• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:26
CEST 22:26
KST 05:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9326 users

TeamSpeak TL SC2 Open #21

Forum Index > News
40 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

TeamSpeak TL SC2 Open #21

Text byHeyoka
August 17th, 2011 17:02 GMT
[image loading]

Register Here

Registration opens on Thursday, Aug 18 10:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Tournament begins on Saturday, Aug 20 4:15pm GMT (GMT+00:00)



TeamSpeak TL SC2 Open #21 (NA)

TeamSpeak is sponsoring another TL SC2 Open Series again. The first series was a great success and produced some awesome games and provided the backbone for our TSL3 Qualifiers. You may recognize some of the past winners: Nerchio, Kas, Thorzain, White-Ra, HwangSin, and many others. Recently, Korean progamers have been entering, notably ZeNEX and Prime team members. Previous TL Open VODs can be found here.

The last TL Open, #20, was won by (Z)Terious, a Korean progamer from team Prime. He defeated (T)ZeNEXHack in the finals. Check out VODs and replays from that tournament here.

Click here to view early registered players for this week.


TeamSpeak has also provided us with an official TL TeamSpeak 3 server which has been running since November 2010. You'll see many TL users hanging out there at all hours of the day, and our staff use it as a place to play team games, watch movies, and interact with the TL community. Check it out!



TeamSpeak TL SC2 #21 Tournament Details

This tournament will have a prize pool of $200. Players who place high in these 12 tournaments will earn points and be invited to a single day invite tournament with $1,000 in prize money.

Registration for the tournament will open Thursday, Aug 18 10:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00).
Tournament begins on Saturday, Aug 20 4:15pm GMT (GMT+00:00).
View details and register here.

Professional players can PM Hot_Bid for early registration. Please include Bnet NA id, code#, race, and country.

For those that haven't participated in a TL Open before, it's a great opportunity to play in a well-run event broadcast by some great commentators. If you'd like to help cast the earlier rounds of a TL Open, feel free to apply here.



About our Sponsor

The TeamLiquid SC2 Open is proudly sponsored by TeamSpeak Systems GmbH, developers of popular TeamSpeak voice chat software for online gamers and now, with their latest TeamSpeak 3 SDK product, virtual worlds and integrated solutions. TeamSpeak enables groups of people to speak with one another over the Internet using their Windows, Mac, or Linux based computer, much like a telephone conference call. Android and iPhone support are also expected to be released in Q3 of 2011. A TeamSpeak user will typically wear a headset with an integrated microphone and connect to his guild or clan's TeamSpeak server to chat with fellow team mates, discuss strategy in real-time, or facilitate online events.

TeamSpeak 3 features include: in-game overlay for DirectX and OpenGL games, simplified permissions system with advanced user toggle, firewall friendly file transfer, BBCode enabled info panes, voice encryption toggle on a per-channel basis, global public web server list, tabbed multi-server connectivity, tabbed text chatting with logging, user avatars, friends lists, offline messaging, and a fully customizable client UI supporting skins, sound packs, and plugins. TeamSpeak is FREE to use for non-commercial entities.



If you are interested in sponsoring a TeamLiquid SC2 Open or one of our other events, please see our advertising / sponsorship page.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
BlueFlames
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1756 Posts
August 17 2011 17:07 GMT
#2
Why are all those tournaments on the weekends? I hate that i have to work on weekends :-(

Still will be watching the Vods as soon as they are available
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
August 17 2011 17:07 GMT
#3
That is move in day for me to my college
I wish good luck to everyone who can take part on this amazing TL event! I will be in the next one for sure! :D
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
August 17 2011 17:17 GMT
#4
I hope we don't see a Korean top 4 or whatever like the past few TL Opens...
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
Fermats_last
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
England336 Posts
August 17 2011 17:21 GMT
#5
Hope to see lots of ZeNEX again
The road goes ever ever on, down from the door where it began
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
August 17 2011 17:25 GMT
#6
On August 18 2011 02:07 BlueFlames wrote:
Why are all those tournaments on the weekends? I hate that i have to work on weekends :-(

Still will be watching the Vods as soon as they are available


Because most people don't have school or work on weekends... Yea I can understand, I sometimes have to work on weekend.

Yea, we could use a few more TL Opens before TSL4.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
mumming
Profile Joined June 2010
Faroe Islands256 Posts
August 17 2011 17:32 GMT
#7
Are we ever again gonna get EU tlopens?
Fermats_last
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
England336 Posts
August 17 2011 17:34 GMT
#8
On August 18 2011 02:32 mumming wrote:
Are we ever again gonna get EU tlopens?


