• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:07
CEST 02:07
KST 09:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7834 users

MotM May - Submissions - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
May 19 2012 00:49 GMT
#101
I can't finish decorating this map in time for the deadline, so here it is before I forget to submit it. I'm making very very many custom textures for it. Whoever plays it will probably notice some of them immediately.

Map Name: Rainbow Road
Map Author: lovablemikey
Playable Bounds: 148x134
+ Show Spoiler [Overview and an extra picture] +
[image loading]

[image loading]
PandaZerg
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada148 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 01:47:31
May 19 2012 01:40 GMT
#102
I have inspected Rainbow Road via NA servers. Nice work on textures
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
May 19 2012 02:06 GMT
#103
On May 10 2012 07:34 Diamond wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but with no prize either there is not a single reason for us to enter. And if one of our maps that could have been a killer map gets rushed and sucks even once for a tournament with no prize and no tournaments that use the results, that is one map too many.

I think mapmaking has got to the point where you NEED to have tournament backing or prizes, you would not expect EG to play in tournaments with no prize, why should we?

Either way, regardless of the reasons, the decision stands at this point, sorry.


what a ridiculously elitist and shameful statement
starleague forever
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
May 19 2012 03:13 GMT
#104
On May 19 2012 11:06 a176 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 07:34 Diamond wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but with no prize either there is not a single reason for us to enter. And if one of our maps that could have been a killer map gets rushed and sucks even once for a tournament with no prize and no tournaments that use the results, that is one map too many.

I think mapmaking has got to the point where you NEED to have tournament backing or prizes, you would not expect EG to play in tournaments with no prize, why should we?

Either way, regardless of the reasons, the decision stands at this point, sorry.


what a ridiculously elitist and shameful statement

As much as I respect ESV and its members, I've got to agree. It's as if everyone behind these contests(and on top of as well in the case of ESV) has completely forgotten what mapmaking was about for all of us - fun. We didn't start mapping because we saw someone else' map and go "I will do this thing specifically, and I will dominate it with a cold iron fist!", we started because we saw someone else' map and thought "wow, that's cool, I didn't know people could do that, I wanna try!".

I might not be in TPW or ESV, but if it meant forgoing the very reason I make maps, I wouldn't want to be. Learn to have some fun with this guys, if you can't then you're missing the point.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
May 19 2012 06:47 GMT
#105
On May 19 2012 11:06 a176 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 07:34 Diamond wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but with no prize either there is not a single reason for us to enter. And if one of our maps that could have been a killer map gets rushed and sucks even once for a tournament with no prize and no tournaments that use the results, that is one map too many.

I think mapmaking has got to the point where you NEED to have tournament backing or prizes, you would not expect EG to play in tournaments with no prize, why should we?

Either way, regardless of the reasons, the decision stands at this point, sorry.


what a ridiculously elitist and shameful statement
There's also a subtle hidden fallacy in the logic. The point is that EG specifically plays for tournaments and wouldn't have played those matches if the tournament wasn't there. Whereas people are going to make those maps anyway regardless of MotM, so you might as well submit it.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 19 2012 08:09 GMT
#106
On May 19 2012 15:47 SiskosGoatee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 11:06 a176 wrote:
On May 10 2012 07:34 Diamond wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but with no prize either there is not a single reason for us to enter. And if one of our maps that could have been a killer map gets rushed and sucks even once for a tournament with no prize and no tournaments that use the results, that is one map too many.

I think mapmaking has got to the point where you NEED to have tournament backing or prizes, you would not expect EG to play in tournaments with no prize, why should we?

Either way, regardless of the reasons, the decision stands at this point, sorry.


what a ridiculously elitist and shameful statement
There's also a subtle hidden fallacy in the logic. The point is that EG specifically plays for tournaments and wouldn't have played those matches if the tournament wasn't there. Whereas people are going to make those maps anyway regardless of MotM, so you might as well submit it.


