• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:51
CEST 13:51
KST 20:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9080 users

[G] 3 roach rush speedling all-in - Page 9

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
iChau
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1210 Posts
April 24 2011 23:04 GMT
#161
On April 25 2011 07:39 Acridice wrote:
Oh, also if anyone wants to "show" me how they can beat me with this build, I am glad to "show" you wrong. I will play as if I don't know it's coming. Never throw down a forge, and hold it with ease, by going 3 gate sentries. Acridice.147, send me a PM


Message wzp. I remember him playing Minigun, so I think he's near that level (I think Minigun is much better though, however, he lost to this build).
us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1688911/1/SaniShahin/ | http://teamenvy.net/
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
April 24 2011 23:15 GMT
#162
On April 25 2011 07:42 OzkanTheFlip wrote:
so what you just goin 3 gate with gas heavy sentries every time you face a zerg just to be safe?

besides the builds ment to it when u have 1 sentry unless ur 1st 2 units were sentries too it will hit and it will get up your ramp and then aditional sentries wont be that useful


The fuck does that mean dude? Use sentences.

User was warned for this post
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
OzkanTheFlip
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States246 Posts
April 24 2011 23:21 GMT
#163
i see he cant read either

User was warned for this post
Make Moar Roaches
OzkanTheFlip
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States246 Posts
April 24 2011 23:28 GMT
#164
ill put it in simpler terms for you

when roaches get there you have no more than 1 sentry

when that sentry uses its forcefield the roaches and lings get into your base and then nullifying any other sentry you warp in later
Make Moar Roaches
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
April 24 2011 23:28 GMT
#165
"besides the builds ment to it when u have 1 sentry unless ure 1st 2 units were sentries too it will hit and it will get up your ramp... " really dude?

And btw, if you're implying that sentry heavy builds are not good against zerg, then you are obviously clueless. The safest build you can do is a 3 gate sentry expand, and I think it's a given that you get a zealot first....
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
OzkanTheFlip
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States246 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-24 23:39:46
April 24 2011 23:29 GMT
#166
did you even read the "for dummies" version of my statment

User was temp banned from Strategy Forum for this post.
Make Moar Roaches
OzkanTheFlip
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States246 Posts
April 24 2011 23:31 GMT
#167
when did i ever say sentries werent good? i said you wouldnt have that many by the time it attacks
Make Moar Roaches
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
April 24 2011 23:31 GMT
#168
I guarantee you I have 2 sentries when he hits + a 3rd on the way and warpgate almost done. I'm looking for a decent zerg still to play against to show you that a 3 gate sentry build holds this. I used hold it at masters all the time. Also, I say used to hold it all the time because I think most competent zergs have recognized that this build does not work. And when I say I'm looking for zergs, I have already PM'd wzp.
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
April 24 2011 23:48 GMT
#169
On April 25 2011 08:31 Acridice wrote:
I guarantee you I have 2 sentries when he hits + a 3rd on the way and warpgate almost done. I'm looking for a decent zerg still to play against to show you that a 3 gate sentry build holds this. I used hold it at masters all the time. Also, I say used to hold it all the time because I think most competent zergs have recognized that this build does not work. And when I say I'm looking for zergs, I have already PM'd wzp.



I'm not sure anyone disputes if you blindly do a cheese your opponent might blindly counter, especially if you're playing the metagame and you KNOW what he's doing without scouting. Yes, you can beat any build with another build if you prepare it ahead of time.

How do you know its this build? How soon do you scout it?

Unless your mechanics and timing are perfect (as required for this build), chances are you will be "caught off guard" and then you'll be mad that you lost to a dumb cheese.

I don't think you really need to drill into the community that you can beat it, just like nobody would drill into the community that cannon rushes are cheesy, risky and beatable too. The fact is cannon rushes will still happen and so will this, and the build is very effective against anything but a sentry or cannon-centric opening.
lyrlian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands257 Posts
April 24 2011 23:55 GMT
#170
On April 25 2011 08:48 darkscream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 08:31 Acridice wrote:
I guarantee you I have 2 sentries when he hits + a 3rd on the way and warpgate almost done. I'm looking for a decent zerg still to play against to show you that a 3 gate sentry build holds this. I used hold it at masters all the time. Also, I say used to hold it all the time because I think most competent zergs have recognized that this build does not work. And when I say I'm looking for zergs, I have already PM'd wzp.



I'm not sure anyone disputes if you blindly do a cheese your opponent might blindly counter, especially if you're playing the metagame and you KNOW what he's doing without scouting. Yes, you can beat any build with another build if you prepare it ahead of time.

How do you know its this build? How soon do you scout it?

Unless your mechanics and timing are perfect (as required for this build), chances are you will be "caught off guard" and then you'll be mad that you lost to a dumb cheese.

I don't think you really need to drill into the community that you can beat it, just like nobody would drill into the community that cannon rushes are cheesy, risky and beatable too. The fact is cannon rushes will still happen and so will this, and the build is very effective against anything but a sentry or cannon-centric opening.