I think they said they were all going to be NA now due to the high level of Korean Interest
The road goes ever ever on, down from the door where it began
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
August 17 2011 18:00 GMT
#9
Yay time for my first time in this :DDDD Hopefully i can win at least one round
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
August 17 2011 18:02 GMT
#10
been a while since the last one, nice to have one again
tQDanTe
Profile Joined January 2008
United States270 Posts
August 17 2011 18:03 GMT
#11
time to win this thing i hope!
UniqueKnowledge on PSN; Sup
TurbineBlade
Profile Joined July 2011
United States117 Posts
August 17 2011 18:07 GMT
#12
I cant wait!!
Incredible Miracle :: LosirA :: NaDa :: YellOw
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
August 17 2011 18:07 GMT
#13
On August 18 2011 02:34 Fermats_last wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 02:32 mumming wrote:
Are we ever again gonna get EU tlopens?


I think they said they were all going to be NA now due to the high level of Korean Interest


yeh this is true, unfortunate for some players (who dont have a US account) but good for the spectators

There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
August 17 2011 18:10 GMT
#14
Man, I would want to play so hard, but it is so late to play for me since I normally go sleep 10pm T.T
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
August 17 2011 18:24 GMT
#15
To be honest, even though I am from EU, I prefer them to be on NA since else it would be unplayable by either EU, KOR, or NA. Looking forward whether some gamers from NA or EU can stem themselves against the oncoming Korean wave. ^^"
Copenap
Profile Joined October 2010
723 Posts
August 17 2011 18:44 GMT
#16
Unfortunatly I can't participate myself so I hope a lot of foreign pros step in for me and take that first place, has been quite some time
Dakota69
Profile Joined March 2011
United States51 Posts
August 17 2011 18:57 GMT
#17
This time i will have victory...and by victory i mean i will get past the second round. Fear me all those who dare oppose me!
"My nipples are hard, I'm ready..I know your nipples are hard"--EGiNcontrol
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
August 17 2011 19:02 GMT
#18
Out of the 12, which number is this...7th?
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
August 17 2011 19:09 GMT
#19
6th
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Copenap
Profile Joined October 2010
723 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 19:10:55
August 17 2011 19:09 GMT
#20
On August 18 2011 04:02 Bonkarooni wrote:
Out of the 12, which number is this...7th?


What? This is not a TSL4 qualification TLOpen or what do you mean?

Edit: Or did TS say they are going to sponsor 12 TLOpens? If that's the case just ignore my answer.

Edit2: Figured it out myself, just ignore me -_-
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
August 17 2011 19:10 GMT
#21
On August 18 2011 04:09 Copenap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 04:02 Bonkarooni wrote:
Out of the 12, which number is this...7th?


What? This is not a TSL4 qualification TLOpen or what do you mean?


They said there would be 12 200 dollar tournaments to qualify for a 1,000 tournament. this is not TSL4 qualification. I was just curious how many more opens they have until the 1,000 tournament
Copenap
Profile Joined October 2010
723 Posts
August 17 2011 19:11 GMT
#22
On August 18 2011 04:10 Bonkarooni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 04:09 Copenap wrote:
On August 18 2011 04:02 Bonkarooni wrote:
Out of the 12, which number is this...7th?


What? This is not a TSL4 qualification TLOpen or what do you mean?


They said there would be 12 200 dollar tournaments to qualify for a 1,000 tournament. this is not TSL4 qualification. I was just curious how many more opens they have until the 1,000 tournament


Yeah just realised that, my bad -_-
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
August 17 2011 20:03 GMT
#23
Still not on EU server? Makes me sad
this game is a fucking jokie
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
August 17 2011 20:38 GMT
#24
hopefully i dont miss it
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 17 2011 20:42 GMT
#25
On August 18 2011 03:07 Mithriel wrote:

yeh this is true, unfortunate for some players (who dont have a US account) but good for the spectators



it really isn't, please don't generalise. i'd rather watch nerchio play goody (or, for that manner, ANY high level europeans) at a sensible time than two non-name code b koreans at two in the morning.
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
porkylorky518
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3 Posts
August 17 2011 21:02 GMT
#26
How do you upload replays? Sorry, I'm a noob
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
August 18 2011 00:11 GMT
#27
Can't wait for this! I'm going to play in it for sure. =)

I hope one day to lose to somebody famous. ^^
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
MrSalamandra
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom412 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 01:00:00
August 18 2011 00:57 GMT
#28
I hope Hack enters again, he's already well on the way to being the TL Open runner up bonjwa.

