• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7741 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 124

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 17 2012 21:01 GMT
#2461
On January 18 2012 05:40 Rationaleyes wrote:
Hello,

In TvT I do a 1 rax expo that goes
rax
CC
gas
2x rax
gas

this is because i want tanks out quick in case of a 1 base tank push, Though I still lose to these pushes sometimes I was wondering if I should just open different, and if so how

I always am fond of demuslims 12 rax 15 gas. It lines up to a nice CC after gas timing, then factory, and 2nd gas. It's the only build, besides straight 1-1-1 raven first that feels 'safe' against anything with proper scouting. Demuslims build is the same, just delayed to the last minute with an extra OC in there.

Gasless FE's in TvT just leave so many holes, I don't understand the gasless FE. I'd suggest going a different route, personally. Unless you are on top of your scouting, and engaging positioning you're going to struggle with it for a while. Early bio play with late gas upgrade requires forward control and delaying tank pushes until critical units and upgrades are done... ie medics and stim.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
January 17 2012 21:11 GMT
#2462
On January 18 2012 05:40 Rationaleyes wrote:
Hello,

In TvT I do a 1 rax expo that goes
rax
CC
gas
2x rax
gas

this is because i want tanks out quick in case of a 1 base tank push, Though I still lose to these pushes sometimes I was wondering if I should just open different, and if so how

(Constant Marine and SCV production, though you may cut one Marine for earlier gases.)
Barracks
CC
Gas
Gas
Factory when 100 gas
Starport and Lab on Factory when Factory done
Siege Mode and Tank once the Lab is complete

This build order should hold the various 1-1-1 agressive openings; from there, you can transition to Marine/Tanks or Mech. Even if you make a Viking, you will need an EB against Cloaked Banshees. Reactor on Barracks at your discretion, depending once again on whether you suspect or not agressive play from your opponent.
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
January 17 2012 22:18 GMT
#2463
Anyone else find warp prism all ins (4 gate, DT) really hard to hold as terran?
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 17 2012 22:21 GMT
#2464
On January 18 2012 07:18 Techno wrote:
Anyone else find warp prism all ins (4 gate, DT) really hard to hold as terran?

What build are you using? Are you not scouting? If you don't see an expo, I think it'd be smart to bunker up, take towers, and keep some guys in your main, along with 1-3 turrets.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
metcw
Profile Joined August 2011
United States28 Posts
January 17 2012 23:56 GMT
#2465
what should i be looking for if when I scout zerg early on?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 17 2012 23:59 GMT
#2466
On January 18 2012 08:56 metcw wrote:
what should i be looking for if when I scout zerg early on?


1) did they make a hatchery first or a pool first? if they pool first, are they expanding at all?
A pool first build is almost always an all in of some sort. It's also possibly sub-optimal play. Regardless, be vigilant at your wall, and if he doesn't expand, bunker up.

2) do they have a gas?
gasless zerg is passive and drones heavily.

3) ok, so my opponent went hatch first, or expanded quickly AND he has gas. the final question is: does he mine more than 100 gas?
economical zergs will mine 100 gas for zergling speed, then focus on lings. aggressive zergs will get more gas, either for roaches and banelings, or for quick upgrades or teching.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
shishy
Profile Joined May 2011
United States115 Posts
January 18 2012 00:10 GMT
#2467
How do you guys play TvP? I just got to Master League but I mostly played TvZ and some TvT, so my experience in TvP is non-existent haha. I like to do 1 rax FE into +2 rax and +2 gas, then 1 tech lab for stim and then factory-> starport and push with 2 medivacs to get map control/drop while I take my third... but after that I have no clue what to do.

I can usually scout him to see his tech path, and I've been getting at improving my composition to what he has but I don't know when to engage at all and if I'm being really scared, I just sit down and don't do anything while he takes like every base and gets 40+ gateways haha. Otherwise engagements result in an even trade or him barely coming out and then he just chrono's his gateways to remax faster and attack...

I try to drop but HT feedback and cannon and then in late game with a handful of blink stalkers, it becomes really hard.
So I was wondering how you guys play your TvP and if you have any replays I can study. No, I don't want to 1/1/1. I don't even know how to do it but I'd rather learn how to play the match up properly.
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
January 18 2012 00:36 GMT
#2468
On January 18 2012 07:21 iAmJeffReY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 07:18 Techno wrote:
Anyone else find warp prism all ins (4 gate, DT) really hard to hold as terran?

