• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:49
CEST 20:49
KST 03:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9272 users

[M] (2) Twin Entangler

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Normal
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 15:54:10
February 10 2015 07:44 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Published:
NA EU KR SEA

Version 0.3



[image loading]



Map Info:
+ Show Spoiler +

Playable Bounds: 172x172
Bases:
12x(8m2g)
2x(6g1hyg)
2x(6g1hyg+1hyg) (dual expos)
XNT: 0
Placed Object: 1100 Doodads, 4 spawns, 161 Units
Distances:
11 Main <-- 69s --> 5 Main
11 Nat <-- 46s --> 5 Nat
7 Main <-- 57s --> 1 Main
7 Nat <-- 39s --> 1 Nat
Cross-spawn only


Analyzer:
+ Show Spoiler +

11/5 Spawns:
[image loading]

7\1 Spawns:
[image loading]




Concept:
+ Show Spoiler +

Primarily just wanted to have some fun with TLMC and Map-Ximum. In its conception this map is very unsophisticated: I basically just took a bunch of shit that I liked and tried to squeeze them all into one map:

Two-in-One maps
King Sejong Station main/natural layout
Double gold bases
Backdoor expansions + entrances
Mereel and Semmo's Broodwar influence
Fuck-you-bright colours

Spawns are cross only. The overview makes it look like there's a ton of airspace (and their is) but it has been zoom corrected by 15 I think. It's actually kinda small for a 172x172 Playable. It's also purely accidental that both my latest maps make references to twins in their titles. I tried to avoid it. The heading sez v0.2 but it's basically done but for feedback. That's it I guess. Please let me know what you think.




Bases -- 11/5 Spawns:
+ Show Spoiler +

Main: (backdoor rock visible in top right)
[image loading]

Natural:
[image loading]

Third:
[image loading]

Bases -- 7\1 Spawns:
+ Show Spoiler +

Main:
[image loading]

Natural:
[image loading]

Third:
[image loading]

Golds:
+ Show Spoiler +

Backdoor Gold:
[image loading]

Forward Gold:
[image loading]


Aesthetics: (if this isn't image-heavy yet)
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]




Change Log:
+ Show Spoiler +

v0.3
-- Put a leash on the lighting, subsequently tweaked fog and water
-- Changed high yield gasses to sets of normal gasses
-- Tweaked terrain around the 7\1 spawns to make it slightly worse for blink stalkers. Still looking at this.
-- Changed the cliff and texturing around the 7\1 naturals to better reflect the terrain
-- Some clean-up on some sloppy texturing


They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Phaenoman
Profile Joined February 2013
568 Posts
February 10 2015 08:30 GMT
#2
Oh man, the lighting. Not really pleasant for my eyes.
Random is hard work dude...
LComteVarauG
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia158 Posts
February 10 2015 08:55 GMT
#3
I love this map! The lighting adds so much character to it, lending it a cartoony style I have never seen before in SC2 and the way you have combined tile sets is really cool. I don't know about the balance of the map gameplay wise (I am not very skilled at balancing a map), but I think that the idea is very unique.
Author of "[LCV]" maps on SEA and NA. Don't Panic. Member of the clan: JRB (Just Really Bad)
NobleNyne
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany39 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-10 10:02:45
February 10 2015 10:00 GMT
#4
Ok, i finally got a TL account just because i wanted to comment on how almost all of the last few season`s maps are dark, unsettling hellholes. No one likes to spend time in a cold and dark environment and whle i get the argument that dark colors are good for the eyes i absolutely think that we need more bright maps that aren`t made with the generic Protoss style like Overgrowth.

