• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:33
CEST 11:33
KST 18:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8852 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 290

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 288 289 290 291 292 900 Next
soccercasanova
Profile Joined July 2011
Argentina21 Posts
July 25 2011 05:19 GMT
#5781
Hey guys, This is my first post and I hope you can give me a simple answer as i think, it may be a simple question. If not, then I am sorry, I just can't start my own post yet. Silver league, i still consider myself noob

See the attached replay, I win this replay vs a terran (ZvT) and I am using a Spanishiwa style strategy. Nothing I do is perfect, or even close, but I am still getting down the core parts (scouting, early build timers, etc) Basically, if i had been playing against a different opponent with a little more skill I probably would have lost. This was probably the best game I have had, ever, in terms of all around performance, but I think that has a lot to do with my opponent. I tried to scout earlier, but didnt work, but I tried. I expanded succesfully and quickly. I fended off a weak scout. I saw the type of force he was trying to mass (MM) so i quickly went banelin and burrow so i could baneling mine kill the bulk of their force, which worked.
Basically, I can't figure out how to spend minerals fast enough.
Should I just build more and more hatcheries?
I find teching to be gas exhaustive, perhaps hatcheries so i can build extractor bases? then if i run short on minerals move my mains force there? I dunno. Thanks for the simple help.Download Replay
AustinCM
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada275 Posts
July 25 2011 05:21 GMT
#5782
What are standard openers and gas timings etc for each match up?

I know im gona be using 2 rax fe against zerg and maybe the 2 rax fe with 2 marauders conc shells and 1 marine against toss but idk if that is standard.

I just need to know the most standard builds for TvT and TvP, preferably the expand builds if there are ones.
"Somewhere, Something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
July 25 2011 05:32 GMT
#5783
On July 25 2011 14:19 soccercasanova wrote:
Hey guys, This is my first post and I hope you can give me a simple answer as i think, it may be a simple question. If not, then I am sorry, I just can't start my own post yet. Silver league, i still consider myself noob

See the attached replay, I win this replay vs a terran (ZvT) and I am using a Spanishiwa style strategy. Nothing I do is perfect, or even close, but I am still getting down the core parts (scouting, early build timers, etc) Basically, if i had been playing against a different opponent with a little more skill I probably would have lost. This was probably the best game I have had, ever, in terms of all around performance, but I think that has a lot to do with my opponent. I tried to scout earlier, but didnt work, but I tried. I expanded succesfully and quickly. I fended off a weak scout. I saw the type of force he was trying to mass (MM) so i quickly went banelin and burrow so i could baneling mine kill the bulk of their force, which worked.
Basically, I can't figure out how to spend minerals fast enough.
Should I just build more and more hatcheries?
I find teching to be gas exhaustive, perhaps hatcheries so i can build extractor bases? then if i run short on minerals move my mains force there? I dunno. Thanks for the simple help.Download Replay

If you want to spend your minerals more you just need to learn to inject better, most pros I see rarely have macro hatches, and if they do it is one or two.

If you feel your minerals too high anyway, take another base and defend it with 3 spine crawlers if it is far away, this will give you the extra few seconds to react to a drop without losing your hatch/drones.

Lose its good, after will be win.
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
July 25 2011 05:32 GMT
#5784
On July 25 2011 14:21 AustinCM wrote:
What are standard openers and gas timings etc for each match up?

I know im gona be using 2 rax fe against zerg and maybe the 2 rax fe with 2 marauders conc shells and 1 marine against toss but idk if that is standard.

I just need to know the most standard builds for TvT and TvP, preferably the expand builds if there are ones.

There is no simple answer to that T.T
Lose its good, after will be win.
AustinCM
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada275 Posts
July 25 2011 05:39 GMT
#5785
On July 25 2011 14:32 Jesushooves wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2011 14:21 AustinCM wrote:
What are standard openers and gas timings etc for each match up?

I know im gona be using 2 rax fe against zerg and maybe the 2 rax fe with 2 marauders conc shells and 1 marine against toss but idk if that is standard.

I just need to know the most standard builds for TvT and TvP, preferably the expand builds if there are ones.

There is no simple answer to that T.T

Yes there is, like for zerg the standard ZvT is 15 hatch 14 pool 17 ovy 17 gas lair at 6:30 baneling nest next grab all ur gases around that time, if there is no pressure.

but i don't know anything about terran so im just triyng to get started i just did a 2 rax and it got crushed because i didnt know if i shud rally in marines 1 at a time or what.
"Somewhere, Something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 25 2011 07:00 GMT
#5786
On July 25 2011 12:56 bankai wrote:
In PvP, I use the korean 3 stalker robo build and have 2 questions:

1) When I see the enemy probe putting a pylon down to ready a 4gate push, do I use my stalkers to attack the probe or destroy the proxy pylon?

