• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:41
CEST 02:41
KST 09:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8501 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 106

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
January 03 2012 20:59 GMT
#2101
Hi everyone!

I am having some problems with timings in tvp.
I usually do a gasless expand into 3 rax with fast dropships or a 4 rax on addon power build....
Does anyone have a good timing to move out... cuz i usually get ahead with my expand early on but then just get overrun by toss because I loose my army due to a horrbile attack.

Thanks!
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 03 2012 21:04 GMT
#2102
It really depends what you scout from your opponent. Usually I don't really "move out" unless I see him take a quick third or tech heavily and riskily, especially on maps like Tal'Darim or Antiga with easy-to-defend naturals.

when I play standard, I go with the fast dropships, and assuming he's still on 2 base, I use drops to scout/harass him and assert map control for my 3rd base. I don't try to really fight him unless I get A) a huge advantage via drops or a failed attack on his part or B) a large number of ghosts and solid upgrades so I feel confident attacking into defender's advantage, or of course being maxed.

Basically, when going for fast dropships, assert map control, harass, and try to take your 4th base before he can take his, and hit him with a maxed reinforcing army that's heavy on ghosts and units that counter his units.

That being said, it's possible my advice isn't specifically helpful for you-- if you provide a replay we can do better.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 21:18:28
January 03 2012 21:17 GMT
#2103
On January 04 2012 05:59 TAAF wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am having some problems with timings in tvp.
I usually do a gasless expand into 3 rax with fast dropships or a 4 rax on addon power build....
Does anyone have a good timing to move out... cuz i usually get ahead with my expand early on but then just get overrun by toss because I loose my army due to a horrbile attack.

Thanks!

i always scout and drop once i finish stim, concussive shells, combat shields, and +1 (mind you, i get+1 a lot earlier than other players, i cut army production). its just a small poke to see what kind of tech he's going for, and to see if i can snipe a pylon or some probes. this will keep the protoss back in their base while you can build a good army to counter the tech you scouted.

the next timing, is either 3rd base, ghosts, or +2 depending on different scenarios.
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
hersenen
Profile Joined November 2011
Belize176 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 08:42:04
January 04 2012 08:41 GMT
#2104
Sorry this has probably already been asked but I searched and couldn't find it:

What do you do with all the extra minerals in TvX? Normally I'm floating quite a bit in most matchups but when you already have the technical max amount of supported buildings per base what do you spend the excess stuff on?

I see MajOr spend it on mass orbital commands but I see QXC spend it on more production buildings??? What are the pros and cons of both? Which is better?
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 04 2012 08:47 GMT
#2105
On January 04 2012 17:41 hersenen wrote:
Sorry this has probably already been asked but I searched and couldn't find it:

What do you do with all the extra minerals in TvX? Normally I'm floating quite a bit in most matchups but when you already have the technical max amount of supported buildings per base what do you spend the excess stuff on?

I see MajOr spend it on mass orbital commands but I see QXC spend it on more production buildings??? What are the pros and cons of both? Which is better?


If it's a lategame situation where the map has been split, you're going to want a true 200/200 army so getting the OC's make sense, otherwise you're going to want to reinforce a lot faster with the extra barracks.

I'm assuming you're talking about 200 vs 200 army situations.

It could be that you're not hitting your supply depots, or have enough production. Either way, you're going to want to make more units to make up for it so getting the barracks makes more sense.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
January 04 2012 15:36 GMT
#2106
On January 04 2012 17:41 hersenen wrote:
Sorry this has probably already been asked but I searched and couldn't find it:

What do you do with all the extra minerals in TvX? Normally I'm floating quite a bit in most matchups but when you already have the technical max amount of supported buildings per base what do you spend the excess stuff on?

I see MajOr spend it on mass orbital commands but I see QXC spend it on more production buildings??? What are the pros and cons of both? Which is better?


