• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8659 users

The HotS Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 277

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 367 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions. Do not just ask for build orders.
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 09:17:29
July 18 2014 09:16 GMT
#5521
--- Nuked ---
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
July 18 2014 09:37 GMT
#5522
What are you even looking for with a 10 scout that you aren't going to spot with a 13 scout?
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
July 18 2014 09:40 GMT
#5523
--- Nuked ---
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 14:03:09
July 19 2014 13:59 GMT
#5524
On July 18 2014 18:37 Teoita wrote:
What are you even looking for with a 10 scout that you aren't going to spot with a 13 scout?


what he said...everything but earlier...so if I see a cc first I'm not making the gateway, I'll be going nexus first...you can't do that with a 13 scout...another example would be gas first...when I see that I can get 2 fast gas and tech to stargate phoenix whereas if I 13 scout, I can't do that b/c it'll be too late (the scout and the 2nd gas)

there's more but just two common examples


edit: nvm just woke up and thought it was about 9 scout for some reason lol
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 14:49:16
July 19 2014 14:42 GMT
#5525
You can just do 9 pylon 13 gate 13 scout 15 gas but when u see they go CC first u dont mine gas at all and make nexus before core. Harass SCV building CC and force 2 more SCVs to be pulled. This is what most proleague players do afaik especially Rain and herO That way you will be even.

This can also be applied to PvZ if Zerg goes hatch first or any pool after 2:00
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
July 19 2014 20:31 GMT
#5526
On July 19 2014 23:42 Xinzoe wrote:
You can just do 9 pylon 13 gate 13 scout 15 gas but when u see they go CC first u dont mine gas at all and make nexus before core. Harass SCV building CC and force 2 more SCVs to be pulled. This is what most proleague players do afaik especially Rain and herO That way you will be even.

This can also be applied to PvZ if Zerg goes hatch first or any pool after 2:00


I'm aware of that but I prefer to go Nexus first against CC first
Banchan
Profile Joined May 2011
United States179 Posts
July 21 2014 18:24 GMT
#5527
Any tips on which maps to veto as protoss?

I haven't been keeping up since WoL so I'm a bit lost.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 18:26:58
July 21 2014 18:26 GMT
#5528
Merry Go Round, Foxtrot are pretty solid vetoes

I like Foxtrot though
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
July 21 2014 21:47 GMT
#5529
Godammit Terrans
I get my ass handed to me in PvT. Replay
Missread the Factory timing for a standard 2-4 medivac push, lost a bunch of probes and the MSC.
After that I did well for a while, until I got distracted and lost my Nat and the whole army in the process in one swift move.
Should I go to 24 probe saturation each base? I feel my army is too small when I do that.
When should I take the 3rd? When should I tech to HT? I can't go HT 1st now, unlike PvT in WoL Please help, my PvT is by far my worst matchup.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Mojito99
Profile Joined October 2013
Germany154 Posts
July 22 2014 11:40 GMT
#5530
On July 22 2014 06:47 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Godammit Terrans
I get my ass handed to me in PvT. Replay
Missread the Factory timing for a standard 2-4 medivac push, lost a bunch of probes and the MSC.
After that I did well for a while, until I got distracted and lost my Nat and the whole army in the process in one swift move.
Should I go to 24 probe saturation each base? I feel my army is too small when I do that.
When should I take the 3rd? When should I tech to HT? I can't go HT 1st now, unlike PvT in WoL Please help, my PvT is by far my worst matchup.



Perhaps some more recent Day 9 dailies can help you out.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
July 22 2014 12:50 GMT
#5531
On July 22 2014 06:47 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Godammit Terrans
I get my ass handed to me in PvT. Replay
Missread the Factory timing for a standard 2-4 medivac push, lost a bunch of probes and the MSC.
After that I did well for a while, until I got distracted and lost my Nat and the whole army in the process in one swift move.
Should I go to 24 probe saturation each base? I feel my army is too small when I do that.
When should I take the 3rd? When should I tech to HT? I can't go HT 1st now, unlike PvT in WoL Please help, my PvT is by far my worst matchup.


I'm on a bus headed to work so I can't speak to the replay.

I've been having success with an earlier third nexus timing. I tend to get mine right after I reach optimal saturation at the nat and main. If I need to cancel it I will. But if it finishes its easy to hold. If you don't scout a third cc them delay the third for some extra gates before taking the third with 2 Colo and 5 gates in order to hold heavy drop play.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 22 2014 23:24 GMT
#5532
The upcoming widow mine buff actually worries me. I guess we'll adapt but I'm really wondering why the +shields damage was kept : mines will now be so good at wiping chargelots front lines !
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
July 23 2014 00:47 GMT
#5533
On July 23 2014 08:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
The upcoming widow mine buff actually worries me. I guess we'll adapt but I'm really wondering why the +shields damage was kept : mines will now be so good at wiping chargelots front lines !


Same here, as a result i've vetoed all 4 player maps so I can 13 scout and determine if there is a widow mine drop in time.....
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 23 2014 01:28 GMT
#5534
Well I'm not too worried as far as WM drops are concerned. I'm just curious about how widow mines will now fit in a standard T army as chargelots wipers. Guess they'll end up being as good as hellbats in this role (that is to say not amazing for the infrastructure needed), but still, I can't wait to play some games to a T that adds WM to his composition and see if my chargelots disappear or if I can still win fights.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 23 2014 03:33 GMT
#5535
On July 22 2014 06:47 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Godammit Terrans
I get my ass handed to me in PvT. Replay
Missread the Factory timing for a standard 2-4 medivac push, lost a bunch of probes and the MSC.
After that I did well for a while, until I got distracted and lost my Nat and the whole army in the process in one swift move.
Should I go to 24 probe saturation each base? I feel my army is too small when I do that.
When should I take the 3rd? When should I tech to HT? I can't go HT 1st now, unlike PvT in WoL Please help, my PvT is by far my worst matchup.


