• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:11
CEST 04:11
KST 11:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9690 users

Map Jam & Challenge #5 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
May 16 2013 15:50 GMT
#21
It's unfortunate because this weekend I'm actually going camping with some buds. I did send my topic in though, so even though I won't be able to create a map, I'll definitely be looking forward to the submissions when I get home late sunday. :D
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 17 2013 07:22 GMT
#22
On May 17 2013 00:50 SidianTheBard wrote:
It's unfortunate because this weekend I'm actually going camping with some buds. I did send my topic in though, so even though I won't be able to create a map, I'll definitely be looking forward to the submissions when I get home late sunday. :D

Will you have a phone? Just napkin your map and send it in. PURE LAYOUT
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
May 18 2013 14:01 GMT
#23
Topics are posted!
1# No ramps, can have high ground and low ground though
2# Tall Map. Maximum map Width is 116
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 14:24:32
May 18 2013 14:19 GMT
#24
Nice topics :D
EDIT: Are 2v2 maps allowed?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Dellron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States69 Posts
May 18 2013 14:41 GMT
#25
what do you mean by advertising, like just some doodads or somthing else. and what is a "penis highground"
"too much freedom is bad" -day9 the dictator
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
May 18 2013 14:51 GMT
#26
116 playable?
starleague forever
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
May 18 2013 15:01 GMT
#27
@a176 probably.
I'm considering this concept:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Bounds are 108*189
Start locations are bottom left and bottom right.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 15:54:31
May 18 2013 15:53 GMT
#28
On May 18 2013 23:19 The_Templar wrote:
Nice topics :D
EDIT: Are 2v2 maps allowed?

Anything can go as long as it fits the topics.

On May 18 2013 23:41 Dellron wrote:
what do you mean by advertising, like just some doodads or somthing else. and what is a "penis highground"

[M] (2) Incurs

On May 18 2013 23:51 a176 wrote:
116 playable?

Always playable.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-19 13:59:40
May 18 2013 17:46 GMT
#29
My first attempt. I think it's got some cool stuff going on. I was a little concerned about the short path through the center, so I blocked it with 2 gold mineral patches that have 14 minerals each (so it takes 4 trips to get through them). Hopefully this is few enough that somebody would consider actually busting through, using the scouting worker as one, and then bringing another worker when you do the next.

also the top side of the bottom right main will be blocked with doodads so that reapers can't get in/out.

EDIT: updated a bit. the short rush distance is actually totally reasonable, so I removed the minerals.

EDIT2: I didn't have any more time to work on it after trying out things I didn't like, so this is my submission. Name is Kersmeffle :D
+ Show Spoiler +

v0+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

v1
[image loading]
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
May 18 2013 18:07 GMT
#30
[image loading]

Just messing around, not penis yet, i need to think how to get that thing in without making it too obvious nor messing with the map desing :|
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
May 18 2013 19:14 GMT
#31
No ramps eh? Thats kind of a tough one. Well here are some inspirational pictures of some old maps that didn't rely on ramps.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 19:16:56
May 18 2013 19:16 GMT
#32
Since the aesthetic topics are just for fun, can I add one? I'd like it if we weren't complete chauvinists and you can get bonus points for female reproductive organs as well. Ovary highgrounds etc.


@RFD: That's pretty cool 2entrance main design. I'm worried about having no lategame bases (nothing past 3) without getting to the lowground. Seems pretty rough for zvt. Maybe you can add a base somewhere that is far by ground but not a different cliff level?


@unvantank: I don't think you need the little holes adjusting the openness. Nowhere on the map right now is really huge open area so I think it's fine, especially those are in more lategame areas. Also the gold bases are already in winner's base positions and are easiest for terran by far (even if there's rocks blocking or something). Maybe they can face the other way and be backed up a little to make them more reasonable options for a special 4th base strategy or something?

I know these are for fun, but I still like to analyze them. I think it's instructive for "real" mapping! ^^

@Fish: so inspiring XD
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Ruinsteel
Profile Joined April 2012
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-19 04:59:26
May 18 2013 19:34 GMT
#33
Hey everyone! Took a bit of a break from map making, and wanted to do the TLMC but just couldn't come up with any worthwhile concepts. Decided I'd do a Map Jam map though .

