• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:27
CEST 21:27
KST 04:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7924 users

[G] TvZ Griffith's 4OC Pressure Push - Page 15

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 37 Next All
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
December 05 2010 21:20 GMT
#281
On December 06 2010 06:15 TheRealDJ wrote:
I've gone up against both with the build. Against T, push with your first five marines with the double rax and you'll hurt them enough they'll be nervous about pushing then just keep pushing once you get decent size groups, don't feel like you need to constantly reinforce. Against P, you have double bunker, +repair and you'll do fine. Naturally some of this is map dependent such as ones with backdoor rocks etc. You just have to be careful with fast expand on maps with open areas, where it'd be better to first floating one of your oc's to a different base and using mule call down.


Then you didn't met competet terrans. I, for example, put a bunker up in tvt. At 6:30 I will be at your door with marines + a tank with siegemode. A minute later it will be 2 tanks.

What are you going to do against a protoss that expands + keeps on forcefielding your ramp?
Senorcuidado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States700 Posts
December 05 2010 21:26 GMT
#282
On December 06 2010 06:10 Dente wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2010 06:02 Senorcuidado wrote:
Note that I am not talking in absolutes, zergs can probably beat this in a variety of ways but it's silly to say that it is that easy for either side. Honestly these statements make you sound like you just wrote it off because it sounds crazy, and it does. But I tried it and was amazed at how effective it is. My wall consists of two barracks and a cc, I don't even worry about stopping them from scouting, although as this build becomes more popular I probably should. If they drone up and mass expand I can keep up just fine, and if they're very aggressive I can defend it. The wall is baneling proof and roach rushes are easy to scout and adapt to. The hardest scenario is probably a high econ roach bust that hits at the right timing window before the mules kick in and after i've landed my expo. I feel like this is only going to be relevant on XC and Metalopolis, as it's easier to block the natural on other maps. At worst, this requires patience and smart play from both players, with scouting playing a big role as well, it's not an auto loss for anybody.


I wasn't talking about a baneling bust. I was talking about 2base agression. You land your CC and you bunker up. Then banelings + roaches + speedlings come and they don't kill you, but they hurt you a lot.


ok it appears we are in agreement . I think the best way to handle this is good scouting, which isn't always easy of course. It may pay off to delay landing the expo on XC and Metal until the production kicks in, even though you'll mine out the main quickly. Double starport banshees can either win the game or give you enough map control to secure the expo against this kind of play, but that's all theory. When I mech that's how I usually deal with it but I already have the starport so it's easier. That might actually be a cool idea to experiment with.
StimCraft
Profile Joined March 2010
United States144 Posts
December 05 2010 21:33 GMT
#283
FE into timely 3rd CC is way better. if you don't harass a zerg you lose
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
December 05 2010 21:47 GMT
#284
This is working very well for me. I'm 4-0 with it so far vZ, tried it out against a couple protoss but couldnt win, too many collosus or 3gate robo early pressure knocks down my bunkers.

Zerg have a tough choice to make, they have to basically switch to overdrive unit production as soon as they scout it, in which case they are gonna be screwed if they dont kill you in the next few minutes, note that on maps with easily defended naturals this is much harder for them, or they have to hang back and try to defend, It might be doable with enough infestors and banelings, but so far I hanv't seen it happen. Roaches is a death sentence.

I played one game where the zerg manged to kill quite a few of my scvs with banelings from the side on xelnaga, he did it again later on in the game. It wasn't enough to make a difference though becuase I was able to easily replenished my scvs off 4CCs and once I took the gold all the mules really made me income go crazy. Even though you mine out 2 bases super fast with this build, taking a gold as your 3rd allows you to maintain your 10rax production no problem for a few more minutes....the gold mines out reaaaal fast though.

