• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9445 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 27

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 900 Next
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 25 2011 05:14 GMT
#521
On February 25 2011 05:14 L3gendary wrote:
Anyone know how to kill an scv that is building (a bunker). One game i tried to a-move my lings but they only target the marines around the bunker tht just keeping kiting in circles until the bunker finished. And i cant right click on the scv either cus the lings/drones would just attack the bunker. Not sure if its even possible but i almost lost a game cus of this so i was wondering.


If you right-click the scv you will attack it. You probably missed it when you tried previously.
OGS:levelchange
Inertiaddict
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States126 Posts
February 25 2011 06:24 GMT
#522
I have a question that I think is simple:

At the end of the game, when reviewing the statistics, there is a 'Build Order' tab. What determines when that stops logging? My guess is that it seems to be when the player is about to break the 50 supply threshold. Does anyone know for certain what it is?

Thanks.
Proud to be a mod for Polt, coLqxc, Sterling, Gamegene (Rebecca), Trump, Fnatic.Rain [retired], and Liquid'Jinro [retired]!!! <3 Manner up! <3 / Knowing the worst case situation makes one amply prepared.
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-25 12:12:53
February 25 2011 12:09 GMT
#523
What should a Protoss look for when scouting a Terran, and what does that information mean?
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
February 25 2011 12:27 GMT
#524
On February 25 2011 15:24 Inertiaddict wrote:
I have a question that I think is simple:

At the end of the game, when reviewing the statistics, there is a 'Build Order' tab. What determines when that stops logging? My guess is that it seems to be when the player is about to break the 50 supply threshold. Does anyone know for certain what it is?

Thanks.


It stops after a certain amount of events happen. There's no supply or time threshold, simply a number of inputs the log can take before it won't list any more. Not quite sure on the exact number but it's nothing really spectacular.

On February 25 2011 21:09 Apolo wrote:
What should a Protoss look for when scouting a Terran, and what does that information mean?


With your scouting probe, you want to check to see if gas was taken.

If so, check to see if it a gas before barracks by clicking the geyser to see how much was mined. Anything over 50 before the barracks is finished implies that he is going for fast tech
If not, then it will either be a 1 or 2 Rax FE, or even a 2 Rax Marine all in.

Once your scout is repelled, you'll want to check back at the front of his ramp or try and sneak a probe in.

If the probe dies to marines only, assume Cloaked banshee rush, as he is at least teching and that is the worst case scenario.
If the probe dies to Marines + Marauders, he may be doing a stim timing push or preparing to expand behind bio. Get a couple sentries to forcefield the ramp if you feel pressured.

When you scout with your observer, you want to see check addons and army composition of the Terran.

If you see lots of barracks with addons, assume early-mid bio play with Medivac support and possibly transitions into Ghost-Viking to deal with Robo tech.
If you see 2+ Factories + Armory, it's safe to assume he is going mech with a heavy focus on Tank/Thor as the bulk of his army, with possible Marauder/Hellion drops to harass you.
If you see a mostly marine based composition with a Starport + Tech Lab, assume Marine/Raven PDD timing push or mass Air play after you observer has been denied.

Hope that helps. You also want to keep an eye out for when Terran tries to take his third and do you best to deny it.
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
zende
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden234 Posts
February 25 2011 14:30 GMT
#525
Ok, I was close to making a thread but I guess I'll try here.

1. Is it actually okay to stop unit/worker production to expand? For example when I go 1-1-1 as Terran, I never find a place to expand. Is it okay to stop my production from for example the starport and factory just a quick bit, to get the 400 minerals for the CC? Or is the best way to have it woven into your buildorder?

2. What units are Thors really good at? Now I barely can remember which one was which, but I remember having 2 games in a row, one vs zerg and one vs protoss. In the first game I pulled out Thors which worked amazing and it pretty much slaughtered him. Next game, vs zerg, I did the same thing but it was the worst decision ever. I could have put that money into siege tanks and I know it would have worked much better.

Note that I am in gold/close platinum for now, which means nor I or the people I play are very good hehe.
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 25 2011 16:09 GMT
#526
On February 25 2011 23:30 zende wrote:
Ok, I was close to making a thread but I guess I'll try here.

1. Is it actually okay to stop unit/worker production to expand? For example when I go 1-1-1 as Terran, I never find a place to expand. Is it okay to stop my production from for example the starport and factory just a quick bit, to get the 400 minerals for the CC? Or is the best way to have it woven into your buildorder?

