• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7737 users

A normal game just for JAT <3 - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 16:37 GMT
#3292
On May 02 2016 01:17 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2016 01:11 Tumblewood wrote:
On May 01 2016 17:27 sicklucker wrote:
On May 01 2016 16:53 Tumblewood wrote:
I didn't read anything on 163 (I assume it's mostly you too) but holy shit I'm actually hyped to play tomorrow. Although it's about one in the morning right now and I need to sleep, I'll get my game face on for tomorrow knowing that it really matters.


? im done playing dude im probably not gonna log on till 1 hour till vote to humor you..

You had fucking 90 hours

shit
On May 01 2016 18:55 Rels wrote:
On May 01 2016 16:53 Tumblewood wrote:
I didn't read anything on 163 (I assume it's mostly you too) but holy shit I'm actually hyped to play tomorrow. Although it's about one in the morning right now and I need to sleep, I'll get my game face on for tomorrow knowing that it really matters.

You're basically admitting you were fake AFK for 60 hours and only posted when you see you had a chance to not get lynched.

no
i'm never fake afk, just didn't expect anything much to happen yesterday or the day before, because come on there are three people in this game what's going to happen in the first 60 hours that couldn't happen in the last 12

Why did you say "knowing it really matters" then ? Beucase it sounds like you thought it was worthless to post before, and after SL had a lot of posts on me being scum it mattered actually

I have a really hard time getting motivation to play mafia when I'm not really fighting, and before I saw that I had some real support I didn't think it was much of a fight, just thrashing and flailing until I died.
Also I was not sitting in thread until I saw SL posting, I was really gone.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 16:44 GMT
#3293
On May 02 2016 00:47 Rels wrote:
Why I am town

1. My reads have been fluid and has evolved with every event that happened in thread.

This is one of the way to catch me as scum. When I'm scum, after D1 where I freestyle the thread, I can take some time to react to certain stuff happening because I want to make plans and evaluate what I say - and I'm not the only one, it's well known that scums are in general more reactive than townies. But in this game I tried to see scum or town motivation behind every post I saw and asked questions when I saw something suspicious, which is my towntell. Again, see this rsoul quote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:31 rsoultin wrote:
rels is more his filter just looks like a town filter lol the fluidity of reads changing with new info is there, the willingness to say he's wrong about things instead of dig in his heels, and the probing into a lot of different things in a way that to me at least looks more like trying to figure out thought process and intentions (i.e. alignments) rather than just going on the attack. yet he's still aggressive so it doesn't look too blendy

^ definition of a town filter from a player who knows how to play for me

tbf i know his scum game is good lol >< but i don't think it's quite that good. the fluidity and breadth in particular is pretty hard to accomplish as scum, at least for me



2. My activity pattern - I have been very active all the time

This is the other way to catch me as scum, and TBF it's linked point 1. Point 1 is for my reads, point 2 is for my activity. I have a hard time posting all the time because playing scum is fucking difficult. That is what caused my downfall in PYP; I started out super strong, then when everyone townreads me, I feared posting in the thread knowing I could blow my townieness with a bad post. I remarked Superbia did the same in PYP BTW, at the point where I was lynched in PYP I thought Superbia was scum because his activity pattern were the same as mine; posting a lot and being townie when present, but AFK for large portions of time.
This is not the case here. During week days, every morning or at least start of afternoon, I caught up, then was active all the day until I went to sleep. I reacted to every interesting post made while I was present, and I was present a large portion of the game. Only during certains weekends or specific days did I have an activity drop 'cause I was doing other stuff, and during my sleep ofc.

3. There are 3 kills that I would have never made as scum

N2: rsoultin. She hard townreads me (see point 1), she hard scumreads Tumble. If I'm scum trying to mislynch Tumble, killing her is basically playing against my wincon. I'm not a dumb scum who shoot for WIFOM; I kill people that are right.
N4: OWS. He said he would auto vote Tumble the day after. He meant it. OWS is not SL, he thought Tumble was 100% scum and was not doing anything else. Again, killing him instead of JAT or SL is playing against my wincon.
N5: JAT. This one is less town indicative but is still true. Both JAT and SL were doubtful about who they thought was scum. But JAT is known for having a hard time lynching a high profile player. Furthermore, SL showed more willingness to vote me over JAT before the kill happened. I would have never not killed SL as scum.

You can maybe explain ONE weird NK by WIFOM, but if I was scum I played very badly in regard to NK choices. And that is definitely not one of my scumtell - I'm a smart scum, go see PYP for an example.

4. I have been pushing the game forward and constantly trying to solve the game

This is the last point and is not very strong because I am a good scum, I can fake this one well. It makes me mad to see me being a lynch candidate with how involved I am but I understand the fear read.

