• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:08
CEST 22:08
KST 05:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7507 users

[G] 3 roach rush speedling all-in - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:52:18
April 26 2011 16:49 GMT
#181
I honestly don't think that WZP can upload recent replays because this build doesn't work anymore now that people know what it is.

Edit: This is meant to be a friendly challenge more than anything, and I'm still waiting on a reply to my PM WZP. : )
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
Timestreamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel157 Posts
April 26 2011 17:04 GMT
#182
I know this is slightly early to ask, but with the whole 1.3.3 patch hysteria going on right now, do you think the new patch will completely deny this build? Maybe only at around masters?(where execution is really supposed to be down to the last second)
talleyhooo
Profile Joined February 2011
19 Posts
April 26 2011 22:11 GMT
#183
I am high diamond and open with this build almost exclusively in ZvP, simply because I really hate the matchup and just want to get it over with, one way or another. I have been using this build since it was originally posted.

This build continues to work for me probably 80-90% of the time. I see that this build is being questioned for some reason right now, but I assume that is more directed toward high level gameplay. I cannot speak to that, but up to and including high diamond play it is solid. I hope that lower league players do not question this build's strength in their leagues because of Aricide or others' posts.

I don't even send the overlord anymore. I usually run up the ramp with just the three roaches, snipe the zealot and then pour in the lings. When it fails, it is due to two sentries being out and good FF micro while awaiting the finish of warp gate tech. This build is very easy to scout (roach warren goes down before lings are on the map).- but I am finding that most players don't respond properly (up to high diamond).
day9 is annoying
bond1
Profile Joined January 2011
38 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 22:53:00
April 26 2011 22:50 GMT
#184
I'm curious how this build will work on 1.3.3 with the gateway unit build time decreases. Anyone tested on the PTR yet?

The reduced zealot time will definetely encourage 2gate. They increased it from 33 to 38 to discourage them, and now that its back to 33 it seems safe to assume that 2gate will increase in popularity. A super fast 2gate would seem to destroy this build. Even if it doesn't, the extra speed might get that critical extra sentry in, and with such razor fine timings i don't know if the build would be vaible. :\ Just theorycraft, but I can't get on to the PTR to test it.
whatthefat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States918 Posts
April 26 2011 23:19 GMT
#185
Because the roach warren goes up so early, I was able to hold proxy 2gate pretty easily the couple of times I faced it when using this build. I don't think that will change a lot under the new patch.
SlayerS_BoxeR: "I always feel sorry towards Greg (Grack?) T_T"
bond1
Profile Joined January 2011
38 Posts
April 26 2011 23:29 GMT
#186
Ok, that makes sense. It's the earlier sentries that I'm really worried about though. The 5 seconds isn't just a flat time decrease, it compounds. The first sentry is 5 secs earlier, the second 10, the third fifteen, and the supposedly undefeatable fourth is a full 20 seconds faster. That seems like trouble :\
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
April 26 2011 23:31 GMT
#187
I propose a counter, by walling in so that the zealot is not adjacent to the cliff (should be possible), and forcefielding at the BOTTOM of the ramp. That way your zealot which is pinned, isn't going to be under roach fire. TAKE THAT you ruthless cheeser.
terr13
Profile Joined April 2007
United States298 Posts
April 26 2011 23:34 GMT
#188
It's always possible to lure the sentry out of position with an OL or something.
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
April 26 2011 23:54 GMT
#189
I'm pretty sure 3gate Sentry expand hard counters this build. Good FFs can split off a Roach and kill it and delay until you hit critical Sentry mass, at which point no amount of Zerglings and Roaches can break that choke. The counterattack from Protoss is also very crippling. The Zerg should still be on T1 tech, and good Sentry micro can just crush that and destroy any expansion the Zerg is hoping to make, or at the very least secure an expansion for the Protoss.

I could be wrong, though. This is just as a Protoss player.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
terr13
Profile Joined April 2007
United States298 Posts
April 27 2011 06:26 GMT
#190
The attack is designed to hit before you have enough sentries to hold them off. By the time they hit your base you have 1-2 sentries, and after the FF wears off, they can charge in.
Pamposek
Profile Joined April 2011
Czech Republic56 Posts
April 27 2011 06:50 GMT
#191
I was trying this build on ladder and i met protoss, which countered it on metalopolis ... by 2 gate (not proxy) zealot push. Roaches were not fast enough out to deal with them and when they pop, damage was already done.
Problem is, that there is no scout ... is there a way to hold it off? (Sorry no replay attached, my computer ate them all)
We are the swarm!
wzp
Profile Joined January 2011
Mexico9 Posts
April 28 2011 14:46 GMT
#192
i think it will still be able to work on 1.3.3, due to the highly gas cost of the sentry, spaming it too early in the game might just mess up the new timing that will come up, ill test it on the 1.3.3 and see what it happens, im actually more worried about the zerg FE beign imposible cuz of the 2 gate rush will work again , but this rush will still kick, it never misses .

any1 want replays? pm me to wzp.554 and ill send some.

WZP WZP WZP WZP : O!
pew pew
Matiz_pl
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland163 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 15:25:55
May 03 2011 15:24 GMT
#193
do you have EU account? i'd like to see some replays but i dont have US account so i cant PM you

- edit - i guess i just did one of the dumbest post ever xd can u pm me those reps on TL here?
"Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. " - FuumaMonou
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
June 30 2011 21:13 GMT
#194
You know I've been playing with this build, I really like it because you don't have to adjust your build to do it, you can use it after reacting to what you scout (ie as opposed to 6 pool).

