• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8777 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 00:03 GMT
#567
On January 20 2018 09:01 Holyflare wrote:
mocsta tomorrow


go away
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 00:03 GMT
#569
i want damerion's head on a stick
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 00:06 GMT
#571
going to bed
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 00:07 GMT
#573
On January 20 2018 09:06 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2018 08:47 rsoultin wrote:
Wrong.

1. Scum can and does use correct meta.
2. You keep saying meta case while referring to a meta point.

Try again.


There is no way that Damerion pieces together that Damdred says like a lot as town and as his big entrance to the game realises that Damdred, as town, is not saying like a lot and reveals this big meta point to vote damdred just to look that bad after his flip and have nothing to fall back on. I simply will not believe it. That's not how any mafia person's thought process goes.


/ignore
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 00:08 GMT
#575
I'm sorry that was shitty I'm letting myself get provoked. I need to sleep, clear my head, and return to the game later. Night.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 11:18 GMT
#581
Yeah so...

I still want Damerion.

Holyflare is still wrong. In his world, the meta read was developed on the fly during the course of this game, where clearly as Damerion himself admitted he compiled it after his last game with Damdred. Using a meta read that you believe to be true is something that any scummer can do. The tunneling to the exclusion of the global game does not resemble ANY of his three prior town games. At all. (And honestly he reminds me of an old player and friend here who played scum just like this, but that's neither here nor there).

More to the point, as town I would expect an attempt to use a new meta read, but I would not expect this level of surety this early. The 'like' bullshit that holyflare latched onto so hard is not something that you could reasonably expect to get a read on that early in the game.

Rather than using a meta read as a tool, Damerion used it as a bludgeon, and the holyflare cheerleading oh he's amazing and always right feels dirty to me. I recognize that this doesn't make holyflare scum, though; he's not an honest player as either alignment and will say what he can to get his lynch. So whatever.

Damerion should be the lynch. If only because I need to redeem myself for being such a boob yesterday. But also because he's scum. Not because he was wrong. Because of how he used the meta case and ignored everything else. He's clearly a good town player so he gets no 'oh maybe he's new, overconfident and overeager' from me.

I'm going to trust vets and coached newbies to know what to do if they're vig here. Damerion's the lynch tomorrow.

Going out with Lex for awhile. I'll look at the rest of the game hopefully tonight.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 23:08 GMT
#592
After rereading filters, I conclude that I suck at life. But I have a really imperfect set of reads as to where I'm at now, so yeah.

Town
Rels - deadline, general play, don't think this needs much explanation
Twatty - organic posting while still focusing on scumreads, active until afk after 24 hours into D1

Townish
KSC - we see the game similarly. could be pocketed, but I'll worry about that later
mocsta - eat your heart out. i can't say that I'm close to certain, but i just instinctively like the tone of his posts

Maybe Town?*
mderg - he took a solid stand, and I like his interactions. need to see more from him
holyflare - i'm still waffling hard on him. but part of why i think that he could be town is he actually has backed off a few arguments. if darthfoley ever flips scum i'd revisit him hard

Null
darthfoley - can see things in his filter leading me both ways. he's more calm than i remember him in his town game, which makes me want to townread players generally but maybe points toward scum on him specifically
btdt - find the start scummy, but the fucking off at eod actually slightly towny...he'd probably be lower on the list if damdred weren't so adamant about him being town :/

Scummish
Kmatt - despite liking his tone in the beginning, he was around during the day saying he didn't think damdred was scum but never laid down a vote, just talking randomly about twatty
prplhz - i don't like how he wasn't following the game, said he'd follow me and then didn't follow me...kind of weak because damdred and i both could have voted btdt to save damdred (and i would have if i wasn't such a boob at eod) but a scum darthfoley and town btdt would make this really suspicious

Scum
Damerion - laid down his meta 'hero' case on damdred for the first time after four posts from damdred, and disappeared in the midst of my pressuring him on how he'd come to the meta and what about damdred's play he was claiming was 'static'...add that to my post above on why damerion is 100% our lynch d2