I would do both mass Orbital and let almost all of you scvs die and just mine mins with mules.
Plus more production just don't over do it and don't do it to early or you might be in danger of suddenly having no money and you get attacked and should rebuild your army.
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
January 05 2012 03:22 GMT
#2107
Damn it how did I lose this one? I anticipated on everything :S


http://drop.sc/84957
ArkSC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
128 Posts
January 05 2012 04:32 GMT
#2108
Hey guys. I'm a gold level terran, who's been switching a bit from terran (my original race) to protoss. My biggest problem's with terran are:

1.MUTALISK harassment =*(
2. Drops
3.Banelings.

As far as muta's go, it kills my quite a bit, they end up picking off quite a few scv's even when i have up a couple of turrets. I usually go marine tank in TvZ, so i wont really have thors, Once i stim my marines and head to my mineral line to stop the mutas, they either go to my natural, or start picking off my sieged up tanks. Drops, I hate, because i usually have a heavy siege tank play, so it takes me awhile to react. I also hate the elevator trick, where their tanks are on the low ground in the case of terran. For banelings, even with tanks it feel like my opponent makes so many banes that they rip through marines, thors and tanks. Any tips to beating all of these things?

Also, if someone could reccomend a good tvt build, i currently do a banshee opening into marine tank viking. Tvp i do 2 rax, if they don't expo, pull back and expo myself. And tvz, i got reactor helions, expand, and then go marine tank. if anyone has a better build for any of these it'd be great =D
Creator, Maru, MKP, Illusion, DeMuslim, MVP, Thorzain. ♥
hersenen
Profile Joined November 2011
Belize176 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 04:50:50
January 05 2012 04:49 GMT
#2109
On January 05 2012 12:22 KenDM wrote:
Damn it how did I lose this one? I anticipated on everything :S


http://drop.sc/84957


Wow you outplayed that Protoss in every way. I'm surprised you lost tbh.

You lost all the big engagements and that cost you the game. Those DTs did way more damage than they should have in that first big engagement, did you not notice them or something? You should target colossus down one by one with your vikings, and stutter step your ground army away from zealots.

A-move protoss vs A-move terran results in protoss win, and in your case even if you have way better macro. There was some over-saturation on your bases and you could have mass expanded with all those minerals at the end, but I'm not going to sit here and say "macro better" because you probably already know those things you could have done better.
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
January 05 2012 07:54 GMT
#2110
On January 05 2012 13:32 Overlord17 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a gold level terran, who's been switching a bit from terran (my original race) to protoss. My biggest problem's with terran are:

1.MUTALISK harassment =*(
2. Drops
3.Banelings.

As far as muta's go, it kills my quite a bit, they end up picking off quite a few scv's even when i have up a couple of turrets. I usually go marine tank in TvZ, so i wont really have thors, Once i stim my marines and head to my mineral line to stop the mutas, they either go to my natural, or start picking off my sieged up tanks. Drops, I hate, because i usually have a heavy siege tank play, so it takes me awhile to react. I also hate the elevator trick, where their tanks are on the low ground in the case of terran. For banelings, even with tanks it feel like my opponent makes so many banes that they rip through marines, thors and tanks. Any tips to beating all of these things?

Also, if someone could reccomend a good tvt build, i currently do a banshee opening into marine tank viking. Tvp i do 2 rax, if they don't expo, pull back and expo myself. And tvz, i got reactor helions, expand, and then go marine tank. if anyone has a better build for any of these it'd be great =D


1. Muta harass: You have to build some thors with your Tank marine force. And never stim all of your marines at once to stop muta harass just run back a few and leave the rest by the tanks.

2. Drops: If you are really tank heavy I would just start making turret rings... You will see it in every game a pro player goes mech (in your case a lot of tanks)

3. Banelings: Siege all your tanks and split your marines before the fight a bit. And in the fight stim your marines and maybe run a few back if you can. Most importantly, focus fire the banes with your tanks!

TvT build I would recommend is 1 rax fe. I take my two gases really early and then go mech with it. I would grind out some games with mech to figure it out.

