• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:57
CEST 12:57
KST 19:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8842 users

[M] (4) ESV Golden Valley - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Inside.Out
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada569 Posts
May 07 2012 00:31 GMT
#21
id say put a tower on the outside corner of each of those middle high ground blocks.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
May 07 2012 03:28 GMT
#22
On May 07 2012 09:31 EcstatiC wrote:
id say put a tower on the outside corner of each of those middle high ground blocks.

I'd do this, and add 1 in the center, and keep the 4 on the outside.

We need a 4p map with 9 watchtowers. Shake things up a little!
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
May 10 2012 20:13 GMT
#23
Alright, I updated the map with aesthetics adjustments, a watchtower in the middle now and none on the sides, and some losb. I also added some critters. Please tell me what you think.
all's fair in love and melodies
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 27 2012 22:26 GMT
#24
ESV Golden Valley will make it's debut in the ESV TV Korean Weekly Open this weekend.

I've updated the OP showing the latest version. I've polished up the aesthetics a fair bit and fixed some bugs. It's now uploaded on KR, SEA, EU and NA servers.
all's fair in love and melodies
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 27 2012 23:19 GMT
#25
I feel trolled. When did this happen?
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 27 2012 23:25 GMT
#26
On June 28 2012 08:19 NewSunshine wrote:
I feel trolled. When did this happen?


There's an announcement coming soon. Anyway congrats on getting Golden Valley into the weekly and I look forward to seeing it!!
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 27 2012 23:52 GMT
#27
On June 28 2012 08:19 NewSunshine wrote:
I feel trolled. When did this happen?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was supposed to be an announced, but Golden Valley got into the pool before it ever came out.
all's fair in love and melodies
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 28 2012 00:10 GMT
#28
On June 28 2012 08:25 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 08:19 NewSunshine wrote:
I feel trolled. When did this happen?


There's an announcement coming soon. Anyway congrats on getting Golden Valley into the weekly and I look forward to seeing it!!

Is there some new layout he's come up with that I'm missing or something? I understand one will work on a WIP with people through Skype weeks before posting, but I'm stumped. I don't see why he's being added to the ESV roster. Timetwister was a sudden move, and one that looked premature, but even that was a more justified addition than this. Gfire has a few WIP's so far besides this, but I don't see why he's considered a solid addition to the same team that has Jacky on it. Maybe there's some overriding goal they're trying to accomplish, but I don't understand.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
SFGIANTS91
Profile Joined October 2011
United States51 Posts
June 28 2012 00:32 GMT
#29
love it
DUDE! Where's my mothership???
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 00:32:52
June 28 2012 00:32 GMT
#30
On June 28 2012 09:10 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 08:25 monitor wrote:
On June 28 2012 08:19 NewSunshine wrote:
I feel trolled. When did this happen?


There's an announcement coming soon. Anyway congrats on getting Golden Valley into the weekly and I look forward to seeing it!!

Is there some new layout he's come up with that I'm missing or something? I understand one will work on a WIP with people through Skype weeks before posting, but I'm stumped. I don't see why he's being added to the ESV roster. Timetwister was a sudden move, and one that looked premature, but even that was a more justified addition than this. Gfire has a few WIP's so far besides this, but I don't see why he's considered a solid addition to the same team that has Jacky on it. Maybe there's some overriding goal they're trying to accomplish, but I don't understand.

Sorry, if I had known you had that attitude I wouldn't have responded so... lightheartedly.

On June 28 2012 09:32 SFGIANTS91 wrote:
love it

Thanks. ^^
all's fair in love and melodies
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
June 28 2012 00:34 GMT
#31
On June 28 2012 09:10 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 08:25 monitor wrote:
On June 28 2012 08:19 NewSunshine wrote:
I feel trolled. When did this happen?


There's an announcement coming soon. Anyway congrats on getting Golden Valley into the weekly and I look forward to seeing it!!

