• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:29
CEST 03:29
KST 10:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10108 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 231

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 229 230 231 232 233 900 Next
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
June 28 2011 13:52 GMT
#4601
On June 28 2011 22:36 divinesage wrote:
How much probe/drone creation time would I have lost if I had accidentally:

1. 10 Overlord for Zerg?
2. 10 Pylon for Protoss?

Assuming all my previous probe/drone production timings were perfect.


I don't know exactly what answer you seek but i guess it's easier to answer on how much minerals you lose.

For zerg (copied from another answer to a similar question):

The 9 overlord is the best economic build, period. Minerals at 2:15: 370

10 overlord can be used for 10pool and overpool, but is inferior to 9OL in every other possible respect to the tune of 10 minerals, and loses the small window of advantage it gets by building the 10th drone sooner by the time 10OL finishes its 11th worker. Minerals at 2:15: 355

For protoss:

Here the loss would be greater due to no larva stacking, probably around 30-50 minerals loss. If you feel that you want to get the exact number i guess you can try it out against a computer for yourself.
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DruokLZ
Profile Joined June 2011
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 15:27:19
June 28 2011 14:46 GMT
#4602
Since I'm a new member and I cannot create my own thread, I will ask my question here (I hope this is the right place).

I have just started playing SC2 a few weeks ago and have already seen improvement in my game. I used to play Protoss but have switched to Zerg as I love the ability to produce a mass amount of units in a short amount of time. I've learned one build already (7RR) but realize now that it won't make me a better player in the long run, as it only works in the lower leagues. I've begun my search for a new build order that will help me familiarize myself with the game and teach me how to read, react and adapt to different situations I'll encounter.

I understand that each matchup is very unique and requires its own build and strategy. I'm wondering if there is a 'beginner' build out there that is relatively decent (if only economy wise) for every matchup, so that I can get more familiar with the game and refine/change/add-to the build as I grow in skill as a player. I'm finding it difficult to juggle so many builds in so many different matchups, and I'd really just like to focus on one until I become comfortable with it.

Edit: I've pretty much read most of the basic forum posts (guides and stuff) on this site. They've all been really helpful. I would also say my time is split between playing 1v1 and 2v2 with a friend.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
June 28 2011 15:28 GMT
#4603
On June 28 2011 22:43 Fus wrote:
optimal saguration is 16 workers on a mineral line


Just wanted to clarify here, in case there was any confusion. 16 is optimal in terms of worker efficiency, i.e. if you have 48 drones and are able to have three bases, it's best to split them with 16 at each base. If you are only able to have two bases at any one time, then you can go up to 24 at each base to optimally harvest from your bases, but there will be a small amount of "wasted" mining time for each drone as they wait for a new patch to open up.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
June 28 2011 15:47 GMT
#4604
Hi, non-strategic question here.
I remember that when I installed Battlefield:BC2 there was a limit of ten installations if you didn't want to use the DVD. Does SC2 have something similar to this or can I install and run my account on a limitless number of computers?
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Hyyde
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States43 Posts
June 28 2011 16:11 GMT
#4605
As Zerg I like to fast expand. The question what is the cheapest/fastest/most effective way to protect the early hatch from rushes?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
June 28 2011 16:12 GMT
#4606
On June 29 2011 00:47 Mowr wrote:
Hi, non-strategic question here.
I remember that when I installed Battlefield:BC2 there was a limit of ten installations if you didn't want to use the DVD. Does SC2 have something similar to this or can I install and run my account on a limitless number of computers?


You can install the sc2 game client on as many computers as you like. Your account, however, may only be logged into 1 at a time-- if you log in from a different computer you could get into trouble with blizz.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DruokLZ
Profile Joined June 2011
4 Posts
June 28 2011 16:14 GMT
#4607
On June 29 2011 01:11 Hyyde wrote:
As Zerg I like to fast expand. The question what is the cheapest/fastest/most effective way to protect the early hatch from rushes?


FE at 15?
LuisFrost
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 17:18:14
June 28 2011 16:32 GMT
#4608
Hi,
Does anyone know how the game "decides" which music it plays in replays of non mirror matches? i'm very confused about it: it doesn't always pick the background music for player 1 or for the winner or for the matchup (like "if it's tvz it will always play the zerg music"... it doesn´t), it seems to be completely random, is it?
Shintuku
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada76 Posts
June 28 2011 16:37 GMT
#4609
Why do protoss players wait to have 300 minerals to drop their 2 gates when they 3 gate expo instead of just dropping one then another as soon as they have the minerals to?
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
June 28 2011 16:40 GMT
#4610
In PvP, if i try 4 gate and my opponent manages to hold it with a 3 gate robo, what is my best option of a transition?
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 16:55:49
June 28 2011 16:54 GMT
#4611
On June 29 2011 01:40 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
In PvP, if i try 4 gate and my opponent manages to hold it with a 3 gate robo, what is my best option of a transition?


