• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:36
CEST 12:36
KST 19:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9537 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 224

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 222 223 224 225 226 432 Next
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 16 2013 19:51 GMT
#4461
@ Thayneq,

Feng was talking about RRM where k is not a base cam. I don't know the answer to that question tho, Feng.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
fengshaun
Profile Joined April 2012
149 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-17 00:43:07
May 17 2013 00:42 GMT
#4462
Yea, I'm talking about RRM. Everything seems to be good with RRM except the whacky ability keys. I've thought about IKM as the three abilities and H and / for burrow/cloak and unburrow/decloak respectively. plus, except unburrow, you can easily shift-Q all the abilities that way.

Or even IK/ for three abilities, reserving / for un-queue-able(?) abilities, and having H and M for burrow/unburrow that can be queued. But I like the first option better.

Also, has anyone gotten over the massive finger stretch for build basic?
Bulgogi
Profile Joined March 2010
United States60 Posts
May 17 2013 16:34 GMT
#4463
Hi, I'm using ZRM US qwerty.

In the ZRM section of the excel sheet it says to create the layered control group as ctrl+shift+I.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtFSjIb2ibJTdFQ4LVlIcllUUWtGUVY4cWxyLXd6QUE#gid=35

That "should" bind the selected units to control group 2 correct? Then you would be able to recall that control group 2 with shift+P.

However, pushing ctrl+shift+I in Starcraft 2 does nothing. It does not bind anything to the control group. I go into the hotkey settings and notice instead of ctrl+shift+I for binding control group 2, it is instead ctrl+shift+K instead. Using K to instead of I, everything works normally as it should.

So in other words, what is written in the excel sheet for binding the layered group is different in how the hotkeys are set up within the game. Which way is the right way? Correct me if I made a mistake somewhere.
Borskey
Profile Joined February 2012
160 Posts
May 17 2013 17:13 GMT
#4464
K is the correct way.
Vanngar
Profile Joined May 2013
United States30 Posts
May 17 2013 23:41 GMT
#4465
Does anyone put medivacs on a different cg than marinemarauder?
You have to deselect medivacs (or manually select mm) if you want them to keep healing while you stutter step

Also I've ended up putting my main army on 9 instead of ; for whatever reason. I find that it's the more comfortable key, but I'm wondering if there's any deeper reason for ;
I'd probably much prefer tanks on ;
Dark Seraph
Profile Joined July 2011
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 02:29:22
May 18 2013 02:27 GMT
#4466
On May 18 2013 08:41 Vanngar wrote:
Does anyone put medivacs on a different cg than marinemarauder?
You have to deselect medivacs (or manually select mm) if you want them to keep healing while you stutter step

Also I've ended up putting my main army on 9 instead of ; for whatever reason. I find that it's the more comfortable key, but I'm wondering if there's any deeper reason for ;
I'd probably much prefer tanks on ;


Rather than have the medivacs on a seperate key, I just have a key for main army (; ), tanks/mines (9), marines+marauders (0), ghosts(-), vikings/ravens([), secondary + tertiary armies/harass (L and =).

So I just use my marine+marauder key to stim since I have ghosts also on my main army key and also to stutter step them without interfering with medivac heals. When I move across the map I just ctrl+click my medivacs then press J and click on a marine to make them follow it without loading it.
Tzuborg
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway171 Posts
May 18 2013 09:53 GMT
#4467
The hotkeys are really starting to feel comfortable now. I'm playing better than ever. Just got promoted to diamond for the very first time.

But it's hard to follow everything that's happening in this thread, so I'm wondering, has there been any significant changes the past couple of months that I should know about?
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
May 18 2013 13:05 GMT
#4468
On May 18 2013 18:53 Tzuborg wrote:
The hotkeys are really starting to feel comfortable now. I'm playing better than ever. Just got promoted to diamond for the very first time.

But it's hard to follow everything that's happening in this thread, so I'm wondering, has there been any significant changes the past couple of months that I should know about?


What version are you on? I would call 0.6.3 -> 0.7 a significant change.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
Tzuborg
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway171 Posts
May 18 2013 13:31 GMT
#4469
On May 18 2013 22:05 Smackzilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2013 18:53 Tzuborg wrote:
The hotkeys are really starting to feel comfortable now. I'm playing better than ever. Just got promoted to diamond for the very first time.

