• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8518 users

Histers PvT Immortal style. - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 All
xCenasfu
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland143 Posts
November 03 2011 22:08 GMT
#301
On November 04 2011 07:02 riverkim09 wrote:
I feel like this is one of those builds that are strong at first but become uselss as time goes on and ppl adapt. Like 11/11



11/11 wins a lot of games even in GSL.. its nowhere close to being useless..
riverkim09
Profile Joined November 2010
United States291 Posts
November 03 2011 22:10 GMT
#302
On November 04 2011 07:08 xCenasfu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 07:02 riverkim09 wrote:
I feel like this is one of those builds that are strong at first but become uselss as time goes on and ppl adapt. Like 11/11



11/11 wins a lot of games even in GSL.. its nowhere close to being useless..


I don't know about the 11/11 anymore. I think that other 2rax builds, like 12/14 is still viable but 11/11 just requires that the terran do too much damage to even begin to justify going 11/11
Hister
Profile Joined June 2010
United States89 Posts
November 03 2011 22:17 GMT
#303
On November 04 2011 07:00 Crazypyro1 wrote:
Just lost to a protoss doing a similar build on me and I'm zerg. I scouted it and didn't even know what to do because forcefields would stop the banelings, zealots wreck the zerglings, and immortals kill spines/roaches.

Didn't want to make a new thread unless I needed to, just wondering if any other zergs have faced this.

Heres a replay: http://replayfu.com/r/Gmqkhc


http://replayfu.com/r/MnntCh ya it works well I do it often as a timing push
riverkim09
Profile Joined November 2010
United States291 Posts
November 03 2011 22:18 GMT
#304
On November 04 2011 07:17 Hister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 07:00 Crazypyro1 wrote:
Just lost to a protoss doing a similar build on me and I'm zerg. I scouted it and didn't even know what to do because forcefields would stop the banelings, zealots wreck the zerglings, and immortals kill spines/roaches.

Didn't want to make a new thread unless I needed to, just wondering if any other zergs have faced this.

Heres a replay: http://replayfu.com/r/Gmqkhc


http://replayfu.com/r/MnntCh ya it works well I do it often as a timing push


Wouldn't mutas wreck this?
Crazypyro1
Profile Joined May 2010
United States446 Posts
November 03 2011 23:26 GMT
#305
On November 04 2011 07:18 riverkim09 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 07:17 Hister wrote:
On November 04 2011 07:00 Crazypyro1 wrote:
Just lost to a protoss doing a similar build on me and I'm zerg. I scouted it and didn't even know what to do because forcefields would stop the banelings, zealots wreck the zerglings, and immortals kill spines/roaches.

Didn't want to make a new thread unless I needed to, just wondering if any other zergs have faced this.

Heres a replay: http://replayfu.com/r/Gmqkhc


http://replayfu.com/r/MnntCh ya it works well I do it often as a timing push


Wouldn't mutas wreck this?


You would have to completely rush mutas which isn't exactly safe against a 1 base protoss, considering if you scouted it too early, I feel like they could easily transition into just a strong gateway push which wrecks muta rushes.
riverkim09
Profile Joined November 2010
United States291 Posts
November 03 2011 23:27 GMT
#306
but if you scout that, and its easy to do so, you should rush to mutas and defend with lings
Crazypyro1
Profile Joined May 2010
United States446 Posts
November 03 2011 23:29 GMT
#307
On November 04 2011 08:27 riverkim09 wrote:
but if you scout that, and its easy to do so, you should rush to mutas and defend with lings


The point is the mutas come too little, too late. At least in my opinion. Its worth a shot though. Also what if they deny scouting better than the toss did in that replay? Its not exactly easy to scout before lair.
riverkim09
Profile Joined November 2010
United States291 Posts
November 03 2011 23:31 GMT
#308
no expansion is kinda of a big clue though. If you scout no expansion and its too late for a 4 gate, they don't have much choices to all in
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
December 22 2011 08:13 GMT
#309

I've recently lost to this tactic a few times as well and am currently a bit boggled as to how a Zerg stops it. I had a roach army and about 5 spines that just melted to this push - even though I knew it was coming. It's very strong.

Been dabbling with the idea of ling flanks but you have to be on the ball with that because good FFs and your flank is useless. I don't think muta are a good bet because you just won't have enough, and if they decide to just spam stalkers (like a weak 4-gate) after they see muta, you're hurting badly.

It's a strong build. Definitely going to require some thought to deal with.

