• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:46
CEST 08:46
KST 15:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8565 users

[M] Shmorgishborg

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
February 28 2011 15:48 GMT
#1
Shmorgishborg

1v1
6 blue expansions
2 gold expansions
1 Xel' Naga Watch Tower

+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]


Update: 02.28.2011
This is an old map that I reworked. I think it's a pretty map even though it isn't the most interesting. I realize that it looks similar to Xel' Naga Cavers, but I swear it's a coincidence!

Visit lovablemikey's Map Thread for more maps!
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
February 28 2011 16:00 GMT
#2
looks 2 small for me.

Kind of a mix between steppes and xnc
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
February 28 2011 16:11 GMT
#3
looks can be deceiving
142.9 is about the same as xnc (143.6), which is a good distance for a 1v1 map imho
i like the use of the cliff model to create the beautiful unique center party.
maybe a little too many rocks and los blockers
overall a very solid map! is this on eu?
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
March 02 2011 04:28 GMT
#4
On March 01 2011 01:00 AT_Tack wrote:
looks 2 small for me.

Kind of a mix between steppes and xnc

Too small!? Maybe, it's just right!

Yeah, it isn't the most original design. It ended up being suspiciously similar to Xel' Naga Cavers, but I didn't realize that until after it was finished. Maybe I should call it Xel' Naga Jungle.

On March 01 2011 01:11 lefix wrote:
looks can be deceiving
142.9 is about the same as xnc (143.6), which is a good distance for a 1v1 map imho
i like the use of the cliff model to create the beautiful unique center party.
maybe a little too many rocks and los blockers
overall a very solid map! is this on eu?

No, it's only on the NA server. Sorry.

Thanks for the compliment. I'll have to test it more before I make a decision on the sight blockers and destructible rocks. Now that they're on my radar, I'll be sure to find out.
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
March 02 2011 05:29 GMT
#5
The short distance is like Steppes of War
The natural expansion orientation is like Xel-Naga Caverns
The two-sided entrance that goes straight into the natural is like Kulas Ravine
The positioning of the second expansions is similar to Blistering Sands

An interesting mix (:
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
March 02 2011 07:25 GMT
#6
The name makes me think its a city/town in the game magicka

Or something the chef from the muppets would cook

Anyway, its small indeed, or it looks like that. The gold area im not sure about , its huge compared to everything else...
KCCO!
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
March 03 2011 22:57 GMT
#7
On March 02 2011 14:29 JerKy wrote:
The short distance is like Steppes of War
The natural expansion orientation is like Xel-Naga Caverns
The two-sided entrance that goes straight into the natural is like Kulas Ravine
The positioning of the second expansions is similar to Blistering Sands

An interesting mix (:

I guess that makes me a big fat copy cat.

On March 02 2011 16:25 ihasaKAROT wrote:
The name makes me think its a city/town in the game magicka

Or something the chef from the muppets would cook

Anyway, its small indeed, or it looks like that. The gold area im not sure about , its huge compared to everything else...

I don't know magicka, but if it uses name like Shmorgishborg, I'm all for it.

I know the gold areas are big, but it doesn't seem to affect the game too much. Until a glaring problem reveals itself, I'll keep it as it is.
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
March 04 2011 08:37 GMT
#8
I think the Layout Looks really good, though a Bit Wide ( many pathes to Control)
Maybe you want to scale the Gold down to the Point where it is Not reachable by siegetanks Sitzung at the two Central expansions. Then you could also Shrink the boundaries.

Rushdistance is Fine

The individuell Parts of the Map Flow into Each other really well! I like it.
Talking about jealousy....

Is it online somewhere?
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
March 06 2011 15:55 GMT
#9
A good map but very small map... by the looks of it but well with some work it will be awesome!!! Great Job keep it up!! :D
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
March 07 2011 04:07 GMT
#10
On March 04 2011 17:37 Samro225am wrote:
I think the Layout Looks really good, though a Bit Wide ( many pathes to Control)
Maybe you want to scale the Gold down to the Point where it is Not reachable by siegetanks Sitzung at the two Central expansions. Then you could also Shrink the boundaries.

Rushdistance is Fine

The individuell Parts of the Map Flow into Each other really well! I like it.
Talking about jealousy....

Is it online somewhere?

Thanks! I think this map is the same size as Xel' Naga Caverns. Everyone seems to be OK with its size so I think I'll leave this map alone. At least, I'll leave it alone until the size proves to be a problem. Right now, I haven't tested it at all so I can't say.

I appreciate the feedback. A lot of my maps have been improved thanks to suggestions like these.

On March 07 2011 00:55 TemplarCo. wrote:
A good map but very small map... by the looks of it but well with some work it will be awesome!!! Great Job keep it up!! :D

Thanks! Like I said to Samro225am, I'll keep the size as it is until testing proves it's a problem. I'll definitely be on the look out though.
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
March 07 2011 04:25 GMT
#11
On March 04 2011 07:57 lovablemikey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2011 14:29 JerKy wrote:
The short distance is like Steppes of War
The natural expansion orientation is like Xel-Naga Caverns
The two-sided entrance that goes straight into the natural is like Kulas Ravine
The positioning of the second expansions is similar to Blistering Sands

An interesting mix (:

I guess that makes me a big fat copy cat.

Show nested quote +
On March 02 2011 16:25 ihasaKAROT wrote:
The name makes me think its a city/town in the game magicka

Or something the chef from the muppets would cook

Anyway, its small indeed, or it looks like that. The gold area im not sure about , its huge compared to everything else...

I don't know magicka, but if it uses name like Shmorgishborg, I'm all for it.

I know the gold areas are big, but it doesn't seem to affect the game too much. Until a glaring problem reveals itself, I'll keep it as it is.


Magicka is awesome. Download steam, download Magicka
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Hyuk 237
Leta 228
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 25
Shinee 22
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm233
League of Legends
JimRising 773
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8816
WinterStarcraft507
Nina64
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1413
• Lourlo1138
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 14m
INu's Battles
5h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 14m
Replay Cast
16h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.