So, yeah. I'm a little disappointed that it didn't shake out clearer for me, and possibly I should have hf in a purgatory category of endless waffle all his own. But I think lynching into Damerion, kmatt and prplhz will yield probably two scum. Kmatt seems more likely if btdt, darthfoley and damdred are all town, prplhz if darthfoley is scum.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 23:09 GMT
#593
On January 21 2018 08:05 Holyflare wrote:
It's like 50% wrong lol


"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 20 2018 23:13 GMT
#594
Going to bed now. To dream of town holyflares I don't want to throttle. Toodles.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 09:31 GMT
#606
\o/

You know that feel you get when you happened to be trying to lynch scum, but had no strong conviction that they were scum? This is where town reads help an rsoul be less wrong lol.

;o; Now I'll have to sign up for another game to get my town KSC fix.

On January 21 2018 08:23 Holyflare wrote:
No, seriously, I've already explained it is? How is that inflammatory in any way?


I posted that because I wanted to argue with you again and then just went fuck it. You're fine. Well, I mean, you were dead wrong on Damdred, and I still think you're dead wrong about Damerion's play here versus his earlier town games, and it bugs me that you so confidently argue against something I see to be indisputably, objectively true. But it's not inflammatory, just aggravating. (Also recognize that I could just be failing to communicate my point effectively.)

Moreso when I'm coming around to you just being town, mostly because you actually give a shit as to whether you're provoking me or not which I think is more likely to come from town holyflare. Yes, despite the darthfoley scum flip. Cause I'm weird and value tone perhaps too much. But anyway.

I need to revisit my damerion read as it is...I don't think the night kill necessarily makes me wrong but at best they looked elsewhere cause likely docsave, and at worst I'm not seen as a threat because I'm on the wrong track.

Would be sick if it was just darthfoley/damerion/prp though and I actually have been having one of my more accurate town games
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 09:54 GMT
#608
I'm still leary of kmatt's behavior when he was in thread the final 24 hours of day 1 more than once, and also posted night 1, but for some reason didn't vote despite saying he thought damdred was town. There's just less incentive for scum to behave that way if darthfoley is scum, I think. With the caveat that the lynch never really shaped up into a darthfoley lynch, of course, which is why he's still in my scum pile.

I was going to say that btdt and mocsta are probably just town for this but then I waffled. In part because darth foley's scum call-out when he returned to the thread would then be all townies which is possible but...idk I feel like usually there's a scum in there.

If btdt is scum, then darth foley focusing on mocsta and pushing that pretty hard while more or less ignoring Damdred and failing to take a stance there seems odd. It's a buss on btdt that doesn't get him any credit if btdt flips because he never really pushed it. Then again, it could have been an early scum v. scum callout that he then felt he couldn't back out of but didn't want to push. I just find it weird he doesn't then angle for 'finding' Damdred scum when he had no strong position on him anyway.

If mocsta is scum, darth foley isn't playing a very good scum game. He's bussing a scummate pretty hard while two townies are up for lynch, and then himself. No, mocsta is unlikely to become the lynch, but it's not ideal for his own survival and there's not much town cred you can get from that later if mocsta flips scum. Since playing poorly is not outside the realm of possibility, though, that line of thinking gets me nowhere.

All three being scum also seems unlikely.

I think I'd rather not lynch btdt and mocsta today. Mocsta cause tonally I still find him townish, btdt because Day 1 seems weird if he's scum with darth foley and I keep hoping he'll give us more to go on.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 09:54 GMT
#609
On January 21 2018 18:37 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2018 08:49 mderg wrote:
Kelsier is scum btw

Only a little bit off here...


-pokes-

Where you at on the game mderg?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 10:23 GMT
#612
On January 21 2018 19:12 Mocsta wrote:
Rsoultin

Note hf setting up for day2 lynch focus before damdred flipped

Note his day2 target was damdred prime target

I asked before if i should expect more from town hf.
The answer is unequivocally yes.
The lack of activity i get. We are all busy.
Its the "confirmation bias" hf is applying kn things that are clearly not alignment indicativr... same thing as darthfoley.

Since when is a case built on "minutia" indicative of town or mafia to quote df.

