• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8503 users

keep pumping workers! 34k games => 4 charts - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
TheV
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil107 Posts
March 12 2012 13:23 GMT
#41
This is just amazing, I am using it already to improve my macro and keep track of it, thank you very much.
Storm is coming that cannot be avoided.
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 14:21:25
March 12 2012 14:21 GMT
#42
polybios, the article "Do you macro like a pro?" measures actual workers per minute, and says

In the first 28 minutes of the game, Grandmaster players produce an average of 3.7 workers per minute


The ggtracker site measures "worker waves" per minute, using a 3-second antispam filter, and uses the whole game, not just the first 28 minutes.

TheV, glad you like it!
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
March 12 2012 14:28 GMT
#43
This seems like a pretty bad measure for zergs since the consistency isn't there, even if it lacked the 3 second rule. "Time to get to X drones" seems like a better measurement, but even then it's hard to use since it can be so dynamic depending on opponent, there are many situations where it's downright stupid to drone too fast.
RudePlague
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Great Britain113 Posts
March 12 2012 15:00 GMT
#44
This is a useful/interesting site for a lot of people.

For me it's showed the same thing that the SQ statistic showed, I have macro which is well above the average for my league but I am lacking in other areas which holds me back. I've been in Plat for about a year now (in Diamond briefly) while my SQ was in the masters/GM range and using this my worker production graph is above the average Master line a lot of the time, and well above the Diamond line.

This confirms to me the same thing that I have felt for a long time, the game is far more complicated at a lower level than people give it credit for (especially on TL). The old maxim "if you build workers and build stuff you get masters ez" is simply not true.

I hope that this site can develop more and add more useful features. I'd like more choice on the graphs that are displayed, like the option to tweak which leagues it compares my graphs two, and also multiple players, e.g. choosing opponents/pros to compare our scores to.

TheV
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil107 Posts
March 12 2012 15:07 GMT
#45
On March 13 2012 00:00 RudePlague wrote:
This is a useful/interesting site for a lot of people.

For me it's showed the same thing that the SQ statistic showed, I have macro which is well above the average for my league but I am lacking in other areas which holds me back. I've been in Plat for about a year now (in Diamond briefly) while my SQ was in the masters/GM range and using this my worker production graph is above the average Master line a lot of the time, and well above the Diamond line.

This confirms to me the same thing that I have felt for a long time, the game is far more complicated at a lower level than people give it credit for (especially on TL). The old maxim "if you build workers and build stuff you get masters ez" is simply not true.

I hope that this site can develop more and add more useful features. I'd like more choice on the graphs that are displayed, like the option to tweak which leagues it compares my graphs two, and also multiple players, e.g. choosing opponents/pros to compare our scores to.



I agree, a tool to compare two players would be awesome, I am comparing myself vs Idra and clearly I have to make way more drones, his average on the reps is 2.3 and mine is 1.7 lol
Storm is coming that cannot be avoided.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
March 12 2012 15:07 GMT
#46
On March 13 2012 00:00 RudePlague wrote:
This is a useful/interesting site for a lot of people.

For me it's showed the same thing that the SQ statistic showed, I have macro which is well above the average for my league but I am lacking in other areas which holds me back. I've been in Plat for about a year now (in Diamond briefly) while my SQ was in the masters/GM range and using this my worker production graph is above the average Master line a lot of the time, and well above the Diamond line.

This confirms to me the same thing that I have felt for a long time, the game is far more complicated at a lower level than people give it credit for (especially on TL). The old maxim "if you build workers and build stuff you get masters ez" is simply not true.

I hope that this site can develop more and add more useful features. I'd like more choice on the graphs that are displayed, like the option to tweak which leagues it compares my graphs two, and also multiple players, e.g. choosing opponents/pros to compare our scores to.


