• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:09
CEST 22:09
KST 05:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7933 users

[G] TvZ Griffith's 4OC Pressure Push - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 37 Next All
Sakuya
Profile Joined August 2010
United States27 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 04:52:04
December 06 2010 04:49 GMT
#301
http://www.mediafire.com/?791ifpvkneimz27 2k+

I've read alot of people saying high econ roach/Bling will beat this build but it never works vs me.

Heres a replay of a zerg trying to high econ bbust me and I just counter it with bunkers

You'll notice that he kills ALOT of my scvs but it doesn't matter as I can build scvs out of 4 Orbitals.

Recently wiped my replays so I cant upload a roach one but I will as soon as I face a zerg that does it. Its pretty much the same thing except I pull scvs to mass repair and have 2-3 marauders up by then
Phill3593
Profile Joined October 2010
United States13 Posts
December 06 2010 05:14 GMT
#302
This BUild is incredibly OP and will be nerfed in the next couple weeks for sure
I<3 Sentries
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 05:18:57
December 06 2010 05:18 GMT
#303
I'm trying to get a replay that goes longer but I keep winning with the initial marines, lol =/

If I get anything better I'll post it.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
TheRealDJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States124 Posts
December 06 2010 05:34 GMT
#304
On December 06 2010 13:49 Fenarth wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?791ifpvkneimz27 2k+

I've read alot of people saying high econ roach/Bling will beat this build but it never works vs me.

Heres a replay of a zerg trying to high econ bbust me and I just counter it with bunkers

You'll notice that he kills ALOT of my scvs but it doesn't matter as I can build scvs out of 4 Orbitals.

Recently wiped my replays so I cant upload a roach one but I will as soon as I face a zerg that does it. Its pretty much the same thing except I pull scvs to mass repair and have 2-3 marauders up by then

Yeah it never worked against me either, and I had a friend go infestor/baneling to test. At a certain point speed bane gets killed before it can reach the bio ball. Plus even if the first army gets killed, at that point you're reinforcing it with too many units, and creating zerglings, then morphing into banelings takes too long. I would recommend from that replay that you put more buildings to make the wall more secure, such as barracks or engineering bays to guard the bunkers. Plus I've been noticing in alot of replays people not continuing to get more orbital commands when they can afford it. I find it boosts my economy much more as a result with every extra oc I can get. Plus I can also risk sending one out to a third base and just use mules to mine from it.
TheRealDJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States124 Posts
December 06 2010 05:37 GMT
#305
On December 06 2010 14:14 Phill3593 wrote:
This BUild is incredibly OP and will be nerfed in the next couple weeks for sure

I was kinda wondering about this, but how can they nerf it without ruining the core terran gameplay? Would they halve the income from mules(which would put terran at a severe disadvantage), limit the number of OCs? Even then 4 is not an unreasonable number to have late game. This is a core gameplay mechanic, so I don't now how they can nerf it.
danielzig
Profile Joined December 2010
32 Posts
December 06 2010 05:38 GMT
#306
what about cutting scv production on this build once the two bases are saturated? with that many ccs you can always build more scvs if you need them, and on two bases less scvs = more mineral for army.
danielzig
Profile Joined December 2010
32 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 05:41:51
December 06 2010 05:40 GMT
#307
TheRealDJ, if they were going to nerf it, they would probably put mules on a 30 second global timer or something like that (or whatever they deem to be the 'fair maximum mules per minute')

Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 05:41:33
December 06 2010 05:41 GMT
#308
On December 06 2010 14:18 iEchoic wrote:
I'm trying to get a replay that goes longer but I keep winning with the initial marines, lol =/

If I get anything better I'll post it.


Welcome to October where I was busting every zerg down with 2 Rax FE. :D
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 06 2010 05:44 GMT
#309
You all realize of course someone's going to have to make a piece of artwork linking this new 4 OC build's ridiculous mineral potential with the "Infinite Potential" of Marines, lol.

Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 05:46:53
December 06 2010 05:46 GMT
#310
has jinro posted in this thread?
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 05:55:12
December 06 2010 05:47 GMT
#311
On December 06 2010 13:49 Fenarth wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?791ifpvkneimz27 2k+

I've read alot of people saying high econ roach/Bling will beat this build but it never works vs me.

Heres a replay of a zerg trying to high econ bbust me and I just counter it with bunkers

You'll notice that he kills ALOT of my scvs but it doesn't matter as I can build scvs out of 4 Orbitals.