TvZ hellion expand is awesome and TvP I can't really give you advice on that... (I do a 1 rax fe almost every game)
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
SirHyoon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia46 Posts
January 05 2012 09:14 GMT
#2111
SEA, diamond terran here, In TvZ i play hellion expand but after i drop my CC i add 2 more raxes and start a fast stim + marines pumping from the two barracks and the 1 techlab rax i pump a few marauders. It seems to be killing alot of zergs who overdrone and just rely on 2-3 spine crawlers for defense. Just wondering if i dont kill them in the first push or it fails, what would be the best transition. everytime i look at the score at the end, it seems they always have more drones, so i was thinking if i was to fail the push, i would be really far behind, dont know what to do :\, help?
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 09:59:14
January 05 2012 09:58 GMT
#2112
On January 05 2012 18:14 SirHyoon wrote:
SEA, diamond terran here, In TvZ i play hellion expand but after i drop my CC i add 2 more raxes and start a fast stim + marines pumping from the two barracks and the 1 techlab rax i pump a few marauders. It seems to be killing alot of zergs who overdrone and just rely on 2-3 spine crawlers for defense. Just wondering if i dont kill them in the first push or it fails, what would be the best transition. everytime i look at the score at the end, it seems they always have more drones, so i was thinking if i was to fail the push, i would be really far behind, dont know what to do :\, help?

Think of it like that: If they hold your push they did not overdrone and you are just slightly behind. If they overdrone the game is over or you at least did a lot of damage. Maybe you don't want to push all the way if you see a lot of defense and get a faster third instead.
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 13:54:02
January 05 2012 13:24 GMT
#2113
Sorry wrong forums ><"
xTrim
Profile Joined April 2011
472 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 14:25:19
January 05 2012 14:22 GMT
#2114
Guys....

I've been struggling a lot lately in TvP.... In my opinion TvP is completely broken due to the simple argument:

There is nothing terran can do (apart from the 1-1-1) that requires proper response from Protoss...

Terran has no tech switch from/to that makes the Toss' tremble, something like "shit he made X units... i'd better make Y orelse I lose big time..." and because of that Toss' can (and will) play the way the want..

However, I can point 3 switched that Terrans have to respond accordingly or they will just lose the game:

- Oh he made Colos... make vikings... if not enough - gg
- Oh he made Temps... make ghosts... if not enough - gg
- Oh he is pure zea archon.... mass mraines with few marauders... too many marauders - gg

.... Then everyone says, drop the Protoss, keep it busy, etc etc....

Think for a second: you have one medivac with 2 marauders and 4 marines...

Protoss is caught out of position and say, screw this I'm hitting terran right now! - So you are down 1 medivac in your "head on battle" while he has his full army with equal supply (provided both are the same level, macroing equally).... As in order to beat chargelot colo templar you NEED micro, therefore you are down 1 medivac with 4 marines and 2 marauders that are dropping.... Also, while you micro your slightly weaker main army, you are not microing your small drop which is getting wasted by 5 zealots that were warped a little bit to the side...

TLDR: i need help with bio.... i'm fed up with it, I personally think it's ridiculously hard to beat a toss and I need help.... I could provide infinite replays of me going bio, but they are all the same: gasless exp into bio medivacs into not enough counters to tech switches into lose.
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 15:46:12
January 05 2012 15:24 GMT
#2115
How did I lose this one?

I think it was because the enemy had a 3rd base before I did. I tried to sneak in an extra expo, but it was too late, I was ROFL stomped Even if you watch my previous replay, you can see that I have a lot of trouble with my micro, because I tend to lead in macro against protosses a lot of the time (seeing as we have the same bases but I max out armies before the enemy).

http://drop.sc/85079

A lot of people are having trouble in TvP. I once heard someone say that TvP maxed out armies a-moving into each other would always make the protoss army win. Then how can I get the upper hand? Am I missing something important? I need help, I'm in desperate need of advise because as it is now, I fear every protoss player and almost NEVER win. It's probably the only thing keeping me in Silver I guess (I occasionally beat Gold Zergs and Terrans).
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
January 05 2012 15:30 GMT
#2116
On January 05 2012 23:22 xTrim wrote:
Guys....

I've been struggling a lot lately in TvP.... In my opinion TvP is completely broken due to the simple argument:

There is nothing terran can do (apart from the 1-1-1) that requires proper response from Protoss...

Terran has no tech switch from/to that makes the Toss' tremble, something like "shit he made X units... i'd better make Y orelse I lose big time..." and because of that Toss' can (and will) play the way the want..