TORTOISE
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
December 31 2011 15:11 GMT
#310
Ah, I don't know why I forgot about this build. It got me where I am today, a successful mid gold rank. Time to bust it out and climb to the top!
◕ ‿‿ ◕ ๑•́ ₃ •̀๑ ( ͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡°)
AfricanPsycho
Profile Joined December 2011
South Africa158 Posts
January 23 2012 12:39 GMT
#311
These replays aren't working anymore. They download, but will not start up, could you possible upload some updated replays, this seems like a really interesting build and I would love to see it in action.
gg no re
TheGodneyDog
Profile Joined January 2012
United States99 Posts
February 08 2012 19:13 GMT
#312
The replays worked fine for me. Just used this and busted a plat Terran. What I like is that most terrans tend to produce quite a few maraders early on in case of stalkers and this just goes against their convention.
iMpulse eSports Media Manager (www.impulseesports.com) Twitter: iMp_eSports Facebook: www.facebook.com/impulseesports
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 06:43:20
July 06 2012 06:41 GMT
#313
Hey guys. I know this thread is old, but I found the tutorial on Youtube and began trying out the build today. Smashed a Terran with it, but I'm in Silver, and Silver players never make Ghosts lol. Since this build first came about several things have happened that have made it better. Terrans tend to use the 1/1/1 less, EMP got nerfed and Immortals got buffed. As far as I understand, once scouted, the only real counter to this is fast Ghosts or Banshees correct?? How do you normally react to that? For Banshees you just warp Stalkers, but how do you respond to Ghosts?? Do you take your Nexus later and be even more behind (If he expanded), do you go super all in and go one base Colossus, or do you do the attack anyway and micro better since EMP is weaker than when this build was created? Around what time in game will you find out if he's going Ghosts to counter this?? I LOVE this build, I just want to get an idea of how I should respond when I start facing better players while doing it.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Adonminus
Profile Joined January 2012
Israel543 Posts
July 06 2012 06:56 GMT
#314
On July 06 2012 15:41 Havik_ wrote:
Hey guys. I know this thread is old, but I found the tutorial on Youtube and began trying out the build today. Smashed a Terran with it, but I'm in Silver, and Silver players never make Ghosts lol. Since this build first came about several things have happened that have made it better. Terrans tend to use the 1/1/1 less, EMP got nerfed and Immortals got buffed. As far as I understand, once scouted, the only real counter to this is fast Ghosts or Banshees correct?? How do you normally react to that? For Banshees you just warp Stalkers, but how do you respond to Ghosts?? Do you take your Nexus later and be even more behind (If he expanded), do you go super all in and go one base Colossus, or do you do the attack anyway and micro better since EMP is weaker than when this build was created? Around what time in game will you find out if he's going Ghosts to counter this?? I LOVE this build, I just want to get an idea of how I should respond when I start facing better players while doing it.

I believe that against ghost pushes, you will need to add several cannons at your natural for defense. Since you get the forge, it's really easy and then you'll be safe.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 07:31:48
July 06 2012 07:21 GMT
#315
On July 06 2012 15:56 Adonminus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2012 15:41 Havik_ wrote:
Hey guys. I know this thread is old, but I found the tutorial on Youtube and began trying out the build today. Smashed a Terran with it, but I'm in Silver, and Silver players never make Ghosts lol. Since this build first came about several things have happened that have made it better. Terrans tend to use the 1/1/1 less, EMP got nerfed and Immortals got buffed. As far as I understand, once scouted, the only real counter to this is fast Ghosts or Banshees correct?? How do you normally react to that? For Banshees you just warp Stalkers, but how do you respond to Ghosts?? Do you take your Nexus later and be even more behind (If he expanded), do you go super all in and go one base Colossus, or do you do the attack anyway and micro better since EMP is weaker than when this build was created? Around what time in game will you find out if he's going Ghosts to counter this?? I LOVE this build, I just want to get an idea of how I should respond when I start facing better players while doing it.

I believe that against ghost pushes, you will need to add several cannons at your natural for defense. Since you get the forge, it's really easy and then you'll be safe.



That's if he pushes, but what if I want to attack him?? If my obs gets there and sees that he's going Ghosts, just expand and tech to a normal midgame with Colossi? Is that the best response? Or should you just try and break him anyway??


EDIT: So I think the best course of action in this case would be to Expand and hit a 2 base 1/1 Colossus timing. If he doesn't go Ghost, you just walk right in and kill them, and if they do go Ghost, expand, tech to Colossi and kill them since getting the Ghosts so fast will delay medivacs, Vikings, upgrades, etc
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
July 06 2012 07:31 GMT
#316
On July 06 2012 15:41 Havik_ wrote:
Hey guys. I know this thread is old, but I found the tutorial on Youtube and began trying out the build today. Smashed a Terran with it, but I'm in Silver, and Silver players never make Ghosts lol. Since this build first came about several things have happened that have made it better. Terrans tend to use the 1/1/1 less, EMP got nerfed and Immortals got buffed. As far as I understand, once scouted, the only real counter to this is fast Ghosts or Banshees correct?? How do you normally react to that? For Banshees you just warp Stalkers, but how do you respond to Ghosts?? Do you take your Nexus later and be even more behind (If he expanded), do you go super all in and go one base Colossus, or do you do the attack anyway and micro better since EMP is weaker than when this build was created? Around what time in game will you find out if he's going Ghosts to counter this?? I LOVE this build, I just want to get an idea of how I should respond when I start facing better players while doing it.


Fast ghosts and banshees aren't the only counter. If he goes mass marines/no marauders it can be held off pretty easily by him since marines do well against immortals. You can still have a chance of winning but your FFs would have to be really good.
Tombomb
Profile Joined June 2012
United States52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 15:11:08
July 06 2012 15:07 GMT
#317
Cut me some slack if this has been addressed as there are >300 comments XO.

Why cut warp gate for such a long time vserus early pressures (both vs the marine/scv and the marine thor all in? The gas lines up pretty well given when you are taking the geysers, but it seems starting warp gate a little earlier would only delay either +1armor, an immortal or a sentry by ~15 seconds at the most.

I acknowledge that, given you aren't attacking until ~9 minute mark, you don't need warp gates for a while anyway, so its a good thing to cut in a tight spot. It just seems that having it start earlier may allow you to build 1 less cannon/be a little safer against fast pressures etc.

I won't be insulted if you simply quote a previous response to this same question.
LIke the look of this, thanks for writing/keeping up with it.

And haha the thor all-in kid hates life so much in that game.
"If someone tells you to do something for money, tell them to go to hell"
Prev 1 14 15 16 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft488
Nina 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13604
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4698
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3137
JimRising 571
KnowMe194
ArmadaUGS103
ViBE95
Mew2King66
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1267
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter145
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 42m
INu's Battles
11h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 42m
Replay Cast
22h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.