bracket has points that carried over from last year; from #50 down it's supposed to be random but even that is obviously seeded in some way. (I'm guessing TLPD).

Apollo is indeed high in masters. A week ago he was at 1000 points and playing 30% of the time against GM players. Source: His twitter, tweet is dated March 16th.


But that doesn't make sense. For example, aLive got knocked out by Polt last year in the only MLG any of them went to, both Polt and Stephano got much farther than him and he still is seeded far ahead of them. I don't know, it just doesn't make any sense.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
March 24 2012 13:22 GMT
#6847
I really can't say I had any problem with watching MLG. The observing wasn't the best I've ever seen and that was the most annoying thing that actually happaned. I had no issues with lag, nor the sound... one time they fucked up the overlay, maybe twice but seriously, if you are going to bitch about a wrong color in the overlay.. you just want to bash on something.

The production was very good for me, didn't miss a single game.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
silentsod
Profile Joined August 2010
United States198 Posts
March 24 2012 13:29 GMT
#6848
In case this hasn't been said yet: Holy balls the VOD system is awesome!
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
March 24 2012 13:32 GMT
#6849
On March 24 2012 22:22 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:14 Wroshe wrote:
On March 24 2012 22:00 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:46 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:31 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 Neelia wrote:
On March 24 2012 19:09 mememolly wrote:
On March 24 2012 18:45 TheMexican wrote:
horrible first day, soundissues, overlayissues, hp's were always turned off and very few games (as usual) on the free streams.ATROCIOUS obersving in the games that were shown, horrible casters besides the "established"ones ofc (<3 at least day 9 was back, though he could not save the first day) combined with the demuslim-drg decision....had to turn off after that, just horrible.
sry mlg but that is neither getting potential new costumers nor making those that do pay satisifed to win them over longterm.

not sure whether or not i will be watching the rest, and im sure im not the only one


gotta admit this is the worst mlg i've watched so far, they haven't fix a lot of things from last season, the pools are still stupid and unfair and still no seeding in open bracket, all the casting has gotten worse, rather have husky than some of these dudes, stream has to refreshed after every ad, lots of downtime between games, I expected it to get smoother and more refined but its gotten worse, which is weird because a bunch of university kids managed to get it so right last week


The season just started, on what should the seeding be based besides Winter Arena (+ WA qualifier) results? TLPD ELO? Won Pricemoney? Fan Votes? Your Private Seeding System?

If People don't have any MLG points cause they didn't play in the prior ones of the respective season they may get unlucky brackets cause they didn't earn a seed. -_-


take into consideration tourney results from things over than MLG, it's not rocket science

Right. So how does an Ro64 Code A finish compare to an 11th place IEM finish?


so stephano and polt should go unseeded in the open bracket?


If they don't have any MLG points, of course. It's bad enough GomTv screws around with giving out arbitrary seeds..

On March 24 2012 22:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 21:28 Terminal wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:53 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:04 b0rt_ wrote:
that 3-1 caster prediction of naniwa beating drg was ridiculous. Do they not watch this game? Pretty ridiculous.



Artosis is the only one who can even play starcraft at a semi-high level, so its no surprise that the other casters don't appreciate his play. I don't care what anyone thinks, you cannot have a deep understanding of high level starcraft unless you also play at a somewhat high level. Otherwise you end up like Tasteless who only cares about cute plays and micro tricks. MKP's factory wall against DRG in the Winter Arena did for him what months of fast, aggressive and intelligent play couldn't. Look at him drool over Naniwa because of his micro in the Winter Arena. He now thinks Naniwa is the best protoss in the world. He is just incapable at his level of appreciating the play of intelligent, non flashy play. If it weren't for Artosis telling him to like and who to dislike he wouldn't know what was going on.

I realize this turned into a tasteless rant even though I love the guy. He is just a particularly relevant example. Almost all casters are guilty of this. I don't mean to pick on tasteless.

Artosis isn't the only caster who can play at a semi-high level so you're wrong there for starters. And you realize somebody in Tasteless' position is just doing there job too, right? His job is to also hype and sell the players and point out the more casual-friendly fancy things for the majority of spectators. Though I'm sure he can differentiate good from bad play with the experience he has he'll leave that role to somebody like Artosis, who yes - has more understanding of the game and intelligent play but I wouldn't say Tasteless has zero knowledge and only cares about cute players and micro tricks, it's just that's not his position to do so most of the time.


Look, all I can base this off of is what he says publicly. I think that he betrays a shallow understanding of the game based on both his casting as well as his predictions. I realize he is the play by play caster and not the analyst, but he often does make predictions and calls games, and sometimes he is completely wrong.

I think he has done a lot for the community and personally think he is one of the people I would get along with the most. I would love to get some drinks with the guy but I just think his game knowledge isn't deep enough to appreciate really high level play that isn't flashy (in other words, obvious).

And what casters can play at a high level besides artosis? I'm genuinely curious. I really like dApollo's casting and know he plays as well, but I'm not very knowledgeable regarding his skill.


Isn't Rotterdam on the edge to EU GM with his Toss? Apollo is mid - high masters on EU as Random I think.