Which legitimately is very impressive. To get to the final (and win one of those times) 4 times in a row in a tournament with 5 best-of-1s, followed by 3 best-of-3s just to get into the finals shows crazy consistency.
Minored
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil88 Posts
August 18 2011 02:02 GMT
#29
yay :D

im so going to lose, but you know... "When i'm grandmaster... ♫"
go ahead, make my day.
lurk_er
Profile Joined January 2011
United States19 Posts
August 18 2011 05:48 GMT
#30
this page says reg. opens on the 18th; info page says 19th. which is it
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
August 18 2011 08:39 GMT
#31
cant wait I hope they release all the replays this time. Hoping that Protoss do well in this tournament and also one day they wil come back to European servers to hold it instead of NA!!!
Live and Let Die!
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
August 18 2011 21:43 GMT
#32
On August 18 2011 06:02 porkylorky518 wrote:
How do you upload replays? Sorry, I'm a noob

There is a way to upload replays on the site once the tournament goes live.

On August 18 2011 14:48 lurk_er wrote:
this page says reg. opens on the 18th; info page says 19th. which is it

I don't see this anywhere. Registration opens in about 15 minutes.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Odawg27
Profile Joined January 2011
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 05:47:51
August 19 2011 05:47 GMT
#33
After being too nervous (ok let's face it scared) to play in the last TL Open I have signed up for this one... with the sole intention of having my Platinum butt handed to me on a Master (or Grandmaster) platter and having fun doing it anyway... maybe get beaten down by a famous pro or Korean

Gotta love Team Liquid <3
And then.... Trumpets
Velexe
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia71 Posts
August 20 2011 09:41 GMT
#34
Well, I PM'd to see if i can help cast, guess now I wait? Wonder if I can play and cast while I'm not playing lol. Or, you know, when i get knocked out by someone T_T
Velexe | #=263 | Random | Diamond
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
August 20 2011 15:32 GMT
#35
On August 19 2011 14:47 27Odawg wrote:
After being too nervous (ok let's face it scared) to play in the last TL Open I have signed up for this one... with the sole intention of having my Platinum butt handed to me on a Master (or Grandmaster) platter and having fun doing it anyway... maybe get beaten down by a famous pro or Korean

Gotta love Team Liquid <3


I'm here with you!!!!! First time Gold <3
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
August 20 2011 15:33 GMT
#36
I am new to TL and this is the first time I noticed this tournament. I can't enter this one because I have a scheduling conflict. I was wondering if lower level players (like myself) were allowed to enter or if this was specifically for those who had a chance a winning. I thought I would see something in the rules about this but I didn't.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
August 20 2011 15:50 GMT
#37
On August 18 2011 04:10 Bonkarooni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 04:09 Copenap wrote:
On August 18 2011 04:02 Bonkarooni wrote:
Out of the 12, which number is this...7th?


What? This is not a TSL4 qualification TLOpen or what do you mean?


They said there would be 12 200 dollar tournaments to qualify for a 1,000 tournament. this is not TSL4 qualification. I was just curious how many more opens they have until the 1,000 tournament

This is the 6th.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
August 20 2011 15:57 GMT
#38
On August 21 2011 00:33 Maxd11 wrote:
I am new to TL and this is the first time I noticed this tournament. I can't enter this one because I have a scheduling conflict. I was wondering if lower level players (like myself) were allowed to enter or if this was specifically for those who had a chance a winning. I thought I would see something in the rules about this but I didn't.


It's for all skill levels, so you should participate.

Of course you're probably going to get your ass handed to you by a Korean, but hey, we can't all be progamers.^^
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Choboo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Sweden2088 Posts
August 20 2011 16:57 GMT
#39
I'm a Protoss diamond player and got paired up with a GM Protoss in my first match on MLG Shattered. So I decided that my best chance would be to go for a proxy gate + cannon rush and it succeeded ROFL ^_^ Then in round 3 I lost to a masters Zerg tho T_T
SaSe fan club manager
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
August 20 2011 19:08 GMT
#40
On August 21 2011 01:57 Choboo wrote:
I'm a Protoss diamond player and got paired up with a GM Protoss in my first match on MLG Shattered. So I decided that my best chance would be to go for a proxy gate + cannon rush and it succeeded ROFL ^_^ Then in round 3 I lost to a masters Zerg tho T_T

That protoss must have been so pissed.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
Fatze
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany1342 Posts
August 22 2011 11:14 GMT
#41
damned - missed the stream :X
Comfort from bottles, cheers from beers the guitars are our weapons and we know how to kill!
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14917
Dewaltoss 107
Bale 10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4364
Khaldor1667
Liquid`Hasu826
Other Games
summit1g5982
fl0m949
Beastyqt787
shahzam422
FrodaN288
byalli265
C9.Mang0176
KnowMe158
ArmadaUGS125
UpATreeSC86
Mew2King54
PPMD18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
Other Games
angryscii19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie797
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.