Is there some new layout he's come up with that I'm missing or something? I understand one will work on a WIP with people through Skype weeks before posting, but I'm stumped. I don't see why he's being added to the ESV roster. Timetwister was a sudden move, and one that looked premature, but even that was a more justified addition than this. Gfire has a few WIP's so far besides this, but I don't see why he's considered a solid addition to the same team that has Jacky on it. Maybe there's some overriding goal they're trying to accomplish, but I don't understand.


Luckily for us only I have to understand. I have yet to make a bad choice, give me some trust.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 00:46:15
June 28 2012 00:39 GMT
#32
A good map is a good map. Congratulations. If anything this should be exciting for budding mapmakers, not met with jealousy. If you pull off a good map you can be rewarded.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 28 2012 00:43 GMT
#33
On June 28 2012 09:32 Gfire wrote:
Sorry, if I had known you had that attitude I wouldn't have responded so... lightheartedly.

I have nothing against you at all, and I'm glad to see you make more maps instead of just commenting on them. My point is that unless Diamond knows something I don't, it would appear ESV is lowering their standards. You're not a bad mapmaker, but to be acquired by ESV so quickly seems... off. Who knows, I'll give it some time.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
June 28 2012 00:51 GMT
#34
On June 28 2012 09:43 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 09:32 Gfire wrote:
Sorry, if I had known you had that attitude I wouldn't have responded so... lightheartedly.

I have nothing against you at all, and I'm glad to see you make more maps instead of just commenting on them. My point is that unless Diamond knows something I don't, it would appear ESV is lowering their standards. You're not a bad mapmaker, but to be acquired by ESV so quickly seems... off. Who knows, I'll give it some time.


If I didn't know things other people did not do you think I would have helped raised the premiere map team?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 28 2012 00:52 GMT
#35
On June 28 2012 09:43 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 09:32 Gfire wrote:
Sorry, if I had known you had that attitude I wouldn't have responded so... lightheartedly.

I have nothing against you at all, and I'm glad to see you make more maps instead of just commenting on them. My point is that unless Diamond knows something I don't, it would appear ESV is lowering their standards. You're not a bad mapmaker, but to be acquired by ESV so quickly seems... off. Who knows, I'll give it some time.


We recruited him because he showed that knows the basics of the editor, he responds well to criticism, and has a good attitude.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 28 2012 01:12 GMT
#36
On June 28 2012 09:43 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 09:32 Gfire wrote:
Sorry, if I had known you had that attitude I wouldn't have responded so... lightheartedly.

I have nothing against you at all, and I'm glad to see you make more maps instead of just commenting on them. My point is that unless Diamond knows something I don't, it would appear ESV is lowering their standards. You're not a bad mapmaker, but to be acquired by ESV so quickly seems... off. Who knows, I'll give it some time.

You mean because I don't post a lot of maps? I mean, obviously I hadn't gotten a map into a pool before joining ESV, but that's kind of a steep requirement. It's hard enough to get a map into pools even on a team. But I've been making maps since the day the editor came out during beta, so it's not exactly quickly.

But you know, I can't say I wasn't a bit surprised, myself. And I hope to prove that I can be up to those high standards.
all's fair in love and melodies
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 01:32:36
June 28 2012 01:30 GMT
#37
On June 28 2012 09:52 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 09:43 NewSunshine wrote:
On June 28 2012 09:32 Gfire wrote:
Sorry, if I had known you had that attitude I wouldn't have responded so... lightheartedly.

I have nothing against you at all, and I'm glad to see you make more maps instead of just commenting on them. My point is that unless Diamond knows something I don't, it would appear ESV is lowering their standards. You're not a bad mapmaker, but to be acquired by ESV so quickly seems... off. Who knows, I'll give it some time.


We recruited him because he showed that knows the basics of the editor, he responds well to criticism, and has a good attitude.

