• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:11
CEST 17:11
KST 00:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9778 users

[G] Positive Mindset: The Key to SC2 - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 01 2011 20:44 GMT
#141
On July 18 2011 05:38 TangSC wrote:
mple:

1) Be Good Manner
/ ~~ /
2) Be Confident
/ ~~ /
3) Focus on YOUR game Every SC2 player would learn and play significantly better if they considered imbalance, hacks, and cheese none-existent

4) Be Healthy

Been saying these things FOREVER to students (Also do lots of coaching). No, you may not be used to being Good Manner to people that cheese you or insult you. [b]Do it anyways. Don't downplay your chances of success, it can only hurt you. You ARE gonna learn from the game, he DOESN'T start with any kind of advantage over you, he HAS weakness just like you do. Go and Win.

I mean just look at my signature. I've had that for most of the year. Ignore perceived imbalance, hacks, and cheese. Nobody looks at top tournaments and sees 6 in a row that are missing a race in top 8. I'm not talking about individual tournament variation, I'm talking about multiple tournaments. All 3 races can win and DO win. Practice.

Be healthy ... well I work out but not when I'm gaming so =). I work out after my job and before gaming, but make sure to take small breaks for my eyes. And yeah, don't do nachos and soda try fruit and regular water/milk/orange juice drinks.


One more I'd like to add:
Keep practicing
If you try something new, and like it, keep in practice of trying it, refining it. Don't stop laddering for a week, or not use the strategy for 13 games before trying it again. Make the Ladder YOUR training ground, or more simply, make the ladder YOURS. It's okay losing to silly cheese you didn't scout or aren't prepared for. It prompts the general question on what you can/can't hold off, and what scouting needs to be done. Losses are frequently more useful than wins.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
August 04 2011 18:11 GMT
#142
I like what Danglers says about making the ladder yours. This is an extremely relevant concept - people always think ladder is about showing off, about pride, about points and score. To a small extent this is true, but if your goal is improvement, excellent results shouldn't be your first goal. If you're trying to perfect a build, you absolutely can NOT hone a build without losses - it's just not possible.
You need to ask yourself why you lost, what you could have done differently, what strategy this particular player employed that caused you either beat your strategy or force you to deviate from the strategy you were trying to use.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
superblazed
Profile Joined June 2011
2 Posts
August 04 2011 22:36 GMT
#143
Tang is the mother fucking boss O.o
TehN00blet
Profile Joined July 2011
United States7 Posts
August 04 2011 22:42 GMT
#144
Hey Tang I saw you beat Idra on his livestream! Great game and keep up the good work. Also, what was your mindset when yo were playing Idra.
Destro
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands1206 Posts
August 04 2011 23:20 GMT
#145
great post tang, a good read and i agree with everything you said. when im in a good mood and positive about playing, im twice as good... at least it feels that way.
bring back weapon of choice for hots!
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 04:02:29
August 05 2011 18:08 GMT
#146
My mindset against IdrA? haha, I wouldn't say it was much different than any other game. I told myself from Day1 of SC2 that I was going to play and beat him one day, so at the start of the game I had my game plan and I was positive and focused. A little rattled, admittedly, but I was really excited and I thought there was a good chance I could beat him. I just kept my usual positive reinforcement: "Ok, time to barrel down this guy's front base like every game ZvZ I play. I'm going to crush him, when it comes to a micro war I'm going to play flawlessly and pressure this guy so hard." Unfortunately, he droned up and my lings won pretty uncontested, I was hoping for a micro battle at least but he just ragequit when he saw how many units I have. Not the style of game I wanted to beat him in, but to take a game of him meant a lot to me.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Photon In A CANon
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
August 05 2011 19:54 GMT
#147
Really great read, I Always seeM to be a rager when it comes to Sc2 or any game lol.
Whats the different between an Icee and a Slushee?
TTneko
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia70 Posts
August 06 2011 02:31 GMT
#148
Sometimes it's hard to keep cool when losing a 1v1 but I guess this does help understand the importance of pushing your game mentally as much as practically. Thanks for the great read!
Come watch my Grandmaster Zerg stream! // http://www.twitch.tv/ttneko
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
August 06 2011 23:52 GMT
#149
What I recommend when you're having a losing streak ties into being healthy. Take a break, do a workout or get a good lunch. For example, in mid-day when I'm losing I'll go for a jog, have a green tea or a coffee, and eat some berries and yogurt. When I'm back at the desk, it's a completely different Tang.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Aesces
Profile Joined August 2011
United States7 Posts
August 07 2011 08:31 GMT
#150
Good post. Like most people, I do rage quit occasionally if some game really stressed me out, but for the most part I try to be GM. What I normally do nowadays is just play a lot of custom games or 1v1 obs, since I realize that losing won't affect anything in those game types, and I'm able to learn and improve in a friendly environment.
brryjankens
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada22 Posts
August 07 2011 08:48 GMT
#151
hmm i hope this will contain the gracken inside me MWAHAHAHAH
do or do not there is no try-master yoda
IIIOmegaIII
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden319 Posts
August 07 2011 09:17 GMT
#152
hmm this was a really good read =) awesome job
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
August 09 2011 04:01 GMT
#153
If you can approach ladder in the same way, Aesces, you'll find it much more beneficial. Ladder really shouldn't be any more stressful than customs, and it's typically less wait time as well as opponents close to your skill level. If it stresses you out and doesn't motivate/encourage you, then don't think at all about points and wins - focus instead on improving. The ladder is your playground, it only becomes something else if you build it up to be in your head.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
DaemonX
Profile Joined September 2010
545 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 04:17:56
August 09 2011 04:17 GMT
#154
I have found everything Tang has said here to be 100% true through the past months, and it's what I tell my friends to do to break through a wall to improve.
KangaRuthless
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States304 Posts
August 09 2011 15:33 GMT
#155
Great post. My biggest issue has always been letting some silly strategy get to me and put me on tilt. Also, I like the idea about verbally reminding myself about what I am planning to help keep me focused.

