• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:45
CEST 18:45
KST 01:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9330 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 291

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 289 290 291 292 293 900 Next
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
July 25 2011 11:51 GMT
#5801
On July 25 2011 20:20 jornass wrote:
hi sorry i'm new here so maybe they did already ask this.

what can a zerg do against a Thor,hellion and tank army ?

did tray roaches + broods but didden't really work out....


Roaches tend to be a reasonable response to pure mech. So other things may have been a factor to your loss such as sub-par macro or positioning. The other thing to consider is that broods are a late-game option in tvz so (without seeing the replay) it could be the case that you simply were teching too hard. Infestors are a good mid-game supplement that will keep you alive and are coincidentally very good again mech as well. In particular, neural parasite on thors and tanks and fungals on hellions will keep your roaches alive so they can do their work.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 25 2011 14:23 GMT
#5802
On July 25 2011 17:35 .Amon. wrote:
PvZ you should go for standard Collossus/Stalker/Zealot and a few Sentries until the Zerg has about 8 Corruptors. At that point you should switch into an Immortal HT Zealot combination with some archons to tank. Remember that Blink is almost always viable depending on how good you can multitask and micro.


Yea that was standard... like half a year ago. Zealots suck, and late game you'll want void rays (especially when corruptor numbers get large and brood lords come into play). While stalkers/sentry/immortal/HT/archon is great, it's a much more difficult composition to use than colossus/stalker/sentry. I'd stick with just colossus play especially if your opponent doesn't get infestors, add in void rays later and you'll have an unkillable deathball.
xmikeyy17x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States92 Posts
July 25 2011 18:11 GMT
#5803
for each match up, pvt, pvz, pvp?

As protoss, What upgrade would be more effective to get 1st?

Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
July 25 2011 18:17 GMT
#5804
On July 26 2011 03:11 xmikeyy17x wrote:
for each match up, pvt, pvz, pvp?

As protoss, What upgrade would be more effective to get 1st?



In PvT I see protoss players getting armor upgrades, since they go well with the base armor of the zealot and guardian shield. in PvZ I see fast +1 attack so that zealots 2-shot lings rather than 3-shotting them, but this varies based on what opening and composition you go for.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 25 2011 18:19 GMT
#5805
On July 26 2011 03:11 xmikeyy17x wrote:
for each match up, pvt, pvz, pvp?

As protoss, What upgrade would be more effective to get 1st?



PvT: debatable. Dual forge is popular here. If you were only to get 1 first, most people like getting armor first against bio but attack first can be a good move too especially if you use a lot of colossus and/or blink stalker. Against mech definitely just get attack.

PvZ: attack. Against muta/ling armor is also important, but zerg's don't usually stay on muta/ling the whole game, so you really should be getting both.

PvP: attack, period. Don't even bother getting armor 99% of the time.
Pred8oar
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany281 Posts
July 25 2011 18:36 GMT
#5806
What are the new season 3 maps called? I want to host some customs and dont know the names >-< thx n advance.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 25 2011 19:03 GMT
#5807
On July 26 2011 03:36 Pred8oar wrote:
What are the new season 3 maps called? I want to host some customs and dont know the names >-< thx n advance.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=246181#6

4 player maps are the new 1v1 maps
jornass
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium7 Posts
July 25 2011 20:24 GMT
#5808
didn't tech to hard i think :D was long game but think i did have to manny ling then and did need more roaches.
ty for the tip and i will yous it next time i see it
when it doesn't work i will show you the replay
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
July 25 2011 20:50 GMT
#5809
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 25 2011 21:05 GMT
#5810
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
July 25 2011 21:09 GMT
#5811
On July 26 2011 06:05 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.

Perfect gotcha, this is to get the surround without m/m attacking them on the approach, thanks!
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
July 25 2011 21:15 GMT
#5812
On July 26 2011 06:09 tehemperorer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 06:05 Anihc wrote:
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.

Perfect gotcha, this is to get the surround without m/m attacking them on the approach, thanks!

I like to mineral walk behind the enemy Terran if possible, then attack. Flanking is good too.
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 21:21:07
July 25 2011 21:20 GMT
#5813
On July 26 2011 06:15 CecilSunkure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 06:09 tehemperorer wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:05 Anihc wrote:
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.

Perfect gotcha, this is to get the surround without m/m attacking them on the approach, thanks!

I like to mineral walk behind the enemy Terran if possible, then attack. Flanking is good too.

I still find mineral walking on the fly difficult, even in other cases than the one I was asking about; do you save mineral locations on the function keys for this sole purpose or are you just quick?
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
July 25 2011 21:23 GMT
#5814
On July 26 2011 06:20 tehemperorer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 06:15 CecilSunkure wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:09 tehemperorer wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:05 Anihc wrote:
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.

Perfect gotcha, this is to get the surround without m/m attacking them on the approach, thanks!

I like to mineral walk behind the enemy Terran if possible, then attack. Flanking is good too.

I still find mineral walking on the fly difficult, even in other cases than the one I was asking about; do you save mineral locations on the function keys for this sole purpose or are you just quick?

Yeah actually I do. I have f2 as my main nexus, f3 as my natural expansion area, and f4 as my all-purpose screen. The all-purpose screen is for like proxy pylons or minerals or w/e.
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
July 25 2011 21:27 GMT
#5815
On July 26 2011 06:23 CecilSunkure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 06:20 tehemperorer wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:15 CecilSunkure wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:09 tehemperorer wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:05 Anihc wrote:
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.