That game was pretty much just decided in that battle at your natural, and you lost because your army control was poor. Your stalkers weren't targeting the vikings for the first half of the battle, a lot of your zealots got stuck and then funneled into the bio ball, and your colossus weren't shooting anything before dying to vikings. What you should do is this:

1) Use spells - throw up guardian shield, use a time warp or 2, and maybe forcefields. This part was ok for you, you did all of this.
2) Blink your stalkers and immediately begin targeting vikings. Shift clicking the vikings helps so you can worry about other things for the rest of the fight. The blink serves 2 purposes - 1, to position your stalkers better, and 2, to get your stalkers out of the way so they don't trap your zealots.
3) Control your colossus and zealots. Personally I like having colossus and zealots on separate hotkeys so I can control them beter. The main thing is to make sure the colossus are actually attacking, usually I just a-move the colossus and worry about the zealots but if possible you should also manually target the colossus on clumps of bio. Meanwhile, if the zealots get too far ahead so that the bio can kite them without being in range of the colossus, pull them back. This is probably the most important thing, and after targeting vikings with stalkers all your attention should be on this part.

As for your other questions, I usually take my 3rd after I see the terran starting to take his. Yours was very late in that game. There is no right or wrong time to tech to HT, it all depends on preference. Normally you tech to it after you get your 3rd so you have enough gas to continue producing colossus, but it's also possible to go HT off of 2 base by going colossus first (1 or 2, perhaps even without range) to defend against any timing and to trick the terran into making lots of vikings.
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
July 23 2014 06:57 GMT
#5536
On July 23 2014 12:33 rsvp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 06:47 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Godammit Terrans
I get my ass handed to me in PvT. Replay
Missread the Factory timing for a standard 2-4 medivac push, lost a bunch of probes and the MSC.
After that I did well for a while, until I got distracted and lost my Nat and the whole army in the process in one swift move.
Should I go to 24 probe saturation each base? I feel my army is too small when I do that.
When should I take the 3rd? When should I tech to HT? I can't go HT 1st now, unlike PvT in WoL Please help, my PvT is by far my worst matchup.


That game was pretty much just decided in that battle at your natural, and you lost because your army control was poor. Your stalkers weren't targeting the vikings for the first half of the battle, a lot of your zealots got stuck and then funneled into the bio ball, and your colossus weren't shooting anything before dying to vikings. What you should do is this:

1) Use spells - throw up guardian shield, use a time warp or 2, and maybe forcefields. This part was ok for you, you did all of this.
2) Blink your stalkers and immediately begin targeting vikings. Shift clicking the vikings helps so you can worry about other things for the rest of the fight. The blink serves 2 purposes - 1, to position your stalkers better, and 2, to get your stalkers out of the way so they don't trap your zealots.
3) Control your colossus and zealots. Personally I like having colossus and zealots on separate hotkeys so I can control them beter. The main thing is to make sure the colossus are actually attacking, usually I just a-move the colossus and worry about the zealots but if possible you should also manually target the colossus on clumps of bio. Meanwhile, if the zealots get too far ahead so that the bio can kite them without being in range of the colossus, pull them back. This is probably the most important thing, and after targeting vikings with stalkers all your attention should be on this part.

As for your other questions, I usually take my 3rd after I see the terran starting to take his. Yours was very late in that game. There is no right or wrong time to tech to HT, it all depends on preference. Normally you tech to it after you get your 3rd so you have enough gas to continue producing colossus, but it's also possible to go HT off of 2 base by going colossus first (1 or 2, perhaps even without range) to defend against any timing and to trick the terran into making lots of vikings.

Finally someone saw the game. Thank you very much for the answer! Specific in this game, when should I have taken the 3rd? At 10:00 or so?
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Mojito99
Profile Joined October 2013
Germany154 Posts
July 23 2014 12:04 GMT
#5537
On July 23 2014 08:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
The upcoming widow mine buff actually worries me. I guess we'll adapt but I'm really wondering why the +shields damage was kept : mines will now be so good at wiping chargelots front lines !



thats literally the point
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
July 23 2014 13:36 GMT
#5538
On July 23 2014 08:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
The upcoming widow mine buff actually worries me. I guess we'll adapt but I'm really wondering why the +shields damage was kept : mines will now be so good at wiping chargelots front lines !


The buff returns the mines to release mines as far as early pressures go. So better but not game ending.

If anything it means we won't be able to tech off of 2 stalkers.we will need to get more stalkers earlier delaying our Colo builds just a bit and we will need to scout before killing scvs with oracles if we stop at one (because of detection)
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-24 00:39:30
July 23 2014 23:32 GMT
#5539
On July 23 2014 21:04 Mojito99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2014 08:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
The upcoming widow mine buff actually worries me. I guess we'll adapt but I'm really wondering why the +shields damage was kept : mines will now be so good at wiping chargelots front lines !



thats literally the point


Ha ha of course, but the "so" in my quote implied "maybe too" . Time will tell !
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
July 24 2014 07:50 GMT
#5540
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 367 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech143
BRAT_OK 80
Railgan 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1636
Shuttle 682
Dewaltoss 125
Trap 27
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
420jenkins490
XaKoH 477
Counter-Strike
fl0m4114
Fnx 668
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4146
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
summit1g4210
Liquid`RaSZi2003
FrodaN1021
B2W.Neo425
ToD216
C9.Mang0166
TKL 95
UpATreeSC83
RotterdaM65
QueenE64
Mew2King32
PPMD15
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2466
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• Shiphtur1331
• imaqtpie845
• WagamamaTV307
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 12m
Patches Events
20h 12m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.