TL:DR yey for bright maps, such beauty

edit: deleted some stupidity
i luv u
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 10 2015 11:51 GMT
#5
I actually fucking love that map. So different, so unique. Great job.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-10 12:52:14
February 10 2015 12:51 GMT
#6
woah, feels like a Mario game

I like it
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
February 10 2015 14:07 GMT
#7
that sand to orange dirt transition is gorgeous
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
skdeimos
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada155 Posts
February 10 2015 14:27 GMT
#8
Oh man, you can protect the forward gold with tanks at the natural cliff. That is just disgustingly cool. I want to see some games on this map.
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
February 10 2015 14:35 GMT
#9
looks amazing but at the same time I can't look it for longer than 5 seconds without my eyes hurting, not even joking.
"Not you."
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-10 14:57:39
February 10 2015 14:52 GMT
#10
On February 10 2015 23:35 Meavis wrote:
looks amazing but at the same time I can't look it for longer than 5 seconds without my eyes hurting, not even joking.

In-game on Low settings it isn't hard on the eyes at all tbh. Clear but not aggressive colors.
edit : on higher settings the lightning makes it a bit harsh though.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
February 10 2015 15:03 GMT
#11
I love the title set and the textures, but I think the lighting is a little too bright. It doesn't have to be dark, it just has to be a little less bright.

You put a lot of different ideas into the layout, which is really cool. I think the middle should be a little more open, and the top left and bottom right mains need more space behind the mineral line since there's dead space in that corner where air units could harass.
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
February 10 2015 15:04 GMT
#12
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. I've been having this problem with my work monitor where I love bright colours and it's kinda desaturated. I'm going to go double check them at home and tweak accordingly a bit later. I expected people to complain about it but certainly a map that goes out hurting people's eyes has gotta be put on some kind of leash.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
JaredStarr
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada115 Posts
February 10 2015 15:38 GMT
#13
idk what it is with people doing this stupid Nintendo looking terraining to fill in unpathable space. It's a lazy solution.

I like it here, it actually feels like something straight outta a Nintendo game. It's done right here, now everyone can stop doing it.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
February 10 2015 17:52 GMT
#14
On February 10 2015 19:00 NobleNyne wrote:
Ok, i finally got a TL account just because i wanted to comment on how almost all of the last few season`s maps are dark, unsettling hellholes. No one likes to spend time in a cold and dark environment and whle i get the argument that dark colors are good for the eyes i absolutely think that we need more bright maps that aren`t made with the generic Protoss style like Overgrowth.

TL:DR yey for bright maps, such beauty

edit: deleted some stupidity

Cold, dark, unsettling hellholes are pretty much the atmosphere du jour for the Starcraft universe, idk why this comes as a shock to people.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 08:28:34
February 10 2015 19:19 GMT
#15
Okay, rebalanced the lighting. It's very colourful, but the brightness has been toned down quite a bit and the colour's shifted a tad to compensate.

Comparison (top old, bottom new):
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]


What do you guys think, better?
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 10 2015 19:21 GMT
#16
Actually I like the old one better d: It seems less hazy and more defined.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 10 2015 19:48 GMT
#17
Seeing as you're submitting this to TLMC I'll drop a few lines here. While this map is really pretty with a unique aesthetic concept, you should think about how likely this map will do well in the contest. For starters, you're using high yield geysers at gold bases, that's a no-no in our rule set. Your N2N distance between 7 and 1 is less than 40s, we'd really like that above 40s as shorter rush distances are known to cause problems. Also in the 7-1 positions, it looks like Blink would be really powerful (coming from behind the rocks on the natural ramp) which could cause problems. Some of those mineral lines look a little bit suspect for cannon rushes, but I don't have the map file to check
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
February 10 2015 20:21 GMT
#18
The lighting is better now.
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
February 10 2015 20:34 GMT
#19
OtherWorld: Agreed; I tweaked it again. Still not 100% final, there are some fog settings to be meddled with but:

[image loading]

Plexa: Aw but so 'no-no' as in auto-DQ or 'no-no' as in typing 'pppp' but you can still win the game? Cuz for two of those bases I'm not crazy about the double gasses and ideally they should all be the same. I'll see what I can do. As for the rush distance -- yeah that's freaking short, but I couldn't find an elegant solution to it and avoided designing delays into the map, which just the idea skeeves me out. As for the blink -- valid that you bring that up too. I was worried about it, especially cuz the area lends itself to hidden pylons, and so made the terrain around that nat and main wall a little more irregular, so it would be tough to blink huge groups of stalkers at once and reliably get them all in/out. That coupled with the short rush distances facilitating those marine and zergling backstabs vs what would be a critically mispositioned Protoss army I guess made me figure it would be okay. I'll see what I can do about it for sure though.

