• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

[G] The Mass Oracle/Chargelot PvT - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Tharkun
Profile Joined December 2010
France43 Posts
February 09 2014 18:44 GMT
#21
I don't know why we never see this at pro level.
It must have some critical flaw that i can't see...
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 09 2014 19:06 GMT
#22
You never know how the game will evolve tbh, compare this (crazy old) PvZ guide:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=300535
with http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=441482

You can definitely see the similarities, but it took years (and a full expansion) for that style to become popular.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
February 10 2014 21:02 GMT
#23
Seems like a great idea.

I will try this a bit later today and update with my results
Why?
Tharkun
Profile Joined December 2010
France43 Posts
February 11 2014 13:21 GMT
#24
On February 11 2014 06:02 VTArlock wrote:
Seems like a great idea.

I will try this a bit later today and update with my results

Please do, I would love to see replays from other players
Extenz
Profile Joined October 2011
Italy822 Posts
February 11 2014 19:01 GMT
#25
tried this in high master (not exactly this build order, my own but with this composition) can win many times with a mid game push of chargelot archons and 5-6 oracles it's very good
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
February 12 2014 06:17 GMT
#26
On February 11 2014 22:21 Tharkun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 06:02 VTArlock wrote:
Seems like a great idea.

I will try this a bit later today and update with my results

Please do, I would love to see replays from other players


MY GOD I love this! Tried it 3 times on ladder, couple times vs some teammates. Nobody knows what to do against it without scouting it early.

I am in love.
Why?
weikor
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria580 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-12 08:59:24
February 12 2014 08:55 GMT
#27
Ive read some pretty silly ideas on Teamliquid, this definitely isnt one of them. I love how fast 4+ oracles can destroy addons, as well as survive with chargelot support.
The times i played around with it, i managed to easily stomp the agression, I did however not opt to attack and instead went for macro play . Using the remaining oracles to harass.
slstiles
Profile Joined May 2010
United States7 Posts
February 12 2014 19:22 GMT
#28
Trying this tonight when I get off work - I'm excited. lol
sc2bigfoot
Profile Joined February 2014
1 Post
Last Edited: 2014-02-13 02:01:22
February 13 2014 01:48 GMT
#29
I tried this build but I am having trouble against early widow mine into mech. The trouble is that I don't know when to attack when I'm getting harassed with WM drops. I can fend off the drops very well with the oracles though. Problem is, once I try to attack, they have a ton of hellbats that melt my zealots. Should I either attack early, around 9:30 and hope they don't have hellbats by then or should I transition into voidrays?

Basically, what do you do vs mech?

Edit: Actually it's pretty clear what you do in your replay vs widow mine drops. Have you ever run into problems vs mass hellbats, though?
Snake.69
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada140 Posts
February 13 2014 06:39 GMT
#30
On February 10 2014 03:44 Tharkun wrote:
I don't know why we never see this at pro level.
It must have some critical flaw that i can't see...


Its good if you can catch terran mid map or attacking you at its strongest timing. Game will snowball out of terran grasp quick.

But its bad if the terran just sits at turrets and waits for 150-160 supply, all your splash tech will be delayed and gg.

Too risky to do in a tournament since there is many pvt builds with strong timings and less weakness.
Tharkun
Profile Joined December 2010
France43 Posts
February 13 2014 09:17 GMT
#31
On February 13 2014 10:48 sc2bigfoot wrote:
I tried this build but I am having trouble against early widow mine into mech. The trouble is that I don't know when to attack when I'm getting harassed with WM drops. I can fend off the drops very well with the oracles though. Problem is, once I try to attack, they have a ton of hellbats that melt my zealots. Should I either attack early, around 9:30 and hope they don't have hellbats by then or should I transition into voidrays?

Basically, what do you do vs mech?

Edit: Actually it's pretty clear what you do in your replay vs widow mine drops. Have you ever run into problems vs mass hellbats, though?

Once the drop has been dealt with, it's important to go scout and see what he is doing, and it can be mostly 2 things :
- he goes standard MMM after his drop
- he goes full mech
You can see which one it is by the number of factories he has. More than 1 factory indicates mech play.
If you see only one factory, you can go as planned, but if he is going full mech, you need to abandon the plan, because meching players tend to turtle with bunkers, mines, hellbats, supply depot walls and turrets, all of which are very good vs what we have.
Use your existing oracles for harass and scouting but don't make any more of them.

Continue the game by following your usual anti-mech game plan. I like to throw down 2-3 robos, and expand aggressively while keeping him contained on 2 bases.
intense555
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States474 Posts
February 13 2014 22:22 GMT
#32
On February 08 2014 02:01 Fhiz wrote:
So the best response from terran is just widow mines and ghosts ?

Scout it then play defensive while massing bio mediva with good macro and you should be fine. Scouting is key to defending timings like this.
Aspiring Starcraft 2 pro for @mYinsanityEU, follow me on twitter @mYintenseSC
B-rye88
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada168 Posts
February 13 2014 22:44 GMT
#33
On February 14 2014 07:22 intense555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 02:01 Fhiz wrote:
So the best response from terran is just widow mines and ghosts ?