2. What units are Thors really good at? Now I barely can remember which one was which, but I remember having 2 games in a row, one vs zerg and one vs protoss. In the first game I pulled out Thors which worked amazing and it pretty much slaughtered him. Next game, vs zerg, I did the same thing but it was the worst decision ever. I could have put that money into siege tanks and I know it would have worked much better.

Note that I am in gold/close platinum for now, which means nor I or the people I play are very good hehe.


1) yes it's okay. You just have to make sure you won't be needing those units for awhile (ie, you're being aggressive and the opponent is forced to be defensive, you have a good defensible position etc etc). Sometimes it's taking a risk.

2) http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Thor
The link above is a good resource.
Most commonly you'll see thors made to counter mutalisks.
OGS:levelchange
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
February 25 2011 16:10 GMT
#527
On February 25 2011 23:30 zende wrote:
Ok, I was close to making a thread but I guess I'll try here.

1. Is it actually okay to stop unit/worker production to expand? For example when I go 1-1-1 as Terran, I never find a place to expand. Is it okay to stop my production from for example the starport and factory just a quick bit, to get the 400 minerals for the CC? Or is the best way to have it woven into your buildorder?

2. What units are Thors really good at? Now I barely can remember which one was which, but I remember having 2 games in a row, one vs zerg and one vs protoss. In the first game I pulled out Thors which worked amazing and it pretty much slaughtered him. Next game, vs zerg, I did the same thing but it was the worst decision ever. I could have put that money into siege tanks and I know it would have worked much better.

Note that I am in gold/close platinum for now, which means nor I or the people I play are very good hehe.


1. It's much better to cut a unit here or there, rather than a worker. You'll want all the workers you can get to split between your two bases so that you don't get mined out too fast in one base, and get the most benefit out of two bases as you can. If you do a 1 Rax FE or Reaper Expand or something along those lines, you'll find that your money actually builds up to over 400 minerals, so that's when it would be ideal to expand with that.

2. Thors are really excellent against light Air units, especially mutalisks. This is because they do splash damage in the air and mutas clump really nicely. This can be negated however with The Magic Box. They also do very well against most ground units, especially those that are armored. Small tier 1 units like speedlings and marines however get massively overkilled by Thors and can't shoot fast enough to take out a large amount of them.
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 25 2011 18:00 GMT
#528
On February 25 2011 15:24 Inertiaddict wrote:
I have a question that I think is simple:

At the end of the game, when reviewing the statistics, there is a 'Build Order' tab. What determines when that stops logging? My guess is that it seems to be when the player is about to break the 50 supply threshold. Does anyone know for certain what it is?

Thanks.


It's not 50 supply and it's not a question of time. I think I counted when I first started playing and it was your first 50 actions. I would check a couple of examples and count the number of items listed and that should be the answer.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
February 25 2011 18:07 GMT
#529
On February 25 2011 21:09 Apolo wrote:
What should a Protoss look for when scouting a Terran, and what does that information mean?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192684
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
February 25 2011 20:14 GMT
#530
How do you leap frog siege tanks quickly? I know there is some "trick" with shift but I have never got it to work. Please explain in detail.
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-25 21:47:29
February 25 2011 21:40 GMT
#531
It's shift queueing. Select a tank, right click it to the location you want it to go to, then while holding shift, hit 'E', which is the hotkey for Seige Mode. It will enter seige mode when it arrives at that location. You can 'leap frog' by using this, but also queueing the movement itself, as your first action is to hit 'D' to unseige. So, select a tank in seige mode (or 2 or 3), click 'D', then hold Shift and right click the destination, then holding shift, click 'E'. While that or those tanks are moving into position, you can move on to other tasks, knowing those tanks will seige when they get where they are going.

There is also cloning, which is even better. If you want to work with say 4 tanks, putting them in pairs in two forward locations, you can select all the tanks, use the leapfrog technique above to seige them all for destination #1, then shift+click in the wire frames to deselect 2 of them, so you have 2 selected. Now, you can right click a second destination and shift+'E' the seige. Now, you've basically seiged up 4 tanks in different locations, fairly quickly. It's pretty cool.

edit: I forgot to ask my own question lol.

Q: If High Templar are in a Warp Prism and that Warp Prism is EMP'd, do the HT's lose their energy and shields ? I have a number of thoughts in my head if they are protected while in the warp prism.
jawknee530
Profile Joined February 2010
United States57 Posts
February 26 2011 00:15 GMT
#532
How do you look up your used bonus pool?
i_heart_nukes
Profile Joined February 2009
United States21 Posts
February 26 2011 00:16 GMT
#533
In TvZ: Should you micro tanks to shoot at blings so they don't wasteshots on lings?