But it's hard to follow everything that's happening in this thread, so I'm wondering, has there been any significant changes the past couple of months that I should know about?


What version are you on? I would call 0.6.3 -> 0.7 a significant change.


I'm not sure. I use my own modified version, so I've renamed it etc, but I believe it was 0.6.3 that I based it on.

What were the changes in 0.7?
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 18 2013 15:28 GMT
#4470
A lot. I would say it is significantly different. You can check out the document in the OP.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
mohanico
Profile Joined May 2013
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 19:51:27
May 18 2013 19:49 GMT
#4471
Hi,
I'm a new user of The Core and I love it!

I was just wondering, why are the free cams recalled with control and not shift? All of the other cameras are recalled by shift. Is there a conflict I haven't thought of?

Thanks!
XanthusSC2
Profile Joined April 2013
South Africa5 Posts
May 18 2013 20:31 GMT
#4472
Hi All, I am looking for the older version of TheCore, version TRS 0.62 my crashed and lost everything would appreciate any help anyone can give.
errr.....
Borskey
Profile Joined February 2012
160 Posts
May 18 2013 20:37 GMT
#4473
On May 19 2013 04:49 mohanico wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user of The Core and I love it!

I was just wondering, why are the free cams recalled with control and not shift? All of the other cameras are recalled by shift. Is there a conflict I haven't thought of?

Thanks!


It would conflict with shift-queuing abilities and/or attack move.
XanthusSC2
Profile Joined April 2013
South Africa5 Posts
May 18 2013 21:03 GMT
#4474
Hi All, found access to it through one of the older posts:

<<https://github.com/jonnyhweiss/TheCoreConverter/tree/cb0f23c83ff0ef67d938d5264f3a84639afeaa15>>

also, JakaTak and all involved, TheCore is an awesome setup.
errr.....
XanthusSC2
Profile Joined April 2013
South Africa5 Posts
May 18 2013 22:09 GMT
#4475
Hi All,

So I have used the file in the link attached, but for some reason SC2 picks up the hotkey profile, but the file doesn't assign the correct hotkeys....

Has anyone encountered these problems?
errr.....
Borskey
Profile Joined February 2012
160 Posts
May 18 2013 22:54 GMT
#4476
I've had problems with that before.

What I did was close SC2, redownload the file- but rather than replacing the previous file I changed the name. Then re-opened SC2, and changed my hotkeys to the new file.

That might help you.
XanthusSC2
Profile Joined April 2013
South Africa5 Posts
May 18 2013 23:11 GMT
#4477
Thanks Borskey,

Will report back to you once working.

errr.....
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
May 18 2013 23:14 GMT
#4478
Also make sure you use the Raw download link on GitHub, others have been downloading files incorrectly in the past
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 23:18:20
May 18 2013 23:18 GMT
#4479
What happens if I change Shift+CG to Add to CG, Ctrl+Camera to Recall Camera, and keep Ctrl+Shift as Create CG? Are there any conflicts with that?
Tib
Profile Joined June 2012
France13 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 23:49:30
May 18 2013 23:37 GMT
#4480
Help me guys, im using a french azerty keyboard, is it usefull to try The Core ? Or it's just for US keybaord? I saw that there is hotkeys for french keyboard, but it is cool? Someone tried it? Because im top master in EU ladder and im playing with Grid, it is not the best for use control, adn rly hard to use ctrl shift and tab often. And how i'm suppose to use control group? which one for amy, for comand center, for ghost, viking, drop , racks etc ...
Prev 1 222 223 224 225 226 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10687
StarCastTV_EN310
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko33
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11305
Bisu 3090
Jaedong 2784
EffOrt 1050
Horang2 375
ZerO 340
Larva 260
Zeus 230
Pusan 229
actioN 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 127
Hyun 124
Barracks 85
ggaemo 75
Yoon 48
Bale 45
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 39
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 25
Sacsri 23
Shinee 23
Hm[arnc] 22
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto79
League of Legends
JimRising 349
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1702
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes213
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV301
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 24m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.