Honestly I never do well in these competitions and so I don't particularly expect to do so here. This time I just wanted to have fun with making a map. That said, thanks a ton for your post. I really appreciate the heads up.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 10 2015 20:41 GMT
#20
Very pretty.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 10 2015 20:57 GMT
#21
Re: Golds. Seeing as I don't see an obvious way to fix the geysers it would be a DQ because we'd never be able to put it on ladder in it's current state.

Re: other stuff. That's all stuff im sure TL strat would home in on as problems with the map so its worth thinking about ways to fix those not DQ, but pppp and still win the game.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
February 10 2015 23:33 GMT
#22
Can't you just put a single geyser in line with the minerals? Opposite of the rock tower, where there's currently air space.
Cereal
NinjaDuckBob
Profile Joined March 2014
187 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 00:33:53
February 11 2015 00:33 GMT
#23
Love the aesthetics.

Is that decent-sized terrain behind the 7-1 naturals pathable? I could see a potential issue with large drops if so.

If you can't fix the rush distances, then it might be worth it to make those bases lategame expansions and design them around being such.

Adding rocks somewhere in the rush path might be a big help if you want to retain the spawn points.
NinjaDuckBob ~ Fear the fuzzy!
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
February 11 2015 00:37 GMT
#24
I spy some texture-bucketing going on. I thought that was Blizzard's thing.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
February 11 2015 16:28 GMT
#25
Plexa: Challange accepted! Thank you for clarifying, I read those suggestions in the competition thread as things Blizzard might want observed but not necessarily TLMC. But surely TLMC would want as many winning maps that also follow those suggestions and are eligible for ladder as possible. So I've gone ahead and reworked those golds and messed around with the blink stalker issue (still looking at it though). The rush distances I'd love to solve but there aren't any solutions that I like. I've tried rocks everywhere but that middle loses something when you add rocks and rocks on the natural ramp might make 2rax vs zerg too powerful. Actually any suggestions would be welcome. But I'll spend some more time tonight to see if I can find a solution.

NinjaDuckBob: I'm tempted to try my luck having my cake and eating it too. It's almost like I'd rather have the rush distance a bit too short than a bit too long, like I like that flavour to a map. We'll see. Glad you like the look.

NewSunshine: You're referring to the way it screws up texturing on the cliffs? I used that tool for the first time ever and now I'm going around trying to paint out all those areas. Won't be doing that again. Good eye if that's what you saw.

Okay, changed the lighting and made a bunch of tweaks mostly revolving around the fact that the golds no longer have high yield gasses but double standard gasses instead. Will look into blink and rush distances a little later and see if I can come up with something cool. Thanks for the tons of feedback everyone.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 663
UpATreeSC 110
JuggernautJason38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19109
firebathero 189
Rush 133
Dewaltoss 96
Shine 21
Sexy 20
Bale 12
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7980
qojqva1446
monkeys_forever71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1562
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes1165
Liquid`Hasu666
XaKoH 155
MindelVK9
Other Games
Grubby2597
summit1g1368
FrodaN863
Beastyqt671
ceh9618
ArmadaUGS187
KnowMe161
byalli157
C9.Mang0150
Hui .143
QueenE106
Trikslyr74
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix12
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1904
League of Legends
• TFBlade1318
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• Shiphtur265
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 11m
Stellar Fest
18h 11m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.