• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8305 users

[M] (2) Mar Sara Fissure - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
July 08 2012 22:17 GMT
#21
Just a bunch of doodads. From the looks of it Mar Sara Bridge and Space Platform Archway Large with some other details.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 08 2012 22:39 GMT
#22
On July 09 2012 07:17 Coppermantis wrote:
Just a bunch of doodads. From the looks of it Mar Sara Bridge and Space Platform Archway Large with some other details.


the hard part is getting the top to act like terrain, whilst making you able to see under it. I'm testing out a few things.
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 08 2012 23:34 GMT
#23
I think I've almost worked it out. basically, you build the terrain for the bridge, then you need to hide the cliffs so that you can see underneath it. Then you cover up any gaps with doodads.

unfortunately as far as I can tell, there is no way to hide cliffs in that way. I then thought that I could extend the terrain past where I needed it, then lower the terrain below the lava level and hide the edges. this does actually seem to work but it can get quite messy and after studying pictures of Cherno, I don't think this is how it was done.

Am I on the right track?
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
July 08 2012 23:56 GMT
#24
How about Garden of Eden? Goddammit, bridges are the best thing in the world.
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
July 09 2012 02:04 GMT
#25
I thought you just meant these aesthetic bridges:

[image loading]


Now I assume you mean these?

[image loading]

Yeah, I can't say I know how to do those. I'd just say it's a cliff type somehow modified.
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
July 09 2012 04:26 GMT
#26
On July 09 2012 03:28 OxyGenesis wrote:
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm working on an update.

Does anyone know how the bridges were done on Cherno by Superouman?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=345022

Seems like an ESV secret.

If you're not trolling, then that's sad.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 09 2012 10:11 GMT
#27
Dragons of Eden looks like it has normal terrain acting like bridges (but spruced up with doodads). I think Cherno is the only map with the new type of bridge as far as I am aware. And yes Coppermantis, those are exactly the bridges I was talking about, they act like terrain (creep can be spread over them and forcefields work) but you can see underneath them. Next time I have sc2 open I shall try taking a closer look.

0neder, no trolling, any ESV members want to give up the secret?
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
July 09 2012 15:07 GMT
#28
I do believe Cherno is the only one with bridges like that which has been revealed.

I don't think I should give anything away without the consent of those who are actually working with these bridges and came up with the design in the first place.
all's fair in love and melodies
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-09 15:28:06
July 09 2012 15:25 GMT
#29
EDIT

wtf, I definitely typed this reply in a different thread.

Gfire, am I close with this? I have tried it out and it is definitely doable, but I can't get it as compact as Cherno. Is there some hidden way to hide cliffs?

On July 09 2012 08:34 OxyGenesis wrote:
I think I've almost worked it out. basically, you build the terrain for the bridge, then you need to hide the cliffs so that you can see underneath it. Then you cover up any gaps with doodads.

unfortunately as far as I can tell, there is no way to hide cliffs in that way. I then thought that I could extend the terrain past where I needed it, then lower the terrain below the lava level and hide the edges. this does actually seem to work but it can get quite messy and after studying pictures of Cherno, I don't think this is how it was done.

Am I on the right track?
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
July 09 2012 15:27 GMT
#30
Yes, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188531.

Check out the mapmaking links compilation (needs an update but still useful,) http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=178253
all's fair in love and melodies
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 09 2012 15:29 GMT
#31
On July 10 2012 00:27 Gfire wrote:
Yes, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188531.

Check out the mapmaking links compilation (needs an update but still useful,) http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=178253


Thanks for your help Gfire, sorry for posting in the wrong thread, was suffering slightly from multiple-tab disorder. I knew I had seen a page like that before, very helpful, thanks again.

(see edit above for more on-topic)
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
July 09 2012 15:34 GMT
#32
It doesn't revolve around lowering the terrain under the lava. The terrain needs to be at the proper height or units will walk down into the lava and whatnot, I would imagine. Unless you have a Mar Sara bridge, then the units might stay up but the creep and such would go down.

To be honest I haven't made these bridges so I'm not exactly an expert.

I did use the terrain lowering technique to make aesthetic little islands and things at heights which aren't standard, though. That's pretty cool.
all's fair in love and melodies
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-09 17:19:54
July 09 2012 17:06 GMT
#33
Worked it out! (I think). Will try and make a tutorial tonight.

[image loading]

EDIT

works even better with diagonal cliffs. Time for more testing.

[image loading]
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-09 20:22:39
July 09 2012 18:24 GMT
#34
Congratulations OxyGenesis, it's the same method timetwister used and taught me for cherno
and i like your idea of using mar sara bridge with -0.3 height to hide the squares on the sides of the bridge
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 09 2012 19:19 GMT
#35
On July 10 2012 03:24 Superouman wrote:
Congratulations OxoGenesis, it's the same method timetwister used and taught me for cherno
and i like your idea of using mar sara bridge with -0.3 height to hide the squares on the sides of the bridge


Cheers! still not sure if we have done it the same way though
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
July 09 2012 21:40 GMT
#36
Now that I know how to do this I will use it all the time. Brilliance.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
July 10 2012 08:20 GMT
#37
Er, can someone please explain the process or link to somewhere that does?
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
D4V3Z02
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany693 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 09:06:00
July 10 2012 09:04 GMT
#38
Marsara Fissure sounds like Earthshaker, hehe. Splashtech and Forcefields seem to be very strong on this map :/.
http://www.twitch.tv/d4v3z02 all your base are belong to overlord
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 10 2012 09:24 GMT
#39
On July 10 2012 17:20 EatThePath wrote:
Er, can someone please explain the process or link to somewhere that does?


Timetwister was kind enough to make a tutorial!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=351586
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
DMR_Chane
Profile Joined July 2012
23 Posts
July 18 2012 15:23 GMT
#40
I love how you made use of the invisible cliff for the Bridges.

at first the layout seems stretched out but it seems really solid.

very original map.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason23
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4096
Liquid`Hasu2130
Other Games
summit1g5946
B2W.Neo580
byalli512
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe149
Railgan17
Chillindude14
Trikslyr9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 24m
Stellar Fest
16h 24m
Stellar Fest
16h 24m
Stellar Fest
16h 24m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.