• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:52
CEST 20:52
KST 03:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7974 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 309

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 307 308 309 310 311 900 Next
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 03 2011 04:45 GMT
#6161
What's the obvious zerg counter to zealot archon?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 03 2011 05:16 GMT
#6162
On August 03 2011 13:22 Peterblue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2011 12:46 Fat Ninja wrote:
for zergs.... how do you keep track of your queen injections? do you just "know" when it's time to inject because you're used to it? do you hotkey a queen or a hatch separately in order to be able to check on it by tapping the hotkey once so you don't have to look away from your army? or do you just visually check by double tapping the hotkey for your queens/hatches?

I played about 800 games as Zerg, and by the middle-end of it I was able to get an instinctual sense for when my larva would pop. I never checked.

There is a notification at the left of the screen that has a little larva portrait to let you know when larva pops. I think you'll also hear the "PLOP" sound of larva falling off regardless of where you are currently looking on the map.
On August 03 2011 13:45 Probe1 wrote:
What's the obvious zerg counter to zealot archon?

I'd say roach/baneling, or possibly even pure roaches would do fine. Though, in terms of what would be the best at killing it, counter-chart style, then brood-lords are the way to go.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
August 03 2011 05:18 GMT
#6163
During late games (or mid to late game) as zerg, how do you deal with a mixed terran army? (marines, tanks, hellions and thors with medivacs). I seem to get blown up before I can actually reach him :\ I had brood lords at one point but I kept getting sniped by vikings.

and against toss, how does one deal with mass stalkers/immortals/colossi? with a few sentries here and there. Whenever toss gets a good amount of colossi, its really difficult to take toss on :\
Aiyeeeee
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 03 2011 05:18 GMT
#6164
Heh, yeah brood lords would be nice if I could convince my opponent to just hang tight on that composition for the rest of the match. Thanks Soluhwin, I went into panic mode after cannon then DT cheese and went roach infestor. Didn't end well. Next time I'll get overlord sacs and banesss

Thank you.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
August 03 2011 05:37 GMT
#6165
In what order: Aggression then start expand, or expand THEN aggression?
Rock, Paper, Scissors
birdkicker
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States752 Posts
August 03 2011 05:38 GMT
#6166
What are some tournaments online that i can do to get myself in TLPD? Do i make one myself or will i be automatically inputted after said tournament?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 03 2011 05:42 GMT
#6167
On August 03 2011 14:37 closey wrote:
In what order: Aggression then start expand, or expand THEN aggression?

What races are being played and what is your opponent doing?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Shadyf0o
Profile Joined June 2010
63 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-03 06:09:46
August 03 2011 05:53 GMT
#6168
Why are tanks not used in pvt? Immortals may be strong against them, but they cannot be made in bulk the same way tanks can. I have more success in pvt when I use marines, tanks and vikings, especially when the protoss are using colossus. They absorb storms better than bio balls as well. I realize that they are not as micro friendly, but they have been getting the job done for me in diamond.

Maybe this strategy only works for me because protoss don't expect tanks from terran. lol! I keep encountering the same mid-late game armies: few colossus, zealots, stalkers and high templar. An army of marines, tanks, vikings, and ravens owns this composition in my experience. Oh and medivavs. Need those in case your marines catch an unlucky spray from the colossus. Obviously you need to micro. If these two armies were to run into each other i think the protoss would win. But if you keep your tanks in the right places and don't let your bio balls catch too many colossus sprays without medivac support, it works really well. And should your opponent decide to tech up to any sort of air (like my last opponent), you are already prepared with the vikings, which discourages your opponent from considering air as a last resort. The raven eliminates the chance for any sneaky DTs too.
xylidine
Profile Joined June 2009
United States42 Posts
August 03 2011 06:56 GMT
#6169
On August 03 2011 14:53 Shadyf0o wrote:
Why are tanks not used in pvt? Immortals may be strong against them, but they cannot be made in bulk the same way tanks can. I have more success in pvt when I use marines, tanks and vikings, especially when the protoss are using colossus. They absorb storms better than bio balls as well. I realize that they are not as micro friendly, but they have been getting the job done for me in diamond.

Maybe this strategy only works for me because protoss don't expect tanks from terran. lol! I keep encountering the same mid-late game armies: few colossus, zealots, stalkers and high templar. An army of marines, tanks, vikings, and ravens owns this composition in my experience. Oh and medivavs. Need those in case your marines catch an unlucky spray from the colossus. Obviously you need to micro. If these two armies were to run into each other i think the protoss would win. But if you keep your tanks in the right places and don't let your bio balls catch too many colossus sprays without medivac support, it works really well. And should your opponent decide to tech up to any sort of air (like my last opponent), you are already prepared with the vikings, which discourages your opponent from considering air as a last resort. The raven eliminates the chance for any sneaky DTs too.


Easy counter to tanks would be chargelots (which are much cheaper), or even blink starkers.

WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
August 03 2011 07:20 GMT
#6170
On August 03 2011 15:56 xylidine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2011 14:53 Shadyf0o wrote:
Why are tanks not used in pvt? Immortals may be strong against them, but they cannot be made in bulk the same way tanks can. I have more success in pvt when I use marines, tanks and vikings, especially when the protoss are using colossus. They absorb storms better than bio balls as well. I realize that they are not as micro friendly, but they have been getting the job done for me in diamond.

Maybe this strategy only works for me because protoss don't expect tanks from terran. lol! I keep encountering the same mid-late game armies: few colossus, zealots, stalkers and high templar. An army of marines, tanks, vikings, and ravens owns this composition in my experience. Oh and medivavs. Need those in case your marines catch an unlucky spray from the colossus. Obviously you need to micro. If these two armies were to run into each other i think the protoss would win. But if you keep your tanks in the right places and don't let your bio balls catch too many colossus sprays without medivac support, it works really well. And should your opponent decide to tech up to any sort of air (like my last opponent), you are already prepared with the vikings, which discourages your opponent from considering air as a last resort. The raven eliminates the chance for any sneaky DTs too.


Easy counter to tanks would be chargelots (which are much cheaper), or even blink starkers.


Also, there is a MAJOR issue with mobility. For example, look at Metalopolis: you will have to have 1/2 your tanks protecting your third, and 1/2 protecting your nat. So the Protoss will simply run over each half of your army at a time(although you can wall off with spare buildings so they can't actually reach your tanks). Also, Tanks no longer have the range or damage that they used to in BW, and they're simply worse in about every conceivable way. However, I have gone Tank Hellion in TvP before and it is surprisingly good(until they get AtG).
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Knockoutpill
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden23 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-03 08:52:21
August 03 2011 08:46 GMT
#6171
How do you carpet bomb with several medivacs?

I figured out how to carbet bomb with just a few medivacs: I click shift + d to queue up the deploy command and then click the medivac itself (for location) and then I queue up another move command with the medivac. Then it will start dropping while moving to the second location thus carpet bombing its cargo.

But what's a good way to do it when I have many medivacs? Say I have six medivacs. I can issue the click + shift d command on all of them at once, but then I have to individually click each and every one of them when carpet bombing takes a few seconds and it's hard to get that time in the heat of battle. I can of course queue up the command while the medivacs are flying to their target, is that how people do it? Or is there a better way of carpet bombing than to individually click every medivac (to set the drop target to themselves)?
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2064646/Kyuss
Knockoutpill
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden23 Posts
August 03 2011 08:48 GMT
#6172
How do I quickly load of many medivacs (or overlords or warp prisms)?

The way I do it is to select all the units that I am about to load up into the drop ships and then I right click each and every drop ship. But if the drop ships are clumped up it's sometimes hard to click all of them. Is there a better way, a way to have the drop ships pick up all units under them all at once?

When I see the pros do it the drop ships pick up all units in like a tenth of a second. Maybe they click that fast, but I keep thinking they know of a better way of doing this...
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2064646/Kyuss
Knockoutpill
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden23 Posts
August 03 2011 08:51 GMT
#6173
What's the best way to get an SCV to go back to mining directly after having built a building?

I shift click a mineral patch to have that queued up, but I noticed there's the C and G hot keys. I tried just hitting shift C but C is only available for SCV's that are carrying minerals and that's not always the case for me (in fact that's very rarely the case because I try to pick the SCV's that don't carry minerals).

So is there a better way than to start building something and then shift clicking a mineral patch?
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2064646/Kyuss
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 03 2011 09:03 GMT
#6174
On August 03 2011 17:51 Knockoutpill wrote:
What's the best way to get an SCV to go back to mining directly after having built a building?

I shift click a mineral patch to have that queued up, but I noticed there's the C and G hot keys. I tried just hitting shift C but C is only available for SCV's that are carrying minerals and that's not always the case for me (in fact that's very rarely the case because I try to pick the SCV's that don't carry minerals).

So is there a better way than to start building something and then shift clicking a mineral patch?


Using right-click is fine-- you don't need to use a specific hotkey. this works for both naked scvs and scvs holding resources.. If the scv is carrying minerals, it'll return the minerals before resuming mining.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
August 03 2011 09:05 GMT
#6175
On August 03 2011 17:51 Knockoutpill wrote:
What's the best way to get an SCV to go back to mining directly after having built a building?

I shift click a mineral patch to have that queued up, but I noticed there's the C and G hot keys. I tried just hitting shift C but C is only available for SCV's that are carrying minerals and that's not always the case for me (in fact that's very rarely the case because I try to pick the SCV's that don't carry minerals).

So is there a better way than to start building something and then shift clicking a mineral patch?

No, shift clicking back to minerals is the most optimal technique.
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
August 03 2011 09:14 GMT
#6176
On August 03 2011 17:46 Knockoutpill wrote:
How do you carpet bomb with several medivacs?

