• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:51
CEST 23:51
KST 06:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7946 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
February 28 2018 19:03 GMT
#70
okay, I'll /in just cuz Moosy is in
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
February 28 2018 22:28 GMT
#73
Medics and Masons are the same number of letters, so might as well just let them be both!
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 02 2018 19:16 GMT
#80
Think that's 13 signups now. With the /outs by raynpelikoneet and Vivax, we need 2 people, to fill the game. But if Vivax comes back like he'd indicated he probably would, then we only need 1.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 05 2018 23:10 GMT
#107
On March 06 2018 08:03 prplhz wrote:
Hey im the cop

"Lynch all liars" applies here, right?
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 05 2018 23:51 GMT
#123
On March 06 2018 08:38 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 08:37 Fecalfeast wrote:
On March 06 2018 08:34 Damdred wrote:
Welcome town Fecalfeast, and maybe so moosydoosy. But do you think we should have a secondary vote and force the medics to act as a vig shot every night for our second kill?

3 medics though are we doing a vote to have all 3 medics on 1 target, wasting our chance at a save to render mafia medic useless?

I suppose but what happens if we don't control them d1 and two overlap on a super towny person?

Yeah, if you're coordinating a medic kill on any given night, I think all the medics have to use the same target. This not only renders the Mafia medic useless, but it also renders the Mafia roleblocker useless. They basically just have 3 vanilla bad guys.

Coordinating things so that 2 medics kill a guy and one tries to prevent the mafia kill not only opens you up to disruption by the roleblocker, but I also don't see a way to get the medics on the same page (about which 2 are killing a guy and which 1 is trying to make a save) without telling the Mafia who they are. So you can't do anything but "all 3 on the same target" unless you execute a mass claim. Having never played under this set of rules (or one like it) I don't know if the mass claim is good or bad. I'll have to read the pre-game discussion again.

One thing I DO remember from pre-game discussion is the idea that this ruleset favors us pretty heavily, and that the Mafia will have to play extremely well to win. Is there a "far and away" best Scum player that we can lynch, to make sure that won't happen? :D
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 05 2018 23:59 GMT
#126
On March 06 2018 08:54 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 08:51 n00bKing wrote:
Is there a "far and away" best Scum player that we can lynch, to make sure that won't happen? :D

Holyflare

Hmm, okay. If he were Scum and decided that the mass claim favors the Mafia, would he be bold enough to immediately fake-claim Medic, and try to force the Town into a disadvantageous mass claim? Or would that be "too obvious" of a scum play?
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 02:03 GMT
#132
On March 06 2018 09:15 Tubesock wrote:
I am not sure about the mass claiming bit D2 though. I think it would be better for town to have the medics be unknown for a couple cycles before they claim.

Well let's not allow ourselves to become distracted by discussion that doesn't need to take place yet. We don't need to decide whether to mass claim on Day 2 until it's Day 2.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 02:09 GMT
#135
On March 06 2018 09:16 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 09:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Honestly hf claiming a role doesn't mean anything he fakes as town or mafia

agreed, I think he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia.

What are you "agreeing" with? Because what Fecalfeast said and what you said are NOT the same.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 02:26 GMT
#140
On March 06 2018 11:10 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I miss the presence of a rayn-like person plugging me in the butthole and telling me i suck at this game

I can start telling you that you suck at this game, if that'll help. You'll have to go somewhere else for the rest of that, though.
On March 06 2018 11:08 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I'm pretty sure Fecal was exaggerating by his D2 mass claim. Mass claiming is going to happen but I don't see it happening on D2 unless the game is really easy and we nail mafia really early

I dunno, the pre-game discussion sounds to me like people are talking about mass claiming early game and not late game. And now I can't ask them to clarify what they meant, because they either aren't in the game or I can no longer trust them to tell me the truth about it.

But speaking of the pre-game discussion, now that I've read through it again, it occurs to me that I don't even know for sure what the setup for the game IS.

We had this:
On February 19 2018 23:28 Calix wrote:
I'm leaning towards giving mafia another role since people seem to agree that makes the game easier for mafia.

and then this:
On February 19 2018 23:45 Calix wrote:
Two Roleblockers might be fine then. I'll see what other people think and if nobody has a serious problem with it then I'll change the Mafioso to a PR.

and then that was it. So was the setup changed? Am I allowed to ask the Narrator to tell us whether the setup changed? Because if the setup isn't as town-favored as it was initially, that will definitely change my strategy.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 03:51 GMT
#149
On March 06 2018 11:28 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 11:09 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:16 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Honestly hf claiming a role doesn't mean anything he fakes as town or mafia

agreed, I think he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia.

What are you "agreeing" with? Because what Fecalfeast said and what you said are NOT the same.

