• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:16
CEST 04:16
KST 11:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9983 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 307

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 305 306 307 308 309 900 Next
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
August 01 2011 19:31 GMT
#6121
Thanks so much Blazinghand and Galtdunn. <3<3<3

Just one question unanswered: At what point do I throw down a scan/scout to figure out whether he's going Collosus or HT/Archon? What game time, or after building what should i throw down this scan?

Also, the only reason the BO goes on past 30ish supply is that its assuming no major engagement has taken place yet.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
August 01 2011 19:40 GMT
#6122
On August 02 2011 04:31 -Aura- wrote:
Thanks so much Blazinghand and Galtdunn. <3<3<3

Just one question unanswered: At what point do I throw down a scan/scout to figure out whether he's going Collosus or HT/Archon? What game time, or after building what should i throw down this scan?

Also, the only reason the BO goes on past 30ish supply is that its assuming no major engagement has taken place yet.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. :D

Well like I said I don't play terran (or protoss) so i'm not sure exactly when. I'd guess ~8 minutes, maybe 7:00. With 7:00 you might only get the robo or twilight tho, although that's a pretty big indicator in itself. So about when youre first medivacs are popping out? That might be too late. I'm really unsure about the timings.

The best way to do it is to go watch a replay of a protoss. See when they throw down their tech, then see what's going on in your base at the exact time he does that.
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
August 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#6123
On August 02 2011 04:40 galtdunn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:31 -Aura- wrote:
Thanks so much Blazinghand and Galtdunn. <3<3<3

Just one question unanswered: At what point do I throw down a scan/scout to figure out whether he's going Collosus or HT/Archon? What game time, or after building what should i throw down this scan?

Also, the only reason the BO goes on past 30ish supply is that its assuming no major engagement has taken place yet.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. :D

Well like I said I don't play terran (or protoss) so i'm not sure exactly when. I'd guess ~8 minutes, maybe 7:00. With 7:00 you might only get the robo or twilight tho, although that's a pretty big indicator in itself. So about when youre first medivacs are popping out? That might be too late. I'm really unsure about the timings.

The best way to do it is to go watch a replay of a protoss. See when they throw down their tech, then see what's going on in your base at the exact time he does that.


Ah, thanks alot.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
Fist
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands235 Posts
August 01 2011 20:17 GMT
#6124
What is the reason terran never mass marauder in TvT? Marauders seem to eat everything a terran normally goes, tanks helions and vikings
Have you ever realized just how insignificant your existence on this planet really is?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 20:26:20
August 01 2011 20:25 GMT
#6125
On August 02 2011 05:17 Fist wrote:
What is the reason terran never mass marauder in TvT? Marauders seem to eat everything a terran normally goes, tanks helions and vikings


They don't shoot air and tanks in high number do fine against marauders. Marauders are good defensively but you can't really use them to attack into high tank counts. They also don't hold positions as well as tanks do. So all round they not something you want to strictly mass. They good as a supplement to an army though.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 20:30:30
August 01 2011 20:30 GMT
#6126
On August 02 2011 05:17 Fist wrote:
What is the reason terran never mass marauder in TvT? Marauders seem to eat everything a terran normally goes, tanks helions and vikings


Although marauders are acceptable in small numbers against tanks, or away from chokes, their strength is in their mobility and against unsieged tanks. In large numbers, their short range causes them to trip over each other and get splashed down by tanks pretty easily. Their ability to assert map/space control is lesser, as well. You'll see terran players going for mass maruader with tank support against hellion/tank, and try to use tanks for space control, and either drop with marauders, or engage small numbers / unsieged tanks.

At some point, though, if you have to attack into a defended position of tanks with marauders, there will be terrible terrible death for your bio.

Also, unlike marines they don't shoot air, and unlike hellions they don't crush marines. they're often used specifically against hellions.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
jshnaidz
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada57 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 22:16:11
August 01 2011 22:13 GMT
#6127
zvt how do you stop a marine scv all in on typhon peaks? Can't scout with overlord in this position and he didn't reveal anything to my zerglings when i ran them up his ramp. I even made 2 extra spine crawlers before i scouted it just because all terran does lately are all ins. He just ran up my ramp and won. If I build more zerglings preemptively I lose to any macro play

Replay
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
August 01 2011 22:22 GMT
#6128
On August 02 2011 07:13 jshnaidz wrote:
zvt how do you stop a marine scv all in on typhon peaks? Can't scout with overlord in this position and he didn't reveal anything to my zerglings when i ran them up his ramp. I even made 2 extra spine crawlers before i scouted it just because all terran does lately are all ins. He just ran up my ramp and won. If I build more zerglings preemptively I lose to any macro play

Replay


There was a thread on this a while ago, someone who cheesed their way up to high masters with this build. The only thing you can do is try and get an ovie there asap, otherwise its nigh unscoutable. You probably didn't do anything wrong, it's just an extremely effective cheese.

Best thing to do is keep a ling outside his ramp and scout it coming and hope you have time to react. and practice your gosu micro
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 01 2011 23:34 GMT
#6129
On August 02 2011 07:13 jshnaidz wrote:
zvt how do you stop a marine scv all in on typhon peaks? Can't scout with overlord in this position and he didn't reveal anything to my zerglings when i ran them up his ramp. I even made 2 extra spine crawlers before i scouted it just because all terran does lately are all ins. He just ran up my ramp and won. If I build more zerglings preemptively I lose to any macro play

Replay

You'll want to use your drones and scvs to keep the terran near the spine crawlers. Just constantly block the terran from moving where you don't want him/her to.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Snoogle
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada71 Posts
August 02 2011 00:49 GMT
#6130
Been a while since I've played. PvP is back to 4gating from what I gather. What's the updated version build order of the fast 4gate?
~the munch~
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
August 02 2011 01:14 GMT
#6131
On August 02 2011 09:49 Snoogle wrote:
Been a while since I've played. PvP is back to 4gating from what I gather. What's the updated version build order of the fast 4gate?

