• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:00
CEST 05:00
KST 12:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9754 users

Histers PvT Immortal style. - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
dangerjoe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark1866 Posts
September 11 2011 10:50 GMT
#21
On September 11 2011 19:45 Xequecal wrote:
Unfortunately, delaying your stalker as long as you do means a single reaper will just kill you.


How is that stalker late? seems pretty standard to me..
Ask Beavis, I get nothing Butt-head
Roynalf
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland886 Posts
September 11 2011 10:55 GMT
#22
misread title as Hipsters PvT Immortal style
(V) (;,,;) (V) Woopwoopwoopwoop
stilez
Profile Joined November 2010
Mexico130 Posts
September 11 2011 10:58 GMT
#23
On September 11 2011 19:45 Xequecal wrote:
Unfortunately, delaying your stalker as long as you do means a single reaper will just kill you.


No it wont. Watch the replays before posting stupid comments.
Draq
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland14 Posts
September 11 2011 11:15 GMT
#24
It looks nice, I'll try this on ladder. This replay with picnic allin looks funny "go home son" ^^
Maxie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
September 11 2011 11:38 GMT
#25
Gah, this looks really hard to defend against... Immortals against your marauders and bunkers, +1 armor zealots + a lot of guardian shield against your marines :S Do you have any replays where the Terran player manages to defend?
PooLarX
Profile Joined February 2010
United States38 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 11:41:30
September 11 2011 11:40 GMT
#26
@Maxie

Even if he did why would he want to share it with terran players :-D kekeke


Also, I have used this against every terran matchup I have had in the last 8 games I am undefeated, I have only had to transition into middle/lategame twice and than I kind of just played on my own after that.

I am only a gold player, so I wouldn't be the best to judge this but it seems to have totally caught the terran players I played against off guard, and the ones that tried to 1/1/1 well... LOL


EDIT : Do you think this is viable against zergies?
.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
September 11 2011 13:03 GMT
#27
--- Nuked ---
Roynalf
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland886 Posts
September 11 2011 13:23 GMT
#28
I think this would be nice against zerg aswell, with +1 attack instead of armor and more zealot heavier comp with some sentries and immortals would rip a part spine crawlers, zerglings and roaches
(V) (;,,;) (V) Woopwoopwoopwoop
LtLolburger
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand365 Posts
September 11 2011 13:30 GMT
#29
No it won't work against zerg as mass speedling will crush it. You have a limited number of forcefields, a good zerg will make you use them up quickly as you advance, and immortals way overkill lings so you don't do damage fast enough.

But this build looks huuuuuuuuge against T. In fact, the only thing I could see stopping it is 2 port banshee.
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane. -Philip K. Dick
Nibbler89
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 01:47:54
September 11 2011 13:40 GMT
#30
-.- Don't understand how people can hate 1-1-1 so much then turn around and use this which is basically an even more retard friendly build that just encourages 1 base all in play similar to how 1-1-1 does seems hypocritical to me.

As for counters I suppose terrans will just not take their nat if they decide to get an early cc and go ghost or maybe 2 port banshee.
Hister
Profile Joined June 2010
United States89 Posts
September 11 2011 13:45 GMT
#31
On September 11 2011 07:04 RobCorso wrote:
What do you do if he reactors his rax and pumps marines+ banshees?
Great build order, can't wait to try it.


The terran needs siege tanks with guardian shield and +1 armor stalkers have 4 hp armor makes them very effective vs the banshees. As stated you will have to be in the middle of the map fighting him especially if he has a raven need to force pdd and run.
Hister
Profile Joined June 2010
United States89 Posts
September 11 2011 13:48 GMT
#32
On September 11 2011 16:32 ChaoxTech wrote:
Oh man Hister, was this the build you were speaking of? T_T Time to change up my style AGAIN.