Perfect gotcha, this is to get the surround without m/m attacking them on the approach, thanks!

I like to mineral walk behind the enemy Terran if possible, then attack. Flanking is good too.

I still find mineral walking on the fly difficult, even in other cases than the one I was asking about; do you save mineral locations on the function keys for this sole purpose or are you just quick?

Yeah actually I do. I have f2 as my main nexus, f3 as my natural expansion area, and f4 as my all-purpose screen. The all-purpose screen is for like proxy pylons or minerals or w/e.

Just guessing here as I have same setup but only use f2 and f3 (in same manner, 2 for main 3 for nat), but you use f4 if proxying but most likely bind it to enemy's natural expansion for mineral walk harass with that scouting probe right? I should do that
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
July 25 2011 21:31 GMT
#5816
On July 26 2011 06:27 tehemperorer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 06:23 CecilSunkure wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:20 tehemperorer wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:15 CecilSunkure wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:09 tehemperorer wrote:
On July 26 2011 06:05 Anihc wrote:
On July 26 2011 05:50 tehemperorer wrote:
PvT: When early pressure comes that you're not ready for and you pull probes, are you attacking with them or move-blocking? I've been attacking but it just occurred to me maybe I should be blocking, i.e., what is priority


Mid-high Masters Toss


Before probes get in range, don't attack with them (i.e. don't just attack move from the start). Try moving to surround/trap the enemy marines/marauders. Only when you've gotten your probes behind the enemy should you consider attacking with them.

Perfect gotcha, this is to get the surround without m/m attacking them on the approach, thanks!

I like to mineral walk behind the enemy Terran if possible, then attack. Flanking is good too.

I still find mineral walking on the fly difficult, even in other cases than the one I was asking about; do you save mineral locations on the function keys for this sole purpose or are you just quick?

Yeah actually I do. I have f2 as my main nexus, f3 as my natural expansion area, and f4 as my all-purpose screen. The all-purpose screen is for like proxy pylons or minerals or w/e.

Just guessing here as I have same setup but only use f2 and f3 (in same manner, 2 for main 3 for nat), but you use f4 if proxying but most likely bind it to enemy's natural expansion for mineral walk harass with that scouting probe right? I should do that

Usually at the enemy nat, but sometimes at another expo if the positioning is different
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 21:39:46
July 25 2011 21:38 GMT
#5817
As a Terran player, when your attack to zerg's third fails and you cannot trade evenly, what should you do? I generally get my third as I attack, so I have a third...but I feel so open to any attack and I don't know how to plan the game from there. I try to drop a lot, but if they keep a small contingent of units around each base or have Mutas, that gets shot down. What should I be aiming and thinking at this point?

I am a Plat. Terran.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 21:44:26
July 25 2011 21:43 GMT
#5818
On July 26 2011 06:38 Bleak wrote:
As a Terran player, when your attack to zerg's third fails and you cannot trade evenly, what should you do? I generally get my third as I attack, so I have a third...but I feel so open to any attack and I don't know how to plan the game from there. I try to drop a lot, but if they keep a small contingent of units around each base or have Mutas, that gets shot down. What should I be aiming and thinking at this point?

I am a Plat. Terran.


Open a thread and post some replays.Just follow the guidelines and I'm sure you will get the help you need.

Some brief advice is to just turtle up for a bit. If you have your third around the time he has his and you managed to trade for his gas units your best bet is just to recover your tank count while being defensive. Then when your tank count is looking up and you have a thor or 2 to zone muta you can try get some map pressence and start launching drops around the place while pressuring front. To deal with mutas you want to put some turrets up around the place and if he's being very pesky leave a thor behind with 4-5 marines to zone them out of the base or into an area you want. Aside from that not much I can say without looking at specific games. If they going infestors stuff changes a bit but generally you want to slow down the game and stabilize before doing any funky attacking/dropping.
Fist
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands235 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 23:22:16
July 25 2011 23:22 GMT
#5819
Has anyone ever experiment with not chronoboosting the probes at 11 and 13, but instead chrono a bit later and get gateway earlier? This will result in earlier warpgate.
Have you ever realized just how insignificant your existence on this planet really is?
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 25 2011 23:31 GMT
#5820
On July 26 2011 08:22 Fist wrote:
Has anyone ever experiment with not chronoboosting the probes at 11 and 13, but instead chrono a bit later and get gateway earlier? This will result in earlier warpgate.


Yes. 10 gate and 11 gate (where chrono comes after gateway) are not infrequent in PvP. Other matchups the economic hit is not worth it to get warpgate a few seconds earlier.
Prev 1 289 290 291 292 293 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 113
BRAT_OK 56
mouzHeroMarine 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3857
Bisu 1698
Soulkey 1349
EffOrt 995
Mini 626
Larva 399
ZerO 331
Horang2 294
actioN 222
ggaemo 164
[ Show more ]
hero 83
Mind 83
Dewaltoss 78
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
sorry 58
Sea.KH 58
Snow 48
Barracks 43
Hyun 41
Bale 31
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5788
Dendi1173
XaKoH 376
420jenkins337
League of Legends
Reynor68
Counter-Strike
fl0m3275
Fnx 658
pashabiceps636
x6flipin610
edward35
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes407
Liquid`Hasu1
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1517
hiko846
FrodaN524
XBOCT212
Livibee172
TKL 104
QueenE103
C9.Mang066
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)23
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV653
League of Legends
• Nemesis3980
• TFBlade778
Other Games
• Shiphtur422
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 15m
Patches Events
23h 15m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.