I figured out how to carbet bomb with just a few medivacs: I click shift + d to queue up the deploy command and then click the medivac itself (for location) and then I queue up another move command with the medivac. Then it will start dropping while moving to the second location thus carpet bombing its cargo.

But what's a good way to do it when I have many medivacs? Say I have six medivacs. I can issue the click + shift d command on all of them at once, but then I have to individually click each and every one of them when carpet bombing takes a few seconds and it's hard to get that time in the heat of battle. I can of course queue up the command while the medivacs are flying to their target, is that how people do it? Or is there a better way of carpet bombing than to individually click every medivac (to set the drop target to themselves)?

You just fly over where you want to drop the units and hold down D, then simply click all the medivacs you want to drop with.

If it's still hard for you then check out this.

On August 03 2011 17:48 Knockoutpill wrote:
How do I quickly load of many medivacs (or overlords or warp prisms)?

The way I do it is to select all the units that I am about to load up into the drop ships and then I right click each and every drop ship. But if the drop ships are clumped up it's sometimes hard to click all of them. Is there a better way, a way to have the drop ships pick up all units under them all at once?

When I see the pros do it the drop ships pick up all units in like a tenth of a second. Maybe they click that fast, but I keep thinking they know of a better way of doing this...

The fastest way to do it is to just box all your units and shift+right click all your medivacs. Making the medivacs pick up all your unit is not possible.
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-03 09:38:39
August 03 2011 09:36 GMT
#6177
edit: posted in the zerg help me thread as it seems to be more appropriate, sorry!
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
Knockoutpill
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden23 Posts
August 03 2011 09:51 GMT
#6178
On August 03 2011 18:14 MaderA wrote:
You just fly over where you want to drop the units and hold down D, then simply click all the medivacs you want to drop with.

If it's still hard for you then check out this.

Show nested quote +
On August 03 2011 17:48 Knockoutpill wrote:
How do I quickly load of many medivacs (or overlords or warp prisms)?

The way I do it is to select all the units that I am about to load up into the drop ships and then I right click each and every drop ship. But if the drop ships are clumped up it's sometimes hard to click all of them. Is there a better way, a way to have the drop ships pick up all units under them all at once?

When I see the pros do it the drop ships pick up all units in like a tenth of a second. Maybe they click that fast, but I keep thinking they know of a better way of doing this...

The fastest way to do it is to just box all your units and shift+right click all your medivacs. Making the medivacs pick up all your unit is not possible.


Ok thanks. Then it's what I thought. I'm just too bad at micro (30 APM) to do it as fast as the pros. It looks like they just hit one key to carpet bomb with all drop ships / overlords however many drop ships or overlords there may be and the same with picking up units, but I guess that's what being pro is like.
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2064646/Kyuss
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
August 03 2011 12:36 GMT
#6179
On August 03 2011 18:51 Knockoutpill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2011 18:14 MaderA wrote:
You just fly over where you want to drop the units and hold down D, then simply click all the medivacs you want to drop with.

If it's still hard for you then check out this.

On August 03 2011 17:48 Knockoutpill wrote:
How do I quickly load of many medivacs (or overlords or warp prisms)?

The way I do it is to select all the units that I am about to load up into the drop ships and then I right click each and every drop ship. But if the drop ships are clumped up it's sometimes hard to click all of them. Is there a better way, a way to have the drop ships pick up all units under them all at once?

When I see the pros do it the drop ships pick up all units in like a tenth of a second. Maybe they click that fast, but I keep thinking they know of a better way of doing this...

The fastest way to do it is to just box all your units and shift+right click all your medivacs. Making the medivacs pick up all your unit is not possible.


Ok thanks. Then it's what I thought. I'm just too bad at micro (30 APM) to do it as fast as the pros. It looks like they just hit one key to carpet bomb with all drop ships / overlords however many drop ships or overlords there may be and the same with picking up units, but I guess that's what being pro is like.

There is one way to drop with all the medivacs. Just select them all and press D on the ground. This technique is not carpet bombing though.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
August 03 2011 15:22 GMT
#6180
On August 03 2011 18:05 MaderA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2011 17:51 Knockoutpill wrote:
What's the best way to get an SCV to go back to mining directly after having built a building?

I shift click a mineral patch to have that queued up, but I noticed there's the C and G hot keys. I tried just hitting shift C but C is only available for SCV's that are carrying minerals and that's not always the case for me (in fact that's very rarely the case because I try to pick the SCV's that don't carry minerals).

So is there a better way than to start building something and then shift clicking a mineral patch?

No, shift clicking back to minerals is the most optimal technique.


Get in the habit of using scvs that are carrying minerals so that you can shift c. The delayed 5 minerals is worth the click (and potentially screen move) that you save.
Prev 1 307 308 309 310 311 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 296
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6066
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3395
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt555
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor199
Livibee193
C9.Mang0140
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 80
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2304
Other Games
• imaqtpie757
• Shiphtur686
• tFFMrPink 5
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 8m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 8m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.