• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:02
CEST 00:02
KST 07:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9100 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 289

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 287 288 289 290 291 900 Next
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-24 11:57:24
July 24 2011 11:56 GMT
#5761
On July 24 2011 20:40 Turbogangsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2011 20:17 Probe1 wrote:
No. If you try to build a hatchery it cancels the minute you start to build it AND you lose control of the drone.

(According to unit test map.)


Sorry Animostas I don't play Protoss and I can only give you a vague ass answer like build an immo and 4 gate yourself or flip the table and 4 gate him.



another simple question kinda pointless knowledg tho.

will u lose the minerals?


if i neural parasite an infestor can i use neural from that infestor?



I don't know if you lose minerals but you can neural parasite an infestor and make a NP chain. It isn't effected by the original NP wearing off either so you could hypothetically in zvz neural one infestor then fungal and neural the rest of them down the line.

If you had Casy's apm.
None of this will realistically be part of a serious match outside of bronze league and NesTea did it.;
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Onionkebab
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark26 Posts
July 24 2011 13:06 GMT
#5762
I will begin to play random, but i have little knowlegde in zerg and protoss, and im gold terran.
How do I start so I don't lose to all my fellow gold competitors?

Murhreeens!
Everhate
Profile Joined September 2010
United States640 Posts
July 24 2011 14:27 GMT
#5763
Curious if anyone knows of some zerg players experimenting with their first 100 gas going into lair rather than something like ling speed (particularly in ZvZ, but in the other matchups as well). I know there are quite a few drawbacks to it, just wondering if anyone's come across a stable built around that opening so I can see some of the ways they deal with responses from their opponent.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
July 24 2011 15:51 GMT
#5764
On July 24 2011 22:06 Onionkebab wrote:
I will begin to play random, but i have little knowlegde in zerg and protoss, and im gold terran.
How do I start so I don't lose to all my fellow gold competitors?


I would suggest either 6/7-pooling every game with Zerg or 4-gating every game with Protoss and taking some solid builds for the other race from Liquipedia. On the one hand, I think that 6/7 pool is much easier to execute than a good 4-gate, but on the other hand, knowing how to 4-gate is actually pretty important for PvP (even if you don't do it as your build, you should know it inside and out for defensive reasons).

Once you've got solid builds that you can execute at a level you're happy with for two races, start learning solid build for the third race. That way you don't have to memorize six BOs simultaneously.
The frumious Bandersnatch
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
July 24 2011 16:28 GMT
#5765
how to beat zerg in a straight up game when playing high master / grandmaster players on eu....0 percent winrate, no cheese advice thx
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
synd
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria586 Posts
July 24 2011 18:47 GMT
#5766
On July 25 2011 00:51 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2011 22:06 Onionkebab wrote:
I will begin to play random, but i have little knowlegde in zerg and protoss, and im gold terran.
How do I start so I don't lose to all my fellow gold competitors?


I would suggest either 6/7-pooling every game with Zerg or 4-gating every game with Protoss and taking some solid builds for the other race from Liquipedia. On the one hand, I think that 6/7 pool is much easier to execute than a good 4-gate, but on the other hand, knowing how to 4-gate is actually pretty important for PvP (even if you don't do it as your build, you should know it inside and out for defensive reasons).

Once you've got solid builds that you can execute at a level you're happy with for two races, start learning solid build for the third race. That way you don't have to memorize six BOs simultaneously.

I don't see a reason why to play random and any other race unless you're not comfortable as being a terran or you just feel that you're better with an other race.
Anyway it's dumb to play random and expect wins by cheeses only. Every BO is possible to counter and one of the first things you need to learn to counter in SC2 is a 6pool. Unless you play with some really really newbies, you won't succeed as a 6pooling zerg as this BO is fairly easy to counter by pulling some workers.
About the korean 4G - it's also possible to counter but it's a more advanced BO than the 6pool and I don't think that you can fire it straight away in ladders without some practice or knowledge about it.

Again, I'll say it, stick to your race and practice it. Being a random relying on cheeses isn't successful!
nemo14
Profile Joined January 2011
United States425 Posts
July 24 2011 18:53 GMT
#5767
Does ground-based splash damage traverse ledges? Does archon splash damage injure adjacent air and ground units simultaneously regardless of the altitude of the target?

Examples

1) There are marines on the high ground. My banelings are on the low ground. If I detonate the banelings next to the cliff, will marines at the top edge of the cliff be killed?

2) There is a pack of mutalisks hovering over a pack of speedlings. If I target the mutalisks with an archon, will the speedlings be killed as well?
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
July 24 2011 18:56 GMT
#5768
On July 25 2011 03:53 nemo14 wrote:
Does ground-based splash damage traverse ledges? Does archon splash damage injure adjacent air and ground units simultaneously regardless of the altitude of the target?

Examples

1) There are marines on the high ground. My banelings are on the low ground. If I detonate the banelings next to the cliff, will marines at the top edge of the cliff be killed?

2) There is a pack of mutalisks hovering over a pack of speedlings. If I target the mutalisks with an archon, will the speedlings be killed as well?


1) Nope

2) I'm pretty sure no, but not positive.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 24 2011 19:36 GMT
#5769
On July 24 2011 23:27 Everhate wrote:
Curious if anyone knows of some zerg players experimenting with their first 100 gas going into lair rather than something like ling speed (particularly in ZvZ, but in the other matchups as well). I know there are quite a few drawbacks to it, just wondering if anyone's come across a stable built around that opening so I can see some of the ways they deal with responses from their opponent.

