• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9664 users

[SC2] A Thorough Examination - Page 14

Forum Index > News
332 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Psilver
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada82 Posts
June 29 2009 19:39 GMT
#261
I didn't read all the pages, but, am I the only one to think that the spine crawler is the most awful building ever? I mean, his "tongue" is so thin in comparison to BW and it doesn't even attack by passing through the ground which make the attack look really ugly and imagine 5 of these attacking a Terran rush.
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
June 29 2009 19:40 GMT
#262
On June 30 2009 04:39 Psilver wrote:
I didn't read all the pages, but, am I the only one to think that the spine crawler is the most awful building ever? I mean, his "tongue" is so thin in comparison to BW and it doesn't even attack by passing through the ground which make the attack look really ugly and imagine 5 of these attacking a Terran rush.


I actually like it a lot But you know what they say: There's no accounting for taste.
Psilver
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada82 Posts
June 29 2009 19:41 GMT
#263
I guess I'll just have to get used to it
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3136 Posts
June 29 2009 19:46 GMT
#264
Wow...all the trolls are coming out of the woodwork.

And getting nuked.

Good writeup, though.
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
June 29 2009 19:51 GMT
#265
I kinda agree with the majority of the people about LAN, yea the LAN in it's original state will probably not be a part of SC2. However they did remove it because of features from BatteNet 2.0 so Bnet will probably have some super duper features LAN like features instead so it doesn't really matter. Don't complain until Blizzard has revealed BattleNet 2.0
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Crimson
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States311 Posts
June 29 2009 19:53 GMT
#266
New topic besides LAN...

Why not make the game mechanics an option? For example, if you want to play SC2 as SC2 is right now, good for you. But, what about the people that don't want MBS or unlimited unit selection or smart cast, but want a game more similar to BW? Just make an option to choose how you want to play right? I do not understand game programming much at all so I do not even know if this is possible, but it would be a nice addition as the current build of SC2 looks too "user friendly".

I am not sure if I explained the idea enough... but I will try to answer any questions you might have for what I mean.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
June 29 2009 19:56 GMT
#267
On June 30 2009 04:46 Captain Peabody wrote:
Wow...all the trolls are coming out of the woodwork.

And getting nuked.

Good writeup, though.


nukes are fun

did anyone use nukes at all?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
June 29 2009 20:15 GMT
#268
On June 30 2009 04:40 theqat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2009 04:39 Psilver wrote:
I didn't read all the pages, but, am I the only one to think that the spine crawler is the most awful building ever? I mean, his "tongue" is so thin in comparison to BW and it doesn't even attack by passing through the ground which make the attack look really ugly and imagine 5 of these attacking a Terran rush.


I actually like it a lot But you know what they say: There's no accounting for taste.


Me too. It also actually make sense in all situation unlike BW version, where the tongue could magically apear on different space platform over a huge space gap...
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
June 29 2009 20:20 GMT
#269
On June 30 2009 05:15 adelarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2009 04:40 theqat wrote:
On June 30 2009 04:39 Psilver wrote:
I didn't read all the pages, but, am I the only one to think that the spine crawler is the most awful building ever? I mean, his "tongue" is so thin in comparison to BW and it doesn't even attack by passing through the ground which make the attack look really ugly and imagine 5 of these attacking a Terran rush.


I actually like it a lot But you know what they say: There's no accounting for taste.


Me too. It also actually make sense in all situation unlike BW version, where the tongue could magically apear on different space platform over a huge space gap...


I hadn't even thought of it that way, but that's a perfect justification for it
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
June 29 2009 20:21 GMT
#270
On June 30 2009 05:15 adelarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2009 04:40 theqat wrote:
On June 30 2009 04:39 Psilver wrote:
I didn't read all the pages, but, am I the only one to think that the spine crawler is the most awful building ever? I mean, his "tongue" is so thin in comparison to BW and it doesn't even attack by passing through the ground which make the attack look really ugly and imagine 5 of these attacking a Terran rush.


I actually like it a lot But you know what they say: There's no accounting for taste.


Me too. It also actually make sense in all situation unlike BW version, where the tongue could magically apear on different space platform over a huge space gap...


my favorite is when i burrowed a group of zerglings on a transparent floor of glass with nothing but empty space below
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-29 20:23:21
June 29 2009 20:22 GMT
#271
On June 30 2009 04:56 StorZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2009 04:46 Captain Peabody wrote:
Wow...all the trolls are coming out of the woodwork.

And getting nuked.

Good writeup, though.


nukes are fun

did anyone use nukes at all?