If you're truly on a masters level in both SQ and this worker production statistic, you should definitely write a post with replays asking for direction. Being way above your league in these statistics means that you always have way more stuff that your opponents, so there must be something fundamentally wrong in your play, which people can help you notice and correct.
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
March 12 2012 15:50 GMT
#47
RudePlague, great ideas, thank you! This project is definitely just beginning...
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
Macpo
Profile Joined September 2010
453 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 16:42:59
March 12 2012 16:26 GMT
#48
i have tried it, and it's actually very nice

two remarks to improve it maybe:

- is it complicated to give a tool to upload massively? (like I have 4000 replays, but couldn't upload them). I guess that would be huge, as it would give much more accurate statistics for everyone. But maybe it's hard to do

- more easily, maybe, when you break down the figures by league, I think you should mention not frequencies (like 7 % of masters have wpm at 1.7) but added frequencies (like 47% of masters have wpm at 1.7 or below). That would make more sense i feel, in the sense that you would be able to compare yourself to your league (like "more than 2/3rd of the players in my league have higher wpm than i do").

thanks anyway! I know I need to improve my macro now:D

EDIT: I also have a question, as a zerg player: How far from reality your proxy estimation of wpm is ? Cause I feel if the system actually only counts 1 drone per drone wave, it is quite problematic! especially after you made your first queen, you never really make drones 1 by 1.
"Courage consists, however, in agreeing to flee rather than live tranquilly and hypocritically in false refuges." G. Deleuze
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
March 12 2012 18:33 GMT
#49
Macpo, thanks for the compliments!

Good news! ggtracker already permits multiple replay upload. You can simply select multiple files when uploading, or you can drag-and-drop files onto the upload button.

Great idea about the by-league breakdown. We'll do that for the next version.

Regarding your last question, the current stat really measures drone waves per minute, and will be off by how many drones you make per drone wave. So if you typically make 2 drones per drone wave, then the ggtracker wpm stat will be 1/2 of your drone production. It's more accurate to think of it as measuring drone waves per minute. It's interesting to note that higher-league players do have more drone waves per minute. Will increasing your # of drone-waves improve your game? What do you all think?

Speaking of zerg, here are some stats that answer the question in another way, and address the question of those who wonder if worker-waves per minute are really related to win-loss. Looking at all the games in ggtracker, we can measure the worker-waves-per-minute (wwpm) for the winners separately from the losers. We exclude games < 5 minutes here.
  • protoss: losers 1.84, winners 1.87
  • terran: losers 1.74, winners 1.84
  • zerg: losers 1.51, winners 1.50

I believe in the power of data! So until I or someone can dig up data that shows otherwise, I'll side with those who say that wwpm is not a relevant stat for zergs to focus on.

On the other hand, the wwpm difference for terran is pretty large. Digging into individual player stats, there's a ggtracker player with 387 terran games > 5 minutes, and their wwpm is 1.30 for their losses and 1.36 for their wins, with an average game duration of 22:10 and 21:56, respectively. Would individual player win/loss stats like that be relevant to helping us decide whether wwpm has an influence on winning and losing? Proving causation is hard to do without double-blind experiments, but we can gather lots of suggestive correlations...
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
Hertzy
Profile Joined September 2011
Finland355 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 19:37:00
March 12 2012 19:34 GMT
#50
I wonder, is there a connection between the two-hum distribution of SQ for bronze and the less pronounced two-hump distribution of wpm for bronze?

Also, I like the graphs, but I would be interested in seeing the cumulative distributions for each league. (Okay, so I just want to say my WPM is better than 95% of bronze league)

Edit; ninja'd by macpo.... I wonder how I found a page that old anyway.
My dotabuff: http://dotabuff.com/players/94774350
neo_rtr
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden70 Posts
March 13 2012 19:53 GMT
#51
89 matches played, 45 matches won (50.6%)
workers per minute trend 2.6 average, 2.9 recently
actions per minute trend 84 average, 85 recently
ZpuX
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Sweden1230 Posts
March 13 2012 20:13 GMT
#52
I love statistics as well, but one little concern, isn't your WPM higher lets say the first 12-15 min of the game? Since you try to max your worker count in the early stages. I would think that's where the big difference is between the two demographics.

Looking at the whole game length probably skews the results a bit, but would work in the favor of players not in master/gm. But then again, a master/gm is probably better at replacing lost workers during the course of the game which would then skew the graphs in their favor...

If this is the case, it would be nice to maybe look at the games in two parts, first 15 min, and then the rest of the game and maybe find some correlation to adjust the graphs.

just my 2 cents! Nice work!
Really, play for fun!
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
SpeCial 122
Nathanias 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 484
MaD[AoV]28
910 24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
fl0m4487
Fnx 598
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox531
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4019
Other Games
summit1g7592
FrodaN606
C9.Mang0260
Trikslyr27
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21318
Other Games
• Shiphtur748
• imaqtpie733
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 32m
Patches Events
17h 32m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.