In ZvZ you are far too vulnerable to early roach aggression if you tech up that quickly. As for ZvP and ZvT, you really don't need to tech that quickly, especially because it cuts into your production as you can't make your first queen. I have experimented with some super fast mutalisk play against protoss FFE but it just doesn't have the economy behind it to be a solid long-term plan.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Catchafire2000
Profile Joined August 2010
United States227 Posts
July 25 2011 01:01 GMT
#5770
On July 09 2011 22:52 Geiko wrote:
9 pylon
11 cb on probes
12 gate
13 cb on probes
14 gas
16 pylon
16 cybercore -> warpgate research 5 cb
17 zealot
Cut probes at 20 probes
22 stalker
24 gateway gateway gateway
24 stalker

26 Proxy pylon
Gates into warpgate
4x stalker
Proxy pylon at ramp
4x zealots


This is the perfect PvP 4 Gate build. Do you scout on 9 or 12th probe?
jabooty
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 25 2011 01:13 GMT
#5771
On July 25 2011 10:01 Catchafire2000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 22:52 Geiko wrote:
9 pylon
11 cb on probes
12 gate
13 cb on probes
14 gas
16 pylon
16 cybercore -> warpgate research 5 cb
17 zealot
Cut probes at 20 probes
22 stalker
24 gateway gateway gateway
24 stalker

26 Proxy pylon
Gates into warpgate
4x stalker
Proxy pylon at ramp
4x zealots


This is the perfect PvP 4 Gate build. Do you scout on 9 or 12th probe?


12th probe.

The variant is to place 2 proxy pylons directly at your enemy's ramp.
geiko.813 (EU)
ccesssu
Profile Joined July 2011
United States19 Posts
July 25 2011 02:19 GMT
#5772
which drone number should i scout with? i'm very new to sc2, and am currently only going 11pool-18hatch (if that matters)
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 25 2011 02:31 GMT
#5773
On July 25 2011 11:19 ccesssu wrote:
which drone number should i scout with? i'm very new to sc2, and am currently only going 11pool-18hatch (if that matters)

It depends what what you're looking for, and when you plan on seeing something you'll need to adjust for. For example: In TvZ I opt to rally my 10th drone (after overlord) to scout so I can look for the terran's gas timing. Basically I want to see if my opponent is 2raxing as I hatch first in TvZ, so if my opponent is doing a 2 rax I will pool on 14 before gas, but if the terran isn't then I will pool on 16 after gas.

My scout timings are:
ZvT & ZvZ: rally 10th drone.
ZvP on maps where I'll expect gate first: rally on 16 and mineral walk through the wall
ZvP on maps where I'll expect forge first: rally 12th drone
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Danger_Duck
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Burkina Faso571 Posts
July 25 2011 02:41 GMT
#5774
Do shields still take full damage like from Brood war? (ex: 20 from marauder shot to zeal shield vs 10)
TBA
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
July 25 2011 02:46 GMT
#5775
On July 25 2011 11:41 Danger_Duck wrote:
Do shields still take full damage like from Brood war? (ex: 20 from marauder shot to zeal shield vs 10)


Unlike in brood war, shields take damage according to the unit type. So a hellion deals bonus damage to zealot shields, but not to stalker shields.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Philip2110
Profile Joined April 2010
Scotland798 Posts
July 25 2011 02:51 GMT
#5776
On July 25 2011 11:41 Danger_Duck wrote:
Do shields still take full damage like from Brood war? (ex: 20 from marauder shot to zeal shield vs 10)


Shields are treated like the hull of the unit. So a zealot would take 10 damage from a marauder to both shields and health. Unlike broodwar
Master Sc2 - Diamond LoL - Eu W
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
July 25 2011 03:56 GMT
#5777
In PvP, I use the korean 3 stalker robo build and have 2 questions:

1) When I see the enemy probe putting a pylon down to ready a 4gate push, do I use my stalkers to attack the probe or destroy the proxy pylon?

2) I got beaten by someone on taldarem altar where I used this build, and he went 13 gate 17 gate, then CB'ed mass zealots and attacked my probe line. Although I could kite them with my zealots, I ran my probes away from his zealots, but eventually I lost so much mining time and my stalkers take awhile to kill the zealots (there was like 6 of them at least) that he just outmacroed me. What should I do to respond to this? Forge and cannon defense to stop him then tech up?? Sorry no replay saved so just asking this question in a typical situation
Sigil
Profile Joined October 2010
United States44 Posts
July 25 2011 04:32 GMT
#5778
In ZvT, why do people get +1 air attack over carapace when their spire pops?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 25 2011 04:39 GMT
#5779
On July 25 2011 13:32 Sigil wrote:
In ZvT, why do people get +1 air attack over carapace when their spire pops?

Mutalisks are meant for attacking, not general combat. Their place in the match-up is to drill the vulnerabilities of your opponent, kill scvs, pick off stray units, deny drops, counter attack, pressure tank positions. All of these things involve mutalisks taking little to no damage if executed properly, so killing stuff faster is much more important than staying alive longer.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Jasper-
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada184 Posts
July 25 2011 05:08 GMT
#5780
On July 25 2011 03:53 nemo14 wrote:
Does ground-based splash damage traverse ledges? Does archon splash damage injure adjacent air and ground units simultaneously regardless of the altitude of the target?

Examples

1) There are marines on the high ground. My banelings are on the low ground. If I detonate the banelings next to the cliff, will marines at the top edge of the cliff be killed?

2) There is a pack of mutalisks hovering over a pack of speedlings. If I target the mutalisks with an archon, will the speedlings be killed as well?

Second one is a yes.
Prev 1 287 288 289 290 291 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
SpeCial 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 271
MaD[AoV]30
910 25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 458
Counter-Strike
fl0m4229
Fnx 603
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4248
Liquid`Hasu563
Other Games
summit1g6119
FrodaN628
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason31
Trikslyr10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21443
Other Games
• Shiphtur814
• imaqtpie774
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 58m
Patches Events
17h 58m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.