Nukes cost no supply and build very quickly for a very low cost. I expect them to be used somewhat effectively. You still have time to dodge a nuke but to me it seems like they come just a tad faster then in SC1. Happy Nuking!
So wait? I'm bad? =(
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
June 29 2009 20:24 GMT
#272
Nice write up, good read.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
the hamburglar
Profile Joined June 2009
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-29 20:49:00
June 29 2009 20:47 GMT
#273
--- Nuked ---
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 29 2009 20:48 GMT
#274
I feel incredibly underwhelmed. If Bnet 2.0 is not absolutely SPECTACULAR when they finally reveal it's features, I'm gonna - well I'm gonna... I'm gonna write an angry post on tl. Fuck it.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
sely
Profile Joined June 2009
United States30 Posts
June 29 2009 20:55 GMT
#275
On June 30 2009 05:47 the hamburglar wrote:
I have 2 kids which are well provided for

Now I can see how fgt azn moderators who aren't old enough to drink alcohol or have grown pubic hair yet are going to be proud to bend over and take it

if you think you can get rid of me with your ridiculous IP bans, good luck. I have a feeling you will get tired before I do.


Sounds like you are setting a great example for your kids.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
June 29 2009 20:56 GMT
#276
On June 30 2009 05:47 the hamburglar wrote:
Let me make this clear: I have 2 kids which are well provided for and will have no problem buying a legit SC2 box to play on Bnet. This isn't the problem.

While it doesn't completely surprise me most of the mods here have to hush hush the QQ about no LAN, tell me: how in the hell is bnet 2.0 going to allow LAN play without logging into a centralized server, thus requiring an internet connection?

I'm not sure how I have to spell it out, but this does not help any gaming community.

Basically, if your internet goes down, or you just don't have a connection where you're situated, or ICS isn't enabled to let you log on bnet, or there's any kind of network problem on your LAN: tough shit, you can't play SC2.

Now I can see how fgt azn moderators who aren't old enough to drink alcohol or have grown pubic hair yet are going to be proud to bend over and take it (not targeting anyone particularly) but myself being 20 years old OVER 10 (what 9000?) YEARS AGO and actually enjoying the happy times when developers didn't literally shit on their fanbase, I have a problem with it. Is it that big a deal?

God forbid some gamers out there still have some sort of spine (insert spine crawler joke)

Lastly, being admin for a political forum that welcomes everything from neonazis to communists (it's quite entertaining), if you think you can get rid of me with your ridiculous IP bans, good luck. I have a feeling you will get tired before I do.


You are 20 years old and have 2 kids? Must suck being them.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
June 29 2009 20:59 GMT
#277
On June 30 2009 05:56 Integra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2009 05:47 the hamburglar wrote:
Let me make this clear: I have 2 kids which are well provided for and will have no problem buying a legit SC2 box to play on Bnet. This isn't the problem.

While it doesn't completely surprise me most of the mods here have to hush hush the QQ about no LAN, tell me: how in the hell is bnet 2.0 going to allow LAN play without logging into a centralized server, thus requiring an internet connection?

I'm not sure how I have to spell it out, but this does not help any gaming community.

Basically, if your internet goes down, or you just don't have a connection where you're situated, or ICS isn't enabled to let you log on bnet, or there's any kind of network problem on your LAN: tough shit, you can't play SC2.

Now I can see how fgt azn moderators who aren't old enough to drink alcohol or have grown pubic hair yet are going to be proud to bend over and take it (not targeting anyone particularly) but myself being 20 years old OVER 10 (what 9000?) YEARS AGO and actually enjoying the happy times when developers didn't literally shit on their fanbase, I have a problem with it. Is it that big a deal?

God forbid some gamers out there still have some sort of spine (insert spine crawler joke)

Lastly, being admin for a political forum that welcomes everything from neonazis to communists (it's quite entertaining), if you think you can get rid of me with your ridiculous IP bans, good luck. I have a feeling you will get tired before I do.


You are 20 years old and have 2 kids? Must suck being them.


I think he means he's 30 ("[I was 20 10 years ago]"), but if he's 30 and still writes like that he's got worse problems than being 20 and having two kids.
Felby
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway81 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-29 21:02:24
June 29 2009 21:00 GMT
#278
smart casting is when you have several units of the same type selected and cast selected spell, all off them wont cast it at the same time, only the first one in the stack will cast it, so you dont have to select all units individual units one of the other and cast it

im also pretty positive that the new bnet somehow will just auth you with the server and then you can go through the LAN options, since its super NDA there gotta be a massive bunch options yet to be revealed
the hamburglar
Profile Joined June 2009
United States6 Posts
June 29 2009 21:01 GMT
#279
--- Nuked ---
the hamburglar
Profile Joined June 2009
United States6 Posts
June 29 2009 21:02 GMT
#280
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft404
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2128
sorry 37
910 26
Bale 17
yabsab 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1159
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox825
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv463
WinterStarcraft319
C9.Mang0284
Livibee148
Sick131
Maynarde127
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Stunt375
Other Games
• Day9tv463
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 29m
Stellar Fest
8h 29m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.