At this point you are usually far behind (at least in the higher leagues. If its a low league, its quite possible he didn't take his second gas when he should or mocked up in another way). Your best bet is to go for blink stalkers and harass/micro your way back into a lead. Do not try to play straight up (robotics - collosus for instance), as if he does the exact same, he will keep his lead throughout the entire game, and protoss is perhaps the worst race to play from behind with.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
June 28 2011 17:00 GMT
#4612
On June 29 2011 01:37 Shintuku wrote:
Why do protoss players wait to have 300 minerals to drop their 2 gates when they 3 gate expo instead of just dropping one then another as soon as they have the minerals to?


Less chance of being scouted / more time to run the enemy scout out of your base.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
June 28 2011 17:02 GMT
#4613
On June 29 2011 01:32 LuisFrost wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know how the game "decides" which music it plays in replays of non mirror matches? i'm very confused about it: it doesn't always picks the background music for player 1 or for the winner or for the matchup (like "if it's tvz it will always play the zerg music"... it doesn´t), it seems to be completely random, is it?


I don't know how it works for spectators, I do believe its random. But when watching a replay, I think (emphasis on "think") the music is decided on who the replay is from (Meaning, if a protoss player sends you a replay of him vs a zerg, then protoss music will be playing).
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
June 28 2011 17:04 GMT
#4614
On June 29 2011 00:47 Mowr wrote:
Hi, non-strategic question here.
I remember that when I installed Battlefield:BC2 there was a limit of ten installations if you didn't want to use the DVD. Does SC2 have something similar to this or can I install and run my account on a limitless number of computers?


Limitless.
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
June 28 2011 19:16 GMT
#4615
On June 29 2011 02:00 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 01:37 Shintuku wrote:
Why do protoss players wait to have 300 minerals to drop their 2 gates when they 3 gate expo instead of just dropping one then another as soon as they have the minerals to?


Less chance of being scouted / more time to run the enemy scout out of your base.


Plus, oftentimes you want to transform those gateways into warpgates when they finish -- so having one completed before the other doesn't help anyway. Both need to wait for the warpgate research.

Having warpgates synchronized (i.e. available at the same time) also facilitates macro greatly.
Best or nothing.
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
June 28 2011 19:18 GMT
#4616
On June 29 2011 01:40 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
In PvP, if i try 4 gate and my opponent manages to hold it with a 3 gate robo, what is my best option of a transition?


If you did not suffer great loss (i.e. get force fielded and lose half of your army), then go research blink and all-in up the ramp again.
Best or nothing.
Hyyde
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States43 Posts
June 28 2011 19:19 GMT
#4617
On June 29 2011 01:14 DruokLZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 01:11 Hyyde wrote:
As Zerg I like to fast expand. The question what is the cheapest/fastest/most effective way to protect the early hatch from rushes?


FE at 15?


Yes, there abouts.
DruokLZ
Profile Joined June 2011
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 19:27:08
June 28 2011 19:26 GMT
#4618
On June 29 2011 01:11 Hyyde wrote:
As Zerg I like to fast expand. The question what is the cheapest/fastest/most effective way to protect the early hatch from rushes?


In response to my earlier question...

I tried the FE by doing a 14 pool + 14 gas + 15 hatchery at my natural (does that qualify as a FE??), followed by a queen and 1 pair of zergling at 15/18. I really liked this opening, it gave me a huge economic advantage. Btw, I tried this a few times in 2v2.

The extra hatchery and queen gave me a lot of larvae to quickly respond to our opponents rush. They attacked first and completely outnumbered us but we managed to bounce back and take the win. I'll post the reply below. I know I did not do a great job scouting, but any other little tips that you think could help improve my game would be helpful (for anyone who actually watches it, although I doubt anyone will ).

2v2 Replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/7233
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
June 28 2011 19:26 GMT
#4619
On June 29 2011 04:19 Hyyde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 01:14 DruokLZ wrote:
On June 29 2011 01:11 Hyyde wrote:
As Zerg I like to fast expand. The question what is the cheapest/fastest/most effective way to protect the early hatch from rushes?


FE at 15?


Yes, there abouts.


Scouting. There are seriously limitless amount of openings you can expect to hit you, and there is no way to just do a "safe against all" build without scouting. "FE at 15" is actually an answer, as 15 hatch is a very good way to defend that exact hatch because of the extra larva and earlier creep spread (compared to pool first).
blinkblue
Profile Joined May 2010
United States119 Posts
June 28 2011 19:49 GMT
#4620
Two TvP Questions:

1. How do I properly scout and defend against DT drops? On 2base vs 2base, I scanned, noticed he was gateway short + not producing out of robo, so I got a turret at the front of my natural, but he started dropping in DTs and splitting them all over my base. My Starport had a reactor. Do I just swap it with a tech lab on a rax and go for raven?

2. How do I beat extreme amounts of chargelots with collosi support? Is the answer simply build mass marine with enough vikings to take care of collosi? It seems ALL of my bio gets ripped apart by chargelots.
Prev 1 229 230 231 232 233 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings113
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11705
White-Ra 297
Dota 2
monkeys_forever786
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto8
League of Legends
Doublelift5929
JimRising 656
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox793
Other Games
summit1g9605
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS55
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick324
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 32m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.