• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11791 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 00:08 GMT
#1710
On March 12 2018 09:01 Holyflare wrote:
Too tired to think tbh. I think it's just vivax trying to stir confusion. Even now he's saying he might not have healed moosy or some shit and he went right off the bat to df/rsoul team.

Bit farfetched if you ask me. Looks like mafia scrambling and possibly trying to set up moosy as a "he's not dead" play.


Eh I'm not sure what the end-game is for a Viva claiming a Moosy heal when everyone else is on koshi, though. It assumes scum forgoing a kill just to be confusing.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 00:12 GMT
#1711
##unvote

I'm fine with looking to VTs instead.

And now I really should go @.@
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 01:17 GMT
#1736
Moosy/nk

I need to check their interactions because this is sleepy memory but I think they've both pushed each other where it doesn't matter. And nk should want a moosy of he can't get an hf given his reads unless I missed/am misremembering something.

Viva could be playing dumb or reckless scum but that's strange for me.

Slam is still adorable. HF is energized. And I didn't like nk's reaction to the night actions.

Posting to remind myself where 2am brain went.

Going out with lex tomorrow which is probably good for reducing spam @.@ Will definitely be around Tuesday though.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 08:44 GMT
#1740
So my thoughts regarding Viva are as follows:

If scum he has to know that Moosy won't die. Nk and df both make it clear they're healing koshi and there's no reason to believe ff will move either. His only play there is to push the narrative that moosy didnt die because he is scum.

But there's nothing in my mind to prevent a town viva from parking on moosy to try to confirm a read.

And what's more, I'm not sure that scum viva skating by on his medic claim until we catch the mafia claiming vt makes that type of risky play when he can just sit safely on town koshi rather than agitating everyone with his stubborn.

This is obviously WIFOM and trying to guess what a scum viva would do.

BUT, and this is the important but here

VIVA IS NOT CONFIRMED SCUM.

The fact that moosy COULD be scum and (although I'll admit I've no idea if hosts would take a medic shot change from a mafia goon or for sure if it was the medic who claimed medic) ff COULD have just genuinely not been around to change a kill, means that

The LAST thing that should happen today is an auto lynch. Because if viva is town, which by the way is a very real possibility, y'all are wasting a Day phase after we gained an awesome advantage and letting scum hide.

I will be gone most of the first half of the day phase, and in and put the second half.

I expect discussion, even if the end result is everyone thinks viva is scummy and worth lynching anyway.

But no confirmed mafia rhetoric when that's simply not true.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 09:41 GMT
#1742
Yeah, but it took my brain that long to wake up and the thread's been pretty dead since @.@ I was hoping to see more talk when I woke.

Also I don't think slam has much chance to be mafia this game.

Nh.

Well I see a possibility where all three of us die but we get a scum viva in the process.

I think that it won't narrow your scumspects between ff/noob though.

So then I just question why you wouldn't simply lynch viva.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 09:43 GMT
#1743
I.e. I don't think it actually gets us more information because a noob or an ff scum can't deviate from the plan without revealing themselves. And your plan should kill viva anyway unless ff is a tard.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 10:35 GMT
#1746
On March 12 2018 08:43 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 08:41 rsoultin wrote:
See the thing is, Viva sitting on Moosy as scum doesn't make much sense unless they're scum together. And the buss doesn't make much more sense, either.


You don't know if I was sitting on Moosy though. I could have been doccing anyone while claiming to have been on moosy and given the blame to whoever else was claiming to heal him with me.

I don't know where your town bias towards me is coming from here.


This is technically correct if you ignore no one was claiming to heal him with you.

But I don't think that I fully understand the point that you're trying to make. Are you questioning why I think you could be town? Because I don't think I'm biased in favor of you at all. I just don't like the idea of auto lynches on someone who isn't confirmed anything, where if you're town scum can just hide in the silence.

So what did you mean with this post?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 10:38 GMT
#1747
On March 12 2018 19:26 Holyflare wrote:
What situation does everyone die?

Viva scum.

df/ff kill viva
viva (or scummate) moves off df to double-stack on me
mafia shoots df because he's not protected

You get a scum viva. And two confirmed town dead.