I agree that HF can fakeclaim as either alignment, that I don't believe that him claiming should be alignment indicative in any way.

Alright, thanks for making that clear. Because obviously there's a ton of difference between Fecalfeast saying "he fakes as town or mafia" and you saying "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia."
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 03:57 GMT
#150
On March 06 2018 11:36 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 11:26 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:10 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I miss the presence of a rayn-like person plugging me in the butthole and telling me i suck at this game

I can start telling you that you suck at this game, if that'll help. You'll have to go somewhere else for the rest of that, though.
On March 06 2018 11:08 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I'm pretty sure Fecal was exaggerating by his D2 mass claim. Mass claiming is going to happen but I don't see it happening on D2 unless the game is really easy and we nail mafia really early

I dunno, the pre-game discussion sounds to me like people are talking about mass claiming early game and not late game. And now I can't ask them to clarify what they meant, because they either aren't in the game or I can no longer trust them to tell me the truth about it.

But speaking of the pre-game discussion, now that I've read through it again, it occurs to me that I don't even know for sure what the setup for the game IS.

We had this:
On February 19 2018 23:28 Calix wrote:
I'm leaning towards giving mafia another role since people seem to agree that makes the game easier for mafia.

and then this:
On February 19 2018 23:45 Calix wrote:
Two Roleblockers might be fine then. I'll see what other people think and if nobody has a serious problem with it then I'll change the Mafioso to a PR.

and then that was it. So was the setup changed? Am I allowed to ask the Narrator to tell us whether the setup changed? Because if the setup isn't as town-favored as it was initially, that will definitely change my strategy.

Didn't you just chastise me for talking about mass claiming strategy? And here you are talking about setup and strategy.

Your hypocrisy is delicious.

No, I did not just chastise you for talking about mass claiming strategy. What I said is that there's no need to decide whether to mass claim on Day TWO until Day TWO. There'll be new information to work with on Day 2 that we don't have now, so discussing that choice now is only a distraction. Discussing whether to mass claim on Day 1 would be pertinent, and discussing the setup even moreso.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 04:00 GMT
#151
On March 06 2018 11:33 MoosyDoosy wrote:
@noobking, it says this is the setup from the OP.

> Mafioso, Roleblocker, Medic vs 3 Medics, 7 Vanilla Townies.

So I think it's safe to say this is what we're running with? I don't know though, i didn't read much of the pre game discussion tbh i just signed up

The post you're quoting is from 2/16 though. The two posts I quoted where the Narrator says he intends to change the setup are from 2/19. Think we definitely need to know whether that happened or not.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 06:18 GMT
#156
On March 06 2018 14:42 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 12:51 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:28 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:09 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:16 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Honestly hf claiming a role doesn't mean anything he fakes as town or mafia

agreed, I think he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia.

What are you "agreeing" with? Because what Fecalfeast said and what you said are NOT the same.

I agree that HF can fakeclaim as either alignment, that I don't believe that him claiming should be alignment indicative in any way.

Alright, thanks for making that clear. Because obviously there's a ton of difference between Fecalfeast saying "he fakes as town or mafia" and you saying "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia."

I must be obtuse. I don't get why it's all that different in the context "is HolyFlare town for claiming" between "he fakes as town or mafia" or "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia"? Although, I meant to add "mafia medic" in there. What obvious difference do you see?

The obvious difference is that Fecalfeast said HF makes fake claims as both Town and Mafia, while you said that HF could just as easily make the claim as Town medic or Mafia. If he makes the claim as Town medic, it's not FAKE.

So what you did is take something Fecalfeast said, twisted it into something he DIDN'T say, and then "agreed" with it.

That's why I forced you into telling us whether or not you agree with what he ACTUALLY said, and not just what you ACTED like he said. You told me you do agree with what he actually said, so I thanked you for your answer.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 06:21 GMT
#157
On March 06 2018 14:45 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 13:59 AMG wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:36 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:26 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:10 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I miss the presence of a rayn-like person plugging me in the butthole and telling me i suck at this game

I can start telling you that you suck at this game, if that'll help. You'll have to go somewhere else for the rest of that, though.
On March 06 2018 11:08 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I'm pretty sure Fecal was exaggerating by his D2 mass claim. Mass claiming is going to happen but I don't see it happening on D2 unless the game is really easy and we nail mafia really early

I dunno, the pre-game discussion sounds to me like people are talking about mass claiming early game and not late game. And now I can't ask them to clarify what they meant, because they either aren't in the game or I can no longer trust them to tell me the truth about it.

But speaking of the pre-game discussion, now that I've read through it again, it occurs to me that I don't even know for sure what the setup for the game IS.