Common you know I use a new build every week
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
September 11 2011 13:48 GMT
#33
interesting. I remember dying to this 2 patches ago in taiwan...
Raged so hard, watched replay - "the fuck is 5 gate forge robo"
quit sc2 for a day -_-

now i see lol
Stop procrastinating
Hister
Profile Joined June 2010
United States89 Posts
September 11 2011 13:52 GMT
#34
On September 11 2011 17:48 Elden wrote:
Why do we drop 2 cannons around our mineral line? is this to stop banshee harass? Wouldn't it be more useful to drop them near the other cannon or even in the middle of the base next to the gateways and robo?

P.s. Totally tried this build just a little while ago vrs a fe terran. Wrecked him. Thanks ^ ^


V S 1-1-1 if the terran goes heavy banshee with a raven and gains position under your ramp with a few siege tanks its very hard to hold you need to meet him 1/2 way to force pdd. Also terrans tend to drop all kinds of stuff and 1 banshee can GG a game don't forget that as well.
Hister
Profile Joined June 2010
United States89 Posts
September 11 2011 13:55 GMT
#35
On September 11 2011 19:45 Xequecal wrote:
Unfortunately, delaying your stalker as long as you do means a single reaper will just kill you.


Stalkers out fast enough to deal with even proxy reaper.
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
September 11 2011 14:05 GMT
#36
so essentially a fast ghost will be able to deal with this then? not very common tho
Imma show this to my toss friend. He refuses to believe that immortal balls are fucking strong against t bio early on and that toss allins are weak.
Stop procrastinating
LateRush
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland30 Posts
September 11 2011 14:07 GMT
#37
I'd be really happy, like my tummy if you'd include A warp prism in the push - not only you can do hot pickups, but also you can so some crazy warp in shenanigans, block pathing and be even more ahead! :D
Roynalf
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland886 Posts
September 11 2011 14:28 GMT
#38
On September 11 2011 22:40 Nibbler89 wrote:
-.- Don't understand how people can hate 1-1-1 so much then turn around and use this which is basically an even more retard friendly build that just encourages 1 base all in play similar to how 1-1-1 does seems hypocritical to me. I don't doubt that a diamond protoss that learns this build will be able to beat GM terrans that decide to take their natural, especially after the patch.

As for counters I suppose terrans will just not take their nat if they decide to get an early cc and go ghost or maybe 2 port banshee.


ppl play to win.

dont hate the player, hate the game
(V) (;,,;) (V) Woopwoopwoopwoop
Qaz
Profile Joined August 2010
84 Posts
September 11 2011 14:28 GMT
#39
Bookmarked. This build looks awesome! I'll be trying it out.
PooLarX
Profile Joined February 2010
United States38 Posts
September 11 2011 14:59 GMT
#40
@padfoota

I don't know if this particular build is going to catch on so crazily that any terran would go for ghost that early, I mean it seems kind of illogical for any type of standard play but I suppose it is possible considering the meta game keeps changing in this game for all the races.


@Nibbler89

You cannot fault people for trying to win ladder games, sure personally I hate the fact that a lot of people pick up on these gimmicky builds and than just exploit the shit out of them but that is just the nature of this game and the community, I am in gold and I don't know about other people in gold but I certanily am not sitting down and trying to be innovative and creating my own builds, i just watch pros and upper masters/gm players and mirror what I see and put my own spin on it when I see fit while I try to master my mechanics and different parts of the game.

This is just the evolution of the game though, 1-1-1 seemed OP and IMBA to some people I am assuming and for a lot it was certainly a loss until someone like Hipster sheds some light on the situation now the tables are reversed and its time for Terran to adapt.


I guess maybe I am kind of numb to this "feeling" of 1 base all ins because I play Protoss and my gold ladder is littered with them so 3 out of the 5 hours I am playing a day I am just stuck 4 gating and defending one etc..

Honestly it is probably the one thing I absolutely despise about this game how the community is like brain washed and so stubborn that they just keep bear clawing each other with the same tactics until someone higher up finds a innovative way to change the tide of battle.

I am rambling but anyways this build is solid as of now against Terran I am offically 13-0.

On my GOLD LADDER LOL
.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1116
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 259
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King316
hungrybox129
Other Games
summit1g9486
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 191
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo636
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h
Monday Night Weeklies
13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.