I don't see the BIG deal with ESV's decision. There were a ton of teamless mappers who were complaining about not having a chance in MOTM if you weren't on a team. I understand where their feelings were coming from. They received no recognition. No feedback on how they can improve to receive recognition in the future and given the relationship between judges and mappers on teams it gives the appearance of cronyism. I don't believe that to be the case but given the amateur's position I can see how they jump to that conclusion. Therefore given that the only benefit at this point to MOTM is recognition and ESV has that in abundance right now because of their recent success just slapping ESV on a map gives it instant recognition, they are bowing out of MOTM. The recognition is not as beneficial to them as it is to a small time mapper, they want to focus on getting their maps in tournaments i.e. they want to produce the highest quality maps possible, and they stop crowding others out. The way I see it they are being somewhat generous.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
May 19 2012 08:10 GMT
#107
On May 19 2012 10:40 PandaZerg wrote:
I have inspected Rainbow Road via NA servers. Nice work on textures

You're too kind.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
May 19 2012 13:24 GMT
#108
On May 19 2012 17:09 MarcusRife wrote:
I don't see the BIG deal with ESV's decision. There were a ton of teamless mappers who were complaining about not having a chance in MOTM if you weren't on a team. I understand where their feelings were coming from. They received no recognition. No feedback on how they can improve to receive recognition in the future and given the relationship between judges and mappers on teams it gives the appearance of cronyism. I don't believe that to be the case but given the amateur's position I can see how they jump to that conclusion. Therefore given that the only benefit at this point to MOTM is recognition and ESV has that in abundance right now because of their recent success just slapping ESV on a map gives it instant recognition, they are bowing out of MOTM. The recognition is not as beneficial to them as it is to a small time mapper, they want to focus on getting their maps in tournaments i.e. they want to produce the highest quality maps possible, and they stop crowding others out. The way I see it they are being somewhat generous.

That's one way to see it. However, the winner of a MotM where ESV doesn't participate has to question whether they would still have won otherwise, or even made it to the top 5 selection. Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their own view of it, but I think the recognition would be so much more significant if it was earned despite ESV's presence, not because of the lack of it. That, and they all put out really cool stuff, and I can always use more inspiration.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
May 19 2012 15:45 GMT
#109
On May 19 2012 15:47 SiskosGoatee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 11:06 a176 wrote:
On May 10 2012 07:34 Diamond wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but with no prize either there is not a single reason for us to enter. And if one of our maps that could have been a killer map gets rushed and sucks even once for a tournament with no prize and no tournaments that use the results, that is one map too many.

I think mapmaking has got to the point where you NEED to have tournament backing or prizes, you would not expect EG to play in tournaments with no prize, why should we?

Either way, regardless of the reasons, the decision stands at this point, sorry.


what a ridiculously elitist and shameful statement
There's also a subtle hidden fallacy in the logic. The point is that EG specifically plays for tournaments and wouldn't have played those matches if the tournament wasn't there. Whereas people are going to make those maps anyway regardless of MotM, so you might as well submit it.


That's the point exactly- we actually don't have maps regardless of MotM. It happens all too often that we rush out maps to submit to motm, and it degrades the quality of them. That is the major reason why we're backing out at this point. I can see where all the criticism comes from, but right now it hurts our maps when its not necessary, since there aren't any tournaments or prizes for the competition.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
May 19 2012 17:11 GMT
#110
Just in time !

Dark Shines
ArcticRaven
[image loading]
148x148
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 05:25:18
May 19 2012 17:27 GMT
#111
On May 20 2012 02:11 ArcticRaven wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Just in time !

Dark Shines
ArcticRaven
[image loading]
148x148

Damn, that's a painful overview. Too bad that's the required format, huh? trololololol :D

Anyway, I would like, if I may, to update my entry, VR:

+ Show Spoiler [old entry] +
[image loading]


[image loading]
Playable 144* still, and same author of course.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
May 19 2012 17:59 GMT
#112
Reactor
Oshovah
172x164
[image loading]
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
May 19 2012 18:06 GMT
#113
TPW Silver Sands
by Meltage
158x124

[image loading]

Thread
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 20:39:27
May 19 2012 19:31 GMT
#114
On May 19 2012 22:24 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 17:09 MarcusRife wrote:
I don't see the BIG deal with ESV's decision. There were a ton of teamless mappers who were complaining about not having a chance in MOTM if you weren't on a team. I understand where their feelings were coming from. They received no recognition. No feedback on how they can improve to receive recognition in the future and given the relationship between judges and mappers on teams it gives the appearance of cronyism. I don't believe that to be the case but given the amateur's position I can see how they jump to that conclusion. Therefore given that the only benefit at this point to MOTM is recognition and ESV has that in abundance right now because of their recent success just slapping ESV on a map gives it instant recognition, they are bowing out of MOTM. The recognition is not as beneficial to them as it is to a small time mapper, they want to focus on getting their maps in tournaments i.e. they want to produce the highest quality maps possible, and they stop crowding others out. The way I see it they are being somewhat generous.