Even if the zerg manages to do significant economy damage, it doesnt matter
TheRealDJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States124 Posts
December 05 2010 21:47 GMT
#285
On December 06 2010 06:20 Dente wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2010 06:15 TheRealDJ wrote:
I've gone up against both with the build. Against T, push with your first five marines with the double rax and you'll hurt them enough they'll be nervous about pushing then just keep pushing once you get decent size groups, don't feel like you need to constantly reinforce. Against P, you have double bunker, +repair and you'll do fine. Naturally some of this is map dependent such as ones with backdoor rocks etc. You just have to be careful with fast expand on maps with open areas, where it'd be better to first floating one of your oc's to a different base and using mule call down.


Then you didn't met competet terrans. I, for example, put a bunker up in tvt. At 6:30 I will be at your door with marines + a tank with siegemode. A minute later it will be 2 tanks.

What are you going to do against a protoss that expands + keeps on forcefielding your ramp?

Well I've only gone up against that build once since using the mass oc build, but against t, I'd try to pull back when I see the bunker, but don't pull back to base, go to an intercept point halfway through the map and try to take out the tank when its not in siege mode. Even if I lose that battle, I'll still have weakened the push enough to let the production facilities to be operational and mules kicking in. The key is not letting it get to a siege contain situation, hence the aggression. If they slow push with tanks, marine/marauder with stim and combat shield can actually do well against that depending on position and as long as it doesn't get to critical mass.
In the P situation, float an OC to another base, focus on getting some tanks out. If they're delaying the push by using force fields, then you're in better shape since you'll have the mass raxs/facts ready. The nice thing about this is you can be flexible while not dependent on securing the natural since you don't need to have scvs at a hidden base.

Again, I haven't tested this in every concievable scenario, just theorizing the best posture to take against both groups. Even then, they would have to specifically know the build you're doing in order to have that specific build to counter it(assuming its 100% counterable)
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 05 2010 21:58 GMT
#286
Quick question, on levels with island expands or rocked blocked expansions, could you conceivably have the 4th CC pick up SCVs, liftoff and land before going OC while the SCV's rush to get refineries up to make it a more techy macro build?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 05 2010 22:05 GMT
#287
I doubt anyone has tested this build thoroughly enough to tell you a definitive yes or no. Most iterations rely on heavy marine production. Island-gas rush may be a viable way to develop a mech-army. However it means you're really vulnerable unless you turret up hard (which considering your mineral income shouldnt be hard)
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 05 2010 22:18 GMT
#288
On December 06 2010 07:05 Hopeless1der wrote:
I doubt anyone has tested this build thoroughly enough to tell you a definitive yes or no. Most iterations rely on heavy marine production. Island-gas rush may be a viable way to develop a mech-army. However it means you're really vulnerable unless you turret up hard (which considering your mineral income shouldnt be hard)


If you look at most of the replays vs Zerg, they go 5 Turrets per Resource line without a second thought, in one I saw them go up before the OCs even finished landing. But yeah, Scrap Station is probably a very strong map to go with a tech variation of this for since there is the Island Expansion + 2 Rocked off expansions to gas rush from... although going for the island expansion can be something of a risk as they can either play into your hands and tech mutas in response, or they rush nydus tech which one replay showed had the potential for being a fairly strong asset vs this build.
darksub
Profile Joined July 2010
Argentina302 Posts
December 06 2010 00:09 GMT
#289
i will try it out
divide et vinces
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 00:21:40
December 06 2010 00:21 GMT
#290
I ran this build a few times today and I admittedly didn't give it enough credit earlier. It's been successful on ladder, I'll run it against some better practice partners later and give results.

There are a couple kinks that may need to work out but it definitely has potential to be a solid build.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 00:37:25
December 06 2010 00:36 GMT
#291
Here's a replay of my interpretation:

[image loading]

I don't know what rating this guy is, but I'm playing at high diamond.

My personal changes:
- Scrap the 200/200. You can apply pressure throughout the game.
- Pretty much it. Nice build.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 06 2010 00:51 GMT
#292
On December 06 2010 09:36 iEchoic wrote:
Here's a replay of my interpretation:

[image loading]

I don't know what rating this guy is, but I'm playing at high diamond.

My personal changes:
- Scrap the 200/200. You can apply pressure throughout the game.
- Pretty much it. Nice build.