We had this:
On February 19 2018 23:28 Calix wrote:
I'm leaning towards giving mafia another role since people seem to agree that makes the game easier for mafia.

and then this:
On February 19 2018 23:45 Calix wrote:
Two Roleblockers might be fine then. I'll see what other people think and if nobody has a serious problem with it then I'll change the Mafioso to a PR.

and then that was it. So was the setup changed? Am I allowed to ask the Narrator to tell us whether the setup changed? Because if the setup isn't as town-favored as it was initially, that will definitely change my strategy.


Didn't you just chastise me for talking about mass claiming strategy? And here you are talking about setup and strategy.

Your hypocrisy is delicious.


He did not chastise you at all. Why are you so pricky?


What's wrong with being prickly/pricky?

Do you think he's right? Should we not talk about mass claiming D2? Is there a difference of talking about mass claiming and the timing of it? Does anyone actually think the medics shouldn't EVER mass claim? So, obviously if you are going to discuss strategy you will be talking about the timing. I didn't like him saying "talking about D2 claim is a distraction" and then he goes back to talking about mass claiming. It's scummy to try to shut down discussion especially when nothing else is going on.

He may not have said "mass claim" but he was refering to pregame conversation which was about mass claiming.

Since you directed this post to AMG, I'll let him answer you. But after that, if you want me to answer it too, let me know.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 06:55 GMT
#162
On March 06 2018 15:30 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 15:18 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 14:42 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 12:51 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:28 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:09 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:16 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Honestly hf claiming a role doesn't mean anything he fakes as town or mafia

agreed, I think he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia.

What are you "agreeing" with? Because what Fecalfeast said and what you said are NOT the same.

I agree that HF can fakeclaim as either alignment, that I don't believe that him claiming should be alignment indicative in any way.

Alright, thanks for making that clear. Because obviously there's a ton of difference between Fecalfeast saying "he fakes as town or mafia" and you saying "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia."

I must be obtuse. I don't get why it's all that different in the context "is HolyFlare town for claiming" between "he fakes as town or mafia" or "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia"? Although, I meant to add "mafia medic" in there. What obvious difference do you see?

The obvious difference is that Fecalfeast said HF makes fake claims as both Town and Mafia, while you said that HF could just as easily make the claim as Town medic or Mafia. If he makes the claim as Town medic, it's not FAKE.

So what you did is take something Fecalfeast said, twisted it into something he DIDN'T say, and then "agreed" with it.

That's why I forced you into telling us whether or not you agree with what he ACTUALLY said, and not just what you ACTED like he said. You told me you do agree with what he actually said, so I thanked you for your answer.

I didn't twist anything. They're two separate statements.

That's the point! They're two separate statements! So when he says what he said, and you quote it and say "agreed," followed by what you said, that's like someone saying "Tuesday is the best day of the week" and a 2nd person quoting it and responding with "Agreed, today is Tuesday." Those aren't the same thing.

Are they agreeing with the 1st statement and also adding a 2nd statement? Did they misunderstand the 1st statement? Are they misrepresenting the 1st statement to mean something it didn't? (this one is what it looks like to me at first glance). So I made you take a stance on whether you agreed with his original statement. That removes the option for you to later say you "just misunderstood." That would be HUGELY important if HF were to later flip Red, because it would offer tons of context on whether you were trying to protect him.

You've clarified that you agree with the original statement, were also adding a 2nd statement, so I have my answer, and we can move on. Make sense?

n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:05 GMT
#173
On March 06 2018 14:45 Tubesock wrote:
Do you think he's right? Should we not talk about mass claiming D2? Is there a difference of talking about mass claiming and the timing of it? Does anyone actually think the medics shouldn't EVER mass claim? So, obviously if you are going to discuss strategy you will be talking about the timing. I didn't like him saying "talking about D2 claim is a distraction" and then he goes back to talking about mass claiming. It's scummy to try to shut down discussion especially when nothing else is going on.

Talking about D2 mass claim is a distraction, when we're not in D2. Again, we'll have more information on whether a D2 mass claim would be beneficial once we're actually IN D2. If we tried to make a decision about it now, something could happen before then that changes the equation.

Talking about whether to mass claim on D2 during D1 prevents scumhunting by letting the thread be clogged up with a decision that can't be acted on yet, based on variables that could be completely different by the time it CAN be acted on. It also needlessly lengthens the thread, making it tougher to re-read later.

And then I went back to talking about mass claiming. YUP. Because the decision to make on Day ONE is whether or not we should have a mass claim on Day ONE. THIS is what we should be talking about. But first, I'd sure like verification from the Narrator on whether the setup is the one posted in the OP, or the one he said he'd be changing it to, because that also changes the equation.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:17 GMT
#182
On March 06 2018 16:01 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 15:18 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 14:42 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 12:51 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:28 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:09 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:16 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Honestly hf claiming a role doesn't mean anything he fakes as town or mafia

agreed, I think he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia.