That's one way to see it. However, the winner of a MotM where ESV doesn't participate has to question whether they would still have won otherwise, or even made it to the top 5 selection. Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their own view of it, but I think the recognition would be so much more significant if it was earned despite ESV's presence, not because of the lack of it. That, and they all put out really cool stuff, and I can always use more inspiration.


That argument is a little too meta in my opinion. From my perspective my map is what it is when I enter it. I either get recognition or I don't. I'm already doing the best I can. ESV's participation or lack thereof does not affect me beyond increasing my chances.
robodonut
Profile Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 21:14:01
May 19 2012 20:29 GMT
#115
Delta-v
robodonut
[image loading]
Playable Bounds: 128x128

Thread
Rkynick
Profile Joined December 2011
85 Posts
May 20 2012 00:36 GMT
#116
Cracked Cell
by Rkynick
Bounds: 128 x 132

[image loading]
Icetoad
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada262 Posts
May 20 2012 00:42 GMT
#117
TPW Alamar Depths
by Icetoad
Bounds: 144x144
[image loading]
Map thread
Map Maker of Nimbus
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
May 20 2012 02:15 GMT
#118
There are a ton of big 2p reflectional maps this time around. I've counted 5, compared to like 1 last month.

also, Rainbow Road looks awesome.

------------------

While I don't like that ESV is no longer participating in MOTM (forever?), I understand that there is little incentive for them to enter new maps (and possibly a liability if they lose with a map they rushed out just for the motm deadline, (which additionally may be determined by a number of factors outside of their control, such as the makeup of the judging panel and the quality of other maps submitted)).
This is it... the alpaca lips.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 20 2012 03:06 GMT
#119
On May 20 2012 00:45 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 15:47 SiskosGoatee wrote:
On May 19 2012 11:06 a176 wrote:
On May 10 2012 07:34 Diamond wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but with no prize either there is not a single reason for us to enter. And if one of our maps that could have been a killer map gets rushed and sucks even once for a tournament with no prize and no tournaments that use the results, that is one map too many.

I think mapmaking has got to the point where you NEED to have tournament backing or prizes, you would not expect EG to play in tournaments with no prize, why should we?

Either way, regardless of the reasons, the decision stands at this point, sorry.


what a ridiculously elitist and shameful statement
There's also a subtle hidden fallacy in the logic. The point is that EG specifically plays for tournaments and wouldn't have played those matches if the tournament wasn't there. Whereas people are going to make those maps anyway regardless of MotM, so you might as well submit it.


That's the point exactly- we actually don't have maps regardless of MotM. It happens all too often that we rush out maps to submit to motm, and it degrades the quality of them. That is the major reason why we're backing out at this point. I can see where all the criticism comes from, but right now it hurts our maps when its not necessary, since there aren't any tournaments or prizes for the competition.


If you're not done with a map, why would you submit it to MotM? If you need a team policy that says NO MOTM so as not to feel pressure to complete maps on a deadline, I hope that works for you. It just seems like overkill. And we feel alienated (obviously). Moreover, why would you announce that? Just don't submit any maps. I am perplexed that this is a discussion.

(Not directed at you personally, moni)
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 21:32:36
May 20 2012 03:16 GMT
#120
Map Name: Burning Straits
Map Author: RFDaemoniac
Playable Bounds: 140 x 140

Used to be 6m1hyg, I just did a straight conversion for this (Barrin I will be updating the FRB labled maps that I have to use your mod in the coming week). One of the bases on each side is 6m1hyg and one is 4m2hyg, all others are 8m2g
[image loading]
Map Thread

EDIT: I had some issues uploading so I had uploaded it as Winding Straits by chips, but since that name is now taken I had to change it when I could finally upload it, so it's now Burning Straits
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings75
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE139
ProTech121
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
910 73
NaDa 22
Bale 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever423
canceldota165
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4625
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 431
C9.Mang0395
ToD61
PPMD29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP66
• poizon28 32
• davetesta12
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra957
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.