I noted that you also expanded with your two extra OC's as you pushed out as well.
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
December 06 2010 01:08 GMT
#293
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but this build is pretty similar with the exception of the 2 CCs to marine raven except that after your first 5marine pressure you fall back and macro up instead of keeping the pressure on. Seems like a prudent idea to me to take your 3rd and 4th gas and eventually 5th and 6th and add ravens into the mix. I am guessing most people are currently choosing to go for medivacs instead though? IMO, zerg typcially depends on a big baneling ball to do most of their damage so medivacs are of questionable use. If at the end of the baneling ball you still have a decent sized group of units alive that is obviously not true though. What do you guys think?

How I used ravens in the MR strategy was to place turrets at one expansion while I pressured another with my bioball, and also for HSM as landing a HSM on a big ball of banelings is all it takes to win when your depending on heavy bio even if you are behind.
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 06 2010 01:46 GMT
#294
Well, I tried a quick test of a Gas rush approach and had 650 Gas/min by 10 minutes in without a horrible loss of bioball size until I started spamming Thors out of 3 factories.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
December 06 2010 04:14 GMT
#295
Title has been changed. It's been sufficiently determined by the awesome TL community and countless feedback that a 13-minute 200/200 food is really not necessary and is very much situational.

Basic gist - time your push for when zerg's 3rd base goes up. If zerg is 2-base aggressing, then just turtle up to 200/200.
griffith.583 (NA)
HypernovA
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada556 Posts
December 06 2010 04:17 GMT
#296
Holy shit dude, this build = freaking awesome!

I get gas a little bit earlier to get stim + combat shields and get marauders to soak damage up.

Here are some replays. I am 1646 Diamond with 270 bonus pool

Playing against 1800 Diamond Zerg.

I didn't micro in the first replay, well I did, but not against banelings. In the second replay, I microed more.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/113057-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/113056-1v1-terran-zerg-jungle-basin
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-06 04:23:03
December 06 2010 04:19 GMT
#297
... I seriously hope this isn't working as well as it sounds like it is ...

Facepalmingly brilliant if it is. I guess if you go marine Raven, you will have way more marines than Z can deal with using banelings....
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
avilo
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States4100 Posts
December 06 2010 04:29 GMT
#298
I haven't tried this yet, but I definitely will when I'm done all college finals I have a bunch of experience late-game TvT with mass OC's and suiciding all mineral SCVS, but never thought to try it early-mid game TvZ

sounds good in theory
Sup
will.pity
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia89 Posts
December 06 2010 04:37 GMT
#299

Here's a replay of my interpretation:



I don't know what rating this guy is, but I'm playing at high diamond.

My personal changes:
- Scrap the 200/200. You can apply pressure throughout the game.
- Pretty much it. Nice build.


Ive seen quite a bit of your play before and I was excited to see you had try of this build since I know your quite solid. But in that particular replay Id say that game was over at 6 minutes when your marine + scv rush killed all of his zlings + alot of drones + a queen.

After the damage that was done there the build was kind of irrelevant.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2202857/1/pity/
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
December 06 2010 04:46 GMT
#300
On December 06 2010 09:36 iEchoic wrote:
Here's a replay of my interpretation:

[image loading]

I don't know what rating this guy is, but I'm playing at high diamond.

My personal changes:
- Scrap the 200/200. You can apply pressure throughout the game.
- Pretty much it. Nice build.


I just watched this... To be honest, it's not really a good demo since you horribly knee capped him with the 5 marine push off the initial 2 rax FE.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
UpATreeSC 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 988
Dewaltoss 125
firebathero 88
Zeus 64
Trap 41
910 36
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 20
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5940
420jenkins234
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1334
Fnx 918
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1896
Other Games
summit1g4752
Grubby3068
Beastyqt672
B2W.Neo607
byalli413
C9.Mang0166
shahzam165
KnowMe155
TKL 148
BRAT_OK 70
Railgan15
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur377
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 34m
Stellar Fest
17h 34m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.