Initially, I was pretty happy with how my map turned out. Then I realized that while it was 116 width, the height was about the same when I massively shrunk the bounds.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(Not sure why the picture got cut off).

With this unfavorable outcome, I decided to just make the map a 4-player map. It was something that I didn't want to do, but I also didn't want to come up with a whole new layout. I planned on doing the jungle / beach aesthetics, but now that it's a 4-player map, the ideas that I had for texturing are no longer possible.

I present to you:
Shattered Dreams
[NA]
116x152.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Vertical spawns are disabled.

Hopefully in the near future, I'll be able to come up with an interesting map concept that I'll be happy with .

<<EDIT>> Added textures and fog,made slight changes and added a couple doodads.
Previous Version: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 18 2013 19:49 GMT
#34
@Ruinsteel: What do you think about filling in the middle hole as normal ground? I think this would really improve the lategame (more mobility but still positional). I also don't think you need rocks on the center islands, since they're so vulnerable and far away from CC floating. I really like the map! I might steal some ideas if that's okay. :D
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
May 18 2013 20:01 GMT
#35
On May 19 2013 04:16 EatThePath wrote:
Since the aesthetic topics are just for fun, can I add one? I'd like it if we weren't complete chauvinists and you can get bonus points for female reproductive organs as well. Ovary highgrounds etc.


Female genitalia maps have been done already.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Tyrador_Keep
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 18 2013 20:04 GMT
#36
On May 19 2013 05:01 iHirO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2013 04:16 EatThePath wrote:
Since the aesthetic topics are just for fun, can I add one? I'd like it if we weren't complete chauvinists and you can get bonus points for female reproductive organs as well. Ovary highgrounds etc.


Female genitalia maps have been done already.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Tyrador_Keep

I know! It's great! We shouldn't limit ourselves.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
May 18 2013 20:19 GMT
#37
On May 19 2013 04:14 TheFish7 wrote:
No ramps eh? Thats kind of a tough one. Well here are some inspirational pictures of some old maps that didn't rely on ramps.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
May 18 2013 20:46 GMT
#38
[image loading]

Not finished, but this is what I have so far.
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
May 18 2013 22:07 GMT
#39
On May 19 2013 05:19 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2013 04:14 TheFish7 wrote:
No ramps eh? Thats kind of a tough one. Well here are some inspirational pictures of some old maps that didn't rely on ramps.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

Seen these maps i just couldn't stop thinking about Hunters, i'm glad i wasn't the only one ^^

On May 19 2013 04:16 EatThePath wrote:@unvantank: I don't think you need the little holes adjusting the openness. Nowhere on the map right now is really huge open area so I think it's fine, especially those are in more lategame areas. Also the gold bases are already in winner's base positions and are easiest for terran by far (even if there's rocks blocking or something). Maybe they can face the other way and be backed up a little to make them more reasonable options for a special 4th base strategy or something?

I know these are for fun, but I still like to analyze them. I think it's instructive for "real" mapping! ^^

About the holes, i really like those, for some reason i have always liked these small holes and the dinamic it creates, slow armies, it gives a easy fortifiable position even if it is in a open area, so in any oportunity i have i add those, since it makes the players think about the terrain :3
In the gold expands i was just messing around, i like when maps use them in the center, but as you said when that happens sadly it's always a "winner position", and for the map since i had those holes in the center doing nothing and the map is not going anywhere, why the fuck not add some funky things on it?


That looks extremelly nice Coppermantis, are those the bridges that can be retracted right??
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
May 18 2013 22:09 GMT
#40
Sadly I can't make an actual map because of time issues, but I did make a draft of my idea, although size is problematic since it's really hard to tell what is a correct size and what is not.

[image loading]

Anyways the restrictions are really nice, the maps seem really unique. I think that a cool thing to do to make ZvZ good is to put creep instead of other means of blocking the main choke, this lets zerg the ability to block off the entrance, although I guess this is not a must, but it should make the ZvZ matchup better in a flat main choke map. Another idea is what I used on my draft, which is to make rock towers above the main choke so its breakable, thus making early aggression much weaker, although still allowing scouting.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings127
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 61
PiLiPiLi 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever572
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 580
Other Games
summit1g7714
JimRising 527
C9.Mang0333
ViBE157
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick902
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 31
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1113
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 49m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.