• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:21
CEST 21:21
KST 04:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9958 users

[H] How to beat this T build, PvT GM league - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
September 14 2011 18:21 GMT
#81
You're not going to lose all of your probes if they don't have siege... not even close. You usually retain a pretty decent amount of them as the terran usually does not just a-move all of his units.
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
TiTanIum_
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil1335 Posts
September 14 2011 18:44 GMT
#82
When I play terran I lose to Thor rushes even if I´m going BFH (which kill the SCVs repairing the Thor) and tanks, banshees, vikings. Probably the best way as protoss to deal with it is to go 1 gate robo expand + 3 gates. Build a obs right away, scout to see armory, and pump immortals and zealots like no tomorrow. Use the Immortals to focus fire the Thor (you should have 3 or 4 by then), which should kill the Thor quickly enough. for your zealots to kill their marines.
kwan84
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada68 Posts
September 16 2011 00:11 GMT
#83
Ive only tried this once against a platinum buddy... and it handled him pretty good he went hatch first... then to roachs.

It didnt rape him, but it was a pretty decisive win, my MMR right now is kinda sketchy, and IM chicken shit to try it on ladder against zerg.... also IM curious to know how well this would do as an opener against terran? anyone have some thoughts? back in the day,, the old school thor rush was pretty effective all the way up until diamond until the SCV repair patch months ago.

but now with the extra tank... I think this may have some more potancy now, as before people were just making that one scouting hellion during the factory downtime while the armoury finsihes?

I think i may test it out today on the ladder ( low masters, but still play a fair share of diamonds. my mmr has been shit lately.
the p00n
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands615 Posts
September 16 2011 01:15 GMT
#84
I have a 100% winrate with this on ladder against Protoss so far. Here is a small replay pack I composed (I have more replays, but they are kind of the same, so I've picked a diverse amount of strategies).

All the replays are from ladder:

1x vs. 3gate stargate into DTs on shakuras, opponent is GM league
1x vs. some robo opening on xel naga caverns, opponent is GM league
1x vs. some other robo opening on nerazim crypt, opponent high master
1x vs 4gate, opponent is high master

[url blocked]
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 03:55:38
September 16 2011 03:53 GMT
#85
I have also had a 100% winrate since I jacked this strategy (when I setup a contain at the natural and don't push recklessly up the ramp). Sometimes if I get too reckless, I push up the ramp stupidly and lose, but when I play it cool I have won every game. I'm playing at about 800masters (now 900). 1base dts obviously is the hardcounter, but even then I feel like if you ran your scvs, had a scan saved up to save your units and just put a raven out ASAP you might be able to hold. I have had the most trouble with 1gate robo openings where they just power immortals, but even that wasn't able to break my contain.
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 04:07:04
September 16 2011 04:03 GMT
#86
On September 16 2011 10:15 the p00n wrote:
I have a 100% winrate with this on ladder against Protoss so far. Here is a small replay pack I composed (I have more replays, but they are kind of the same, so I've picked a diverse amount of strategies).

All the replays are from ladder:

1x vs. 3gate stargate into DTs on shakuras, opponent is GM league
1x vs. some robo opening on xel naga caverns, opponent is GM league
1x vs. some other robo opening on nerazim crypt, opponent high master
1x vs 4gate, opponent is high master

[url blocked]


Thanks for the replays. You should put a link to the replays in the OP too.

After watching them, I'm convinced this build is for real. It packs plenty of Marines, a Tank and a Thor in and hits much earlier than a normal 1-1-1 (and pretty much as fast as a Thor push can hit). In the Game on Nerazim Crypt your opponent was able to get Two Immortals out, but supply capped himself when you reached his base. Still the Marine count was sky high, and I don't think even if he hadn't supply capped himself it would have mattered.

This is a really nice timing. I am curious to see what Alej thinks of the replays.

Or better, we need somes games between you two.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
September 16 2011 04:27 GMT
#87
If anyone wants to try this build on me right now, I'm interested in seeing if it requires a different reaction than the standard one against 1-1-1. Send me a message @ coLrsvp.138
aznkukuboi
Profile Joined December 2010
120 Posts
September 16 2011 15:18 GMT
#88
I saw a terran wall off and I thought he was doing the 1-1-1. My counter to it is a fast void ray, so I got a quick void ray. He came out with a LOT of scv's, thors, and marines and wiped me fast cuz he caught me off gaurd.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 16 2011 15:52 GMT
#89
On September 16 2011 13:27 Anihc wrote:
If anyone wants to try this build on me right now, I'm interested in seeing if it requires a different reaction than the standard one against 1-1-1. Send me a message @ coLrsvp.138


Please report your results!
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
September 18 2011 01:04 GMT
#90
On September 16 2011 13:27 Anihc wrote:
If anyone wants to try this build on me right now, I'm interested in seeing if it requires a different reaction than the standard one against 1-1-1. Send me a message @ coLrsvp.138


Would like to know results too.


I have had "some" success doing 1g robo expand gate. I take 1 probe off each gas and focus all my CB on immortal production after realizing that immortals do about the same dps to marines as 2 stalkers (cost the same too!) but is a lot more tanky.
kwan84
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada68 Posts
September 18 2011 02:00 GMT
#91
anyone try this against any other races? im curious to see how it stacks up
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O44
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 256
BRAT_OK 94
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 900
Shuttle 571
Zeus 94
ZZZero.O 48
soO 45
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 25
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva2151
canceldota28
Counter-Strike
fl0m4862
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3742
Liquid`Hasu624
Other Games
FrodaN867
KnowMe402
420jenkins331
Livibee172
Pyrionflax161
ToD108
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick723
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 80
• 3DClanTV 52
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• 80smullet 19
• blackmanpl 2
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2385
Other Games
• imaqtpie774
• Shiphtur610
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 39m
Patches Events
19h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 39m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.