Which isn't necessarily awful but since the chances of getting info out of the strat are low (barring stupid mafia play) if it's not viva, why not just lynch him then?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 10:56 GMT
#1753
On March 12 2018 19:46 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 19:38 rsoultin wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:26 Holyflare wrote:
What situation does everyone die?

Viva scum.

df/ff kill viva
viva (or scummate) moves off df to double-stack on me
mafia shoots df because he's not protected

You get a scum viva. And two confirmed town dead.

Which isn't necessarily awful but since the chances of getting info out of the strat are low (barring stupid mafia play) if it's not viva, why not just lynch him then?


Eh tis true but the alternative is everyone stacking on one vt pool player and if it's town we lose two people anyway and have 0 confirmed medics still.

This way we can confirm in the medic pool. If we hit vivax and he's actually medic then the medics can heal each other next night too.


Again this only works with viva being scum, so -shrugs-

That's a long post to call me bad, noob, lol ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 10:58 GMT
#1754
On March 12 2018 19:49 Holyflare wrote:
Alternatively we do df/ff on a vt player like moosy, vivax on rsoul, nk on df.

We narrow down the vt pool that way and if a medic wants to shenanigan they confirm themselves mafia.

This enables us to narrow down vt pool and simultaneously control the mafia nk while trying to preserve our medics.


I'd have to think about it but honestly I'd rather discuss who we're lynching. I don't want to lynch slam.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 11:03 GMT
#1760
On March 12 2018 19:59 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 19:58 rsoultin wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:49 Holyflare wrote:
Alternatively we do df/ff on a vt player like moosy, vivax on rsoul, nk on df.

We narrow down the vt pool that way and if a medic wants to shenanigan they confirm themselves mafia.

This enables us to narrow down vt pool and simultaneously control the mafia nk while trying to preserve our medics.


I'd have to think about it but honestly I'd rather discuss who we're lynching. I don't want to lynch slam.


Well I'm VT so if you have any qualms just get it out of the way. No way I'd actively try and find the best nk strategy to gimp my team instead of pushing a mislynch right now.


If we're lynching into VTs I think I'd prefer moosy, gun to my head. I'd lynch you over slam though, just to be clear. I don't trust myself to be right on you.

Slam is just so completely directionless that I have trouble seeing him as scum here. Just look at how he posted this Day phase.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 11:10 GMT
#1761
There's just this constant 'I don't understand the setup' stuff coming from Moosy that I don't care for. I saw it in his scum games when I was going through them yesterday to check Noob's meta claims. Though tbf that's one of the things on my list to double-check with him tomorrow when I have more time, because I haven't confirmed that that's alignment indicative.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 11:18 GMT
#1767
Okay, well I can see myself lynching Viva today even if it's against the 'ideal' best play if I'm just super sure. So I'm also not suggesting that we definitely lynch into the VTs I have no qualms whatsoever with people pushing Vivax as a legitimate scum target.

Sorry about being too preemptive for those of you trying to get reads off Viva. It's just that my personal experience is that, scum or town, a lot of players roll over and die when it looks hopeless so I prefer to let people know that at least someone's willing to listen.

I'm headed out for the day now.

Let me just requote my question to Vivax, and someone press him for an answer to it, please?

On March 12 2018 19:35 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 08:43 Vivax wrote:
On March 12 2018 08:41 rsoultin wrote:
See the thing is, Viva sitting on Moosy as scum doesn't make much sense unless they're scum together. And the buss doesn't make much more sense, either.


You don't know if I was sitting on Moosy though. I could have been doccing anyone while claiming to have been on moosy and given the blame to whoever else was claiming to heal him with me.

I don't know where your town bias towards me is coming from here.


This is technically correct if you ignore no one was claiming to heal him with you.

But I don't think that I fully understand the point that you're trying to make. Are you questioning why I think you could be town? Because I don't think I'm biased in favor of you at all. I just don't like the idea of auto lynches on someone who isn't confirmed anything, where if you're town scum can just hide in the silence.

So what did you mean with this post?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 12 2018 23:39 GMT
#1798
Not really here for discussion but it seems I should vote lol ><

##vote: moosy

We're just about to go to bed.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 08:29 GMT
#1831
The short answer to your question nk is that moosy didn't die. That makes him or viva mafia...possibly both but that last seems less likely to me.