Btw... check out kelsier reads before lynch and the kill is staring to make lots of sense


I'll be the first to admit that I could be wrong on holyflare. It's hardly like I can decide what alignment he is anyway. That said...

KSC's final reads were darth, hf, and damerion. We know that darth was scum. I also want to lynch damerion. Two out of three is more than enough to encourage a nightkill, and we don't know if they had a blue read on him or not, nor do we know if they were concerned about a possible doc in the game. I don't think that his being shot confirms holyflare (or damerion, for that matter) scum -shrugs- He was the one to lead the darth foley lynch, and I agreed that his reasons were better than mine for btdt, plus Damdred didn't want to lynch btdt even over himself. That alone can get a guy shot.

I don't want to let a scum holyflare get away. But he's not being a blind stubborn mule, just a mule, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. Dumb as that may end up being.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 10:29 GMT
#614
On January 21 2018 19:14 mderg wrote:
Taking a look at the votes:

Show nested quote +

Day One Final Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta, Rels
beentheredonethat (4): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley, prplhz, Rels
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta

Not Voting (2): Kmatt, beentheredonethat



I think we can clear btdt because df voting him makes no sense here, if they're both scum. One vote switch would get btdt lynched.
Similarly we can clear rsoultin on the df wagon. That's not telling us anything new, though.
I also think Mocsta is town based on his interactions with df.

So this is where I'm at:

Show nested quote +

Day One Final Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta, Rels
beentheredonethat (4): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley, prplhz, Rels
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta

Not Voting (2): Kmatt, beentheredonethat



That leaves us with:
TheTwatyEvildoer: Looked pretty townish to me but then dropped off the face of the earth, wouldn't lynch right now, though
Kmatt: Could be scum could be town but how do you honestly read him at this point?
Damerion: Didn't like his case and tunnel on Damdred. Did look somewhat close to his usual town game but with some differences. Would lynch.
Rels: Didn't like him at the start, felt better later on. Switching between two town wagons at the end would be plausible as scum. Could imagine lynching him.
prplhz: No idea how to read him from his posts. Probably not scum together with Rels because I don't think all 3 scum would be on the same wagon.
Holyflare: Felt more like hf but his reads look like how mafia would want to lynch. Would lynch.
mderg: I'm obviously town


Kmatt, alone of the afk'd players, was actually active around the lynch without voting. What does that say to you?

Regarding rels, what is it that makes you think he could be scum? Switching between two town lynches doesn't make him town, sure, and could be staged. But there's also little incentive for scum to care in that situation. For that matter, me not voting to save Damdred could be considered scummy. I know that I was a boob writing a post while the vote changes happened, but you don't know that that's true or not.

You don't agree with me that prp saying he'll vote with me and then not voting with me on scum darth foley looks scummy? Why not?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 10:30 GMT
#615
On January 21 2018 19:28 mderg wrote:
Giving hf the benefit of the doubt is not something I would be comfortable with


By benefit of the doubt, I mean, I want to continue to evaluate him and probably will not lynch him today unless the alternative is someone I'm townreading -shrugs-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 10:46 GMT
#619
I mean, I'd like to think that I'm a beacon of towniness to the masses and prp saw that somehow with his eyes closed, but the truth is even if my town game is hard to replicate as scum, you couldn't make a good read on me just by looking at a filter length. I post a lot as both alignments. It would require at least some reading. Prp knows that. We've played together often enough.

So when he won't vote with me on scum afterwards...well, he'll have to start shitting town rainbows for me to change my mind.

I know how hard it is to lynch holyflare. Trust me. I called out his whole four-man scum team when he had a red check on him, and clear ties to what later became flipped scum mates, and town still derped. He just recently fooled me playing with a 'let's force players to speak Russian' mechanic that raynepelikoneet thought it important to give scum after letting scum actually pick their own scum team. And not making it clear that they could do that. Bastardized game. And on top of that, I think holyflare and I have the highest rate of being opposite alignments on the entire site. So believe me when I say I am predisposed to suspect him. Yet still...I don't know. Something about him feels town this game despite being wrong and his reaction to darth foley.

I'd feel more comfortable lynching someone else. I will lynch him in the absence of better options.