Scout it then play defensive while massing bio mediva with good macro and you should be fine. Scouting is key to defending timings like this.


*meh* I don't think bio medivac is a particularly optimal response given your opponent will have stargate tech and can easily transition into pheonix-templar or pheonix-colossus which shuts down drop play hard.

I'd rather attempt a 2 or 3 factory setup for widow mine / hellion before doing a bio transition. The initial T composition doesn't particularly need upgrades so you can go ahead and get double eng bay. You can also do really rude things to your opponents economy with hellion run-bys.

This will be an even stronger response if the proposed WM change goes through.
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
February 14 2014 01:31 GMT
#34
On February 14 2014 07:44 B-rye88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2014 07:22 intense555 wrote:
On February 08 2014 02:01 Fhiz wrote:
So the best response from terran is just widow mines and ghosts ?

Scout it then play defensive while massing bio mediva with good macro and you should be fine. Scouting is key to defending timings like this.


*meh* I don't think bio medivac is a particularly optimal response given your opponent will have stargate tech and can easily transition into pheonix-templar or pheonix-colossus which shuts down drop play hard.

I'd rather attempt a 2 or 3 factory setup for widow mine / hellion before doing a bio transition. The initial T composition doesn't particularly need upgrades so you can go ahead and get double eng bay. You can also do really rude things to your opponents economy with hellion run-bys.

This will be an even stronger response if the proposed WM change goes through.


This is an extreme (perhaps almost "silly") divergence from standard play. Intense is correct by saying to keep making units and play defensively. This is what you always need to do against a 2-base timing attack like this, whether it be blink stalkers, templar/chargelot, blink/colossus, or oracle/chargelot. The response is the same. Like the others, if Terran scouts and reacts properly, they should be able to hold against this attack and secure a good position going into the late game.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
Lazuras
Profile Joined November 2012
Sweden52 Posts
February 17 2014 19:56 GMT
#35
thought i would post an update

I started using this BO today, to great effect no less!
6 out of 7 games won, the game i lost was the first and we all know how it is when ur doing a new build, you get confused and cant keep up all of the time, also i flew in my oracles before my chargelots and they got obliterated without killing a single marine

the only defect in this build is that your very vulnerable to drops when you move out. but i was thinking maybe i would start leaving my MSC at home cause i find it not that usefull with my core army. (if you have done your oracle harrassment right and kept all 4-5 alive, you will have a massive army lead) i can also say that quickly getting a templar archives and +2 armour right after charge is not only viable but allows you to add 3 archons with your initial attack, thus ending the game outright in most cases (all of my games, this was the case

but does anyone have any tips for defending the drops? i think leaving MSC is the best option, maybe a cannon in each mineral line aswell?
Tharkun
Profile Joined December 2010
France43 Posts
February 17 2014 20:02 GMT
#36
If you hit your timing right and he is dropping you when you move out, then chances are most of his army is not at home.
Attack with your chargelots, and send your fast oracles back to defend the drops while buying time with the MSC.
Your attack should be successful at his natural because he won't have much to defend, and your oracles will easily dispatch the drop.
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
February 18 2014 05:23 GMT
#37
On February 18 2014 05:02 Tharkun wrote:
If you hit your timing right and he is dropping you when you move out, then chances are most of his army is not at home.
Attack with your chargelots, and send your fast oracles back to defend the drops while buying time with the MSC.
Your attack should be successful at his natural because he won't have much to defend, and your oracles will easily dispatch the drop.


I tried something similar today, but my opponent went for Mech and had a lot of Widow Mines.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
blkdynamite
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada1 Post
February 19 2014 20:11 GMT
#38
I have never tried this in a 1v1 ladder build because my main race is zerg but I absolutely love going for this composition when offracing in team games.

I'm also interested in seeing if this can become a viable PvZ strategy since blizzard is experimenting with various hydra buffs. If fast hydras become the meta for shutting down phoenix openings this would be a fun way to deal with it
n0ah
Profile Joined June 2011
United States250 Posts
February 19 2014 20:27 GMT
#39
This build is so fun! I'm only top gold currently, and it's worked more often than not for me. I don't stick to the build exactly because each game can have its variances, but when you get the right composition, it's so amazing to watch the terran army disappear like that. XD

Fun stuff! :D
If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together
FLiP491
Profile Joined November 2010
United States124 Posts
February 20 2014 04:48 GMT
#40
Hey reporting in. I tried it, didn't work. Back to regular oracle openings for me =)

I guess in my case I should have waited for +2 armor and 1 more round of warpins, and he baited some early gas with a fake move out, but it feels too all inny for me. I don't think there's a smooth transition from an equal fight.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 528
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever495
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5583
Liquid`Hasu1202
Other Games
summit1g7528
shahzam560
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS90
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
56m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 56m
Stellar Fest
13h 56m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.