However, I can point 3 switched that Terrans have to respond accordingly or they will just lose the game:

- Oh he made Colos... make vikings... if not enough - gg
- Oh he made Temps... make ghosts... if not enough - gg
- Oh he is pure zea archon.... mass mraines with few marauders... too many marauders - gg

.... Then everyone says, drop the Protoss, keep it busy, etc etc....

Think for a second: you have one medivac with 2 marauders and 4 marines...

Protoss is caught out of position and say, screw this I'm hitting terran right now! - So you are down 1 medivac in your "head on battle" while he has his full army with equal supply (provided both are the same level, macroing equally).... As in order to beat chargelot colo templar you NEED micro, therefore you are down 1 medivac with 4 marines and 2 marauders that are dropping.... Also, while you micro your slightly weaker main army, you are not microing your small drop which is getting wasted by 5 zealots that were warped a little bit to the side...

TLDR: i need help with bio.... i'm fed up with it, I personally think it's ridiculously hard to beat a toss and I need help.... I could provide infinite replays of me going bio, but they are all the same: gasless exp into bio medivacs into not enough counters to tech switches into lose.

Not sure whether you are here to complain or to ask for help. If it's the latter, provide replays (and give your league, by the way).
xTrim
Profile Joined April 2011
472 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 17:01:14
January 05 2012 17:00 GMT
#2117
On January 06 2012 00:30 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 23:22 xTrim wrote:
Guys....

I've been struggling a lot lately in TvP.... In my opinion TvP is completely broken due to the simple argument:

There is nothing terran can do (apart from the 1-1-1) that requires proper response from Protoss...

Terran has no tech switch from/to that makes the Toss' tremble, something like "shit he made X units... i'd better make Y orelse I lose big time..." and because of that Toss' can (and will) play the way the want..

However, I can point 3 switched that Terrans have to respond accordingly or they will just lose the game:

- Oh he made Colos... make vikings... if not enough - gg
- Oh he made Temps... make ghosts... if not enough - gg
- Oh he is pure zea archon.... mass mraines with few marauders... too many marauders - gg

.... Then everyone says, drop the Protoss, keep it busy, etc etc....

Think for a second: you have one medivac with 2 marauders and 4 marines...

Protoss is caught out of position and say, screw this I'm hitting terran right now! - So you are down 1 medivac in your "head on battle" while he has his full army with equal supply (provided both are the same level, macroing equally).... As in order to beat chargelot colo templar you NEED micro, therefore you are down 1 medivac with 4 marines and 2 marauders that are dropping.... Also, while you micro your slightly weaker main army, you are not microing your small drop which is getting wasted by 5 zealots that were warped a little bit to the side...

TLDR: i need help with bio.... i'm fed up with it, I personally think it's ridiculously hard to beat a toss and I need help.... I could provide infinite replays of me going bio, but they are all the same: gasless exp into bio medivacs into not enough counters to tech switches into lose.

Not sure whether you are here to complain or to ask for help. If it's the latter, provide replays (and give your league, by the way).


I am mid-master terran..
http://drop.sc/79686 is a good example...

Also, i've been 1-1-1'ing a lot cauz bio is indeed making me sick.
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
January 05 2012 17:37 GMT
#2118
The main thing I would say is at 14 minutes kill something important. If you have problems with colossi kill the damn robo bay. Otherwise the forges would be an excellent option.
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
January 05 2012 17:49 GMT
#2119
On January 06 2012 02:37 Willzzz wrote:
The main thing I would say is at 14 minutes kill something important. If you have problems with colossi kill the damn robo bay. Otherwise the forges would be an excellent option.


Like with drops?
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
January 05 2012 18:00 GMT
#2120
I am talking specifically about his replay where he is in the protoss base and kills 1.8 gateways, which is of no use whatsoever. With the same amount of firepower he could have taken out both the nearby forges which would have given him a significant advantage in later battles.
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Bale 32
League of Legends
Doublelift4360
Other Games
summit1g9426
JimRising 517
ViBE245
Livibee192
KnowMe165
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 19m
Patches Events
14h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 19m
OSC
22h 19m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.