At least I always gg, even if I as;ldfjsad ;fjasdf ;osahfsad; ifj wq;foj before hand
www.youtube.com/KangaRuthless
Fleshcut
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany592 Posts
August 09 2011 17:01 GMT
#156
Yep! I feel like Kanga even though I dont gg often because its some kind of reflex to just flee from a shitty game. I just want to add that I often times lose focus when something totally expected still does damage. Voidray harass for example... There is one and my queen is about to kill it and it charges and kills my queen and suddenly a second void pops up at my natural and i defend defend defend and suddenly phoenix lift my first few hydras... IT ANNOYS ME TO LOSE TO SOMETHING I EXPECTED.

Anyways. Ill follow these rules now even though Ill start it seriously after I recovered from my manflu.
rezzan
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden329 Posts
August 09 2011 17:54 GMT
#157
On July 18 2011 05:59 Moda wrote:
Great post, However I know quite a few people that have a verry positive mindset, but their mechanical skill is close to terrible, and it makes them look they don't want to get better at all. I think that even though you NEED to have a positive mindset, it is also crucial to beat your self down whenever you make mistakes, you MUST be able to see what mistakes you did and to make sure that they will never happen again.

Why is Anger a bad thing? The reason I got into platinum from bronze is because my friend that introduces sc2 to me would do theses retarded cheezes all the time and I got pissed, and wanted to win against him.


"beat yourself down" is a pretty harsh word to use.

What tang is saying is actually true. and everyone know it. If you lose a game, "gg" and go check the replay and REMEMBER what you did wrong.. maybe you didnt scout good enough, or maybe u did get supply blocked to often? and when you check your own replays and see what you did wrong...

THATS LEARNING, thats how you get to higher leagues..

TL;DR be happy, watch replays, get higher leagues, learning !
Sponsored by Play3r.net and eurodomination.net www.twitch.tv/tacowtf
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
August 09 2011 19:23 GMT
#158
I agree with the importance of being able to take a critical look at your play, but I don't think anger helps this at all - I think if you approach your mistakes positively, you'll make just as much (if not more) progress than if you try to look at your mistakes when you're upset.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Roghie
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway18 Posts
August 09 2011 19:28 GMT
#159
Win.
EvE Online Gamer.
Squigly
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom629 Posts
August 09 2011 19:53 GMT
#160
Lol that this hasnt been moved from strategy yet. I can see it might be helpful but its belongs in blogs/general
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 362
OGKoka 254
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46798
Calm 4266
Shuttle 2139
Bisu 1631
FanTaSy 1500
Mini 935
EffOrt 644
Soma 640
Rush 501
Stork 329
[ Show more ]
Light 264
Hyuk 247
Snow 234
firebathero 227
actioN 188
ZerO 181
Dewaltoss 92
Zeus 81
Barracks 80
hero 70
Sea.KH 58
Killer 51
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 38
Hyun 38
Pusan 34
Sharp 33
Bale 26
Free 24
Yoon 22
Shine 21
PianO 19
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7108
Dendi1135
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
x6flipin239
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2248
hiko1854
B2W.Neo381
byalli270
Livibee218
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .180
mouzStarbuck117
Mew2King61
Trikslyr42
Rex28
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV73
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 4m
Replay Cast
7h 49m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.