What build are you using? Are you not scouting? If you don't see an expo, I think it'd be smart to bunker up, take towers, and keep some guys in your main, along with 1-3 turrets.

Reactor FE with guys taken off gas after the reactor.
then 3 (total) raxes, put guys back on gas

It seems like you need bunkers in your main, and to hope that they dont go around them.

http://drop.sc/94296
i bm
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 18 2012 00:39 GMT
#2469
On January 18 2012 09:36 Techno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 07:21 iAmJeffReY wrote:
On January 18 2012 07:18 Techno wrote:
Anyone else find warp prism all ins (4 gate, DT) really hard to hold as terran?

What build are you using? Are you not scouting? If you don't see an expo, I think it'd be smart to bunker up, take towers, and keep some guys in your main, along with 1-3 turrets.

Reactor FE with guys taken off gas after the reactor.
then 3 (total) raxes, put guys back on gas

It seems like you need bunkers in your main, and to hope that they dont go around them.

http://drop.sc/94296
i bm


I'll take a gander when I get home. I did the reactor FE quite a bit for a while, and my usual strat was just to stay in my main with my CC and stuff if i didn't see an expo. If I know he's 2-gassing it, I make a turret at my ramp to deal with VRs and create a safe zone vs DTs.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
theang123
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Malaysia103 Posts
January 18 2012 00:59 GMT
#2470
Hi there,

can someone provide me with an optimal build order for 1 rax expand into 4 rax?
I have been doing
depo
rax
orbital
expand
3 rax(keep making rines)
2 gas at about 30 supply

But im losing badly to 1 base immortal push even with bunkers.

http://sc2rep.com/replays/(P)Kraken_vs_(T)PandaMan/17390
http://sc2rep.com/replays/(P)Kraken_vs_(T)PandaMan/17391
http://sc2rep.com/replays/(T)PandaMan_vs_(P)Mahala/17392

Thanks
I live to die.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
January 18 2012 06:43 GMT
#2471
does anyone know a nice follow up or match, which i can study of the 2 rax+reactor hellion maradaur+hellion push against Zerg?

is 4 rax+2 Ebay+Reactor Starport a nice way?
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
January 18 2012 08:09 GMT
#2472
On January 17 2012 20:50 biocause wrote:
Terran vs Terran, I usually 1 races fe but then the opponent comes in with reapers how do I defend that?


Just scout it and put your marines in a good position. (Cliffs usually)
Plus it really depends on how many reapers he has.
Just yesterday i faced a guy going 3 rax reaper and I held it with my 1 rax fe and double gas, so it should not be a problem to hold with anything. =)
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
January 18 2012 08:13 GMT
#2473
On January 18 2012 15:43 saaaa wrote:
does anyone know a nice follow up or match, which i can study of the 2 rax+reactor hellion maradaur+hellion push against Zerg?

is 4 rax+2 Ebay+Reactor Starport a nice way?

Seems reasonable but I don't think you can transition out of this build really well without almost killing Zerg.
But just going into a standard game looks clean to me =)

Maybe go 3 rax+factory+2e-bay+reactor starport unless your micro is really good....
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
January 18 2012 09:23 GMT
#2474
Hello

I have a lot of troubles pushing in TvZ.
Usually I do the Bomber TvZ build

1rax fe
16gas
delayed Reactor Hellions
around 6 min 3rd CC
2 more rax and an e-bay (around 8.00 mins)

I move out when I hit 2-1 on infantry usually +1 on tanks around 160-180 supply

My problem now is that I am to inpatient and walk onto the creep and scan kill all tumors and then get overrun by the Zerg while I am unsieged.