We can argue that scum shot him and not me. Unlikely with viva's claim to be on him.

We can argue that trying to shoot me makes my push against hf correct. That's not my experience. I get nk'd right or wrong, and when I was the only vt no one was discussing lynching? It was almost inevitable.

You repeatedly refuse to hear that HF does the things that you claim make him scum as town. That's okay in a sense cause I'd do that too if I'd convinced myself he were scum.

I like his play today. It seems like he was energized by the favorable n2 results.

I won't lynch viva unless very sure and I actually think one of his reaction posts to being called scum was pretty towny.

I'll refine my read on moosy today. And I agree that he's bad with setups regardless. I'm the one who caught rels when no one else could. But I have a theory that I want to test against the evidence. Because being bad with setups is not the same as using it as an excuse to hide behind so he doesn't have to discuss it.

Anyway, we'll see how that pans out. Hopefully before I leave for Dutch classes today.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 09:22 GMT
#1837
On March 13 2018 17:46 Holyflare wrote:
Ah that's right. A moosy lynch reveals so much info. If he's mafia it's not likely vivax is. If he's town it does.

Also strange nk doesn't want to go after his second biggest scum read and instead was trying to prep him to lynch me maybe?


This is admittedly something that went through my mind at 2am right after the phase started.

Well! Time for research @.@

Anyone who wants to talk has me for about two hours before I turn into a pumpkin. I'll probably have 2-3 before deadline as well, Definitely will try to be on the last hour.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 10:08 GMT
#1841
The constant arguing is getting old, noob. In other news, ctrl-F methods of finding patterns with moosy aren't working, meriting a deeper dive @.@

You won't convince HF he's scum. And no matter how much it's better play to actually read others' posts, I really can't be assed to read the back and forth that is just "NO NO NO YOU ARE WRONG YOU ARE SCUM" that you seem to post to everything he says.

If you want to be convincing a few things must happen:
- condense your points into something easily double-checked like this
- consider alternative scenarios
- present why you still think yours is correct (if you do)
- stop arguing with your scumread if you don't think he could be town*

*frankly, I've no clue what you think you're accomplishing with this, because if you are trying to refine your read it's apparent you're not even considering how you might be wrong. and if you're not, it's pointless
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 10:12 GMT
#1846
On March 13 2018 19:09 darthfoley wrote:
Idk, it seems surface level obvious that the teams are something like

NK/Moosy
Vivax/HF
Maybe Vivax/Moosy if they were trying to distance. Would still be quite a risky play though considering one of the "3" medics on koshi could've cowboyed back onto Moosy.

I think i'm fine lynching Moosy --> HF and if Slam is scum we can laugh about it post game. If Moosy flips town, Vivax and HF look pretty bad.


This is kinda where I'm at, though I would like to note that FF could fairly easily be scum here, especially with a scum moosy. It's just fairly impossible to tell with how he's decided to just fuck off this game.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 10:18 GMT
#1850
On March 13 2018 19:11 darthfoley wrote:
If the team is FF/Slam i'm going to commit seppuku


My feels say moosy. I'm trying to see if those feels should be listened to, but I'm not really feeling an hf lynch, not even enough to really be tempted to fear lynch him. Which maybe makes me bad, but whatevs.

FF/Slam is possible, but I still think that there's something pretty reactive and aimless about Slam's play that doesn't strike me as mafia-motivated.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 10:29 GMT
#1853
I explained what I will respond to. From what I see you're not really convincing anyone else either. If you want to choose to continue to beat your head against a wall, that's your prerogative (not sure if I spelled that right lol ><)

I will not argue with you because I have better things to do.

#confirmedtown
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Reynor 250
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27455
Calm 2463
Shuttle 367
Mini 169
White-Ra 152
firebathero 91
Mong 56
scan(afreeca) 27
soO 13
ZZZero.O 13
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10121
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2365
fl0m2038
summit1g1727
FrodaN1476
B2W.Neo754
olofmeister741
Khaldor443
Beastyqt332
Livibee182
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 14
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• blackmanpl 25
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
Other Games
• imaqtpie999
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3m
BSL Open Qualifier
3m
OSC
4h 3m
Replay Cast
4h 3m
OSC
17h 3m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.