"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 10:48 GMT
#621
On January 21 2018 19:43 Mocsta wrote:
Btw

Holyflare is the guy that calls damdred scum for thinking me and darthfoley are scum

Yet thinks im scum with damdred.....

Town hf is not this infallible


lol I don't think this says what you meant to say/think it says.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 10:53 GMT
#622
On January 21 2018 19:47 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 19:29 rsoultin wrote:
On January 21 2018 19:14 mderg wrote:
Taking a look at the votes:


Day One Final Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta, Rels
beentheredonethat (4): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley, prplhz, Rels
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta

Not Voting (2): Kmatt, beentheredonethat



I think we can clear btdt because df voting him makes no sense here, if they're both scum. One vote switch would get btdt lynched.
Similarly we can clear rsoultin on the df wagon. That's not telling us anything new, though.
I also think Mocsta is town based on his interactions with df.

So this is where I'm at:


Day One Final Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta, Rels
beentheredonethat (4): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley, prplhz, Rels
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta

Not Voting (2): Kmatt, beentheredonethat



That leaves us with:
TheTwatyEvildoer: Looked pretty townish to me but then dropped off the face of the earth, wouldn't lynch right now, though
Kmatt: Could be scum could be town but how do you honestly read him at this point?
Damerion: Didn't like his case and tunnel on Damdred. Did look somewhat close to his usual town game but with some differences. Would lynch.
Rels: Didn't like him at the start, felt better later on. Switching between two town wagons at the end would be plausible as scum. Could imagine lynching him.
prplhz: No idea how to read him from his posts. Probably not scum together with Rels because I don't think all 3 scum would be on the same wagon.
Holyflare: Felt more like hf but his reads look like how mafia would want to lynch. Would lynch.
mderg: I'm obviously town


Kmatt, alone of the afk'd players, was actually active around the lynch without voting. What does that say to you?

Regarding rels, what is it that makes you think he could be scum? Switching between two town lynches doesn't make him town, sure, and could be staged. But there's also little incentive for scum to care in that situation. For that matter, me not voting to save Damdred could be considered scummy. I know that I was a boob writing a post while the vote changes happened, but you don't know that that's true or not.

You don't agree with me that prp saying he'll vote with me and then not voting with me on scum darth foley looks scummy? Why not?

It honestly doesn't tell me much about kmatt, what should it tell me?

I've just now skimmed through his filter and have to say that it looks a bit different from what I thought it looked like. Pressure on df and hf looks good. Doesn't like damerion. Would be stupid to lynch him at this point.

I don't know about prplhz. I don't know enough about him and df as players to judge how much sense his reasoning made. I definitely wouldn't play like that as town, though.


Namely, if you townread Damdred and you're here the last 24 hours of the day phase multiple times, why do you not vote when Damdred is leading the votes? I don't get that. It almost falls into the scum need to be right without feeling the need to actually do anything about it (i.e. save a townread). What gives me pause is the wagon on darthfoley but...I don't think we ever had enough to actually lynch df yesterday.

^ That combination for me shifts him to the scummy side of null. Not top priority, but clearly I think that people should be able to read something into his play here and actually have opinions on it. That's why I asked you.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 11:14 GMT
#625
On January 21 2018 20:03 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 19:53 rsoultin wrote:
On January 21 2018 19:47 mderg wrote:
On January 21 2018 19:29 rsoultin wrote:
On January 21 2018 19:14 mderg wrote:
Taking a look at the votes:


Day One Final Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta, Rels
beentheredonethat (4): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley, prplhz, Rels
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta

Not Voting (2): Kmatt, beentheredonethat



I think we can clear btdt because df voting him makes no sense here, if they're both scum. One vote switch would get btdt lynched.
Similarly we can clear rsoultin on the df wagon. That's not telling us anything new, though.
I also think Mocsta is town based on his interactions with df.

