• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

[GSL] Nov Code S RO4 - Page 183

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 192 Next
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
November 28 2011 13:41 GMT
#3641
On November 28 2011 22:38 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:36 Nekovivie wrote:
Did NesTea get tired of his aging body and swap minds with this Leenock kid?


Artosis would tell you that one day Nestea shed a tear (just because he felt like it, Nestea doesnt cry) and from that spawned Leenock and now that tear is becoming a monster that crushes Mvp for Nestea since Nestea put all the Mvp killing codes into the tear.


Man its like having Artosis himself on the forum... I totally read that in his voice
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
kslghost
Profile Joined June 2011
246 Posts
November 28 2011 13:42 GMT
#3642
On November 28 2011 22:33 LXenJin wrote:
It seems that since we have a damn good semi-final, our final is gonna be like always?


I think people underestimate Jjakji considerably. He has a very solid win rate (better than Leenock's) and a pretty average level of play against Zerg (not too much worse than Leenock's ZvT record). Obviously, Leenock will go in as the favorite considering Jjakji has won all of nothing and Leenock has at least some record of success recently.

But I seriously doubt this will be a 4-0 unless we see some particularly bad form play or some kind of epic collapse. Both these players will be quite nervous. Honestly, I see Leenock being considerably more nervous than in MLG, as expectations are higher and he has to play in front of his peers rather than a bunch of Americans he hardly understands. That said, Jjakji has no reason not to be just as nervous if not more.

7 games series can have some very interesting meta-game implications. I think what will give Jjakji supporters the best hope if he can figure out a way to solve some of Leenock's unbelievable 2 base defense to map control style.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
November 28 2011 13:44 GMT
#3643
On November 28 2011 22:40 FakeDeath wrote:
I wonder how the heck did leenock catch those 3 drops at such an impeccable timing.Did he had any ovie placed there?

I don't think MVP would have continued to drop if overlords were in the path. The thing is, in all games MVP was always dropping while pushing, and after 4 games Leenock just got the memo and each time MVP threatened the center, he sent his mutas on the drop paths. MVP was too predictable with his drops in the last game imo.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
November 28 2011 13:44 GMT
#3644
Damn, I missed Jjakji both last round and this.

Now I'm really intrigued to see it, but no GSL pass because of freaking Paypal. =/
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
November 28 2011 13:45 GMT
#3645
On November 28 2011 22:44 Talin wrote:
Damn, I missed Jjakji both last round and this.

Now I'm really intrigued to see it, but no GSL pass because of freaking Paypal. =/

No credit card ? You can pay directly with a credit card number, that's what I do.
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 13:45:51
November 28 2011 13:45 GMT
#3646
On November 28 2011 22:38 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:30 MCDayC wrote:
On November 28 2011 22:05 Telcontar wrote:
Why Leenock why? This is starting to feel like when Flash rose to cockblock JD. T_T

Just out of interest, what do you mean by this?

I didn't really follow the BW scene, but from what I've understood, Jaedong was the undisputed best player in the world around the time Flash suddenly became good and turned into [insert taboo b-word here]. Jaedong was on his way to becoming the next [taboo b-word] but Flash became it before him.

Lol it's not "taboo" for Flash. It's taboo for anyone who is not named Boxer, Oov, Nada, S____, and Flash.

But yes, your facts are pretty much correct, JD had a headstart on Flash, which grew into a rivalry, and then became very one-sided when Flash stopped JD on virtually all occasions from becoming the #1 winningest player in BW history. Without Flash, JD would have probably surpassed Nada's wins and would have been crowned as a bonjwa, but he was usurped by a little kid called God Young Ho.
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
November 28 2011 13:46 GMT
#3647
Was rooting so much for FXOz


But nevertheless I'm still rooting for Leenock in the finals ;D
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
November 28 2011 13:47 GMT
#3648
On November 28 2011 22:42 kslghost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:33 LXenJin wrote:
It seems that since we have a damn good semi-final, our final is gonna be like always?


I think people underestimate Jjakji considerably. He has a very solid win rate (better than Leenock's) and a pretty average level of play against Zerg (not too much worse than Leenock's ZvT record). Obviously, Leenock will go in as the favorite considering Jjakji has won all of nothing and Leenock has at least some record of success recently.

But I seriously doubt this will be a 4-0 unless we see some particularly bad form play or some kind of epic collapse. Both these players will be quite nervous. Honestly, I see Leenock being considerably more nervous than in MLG, as expectations are higher and he has to play in front of his peers rather than a bunch of Americans he hardly understands. That said, Jjakji has no reason not to be just as nervous if not more.