So do I :o
But I don't expect to be picked up by any team any time soon...
A good map is a good map. Congratulations. If anything this should be exciting for budding mapmakers, not met with jealousy. If you pull off a good map you can be rewarded.

I agree also, but this is a pretty competitive community so every budding mapmaker is trying to get recognized.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 02:06:39
June 28 2012 02:04 GMT
#38
I like the map but I feel it is just way too similar to Whirlwind, especially since WW is now just starting to get so popular with GSL picking it up.

I also dislike the 1/2 bases for 3rds/4ths. Especially since it's all double wide ramps to get those bases good luck against any 2 base timing push. Yet even if you meet them as they are crossing in the middle of the map they also have all those ramps to defend on. I also dislike that you can cliffwalk from one of the thirds into the main. It'll only promote 1 or 2 base play even more, it'll be a perfect spot for terran to leapfrog tanks/bio, it'll be perfect for blink stalkers and forcefields (especially with the 2x-ramp).

Congratulations on getting it into ESV map pool, that's awesome and it'll be a blast to see games played on your map. Unfortunately I don't care for this map just because as I said earlier I just feel it's a worse version of Whirlwind. (This isn't a bad thing at all though because it's still a great map!)

Keep up the good work though bud!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 28 2012 02:12 GMT
#39
On June 28 2012 09:52 monitor wrote:
We recruited him because he showed that knows the basics of the editor, he responds well to criticism, and has a good attitude.

I'm not so sure that makes for sufficient criteria when it comes to joining the 'premiere mapping team'. It's a good reason for ESV members to give comments and feedback for his maps, and if he proves himself at some point then recruit him, but I'm saying this looks like a snap decision. And also, if you're looking for mappers that have maps with potential, respond well to criticism, and work well with already established mapmakers, what's wrong with waiting for MotM?

I don't want to come off as rude, and if I did I probably overreacted. I don't wish to argue with you guys.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 28 2012 02:42 GMT
#40
On June 28 2012 11:12 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 09:52 monitor wrote:
We recruited him because he showed that knows the basics of the editor, he responds well to criticism, and has a good attitude.

I'm not so sure that makes for sufficient criteria when it comes to joining the 'premiere mapping team'. It's a good reason for ESV members to give comments and feedback for his maps, and if he proves himself at some point then recruit him, but I'm saying this looks like a snap decision. And also, if you're looking for mappers that have maps with potential, respond well to criticism, and work well with already established mapmakers, what's wrong with waiting for MotM?

I don't want to come off as rude, and if I did I probably overreacted. I don't wish to argue with you guys.


It wasn't a rushed decision at all, we took weeks (if not months) to decide who was right. "Basic skills of the editor" wasn't exactly what I meant - we were looking for somebody who was really good. And I'm not saying you or anybody else isn't "really good", I just mean that I shouldn't have been so loose with the explanation. Another major factor was how active and dedicated the person was, and Gfire showed that he is to us. All of the ESV members agreed that we wanted some fresh blood that we could help along the way (we were getting less and less active- and I can tell you now, we've got a lot of projects in the works). Anyway lets limit this to a skype chat from now on so we don't derail this thread too much. Just wait for the announcement otherwise.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko255
SpeCial 74
ProTech17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16015
firebathero 2341
Bisu 942
Hyuk 627
Horang2 526
Larva 304
BeSt 255
Light 185
Mini 173
EffOrt 146
[ Show more ]
Soma 128
Rush 95
Leta 92
Barracks 78
ZerO 58
Mong 58
Pusan 57
ToSsGirL 50
Killer 48
Sharp 36
Shinee 32
Yoon 32
Aegong 32
Mind 29
sorry 27
NaDa 26
Sexy 26
Bale 22
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
zelot 14
Snow 13
JulyZerg 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 373
Fuzer 181
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss970
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1038
crisheroes929
Other Games
gofns27954
singsing1881
olofmeister1194
B2W.Neo188
Mew2King81
Livibee57
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH108
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 3m
OSC
11h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 3m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.