If you send a 9 or 10 scout, you can get to close spawns on Metal/Shattered soon enough that you can respond in time to do this , instead of say, 14 gas or 15 hatch or whatever builds. This is the reaason I really really love this build! Whenever I spawn close spawns on ZvP, I just do this build because its total BS as it is, but this build is awesome.

I've been playing around a bit, and I noticed you can really throw gas and pool at 14g/13p too - you just drone up to 15 and everything 'falls in place' - you can get queen, all that, you may just be off a few seconds as opposed to 'optimal' BO.

Really strong build. I like to make an evo chamber when the money starts to rack up at the end. I think maybe leaving a few guys in gas for more roaches or something may be a better idea, as there seems to be just a drone or two too many.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
CCalms
Profile Joined November 2010
United States341 Posts
June 30 2011 23:23 GMT
#195
On July 01 2011 06:13 Belial88 wrote:
You know I've been playing with this build, I really like it because you don't have to adjust your build to do it, you can use it after reacting to what you scout (ie as opposed to 6 pool).

If you send a 9 or 10 scout, you can get to close spawns on Metal/Shattered soon enough that you can respond in time to do this , instead of say, 14 gas or 15 hatch or whatever builds. This is the reaason I really really love this build! Whenever I spawn close spawns on ZvP, I just do this build because its total BS as it is, but this build is awesome.

I've been playing around a bit, and I noticed you can really throw gas and pool at 14g/13p too - you just drone up to 15 and everything 'falls in place' - you can get queen, all that, you may just be off a few seconds as opposed to 'optimal' BO.

Really strong build. I like to make an evo chamber when the money starts to rack up at the end. I think maybe leaving a few guys in gas for more roaches or something may be a better idea, as there seems to be just a drone or two too many.

This stops working once you get out of diamond, by the way. Sentry build time is shorter and the timing was close enough before. Maybe you should make a thread about it.
Blimp
Profile Joined August 2010
45 Posts
July 01 2011 02:13 GMT
#196
Title of the post included the phrase "all-in".

Part of the post included "Transition", immediately stopped reading.


User was temp banned for this post.
imareaver3
Profile Joined June 2010
United States906 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 02:48:53
July 01 2011 02:45 GMT
#197
On July 01 2011 08:23 CCalms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 06:13 Belial88 wrote:
You know I've been playing with this build, I really like it because you don't have to adjust your build to do it, you can use it after reacting to what you scout (ie as opposed to 6 pool).

If you send a 9 or 10 scout, you can get to close spawns on Metal/Shattered soon enough that you can respond in time to do this , instead of say, 14 gas or 15 hatch or whatever builds. This is the reaason I really really love this build! Whenever I spawn close spawns on ZvP, I just do this build because its total BS as it is, but this build is awesome.

I've been playing around a bit, and I noticed you can really throw gas and pool at 14g/13p too - you just drone up to 15 and everything 'falls in place' - you can get queen, all that, you may just be off a few seconds as opposed to 'optimal' BO.

Really strong build. I like to make an evo chamber when the money starts to rack up at the end. I think maybe leaving a few guys in gas for more roaches or something may be a better idea, as there seems to be just a drone or two too many.

This stops working once you get out of diamond, by the way. Sentry build time is shorter and the timing was close enough before. Maybe you should make a thread about it.



1500 masters and I still have a very, very high win-rate with this build (in the written form) in close positions. Hell, I've even won with it the couple times I tried it in cross positions or on XNC. It's actually incredibly powerful at all levels short of (I would imagine) the very top of the ladder. P just don't know how to deal with it, and respond in all the wrong ways.

The patch that buffed sentry build time actually buffed this build by delaying warpgate by 20 seconds, imo. In my experience, usually, a P would win by stalling until warpgate finished, then warping in 3 units to break the push. Now, he can't do that--you have 20 more seconds before warpgate finishes to break him before he gets that big warp-in. And once you're in his base, the warp-in can't save him from the stream of lings.

On July 01 2011 11:13 Blimp wrote:
Title of the post included the phrase "all-in".

Part of the post included "Transition", immediately stopped reading.



Be a bit more open-minded. An all-in is a build that needs to do tons of damage. The "transition" section says that if he held without sacrificing economy, you transition to losing the game. The other transitions assume you did varying but significant amounts of damage (e.g. forced cannons, killed probes) and want to know how to win from there.
kyarisan
Profile Joined May 2010
United States347 Posts
July 01 2011 09:39 GMT
#198
my build chronoboosts sentries. if you come up against a player who is doing that, you're probably fucked, they can forcefield the ramp permanently as they establish 4-gate and then you're dead.
Ryuk_J
Profile Joined August 2011
South Africa1 Post
August 08 2011 16:16 GMT
#199
How to Deal with them if there are cannons? should we for sure change the build and stop the rush?
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
August 08 2011 19:23 GMT
#200
On August 09 2011 01:16 Ryuk_J wrote:
How to Deal with them if there are cannons? should we for sure change the build and stop the rush?

depends on positioning of said cannon, more often than not you will be able to pick off a building. he's gonna have one hell of a time defending this if he forge FE'd (map dependent).
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Calm 2212
Mini 156
Rush 104
EffOrt 93
Trap 21
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5586
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Liquid`Hasu634
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1836
Beastyqt716
RotterdaM574
B2W.Neo536
shahzam284
C9.Mang0282
crisheroes183
IndyStarCraft 181
QueenE99
Trikslyr94
UpATreeSC60
Dewaltoss58
ToD41
ZombieGrub40
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade997
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 53m
INu's Battles
14h 53m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 53m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.