7 games series can have some very interesting meta-game implications. I think what will give Jjakji supporters the best hope if he can figure out a way to solve some of Leenock's unbelievable 2 base defense to map control style.

I 100% agree with this, and I'd add that TvZ, when played by 2 high level players, can't be too one sided (unless everyone allins everygame). It's really a matchup that feels like a bw matchup.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 13:50:32
November 28 2011 13:49 GMT
#3649
On November 28 2011 22:45 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:44 Talin wrote:
Damn, I missed Jjakji both last round and this.

Now I'm really intrigued to see it, but no GSL pass because of freaking Paypal. =/

No credit card ? You can pay directly with a credit card number, that's what I do.


I can pay directly by credit card, but it always takes me to the PayPal page.

I can't find a direct payment option anywhere, could you PM me where to find it?

It even says

*Ticket purchase will proceed via PayPal.
- How to use PayPal


Right when I click on Purchase Premium ticket. There isn't a choice anywhere that I can see.
Zalithian
Profile Joined June 2011
520 Posts
November 28 2011 13:50 GMT
#3650
This is always how things go. Whoever wins recently = THE BEST EVER. Same with every player really. The hype train just cannot be stopped. Stephano doing well on ladder? OMG STEPHANO IS THE BEST FOREIGNER OF ALL TIME. Hero wins his first tournament ever? OMG HE IS THE BEST PROTOSS IN THE WORLD. Naniwa won like 5 matches at Providence? BEST TOSS IN THE WORLD HANDS DOWN.

It's really silly. There's no denying all those players are really good, but just because someone does really well at something recently certainly does not make them the best.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
November 28 2011 13:52 GMT
#3651
On November 28 2011 22:38 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:30 MCDayC wrote:
On November 28 2011 22:05 Telcontar wrote:
Why Leenock why? This is starting to feel like when Flash rose to cockblock JD. T_T

Just out of interest, what do you mean by this?

I didn't really follow the BW scene, but from what I've understood, Jaedong was the undisputed best player in the world around the time Flash suddenly became good and turned into [insert taboo b-word here]. Jaedong was on his way to becoming the next [taboo b-word] but Flash became it before him.

Thanks man. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. It seems to make sense. If MVP had won, it would be his third consecutive GSL final, and in my opinion an almost guaranteed win against Jjackji. Leenockuuuuu stopped that though.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
November 28 2011 13:53 GMT
#3652
sux that protoss has no one you can say "maybe him can win this GSL!", why protoss players had to be so bad in GSL, fuck!

hope HOTS makes protoss harder to play but rewarding more skilled play...
badog
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 13:56:23
November 28 2011 13:54 GMT
#3653
On November 28 2011 22:49 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:45 MrCon wrote:
On November 28 2011 22:44 Talin wrote:
Damn, I missed Jjakji both last round and this.

Now I'm really intrigued to see it, but no GSL pass because of freaking Paypal. =/

No credit card ? You can pay directly with a credit card number, that's what I do.


I can pay directly by credit card, but it always takes me to the PayPal page.

I can't find a direct payment option anywhere, could you PM me where to find it?

Paypal is the payment processor, it act like the bank but you don't need anything about paypal. When you want to pay, you'll be redirected to a paypal page , select credit card, and voilà. They use paypal like an online marchand would use a bank, but you don't need any paypal account.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


On the right top is "Pay with your paypal account", and bottom is select by default, "Pay by credit card"

edit : or perhaps your country is not supported ? That's strange you don't have the option of direct payment.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
November 28 2011 13:54 GMT
#3654
On November 28 2011 22:44 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:40 FakeDeath wrote:
I wonder how the heck did leenock catch those 3 drops at such an impeccable timing.Did he had any ovie placed there?

I don't think MVP would have continued to drop if overlords were in the path. The thing is, in all games MVP was always dropping while pushing, and after 4 games Leenock just got the memo and each time MVP threatened the center, he sent his mutas on the drop paths. MVP was too predictable with his drops in the last game imo.


Yeah, I agree. Leenock would have had to play much worse than he is to miss those drops. It's also an unfortunate map for that 5th game because of the architecture. Where else are the muta going to be while the T army goes to the center? If the Zerg isn't vulnerable on the left side of the map, drops are very difficult there. Glad to see Leenock is getting a deserved piece of the GSL pie, though.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
November 28 2011 13:55 GMT
#3655
Its the macro hatch man, I feel like ZvT the macro hatch is big win, Leenocks the only one who does it every single game. Dont know why its not the go to build when you see hellions imo.
lessQQmorePEWPEW
Profile Joined November 2011
Jamaica921 Posts
November 28 2011 13:58 GMT
#3656
I have to give credit to Jjakjji.. I remember seeing this guy play in the ESV cups and remembered him demolishing zergs with 11/11 like it was a joke.