2) I got beaten by someone on taldarem altar where I used this build, and he went 13 gate 17 gate, then CB'ed mass zealots and attacked my probe line. Although I could kite them with my zealots, I ran my probes away from his zealots, but eventually I lost so much mining time and my stalkers take awhile to kill the zealots (there was like 6 of them at least) that he just outmacroed me. What should I do to respond to this? Forge and cannon defense to stop him then tech up?? Sorry no replay saved so just asking this question in a typical situation


1) Obviously the probe, the probe can make more proxy pylons and it only takes 4 shots to kill it. Don't chase after it too far though.

2) Can't say for sure without replay, but it sounds like your micro is what's failing you.
Genesiss
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom29 Posts
July 25 2011 07:37 GMT
#5787
Does Blizzard take into account a race change when calculating your MMR and finding you a game?
cleecks
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands109 Posts
July 25 2011 07:46 GMT
#5788
On July 25 2011 16:37 Genesiss wrote:
Does Blizzard take into account a race change when calculating your MMR and finding you a game?
No, but if you end up losing some games in a row your MMR will drop quite fast and it will eventually match you against people that are around the same level.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 08:06:25
July 25 2011 08:04 GMT
#5789
On July 25 2011 16:37 Genesiss wrote:
Does Blizzard take into account a race change when calculating your MMR and finding you a game?


no. your mrr is independent of what race you choose when matchmaking.

EDIT: ninjad rather heavily



I might as well add a question, then:

when do / should you get ravens in TvP when the protoss player does a fast expo with DTs
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Tyman
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1 Post
July 25 2011 08:12 GMT
#5790
What is the best army against PvZ (I am P) when they go mainly roaches with some hydras and a bunch of corruptors / broodlords?? Lately I've been going voids, hts, and zealots

and

What is good against PvT?? When they either go even marines and marauders???? or when they go super marauders heavy with vikings and a few medivacs?? I usually go zealot, stalker, colossus, and eventually ht, but this is always a super close battle. Would voids be good here?? or something else?
.Amon.
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany64 Posts
July 25 2011 08:35 GMT
#5791
PvZ you should go for standard Collossus/Stalker/Zealot and a few Sentries until the Zerg has about 8 Corruptors. At that point you should switch into an Immortal HT Zealot combination with some archons to tank. Remember that Blink is almost always viable depending on how good you can multitask and micro.
Xaeldaren
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland588 Posts
July 25 2011 08:37 GMT
#5792
How do you deal with a cannon rush in pvp?

I wasn't able to respond in time and just lost outright: http://www.sc-replay.com/replay/25-07-11/137812-ScorP-VS-Xael.html
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 08:46:41
July 25 2011 08:41 GMT
#5793
On July 25 2011 17:37 Xaeldaren wrote:
How do you deal with a cannon rush in pvp?

I wasn't able to respond in time and just lost outright: http://www.sc-replay.com/replay/25-07-11/137812-ScorP-VS-Xael.html


1. Scout it
2. Depending on how he does it, you'll probably need to pull some probes to delay it.
3. From here you can either rush for stalkers (which stops it dead in the water if it has not already reached your nexus, or place down a forge on your own and stop his canons with a canon on your own.

I do not recommend pulling all of your probes to stop it, as even if you stop it, you'll probably be behind afterwards. But then again, a canon rush can come in so many varieties, there could be some situations where you need to do it to survive..
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
July 25 2011 08:51 GMT
#5794
On July 25 2011 17:12 Tyman wrote:
What is good against PvT?? When they either go even marines and marauders???? or when they go super marauders heavy with vikings and a few medivacs?? I usually go zealot, stalker, colossus, and eventually ht, but this is always a super close battle. Would voids be good here?? or something else?


Voids is not a good option PvT, unless you open with them. zealot, stalker, sentry and collosus is a good armymix. Just make sure to pick your battles. You want to engage him in chokes if possible. And use your forcefields to make chokes/block of half of his army.

Remember upgrades (easy to forget in PvT)!

In lategame I would probably transition into ht with the collosus. One is good, but if you have both you'll be unstoppable in a straight up battle.
boon2537
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States905 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 09:09:48
July 25 2011 08:51 GMT
#5795
On July 25 2011 14:21 AustinCM wrote:
What are standard openers and gas timings etc for each match up?

I know im gona be using 2 rax fe against zerg and maybe the 2 rax fe with 2 marauders conc shells and 1 marine against toss but idk if that is standard.

I just need to know the most standard builds for TvT and TvP, preferably the expand builds if there are ones.