What are you "agreeing" with? Because what Fecalfeast said and what you said are NOT the same.

I agree that HF can fakeclaim as either alignment, that I don't believe that him claiming should be alignment indicative in any way.

Alright, thanks for making that clear. Because obviously there's a ton of difference between Fecalfeast saying "he fakes as town or mafia" and you saying "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia."

I must be obtuse. I don't get why it's all that different in the context "is HolyFlare town for claiming" between "he fakes as town or mafia" or "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia"? Although, I meant to add "mafia medic" in there. What obvious difference do you see?

The obvious difference is that Fecalfeast said HF makes fake claims as both Town and Mafia, while you said that HF could just as easily make the claim as Town medic or Mafia. If he makes the claim as Town medic, it's not FAKE.

So what you did is take something Fecalfeast said, twisted it into something he DIDN'T say, and then "agreed" with it.

That's why I forced you into telling us whether or not you agree with what he ACTUALLY said, and not just what you ACTED like he said. You told me you do agree with what he actually said, so I thanked you for your answer.

I like this. He basically said I'm town medic and slipped

Eh, maybe. A true "scumslip" like that is pretty darn rare though. I'd be more interested in hearing whether anyone with prior history with Tubesock in games thinks its unusual for him to immediately take the claim at face value. Him "making nice" with the first person to claim medic may or may not be alignment-indicative for someone, depending on their personality. Anybody know him?
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:27 GMT
#190
On March 06 2018 16:04 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:00 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I thought Damdred was pretty town so far what makes you think he's scum?

My impression of his game so far can be boiled down to two sentences:

Hey guys how should we play the setup that doesn't matter for another 48 hours!

Hey guys do you have any thoughts?

The first is fine if he were trying to get reads, but given the lack of reads he apparently got from it hes coming across to me as existing rather than solving.

I feel like this would be more significant if he had actually come back, and said some things that didn't contribute anything worthwhile. As it stands now, he just...hasn't been back. So maybe you'll get what you want from him when he returns. Unless Damdred is a "constantly checking the game" type of guy, I don't really see anything to hate on.

His post that said "Well this will be my last game for awhile as I don't think its fair to further strain my activity level with my new job" was made before roles went out. It offers him cover to fake being afk if he drew scum in this game, but I don't know if there's anything we can do about it. If that's what happened, then it just...worked out nice for him. lol
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:29 GMT
#193
On March 06 2018 16:08 Holyflare wrote:
The setup is the one in the op.

That's good news, if true. How do you know though? Seems to be lots of trolling in these games, so I can't tell if you're serious. Would still like to hear it from the Narrator or the Assistant, to be sure.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:32 GMT
#198
On March 06 2018 16:11 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:05 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 14:45 Tubesock wrote:
Do you think he's right? Should we not talk about mass claiming D2? Is there a difference of talking about mass claiming and the timing of it? Does anyone actually think the medics shouldn't EVER mass claim? So, obviously if you are going to discuss strategy you will be talking about the timing. I didn't like him saying "talking about D2 claim is a distraction" and then he goes back to talking about mass claiming. It's scummy to try to shut down discussion especially when nothing else is going on.

Talking about D2 mass claim is a distraction, when we're not in D2. Again, we'll have more information on whether a D2 mass claim would be beneficial once we're actually IN D2. If we tried to make a decision about it now, something could happen before then that changes the equation.

Talking about whether to mass claim on D2 during D1 prevents scumhunting by letting the thread be clogged up with a decision that can't be acted on yet, based on variables that could be completely different by the time it CAN be acted on. It also needlessly lengthens the thread, making it tougher to re-read later.

And then I went back to talking about mass claiming. YUP. Because the decision to make on Day ONE is whether or not we should have a mass claim on Day ONE. THIS is what we should be talking about. But first, I'd sure like verification from the Narrator on whether the setup is the one posted in the OP, or the one he said he'd be changing it to, because that also changes the equation.

I'd say no, thus, bored.

Let's talk reads!

By all means, talk reads. But do you have anything to add to why your attitude toward the Day 1 mass claim is "no"? I think a "yes" or "no" becomes a lot more valuable when someone explains their reasoning behind it.
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
NeuroSwarm 139
Nina 103
ViBE51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13861
910 70
NaDa 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever299
canceldota113
League of Legends
Doublelift2764
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4607
Other Games
summit1g3891
fl0m1136
FrodaN954
olofmeister802
C9.Mang0327
Liquid`Hasu321
Livibee198
ToD185
UpATreeSC63
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 23 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• musti20045 31
• poizon28 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• RyuSc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• FirePhoenix7
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21606
• WagamamaTV547
League of Legends
• Scarra818
Other Games
• imaqtpie1026
• Shiphtur489
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.