One less chrono on Nexus and one more on WG research.
ReptarS
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
August 02 2011 01:21 GMT
#6132
How do I make infestors launch multiple infested terrans instead of one at a time? When they're burrowed, I give them the move command and then shift-T and click everywhere I want the terrans to go. The infestors drop them slower than I've seen people do in games. Is there a correct way to micro infested terran harass?
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
August 02 2011 01:37 GMT
#6133
On August 02 2011 10:21 ReptarS wrote:
How do I make infestors launch multiple infested terrans instead of one at a time? When they're burrowed, I give them the move command and then shift-T and click everywhere I want the terrans to go. The infestors drop them slower than I've seen people do in games. Is there a correct way to micro infested terran harass?


You have the right idea. One thing that can as you say, make the eggs "drop slower" is if all the infestors cant reach where you've shift queued the move command. For instance if you shift queue in a narrow spot between two depots and minerals, only one infestor might reach the move command point. Therefore, only that infestor will launch eggs as his buddies circle him like brain dead sharks.
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
flamoose
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2 Posts
August 02 2011 01:39 GMT
#6134
whats a solid answer to a tank push before mutas come out in zvt?
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
August 02 2011 01:48 GMT
#6135
On August 02 2011 10:39 flamoose wrote:
whats a solid answer to a tank push before mutas come out in zvt?


having a good idea of when the terran plans to push. Delay as much as you can while he moves across the map, see if you can get him to siege up. Other than that get lots of units.

If this is a reoccurring issue for you, try getting either melee or carapace +1 quickly, and faster bling speed. Your mutas will be slower but if a terran has a good read on your timing they can kill you if you get too greedy.
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
lizzard_warish
Profile Joined June 2011
589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-02 03:14:36
August 02 2011 03:14 GMT
#6136
What are you suppose to do in PVT on Xelnaga? Assuming it gets to the mid game [ I refuse to cheese as I want to improve] it seems like the terran can just grab his gold third, virtually uncontestably and then has a two foot rush distance into my side of the map. How am I suppose to harass or exert any degree of pressure?
PenguinWithNuke
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
250 Posts
August 02 2011 03:26 GMT
#6137
For all zerg builds, when should I do my drone scouting (other than the obvious OL scout)?

I'm confused because I saw some posts saying not to scout vs. T, but also, I was watching Destiny's stream, and he said not to drone scout vs. P. So I'm confused.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 02 2011 03:37 GMT
#6138
On August 02 2011 12:26 PenguinWithNuke wrote:
For all zerg builds, when should I do my drone scouting (other than the obvious OL scout)?

I'm confused because I saw some posts saying not to scout vs. T, but also, I was watching Destiny's stream, and he said not to drone scout vs. P. So I'm confused.

It depends when you see need to see something that you'll need to adjust for. If you do the same thing every game, you probably don't need to scout at all, though this is such a rare occurrence for zerg in particular. I rally my 12th drone to scout against terran because if I scout them first or second with that drone, it should make it through the wall off in time so I can see if my opponent took a gas geyser. If I send my drone the complete wrong direction and scout last, well it's okay because that's the direction I sent my overlord. As for what I'm looking for and why I need to see the gas timing: I always hatch first vs terran, so if I see a no gas opener then it is either 2rax, in which case I'll need my pool quicker, or a one rax expand, in which case it is okay to get zergling speed later so I can skip on my own gas. So if I see no gas, then I'll make my pool before my extractor on 16. If I do see a gas from my opponent, then it will most likely be hellion pressure so I'll need a fast ling speed to re-take map control as soon as possible, so I'll put my gas down before pool on 16.

Anyways, don't be confused about what other people say. Take it as your own personal preference, you don't need to copy every single element about your play from these forums, just do what works out for you.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 02 2011 03:42 GMT
#6139
On August 02 2011 10:39 flamoose wrote:
whats a solid answer to a tank push before mutas come out in zvt?

The key in this case is patience, and delaying the terran. This is one reason creep is so important to spread in the early game, because a terran player who pushes onto creep against banelings is pretty much dead. Another thing to remember is that siege tanks don't kill structures too fast, so even if the terran is in range of your hatch, you still have plenty of time left as long as you don't panic. Just wait for baneling speed to finish and go for it as soon as you have a good angle set up against the terran. You never engage unless you absolutely have to, so even if the terran is on your creep and right in front of you, that's still no excuse to get hasty and throw units at the opposing army.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
GrapeD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada679 Posts
August 02 2011 03:48 GMT
#6140
On August 02 2011 10:39 flamoose wrote:
whats a solid answer to a tank push before mutas come out in zvt?


Something else that you can do to actually deal with it when the time comes is to get a good flank. what you want to do is to roll banelings in the front as a group of lings runs around behind and traps the marines. Its still pretty tough to do but with practice it will become pretty easy. If you do manage to kill all the marines with the flank the tanks should be pretty easy to clean up.

When you send the banelings in i like to send a group of 3-5 lings within the tank range first to soak up a volley of tank shots. It helps the banes stay alive more until they contact the terran.
Some people hurt people. I defenestrate those people.
Prev 1 305 306 307 308 309 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
RuFF_SC2 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1313
Rain 709
Artosis 609
Dewaltoss 55
NaDa 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
Doublelift3797
Counter-Strike
taco 506
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox587
Other Games
summit1g8096
WinterStarcraft301
C9.Mang0296
Maynarde137
ViBE119
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 44m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.