Here. Searching is your friend. Also, if you're gonna 2rax vs Zerg, read this guide at the opener tag, and for 2raxing in TvP, I recommend Qxc's 2 rax, which is...
10depot
12rax
15gas
@100%rax OC, marine- and another marine after that
@150 mineral start 2nd rax (try not to let protoss see it)
depot
When your second marine done, build a reactor and start pumping marines
@100% 2nd rax build a tech lab
depot
@100% techlab get marauder and slow.-when slow done, get stim
depot non stop after this

Push with 2 marauder, 2 SCV, and all marines you have. You want to scare the protoss and contain him with 2 bunkers while you get your expansion. If you are lucky, protoss might go for early expand or gets his unit in a bad position and you will win outright. Just remember to micro, macro, get expansion at some point, and RETREAT when your expansion is almost done+build 2 bunker and turret at natural for safety reasons.

When build 3rd rax, factory, engineerbay, and 2nd gas while you are building your expansion and transition from there
Video reference: http://blip.tv/learn-from-the-pros-with-mr-b/the-next-12-weeks-week-4-tvp-with-qxc-5156030

Hope this helps

EDIT:
For TvT, I use this build. It's very solid and allows you to transition to many things. In addition, I find it very hard hold many aggressive build variants off when I fast expand vs a good terran.
Emporio
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3069 Posts
July 25 2011 09:28 GMT
#5796
Is the reason PvP on Tal'darim is always 4gate because there is no ramp heading into the main and so you always have the vision necessary to warp from the natural directly into the main even with a forcefield in the way?

Or is there something else that makes the matchup an auto-4gate on this map?
How does it feel knowing you wasted another 3 seconds of your life reading this again?
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
July 25 2011 09:46 GMT
#5797
On July 25 2011 18:28 Emporio wrote:
Is the reason PvP on Tal'darim is always 4gate because there is no ramp heading into the main and so you always have the vision necessary to warp from the natural directly into the main even with a forcefield in the way?

Or is there something else that makes the matchup an auto-4gate on this map?


Not so much about vision, and more about the fact that you need 2 sentries to ff the "ramp" once. Most people going for a tch related build will only be able to queeze out one sentry in time. If you rush for 2 sentries, its safe to say you wont have any stalkers, thus your opponent can just crash in and kill you right after the first set of ff wears off.

Its not impossible though. I think there was a Day9Daily showing MC holding a 4gate on Tal'Darim with 2 sentries, and an exceptionel godly build.
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 25 2011 09:57 GMT
#5798
On July 25 2011 18:46 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2011 18:28 Emporio wrote:
Is the reason PvP on Tal'darim is always 4gate because there is no ramp heading into the main and so you always have the vision necessary to warp from the natural directly into the main even with a forcefield in the way?

Or is there something else that makes the matchup an auto-4gate on this map?


Not so much about vision, and more about the fact that you need 2 sentries to ff the "ramp" once. Most people going for a tch related build will only be able to queeze out one sentry in time. If you rush for 2 sentries, its safe to say you wont have any stalkers, thus your opponent can just crash in and kill you right after the first set of ff wears off.

Its not impossible though. I think there was a Day9Daily showing MC holding a 4gate on Tal'Darim with 2 sentries, and an exceptionel godly build.


Indeed this is correct. The reason 4-gate is so extremely common on Tal'darim is that the chokes are so insanely big. There probably are other reasons as well, maybe the fact that these is no high ground comes into play as well, but the main reason is as Emporio stated the size of the chokes both up to the natural and into the main base!
blinkblue
Profile Joined May 2010
United States119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 11:17:17
July 25 2011 11:15 GMT
#5799
In Game 1 of TT1 vs MC at Dreamhack (replay here: http://sc2rep.com/replays/download?id=10573)

MC goes for a 3gate DT rush.

My question is this:

How does he defend against a 4gate with this build? Is there something he scouted that assures him he is not being 4gated? Doesn't he just auto lose to 4gate?

Also, does he do this build as a reaction? Or is this pre-planned?

I'm just learning protoss as an offrace and would like to find builds that are not generic 4gates to learn, but it seems that this 3gate DT build will make me lose a ton of games on ladder if I start blind using it. It seems like TT1 is going for some sort of 3gate expand build? And he gets a reactionary robo, but its too late?
jornass
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium7 Posts
July 25 2011 11:20 GMT
#5800
hi sorry i'm new here so maybe they did already ask this.

what can a zerg do against a Thor,hellion and tank army ?

did tray roaches + broods but didden't really work out....
Prev 1 288 289 290 291 292 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 410
Horang2 320
Larva 269
EffOrt 247
Mind 65
Hyun 55
scan(afreeca) 47
sorry 45
Pusan 43
ggaemo 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 42
Bale 41
NotJumperer 38
Sharp 33
Sacsri 19
Shinee 19
Barracks 18
Yoon 15
Hm[arnc] 12
Noble 5
Dota 2
febbydoto103
League of Legends
JimRising 404
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1240
edward178
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Other Games
summit1g7831
ceh9663
Happy450
crisheroes193
Sick172
dupreeh76
Pyrionflax7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick557
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1076
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 27m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.