A lot of protoss play a very safe 3 sentry FE, that build holds it(because the toss has 2 sentries already with a third on the way). Also you can scout the roach warren going down sometimes by hiding your probe a little because the default few lings will be out later because of the roach warren going down so early. If you scout the warren and dont have 2 gas yet, you might have to use a forge + 1 or 2 cannons to hold it. But with the 3gate sentry FE build, you cannot lose to this unless you miss a forcefield or something.
@lyrlian on twitter! Caster for ESET, WCS and various other events.
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
April 24 2011 23:57 GMT
#171
You must have missed my other posts. I have also stated how easy this build is to scout as well. The 13pool/12gas is actually pretty easy to scout. zerg 13 food = protoss 13 food, and then if you suspect it, you hid your probe until 4 min, then run it in and see the roach warren. you should always be able to see the roach warren also, because he won't have speed at 4min. If by some chance you don't get in to see it, just play it safe and make sentries.
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
haylmfao
Profile Joined January 2011
124 Posts
April 25 2011 00:17 GMT
#172
So this build is down to a second, your post is saying stuff like "if you get speed 2 seconds late he'll have 3 sentries and you're dead" without mentioning rush distances even once.
So my question is, is this a guide for close pos Metalopolis, Xel'Naga or maybe Tal'darim?
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
April 25 2011 03:31 GMT
#173
On April 25 2011 09:17 haylmfao wrote:
So this build is down to a second, your post is saying stuff like "if you get speed 2 seconds late he'll have 3 sentries and you're dead" without mentioning rush distances even once.
So my question is, is this a guide for close pos Metalopolis, Xel'Naga or maybe Tal'darim?


The mentioning of map distances is only partially relevant to this build. Speedlings travel incredibly fast and are able to close the distance very well on long rush distances. The build execution, on the other hand, is core. Your timing is before the third sentry gets out; any delays in your build order will set you behind considerably. Get speed to late and you've lost

I personally have died to this on Xel'Naga caverns, definately works there. Metalopolis far spawn you need that overlord on its way there very early, its rather difficult. Tal'Darim has the advantage of wide "ramp" with no high ground to deny vision, so even crossmap the rush does well. Distance isn't much of a concern.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
DirtySynapse
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7 Posts
April 25 2011 03:48 GMT
#174
I just barely beat this strat as a toss twenty minutes ago.

User was warned for this post
Keepin It One Hunnit-
waffleburger
Profile Joined March 2011
United States15 Posts
April 25 2011 18:32 GMT
#175
in my modest 500+ ladder games as a high diamond player, I find this build works against:
4gate
3gate expo
2gate stargate
3gate DT cheese
3gate robo

Forge FE is the best build for PvZ anyway, on most maps at least.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Cerezo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States4 Posts
April 25 2011 21:42 GMT
#176
I am no master but I use a similar build for 2v2s since I don't play 1's much. If you go 10 pool, drone, gas (delay mining til the OL pops), drone, lord, drone, warren to a total of 12 drones, the roaches are out the door at 4 min. Then you make a lord, 2 pairs of lings and a queen. You won't have speed done but it hits much earlier than 15 drone build, at which time the opponent would only have 1 unit. I have no seen anyone mentioning about it so I wonder if it works in 1's.
wzp
Profile Joined January 2011
Mexico9 Posts
April 25 2011 22:24 GMT
#177
I have updated the text with some transitions and tips for 4 player maps, better check it out

WZP WZP WZP WZP :O
pew pew
Angry.Zerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico305 Posts
April 25 2011 23:42 GMT
#178
Awesome, thnx WZP
You play to win
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
April 26 2011 03:06 GMT
#179
So yea this strat is going to be nulified if blizzard implements the decreased gateway unit times.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
April 26 2011 03:32 GMT
#180
On April 26 2011 07:24 wzp wrote:
I have updated the text with some transitions and tips for 4 player maps, better check it out

WZP WZP WZP WZP :O

Can you update the OP with some replays?
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 674
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko385
OGKoka 223
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51201
Calm 3714
Shuttle 1791
Bisu 1214
FanTaSy 873
firebathero 370
Zeus 319
Hyuk 287
Stork 264
Soma 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 219
Mini 214
Rush 156
Light 148
Soulkey 132
EffOrt 123
Last 118
Snow 90
ZerO 80
Mong 75
Dewaltoss 72
Pusan 65
NotJumperer 47
Bale 41
Killer 39
Barracks 39
JYJ 39
Free 38
Shinee 34
sorry 33
Noble 32
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 28
hero 25
Aegong 22
Sharp 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5013
Dendi488
League of Legends
JimRising 301
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1372
kRYSTAL_311
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns36685
singsing1924
B2W.Neo455
crisheroes281
DeMusliM175
Livibee51
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
OSC
10h 24m
Replay Cast
11h 9m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.