Is it better to hold position some bio to deplete some of the blings while running away the rest of your mm? (As opposed to just running the whole ball away from the blings).
Dubo
Profile Joined June 2010
United States161 Posts
February 26 2011 05:09 GMT
#534
On February 26 2011 05:14 MockHamill wrote:
How do you leap frog siege tanks quickly? I know there is some "trick" with shift but I have never got it to work. Please explain in detail.

Use shift to tell your tanks to siege themselves when they get to a location. E.g. select tank, right click the ground, hold shift, press e.
the scv is a spy!
Dubo
Profile Joined June 2010
United States161 Posts
February 26 2011 05:25 GMT
#535
Do sporecrawlers detect when they're uprooted?
the scv is a spy!
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-26 09:32:46
February 26 2011 09:32 GMT
#536
On February 26 2011 09:15 jawknee530 wrote:
How do you look up your used bonus pool?


On the "Find Match" screen, it's shown below your league + rank. Alternatively, go to the league table, its on the top right.
OGS:levelchange
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 26 2011 09:33 GMT
#537
On February 26 2011 14:25 Dubo wrote:
Do sporecrawlers detect when they're uprooted?


No
OGS:levelchange
underdawg
Profile Joined January 2011
United States399 Posts
February 26 2011 18:01 GMT
#538
On February 20 2011 06:49 Kaitlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 13:10 MuteZephyr wrote:
On February 19 2011 11:54 Synystyr wrote:
On February 19 2011 09:12 MuteZephyr wrote:
Is there any way to rotate my buildings for placement? I was sure there wasn't, but one of my opponents in a replay has their factory sideways so as to fit in the wall better. I was pretty blown away by this, how did he do this?


Wait...Terran buildings are 3x3. It'd be the same any way you put it....

Right, but it was oriented to keep the weak addon inside the wall as opposed to being part of it.


It had to be just the orientation of the ramp itself. If the ramp opens to the right, then the addon would be part of the wall. If it opens to the left, for example, the addon is on the backside, thus not a part of it. I don't think the building was rotated, but the orientation of the spawning location's ramp opening. The addon is always a 2x2 attached to the right side of the 3x3 buildings. Always.

is it always on the right top as well?

i'm so nub, i don't know how many building placements i've effed up because of this (i like them to be neat and right next to each other lol). also i keep making wall-ins that aren't actually sealed. it's ok tho because usually my opponent assumes that it is sealed, because who would be dumb enough to make 1 rax/2 depots that doesn't seal? *shrug*
Nightmard2
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany4 Posts
February 26 2011 22:08 GMT
#539
I fooled around in the unit tester and it seems that the Colossus priorities Hydralisk over Roaches. This sounds quite intressting but still i haven't found neither a thread nor an article about this.

So have there been any experiments conducted about the "Attack Target Priority" and i just couldn't find it, or is this still a rather unexplored game mechanic?
vlnplyr
Profile Joined November 2010
United States76 Posts
February 26 2011 23:11 GMT
#540
On February 24 2011 15:19 ryan1894 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 15:07 closey wrote:
Does archon do 100% splash like the banelings?

Just for gags:

What will happen if you vortex 15 archons of your opponent, and throw in 15 archons of yours. No upgrades at all(15 archons 1 hit kills another archon!)

If archons doesn't do 100% splash, make it 20 archons.

Someone's gotta get on the map tester


does it matter?

archon toilet is ridiculously powerful against anybody.


With patch 1.3 archon toilet should be (somewhat) going away as there will be an invincibility duration after the units leave the vortex.
www.youtube.com/vlnplyr5
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 417
UpATreeSC 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1041
actioN 393
Dewaltoss 140
firebathero 89
Zeus 65
Trap 44
Sexy 30
zelot 27
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
soO 21
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 14
Dota 2
Gorgc7146
qojqva2002
Dendi809
420jenkins162
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1285
Fnx 690
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5824
Liquid`Hasu1046
Other Games
Grubby5057
summit1g1303
Beastyqt740
B2W.Neo613
ceh9473
byalli351
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe148
ArmadaUGS144
Khaldor119
TKL 109
BRAT_OK 83
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
WardiTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• IndyKCrew
• Adnapsc2 0
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix14
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3775
• TFBlade933
Other Games
• Shiphtur368
• WagamamaTV312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 37m
Stellar Fest
18h 37m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.