You guys have any tips on how you push in TvZ with big armys? (I know that I should just siege at the beginning of the creep but then I always have the feeling that it is taking me to long to get in a good position)

Thanks =)
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
Demnogonis
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland80 Posts
January 18 2012 10:03 GMT
#2475
Hi, I have had a lot of success with going reactor-hellion expand in to mass BF hellion into fast third orbital, Hellion Thor and often double armory. It seems to me this style is otherwise solid, but if they make both roach warren and spire I lose

Mass muta requires a bunch of Thors - and I really don't have the resources to upgrade the bio army enough that I'd bother spending resources on it. A big bunch of Thors kill Mutalisks, a few Thors just die sadly. Now my base is defended with so many Turrets I'm not worrying about that. So. When I get to kill off the Mutalisks, a bunch of Mass Roach appears and they either kill my army outright or just destroy the Thors, and then another bunch of mass muta appears, and I curse a lot

Sometimes I have enough Siege Tanks and the Roaches are useless. Then the Thors die to magic box mutas so fast the SCV's repairing them don't help at all. Of course sometimes the Zerg miscontrols the mutas and they die in a single volley of Thor fire, one of the most heartwarming sights in the entire game.

I loathe the idea to add bio to this composition, but perhaps either just attack upgraded marauders or marines from two barracks would be enough to solve this problem? Or some Planetary Fortress at good locations to block the Roach movements? A bunch of turrets wherever the Siege Tanks advance?

the 10-11 minute mark is usually the turning point where either mass muta kills what I have, mass roach kills what I have or the Zerg is crippled or even dies.
This, I command!
Kamelixs
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden88 Posts
January 18 2012 10:03 GMT
#2476
Hi

Im really considering switching terran next season, since im starting to become a bit bored at zerg.
One thing I really woul like to know is some general timings.
When should I get factory? Starport? Expand to my third? etc etc. I think this will help my play quite a bit since im right now stumbling with when to do things.
Thanks in advance!
ShiiQ
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany31 Posts
January 18 2012 11:09 GMT
#2477
On January 18 2012 19:03 Kamelixs wrote:
Hi

Im really considering switching terran next season, since im starting to become a bit bored at zerg.
One thing I really woul like to know is some general timings.
When should I get factory? Starport? Expand to my third? etc etc. I think this will help my play quite a bit since im right now stumbling with when to do things.
Thanks in advance!

Depends on your Enemy and your Goal.
Kamelixs
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden88 Posts
January 18 2012 11:15 GMT
#2478
On January 18 2012 20:09 ShiiQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 19:03 Kamelixs wrote:
Hi

Im really considering switching terran next season, since im starting to become a bit bored at zerg.
One thing I really woul like to know is some general timings.
When should I get factory? Starport? Expand to my third? etc etc. I think this will help my play quite a bit since im right now stumbling with when to do things.
Thanks in advance!

Depends on your Enemy and your Goal.

Yea, I recon that. It might not be as set as (for example) Zerg lair or expand timings?
Schwopzi
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands954 Posts
January 18 2012 11:25 GMT
#2479
On January 18 2012 20:15 Kamelixs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 20:09 ShiiQ wrote:
On January 18 2012 19:03 Kamelixs wrote:
Hi

Im really considering switching terran next season, since im starting to become a bit bored at zerg.
One thing I really woul like to know is some general timings.
When should I get factory? Starport? Expand to my third? etc etc. I think this will help my play quite a bit since im right now stumbling with when to do things.
Thanks in advance!

Depends on your Enemy and your Goal.

Yea, I recon that. It might not be as set as (for example) Zerg lair or expand timings?


It's about as set as zerg 3rd base/lair timing. So not set at all and hugely dependant on your overall gameplan and what your opponent is doing (and the map ofc).
Just look up some terran builds on liquipedia/strat forum and work your knowledge up from there.
Only the dead have seen the end of war
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
January 18 2012 14:36 GMT
#2480
So, I'm having trouble with my building placement, it's always a mess. Is there any images out there of the optimal building placement against Zerg, Terran and Protoss?
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM623
SteadfastSC290
TKL 223
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 623
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 223
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
Codebar 33
ProTech25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 19
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5115
Dendi1248
Counter-Strike
fl0m2161
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz4
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes621
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko678
B2W.Neo352
DeMusliM227
Livibee182
Pyrionflax178
Khaldor155
Liquid`VortiX137
Trikslyr67
QueenE64
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)14
Liquid`RaSZi8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH215
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2160
• Jankos1715
• TFBlade650
• Noizen101
Other Games
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 48m
The PondCast
19h 48m
INu's Battles
20h 48m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.