Recently wiped my replays so I cant upload a roach one but I will as soon as I face a zerg that does it. Its pretty much the same thing except I pull scvs to mass repair and have 2-3 marauders up by then


holy crap thats a lot of bunkers O_o, but very nicely done, zerg pretty much had to all-in

On December 06 2010 14:46 Vaporized wrote:
has jinro posted in this thread?


I don't think so, would be cool to get his feedback. But I don't think he has any TvZs coming up.
griffith.583 (NA)
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
December 06 2010 05:50 GMT
#312
On December 06 2010 14:37 TheRealDJ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2010 14:14 Phill3593 wrote:
This BUild is incredibly OP and will be nerfed in the next couple weeks for sure

I was kinda wondering about this, but how can they nerf it without ruining the core terran gameplay? Would they halve the income from mules(which would put terran at a severe disadvantage), limit the number of OCs? Even then 4 is not an unreasonable number to have late game. This is a core gameplay mechanic, so I don't now how they can nerf it.


It's not OP at all, I've lost with it. There's some ways to deal with it effectively.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
December 06 2010 05:53 GMT
#313
On December 06 2010 14:50 iEchoic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2010 14:37 TheRealDJ wrote:
On December 06 2010 14:14 Phill3593 wrote:
This BUild is incredibly OP and will be nerfed in the next couple weeks for sure

I was kinda wondering about this, but how can they nerf it without ruining the core terran gameplay? Would they halve the income from mules(which would put terran at a severe disadvantage), limit the number of OCs? Even then 4 is not an unreasonable number to have late game. This is a core gameplay mechanic, so I don't now how they can nerf it.


It's not OP at all, I've lost with it. There's some ways to deal with it effectively.

do you have time for infestors as a zerg? assuming you can fend off early marines.
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 06 2010 05:55 GMT
#314
Can someone talk a partner into trying Ling Bling to hold off the initial Marine waves while teching to Brood Lords on 2 base or 3 base?
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 06:02:43
December 06 2010 06:00 GMT
#315
On December 06 2010 14:55 Conrose wrote:
Can someone talk a partner into trying Ling Bling to hold off the initial Marine waves while teching to Brood Lords on 2 base or 3 base?


Actually saw this today of a 2base broodlord against MM(+M). Broodlords just aren't worth it against MMM and easy access to reactored vikings neutralizes it too quickly.

And yes, there is time for infestors, but not many.
griffith.583 (NA)
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 06 2010 06:17 GMT
#316
On December 06 2010 15:00 Griffith` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2010 14:55 Conrose wrote:
Can someone talk a partner into trying Ling Bling to hold off the initial Marine waves while teching to Brood Lords on 2 base or 3 base?


Actually saw this today of a 2base broodlord against MM(+M). Broodlords just aren't worth it against MMM and easy access to reactored vikings neutralizes it too quickly.

And yes, there is time for infestors, but not many.


So at present, 4OC with proper micro with the first 5 Marines + on the Defense against certain more aggressive builds fairs very well against all current Zerg builds?
qxc
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States550 Posts
December 06 2010 06:32 GMT
#317
Going to try this out this week and post some results.
ProgamerDesigner of Aeon's End
grannock
Profile Joined October 2010
United States81 Posts
December 06 2010 06:41 GMT
#318
So by 13 mins you have a 200 supply army of marines, if thats the case, this build is pretty beastly....
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 06:51:07
December 06 2010 06:46 GMT
#319
Here's some observations so far:

1) There's a problem I've noticed when you're reconciling these facts:
- You need to secure a third base when you move out
- You're creating an essentially disposable army (bio)
- You can not build a planetary fortress

As a result, these things leave your expo undefended in the occurance that you end up trading armies with the zerg (usually banelings). Securing 3rd/4th expos is hard if your opponent goes very heavy blings/lings and ends up army trading with you on many maps.

2) I actually think this build is better suited for a jinro/immvp-style tank + bio than pure bio. The reason for this is that securing additional expansions is more valuable for you than your opponent because of your ability to maynard huge amounts of workers over because you get oversaturated very quickly. Siege tanks give you positional control.

I tried this build and failed pretty hilariously against an unorthodox build from PsY, I believe he's casting it, so check his channel.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
grimAuxiliatrix
Profile Joined October 2010
United States105 Posts
December 06 2010 06:58 GMT
#320
I haven't read the entire thread (sorry), but is there a particular reason this is TvZ not TvX?
Word to your mothership HuK
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 51m
Stellar Fest
16h 51m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.