This guys brings to the table intense preparation.. which can be seen from his builds. He will study leenocks style and at the very least bring us a set of really good games vs leenock.

Love the hype around leenock but I still would want to see the T dominate

GL HF
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly - Bob Marley
sheepduck
Profile Joined February 2011
United States9 Posts
November 28 2011 13:58 GMT
#3657
haven't read too far back in this thread, but what do people think about MVP accidentally lowering all his depot's at the end of that last game? i think if it werent for that he would have possibly been able to stay in the game long enough to stabilize... especially when looking back at game 2 in that same sense.
kslghost
Profile Joined June 2011
246 Posts
November 28 2011 14:00 GMT
#3658
On November 28 2011 22:47 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:42 kslghost wrote:
On November 28 2011 22:33 LXenJin wrote:
It seems that since we have a damn good semi-final, our final is gonna be like always?


I think people underestimate Jjakji considerably. He has a very solid win rate (better than Leenock's) and a pretty average level of play against Zerg (not too much worse than Leenock's ZvT record). Obviously, Leenock will go in as the favorite considering Jjakji has won all of nothing and Leenock has at least some record of success recently.

But I seriously doubt this will be a 4-0 unless we see some particularly bad form play or some kind of epic collapse. Both these players will be quite nervous. Honestly, I see Leenock being considerably more nervous than in MLG, as expectations are higher and he has to play in front of his peers rather than a bunch of Americans he hardly understands. That said, Jjakji has no reason not to be just as nervous if not more.

7 games series can have some very interesting meta-game implications. I think what will give Jjakji supporters the best hope if he can figure out a way to solve some of Leenock's unbelievable 2 base defense to map control style.

I 100% agree with this, and I'd add that TvZ, when played by 2 high level players, can't be too one sided (unless everyone allins everygame). It's really a matchup that feels like a bw matchup.


The biggest concern I'd have for Jjakji is actually having an unfavorable map lineup in terms of order. I think Leenock plays certain maps particularly well. I think the GSL will have to look at their map pool for 2012 and consider a few changes. Some maps provide amazing games, others lend their way to too much cheese without metagame reasons behind them.

The more and more I watch SC2 (and I wasn't a BW observer), the more I realize how much maps play a role in the racial balance of the game. I think race balance is getting closer with a few primary areas of concern, generally having to do with times in the game (early/mid/late) and the way certain races deal with each other, as well as the somewhat stale nature of TvP.
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
November 28 2011 14:00 GMT
#3659
On November 28 2011 22:58 lessQQmorePEWPEW wrote:
I have to give credit to Jjakjji.. I remember seeing this guy play in the ESV cups and remembered him demolishing zergs with 11/11 like it was a joke.

This guys brings to the table intense preparation.. which can be seen from his builds. He will study leenocks style and at the very least bring us a set of really good games vs leenock.

Love the hype around leenock but I still would want to see the T dominate

GL HF

This is how i feel about Jjakji too. IMO Leenock is more than capable of holding it off, but Jjakji is gonna come with some great builds prepared and Leenock won't be able to get careless or he will pay dearly.

BEST GSL FINALS EVER IMO.

There i said it.

Sorry.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 14:02:00
November 28 2011 14:01 GMT
#3660
On November 28 2011 22:52 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:38 pdd wrote:
On November 28 2011 22:30 MCDayC wrote:
On November 28 2011 22:05 Telcontar wrote:
Why Leenock why? This is starting to feel like when Flash rose to cockblock JD. T_T

Just out of interest, what do you mean by this?

I didn't really follow the BW scene, but from what I've understood, Jaedong was the undisputed best player in the world around the time Flash suddenly became good and turned into [insert taboo b-word here]. Jaedong was on his way to becoming the next [taboo b-word] but Flash became it before him.

Thanks man. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. It seems to make sense. If MVP had won, it would be his third consecutive GSL final, and in my opinion an almost guaranteed win against Jjackji. Leenockuuuuu stopped that though.


The key point to note is that for a Bonjwa doesnt mean you win alot of titles. You have to absolutely dominate the seen and win everything in sight (in terms of major tournaments) consistently for an extend run like a year or 2 atleast*. You cant win 4 osl's in year 1 2 and 5 to get it. Which is kinda what happened to July and to an extent to Jaedong, or well Flash cut his streak.
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 192 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
The PondCast
20h 11m
INu's Battles
21h 11m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.