• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:01
CEST 03:01
KST 10:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6009 users

[M] (2) Braxis IX - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Jebediah
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 04:26:36
June 06 2012 04:16 GMT
#21
On June 06 2012 12:18 Reptilia wrote:
i like it a lot but i feel that you can't choose to engage vs your opponent in a wide area.
I imagine this in a TvP where the protoss has a deathball and you must find an open area to do the engagement.


I think sitting in the open areas with your bioball, waiting for the Toss to move out and going for one of his expansions should do the trick. In the very lategame a PF on your side of the middle walkway might make the P think twice about pushing their - but I'm a Zerg player and I haven't seen/played any games on the map yet, so take that with a grain of salt.
If the Protss is taking highground expansions only, he should be susceptible to drops, since he has to cover a wide area of attack routes. If he goes for the expansion pattern Aunvilgod suggested, then the Protoss is expanding into wide areas anyway.

Btw: The fact that Aunvilgod suggests an expansion pattern different from the obvious one is a good sign in my opinion. I can't think of many maps in the ladder map pool that offer different viable expansions at relatively early stages of the game.
Timetwister22
Profile Joined March 2011
United States538 Posts
June 06 2012 05:11 GMT
#22
On June 06 2012 12:18 Reptilia wrote:
i like it a lot but i feel that you can't choose to engage vs your opponent in a wide area.
I imagine this in a TvP where the protoss has a deathball and you must find an open area to do the engagement.


This exactly, though I think this will mostly affect TvZ and PvZ. Both terran and protoss can take the quick and chokey central route all the way to the Zerg's base without coming in contact with a single open area. I suggest these changes as displayed in this pretty picture:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


-Narrow the ramp to the corner bases to really emphasize the use of air assaults against those bases. Right now you have it so that air is very powerful against these bases, but ground is still viable. Would be cooler imo if only air was really viable.

-Remove the smaller cliff by the xwt to open up that middle area more. Toss and terran can still go behind the other cliff for a chokier path vs zerg, but it's a longer route than going right though the open center. Makes room for a small risk vs reward factor.

-Open up the area in front of the forward thirds to allow zerg to engage toss and terran if they decide to go through the center high ground path.

-Get rid of the half base. I guess it's kinda cool, but it doesn't fit this map at all as it's quite frankly pointless in this situation. This would also bring the number of bases to 6 for each player, which is much more respectable for a 2p map.

-Push the nat choke over a bit and the backdoor back a bit to make the backdoor less of an offensive tool and more of a defenders tool to help secure the lower base. This change is simply a mappers preference and isn't really necessary. I'm just not a fan of offensive back doors.

-At the low ground third, put a gas on the other side. It's kind of awkward right now, and would be even more so if you decide to implement the choke/backdoor change.

After those changes, I think this map would be quite solid. Nothing too interesting or innovative, but solid nevertheless. Nice work!
Former ESV Mapmaker | @Timetwister22
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 05:29:13
June 06 2012 05:28 GMT
#23
Well, shoot, lol. I've made my update to the OP, the show the updated analyzer images, as well as the new lighting. And then you come in, Timetwister.

To be honest though, I do like a lot of the changes. Although I probably won't do 100%(probably more like 95%) of them, I will take them all into account. I'm just a bit concerned that some of them might make the map less interesting, as you say. I shall see what happens in the editor.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 07 2012 00:58 GMT
#24
Alright, I've got a new overview, to show off the changes(most of which Timetwister has thoughtfully suggested):

[image loading]

-for the natural, I left the backdoor as is, but pushed the choke slightly towards it
-removed the central expansions, and opened up the high ground path through the center(near the CW 3rd bases)
-further opened up the low ground areas, to make moving through them more awesome
-narrowed the ramp to the corner bases to just 1-width, encouraging air harass more often

Lemme know how it looks
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
NyghtTyme
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3 Posts
June 07 2012 03:07 GMT
#25
I really like the feel of the map. Multiple attack paths, ample bases that can be slightly tricky to defend, a corner semi-hidden base...it all looks very good. If I had one suggestion it would be to maybe elongate the map (make it wider). I'm not sure how big it is in terms of time specs, but it seems like the map could have some really epic games on it if it wasn't so, I don't know, cheese friendly. Just from the overview, it looks compact.

I will say to not change any of the bases: I love the close feel of the thirds/corners and fifths/corners. It provides a lot of late game edge that I wouldn't change at all.
"I don't need anger management, I just need people to stop pissing me off."
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
July 16 2012 03:00 GMT
#26
This map is really way too bright.

Just played a bo3 pvp on it, that middle path seems to really heavily favour colossus play, I can imagine it would be really horrible for TvP

Otherwise I didn't mind the layout
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 16 2012 10:37 GMT
#27
Very cool map, I like it a lot. I think the changes you've made help it a lot. The aesthetics could probably be more interesting though.
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
July 16 2012 10:51 GMT
#28
The aesthetics are really nice, kind of miss the ice maps
John 15:13
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech145
ViBE134
Nathanias 81
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15063
Rain 1552
GuemChi 917
Artosis 668
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
Counter-Strike
taco 44
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox989
Mew2King75
Other Games
summit1g7086
shahzam721
WinterStarcraft496
JimRising 460
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta23
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra486
• Shiphtur385
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 59m
INu's Battles
9h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 59m
OSC
21h 14m
Replay Cast
21h 59m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.