So this is where I'm at:


Day One Final Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta, Rels
beentheredonethat (4): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley, prplhz, Rels
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta

Not Voting (2): Kmatt, beentheredonethat



That leaves us with:
TheTwatyEvildoer: Looked pretty townish to me but then dropped off the face of the earth, wouldn't lynch right now, though
Kmatt: Could be scum could be town but how do you honestly read him at this point?
Damerion: Didn't like his case and tunnel on Damdred. Did look somewhat close to his usual town game but with some differences. Would lynch.
Rels: Didn't like him at the start, felt better later on. Switching between two town wagons at the end would be plausible as scum. Could imagine lynching him.
prplhz: No idea how to read him from his posts. Probably not scum together with Rels because I don't think all 3 scum would be on the same wagon.
Holyflare: Felt more like hf but his reads look like how mafia would want to lynch. Would lynch.
mderg: I'm obviously town


Kmatt, alone of the afk'd players, was actually active around the lynch without voting. What does that say to you?

Regarding rels, what is it that makes you think he could be scum? Switching between two town lynches doesn't make him town, sure, and could be staged. But there's also little incentive for scum to care in that situation. For that matter, me not voting to save Damdred could be considered scummy. I know that I was a boob writing a post while the vote changes happened, but you don't know that that's true or not.

You don't agree with me that prp saying he'll vote with me and then not voting with me on scum darth foley looks scummy? Why not?

It honestly doesn't tell me much about kmatt, what should it tell me?

I've just now skimmed through his filter and have to say that it looks a bit different from what I thought it looked like. Pressure on df and hf looks good. Doesn't like damerion. Would be stupid to lynch him at this point.

I don't know about prplhz. I don't know enough about him and df as players to judge how much sense his reasoning made. I definitely wouldn't play like that as town, though.


Namely, if you townread Damdred and you're here the last 24 hours of the day phase multiple times, why do you not vote when Damdred is leading the votes? I don't get that. It almost falls into the scum need to be right without feeling the need to actually do anything about it (i.e. save a townread). What gives me pause is the wagon on darthfoley but...I don't think we ever had enough to actually lynch df yesterday.

^ That combination for me shifts him to the scummy side of null. Not top priority, but clearly I think that people should be able to read something into his play here and actually have opinions on it. That's why I asked you.

I struggle to read afk/semi-afk players. It depends strongly on how much they actually follow/care about the game. Both kmatt and prplhz are scummy, if we assume they had a general idea where the game is at.


Mmm. Fair. I mean, I do think you should be able to get more from them, but I don't know if that expectation is realistic (or if I'm reading too much into things).

Frankly, I have you out of my scum pile because of tone and interactions, nothing more. My feels on you are maybe only slightly stronger than those on holyflare. So if I ask you a lot of questions, that's why. Just so you understand where I'm coming from.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 11:17 GMT
#626
On January 21 2018 20:02 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 19:33 Mocsta wrote:
This is not a reason to lynch homyflare... just a general fact.


He is harder to lynh as the game goes on
Whether town or scum

I actually think damerion stupid caae/poke on a good town player is more likely to originate feom town. Almost suicide if scum... outcome is clear from the current sentiment...

To me focus for this lynch is holyflare mderg and perhaps damerion.

I still like twat regardless of disappearing.



What are you even talking about lol? I've been lynched pretty consistently and easily the past few games.


As for you...

Hello. Welcome to the game. If you'd like to join my town circle, please do feel free to actually I don't know make some reads. Help me solve the game. All that fun stuff. The mocsta read is getting old.

You have new information! New thoughts to accompany them?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 163
EnDerr 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15092
Hyuk 555
Soma 182
Stork 172
actioN 164
Rush 164
Bisu 163
EffOrt 96
Mong 84
Shinee 70
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 59
Shine 57
ToSsGirL 56
Killer 51
Bale 43
Hm[arnc] 30
Sharp 30
Noble 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Pusan 19
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
HiyA 10
sorry 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2258
League of Legends
JimRising 411
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1219
shoxiejesuss767
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
gofns28287
summit1g7601
singsing1206
ceh9517
crisheroes150
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick683
BasetradeTV148
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• StrangeGG 20
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV173
• lizZardDota2151
League of Legends
• Stunt399
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
33m
INu's Battles
1h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 33m
OSC
12h 48m
Replay Cast
13h 33m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.