Polt and Stephano have actually been seeded based on their points from last year. Everyone up to seed #49 in the open bracket has points that carried over from last year; from #50 down it's supposed to be random but even that is obviously seeded in some way. (I'm guessing TLPD).

Apollo is indeed high in masters. A week ago he was at 1000 points and playing 30% of the time against GM players. Source: His twitter, tweet is dated March 16th.


But that doesn't make sense. For example, aLive got knocked out by Polt last year in the only MLG any of them went to, both Polt and Stephano got much farther than him and he still is seeded far ahead of them. I don't know, it just doesn't make any sense.


I think it's based on the Winter Arena Qualifier results where aLive got a better result than Polt.
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
March 24 2012 13:33 GMT
#6850
On March 24 2012 22:22 Type|NarutO wrote:
I really can't say I had any problem with watching MLG. The observing wasn't the best I've ever seen and that was the most annoying thing that actually happaned. I had no issues with lag, nor the sound... one time they fucked up the overlay, maybe twice but seriously, if you are going to bitch about a wrong color in the overlay.. you just want to bash on something.

The production was very good for me, didn't miss a single game.


I gotta say the wrong colour in overlay was very confusing for people who tuned in halfway, esp when it's a mirror. Took me quite a while to figure out who was Ret and who was viOlet.
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
March 24 2012 13:46 GMT
#6851
On March 24 2012 22:29 silentsod wrote:
In case this hasn't been said yet: Holy balls the VOD system is awesome!

Link? Also, do we need gold membership to watch them?
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
March 24 2012 13:51 GMT
#6852
On March 24 2012 22:46 teamsolid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:29 silentsod wrote:
In case this hasn't been said yet: Holy balls the VOD system is awesome!

Link? Also, do we need gold membership to watch them?


It's on the live player and yes, it's not free.
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
Ireniicus
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom374 Posts
March 24 2012 13:54 GMT
#6853
I really dislike MLG tournament model. Yes i wanted Stephano to go deep and hopefully he still can but same would have been for Polt too.

To me linking this tournament to the Arena gives a significant boost to those available for that event. It should have been an entirely seperate standalone tournament. Especially as Gold viewers had to pay for it seperately (but thats another story).

I just do not like any tounrament where there is such a two tier system. It is obsurdly unfair to those that 'turn up' on the day and if it continues will continue to alientate Europeans. Something MLG claims to be striving not to do.





Ireniicus
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom374 Posts
March 24 2012 13:54 GMT
#6854
ps I also think it seems a bit smelly they 'randomly' meet for the last match of the day.
HQuality
Profile Joined October 2009
2682 Posts
March 24 2012 14:01 GMT
#6855
is anywhere "free" ticket for silver membership like it was earlier mlg's?
No carpal tunnel no skill
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
March 24 2012 14:01 GMT
#6856
On March 24 2012 22:54 Ireniicus wrote:
ps I also think it seems a bit smelly they 'randomly' meet for the last match of the day.


It wasn't even going to be the last match of the day, it wasn't even going to be aired.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
skrzmark
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
March 24 2012 14:31 GMT
#6857
How do I watch free like I did for MLG arena?
We got them GOM TvT's and them mlGG's
zomgE
Profile Joined January 2012
498 Posts
March 24 2012 14:33 GMT
#6858
On March 24 2012 23:01 HQuality wrote:
is anywhere "free" ticket for silver membership like it was earlier mlg's?

there is no silver membership anymore bro
(pretty sure)
Kage
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
India788 Posts
March 24 2012 14:45 GMT
#6859
Is the stream at majorleaguegaming.com/live the only one? Are there any re-streams or better ways to watch it?
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
March 24 2012 15:01 GMT
#6860
On March 24 2012 21:04 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 20:53 zefreak wrote:
On March 24 2012 20:04 b0rt_ wrote:
that 3-1 caster prediction of naniwa beating drg was ridiculous. Do they not watch this game? Pretty ridiculous.



Artosis is the only one who can even play starcraft at a semi-high level, so its no surprise that the other casters don't appreciate his play. I don't care what anyone thinks, you cannot have a deep understanding of high level starcraft unless you also play at a somewhat high level. Otherwise you end up like Tasteless who only cares about cute plays and micro tricks. MKP's factory wall against DRG in the Winter Arena did for him what months of fast, aggressive and intelligent play couldn't. Look at him drool over Naniwa because of his micro in the Winter Arena. He now thinks Naniwa is the best protoss in the world. He is just incapable at his level of appreciating the play of intelligent, non flashy play. If it weren't for Artosis telling him to like and who to dislike he wouldn't know what was going on.

I realize this turned into a tasteless rant even though I love the guy. He is just a particularly relevant example. Almost all casters are guilty of this. I don't mean to pick on tasteless.


Completely agree. The only 2 full-time casters I think are worth listening to for analysis are Apollo and Artosis, with sometimes Day[9] also giving some good insight.

You do realize he does colour commentary and not analysis when casting with Artosis. If they switched roles you would notice that Tasteless does know a lot more then is let on.
Prev 1 341 342 343 344 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 45
NotJumperer 16
Noble 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever985
NeuroSwarm203
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft411
Other Games
summit1g7349
Coldzera 763
JimRising 677
C9.Mang0393
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo985
• Rush852
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.