1. why do you never quote your own fluid reads and instead just quote rsoul saying you have fluid reads? townies can be wrong, you know.
2. activity is never a strong reason
3. yeah I agree, your ows nightkill was a pretty stupid move and could cost you the game
4. lol at "I understand the fear read"
wow I should become an attorney or something
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:33 GMT
#3317
I have neither the time nor the energy + Show Spoiler +
nor the town cred
to oppose this lynch. This would have been a very salvageable game, but I have too many commitments to dedicate much time to mafia right now.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:35 GMT
#3318
Which means instead I use this as an opportunity to spam and complain and try to spew myself town one last time
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:41 GMT
#3321
I kinda apologize to the town for not being townie like I should, but I also wish that town didn't always go for the path of least resistance. Like, this LyLo was largely decided by my activity and not by game logic. We shenannied GB for being AFK. We killed Shape for trying to do his best with an inconvenient schedule. Scum is almost never obvious but we keep acting like the obvious / easiest guy must be the one. Blah, it probably promotes better townplay, but there will always be scrubs and right now I'm a permanent path of least resistance and it sucks.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:45 GMT
#3323
On May 02 2016 06:40 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2016 16:53 Tumblewood wrote:
I didn't read anything on 163 (I assume it's mostly you too) but holy shit I'm actually hyped to play tomorrow. Although it's about one in the morning right now and I need to sleep, I'll get my game face on for tomorrow knowing that it really matters.

Show nested quote +
On May 02 2016 01:37 Tumblewood wrote:
On May 02 2016 01:17 Rels wrote:
On May 02 2016 01:11 Tumblewood wrote:
On May 01 2016 17:27 sicklucker wrote:
On May 01 2016 16:53 Tumblewood wrote:
I didn't read anything on 163 (I assume it's mostly you too) but holy shit I'm actually hyped to play tomorrow. Although it's about one in the morning right now and I need to sleep, I'll get my game face on for tomorrow knowing that it really matters.


? im done playing dude im probably not gonna log on till 1 hour till vote to humor you..

You had fucking 90 hours

shit
On May 01 2016 18:55 Rels wrote:
On May 01 2016 16:53 Tumblewood wrote:
I didn't read anything on 163 (I assume it's mostly you too) but holy shit I'm actually hyped to play tomorrow. Although it's about one in the morning right now and I need to sleep, I'll get my game face on for tomorrow knowing that it really matters.

You're basically admitting you were fake AFK for 60 hours and only posted when you see you had a chance to not get lynched.

no
i'm never fake afk, just didn't expect anything much to happen yesterday or the day before, because come on there are three people in this game what's going to happen in the first 60 hours that couldn't happen in the last 12

Why did you say "knowing it really matters" then ? Beucase it sounds like you thought it was worthless to post before, and after SL had a lot of posts on me being scum it mattered actually

I have a really hard time getting motivation to play mafia when I'm not really fighting, and before I saw that I had some real support I didn't think it was much of a fight, just thrashing and flailing until I died.
Also I was not sitting in thread until I saw SL posting, I was really gone.

^
TBF I do the same as scum. I'm like "yeah I can't do anything right now but I'll be there in XXX hour / days / minutes", then the time comes and I have no motivation to post BS stuff.

Thanks for doing your best to lock the lynch in Rels, I really appreciate it
BTW this is a town trait too
It's also really tough to make a scumcase on anyone else because at least all their actions are defensible (and post-game we can both admit that it's not because you're both town). I really wish I could go back in time to 2 minutes before D1 deadline and punch myself in the face.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:47 GMT
#3324
On May 02 2016 06:44 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2016 06:41 Tumblewood wrote:
I kinda apologize to the town for not being townie like I should, but I also wish that town didn't always go for the path of least resistance. Like, this LyLo was largely decided by my activity and not by game logic. We shenannied GB for being AFK. We killed Shape for trying to do his best with an inconvenient schedule. Scum is almost never obvious but we keep acting like the obvious / easiest guy must be the one. Blah, it probably promotes better townplay, but there will always be scrubs and right now I'm a permanent path of least resistance and it sucks.

Martyring is easier than solving the game right ? ^^ Pretty ironic when you have 0 post about who is scum today. You haven't even voted.

WOW DAE TUMBLE ISN'T TRYING IN LYLO? GUYS I SMELL AN EASY LYNCH
The game is solved, for me. I have 15 minutes, no motivation, and no audience to actually convince anyone that I'm town because the writing's on the wall.
I will concede that you are a pernicious person to case
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:49 GMT
#3326
Rels, you don't have to try and shut down my martyring. In a million years it's not convincing SL. Just AFK and the game ends the same.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:52 GMT
#3330
On May 02 2016 06:48 Rels wrote:
bro I'm sorry but if you're town we 100% deserve to lose. You have done nothing for maybe 80 hours.

It's about who's scum, not who "deserves to win/lose". You weren't in The Devil Inside Mafia, but the MyLo at the end was me/Trfel/rsoul (scum)/Breshke (afk lynchbait). I rationalized not voting for rsoul by telling myself that I'd feel really dumb giving Breshke an undeserved scum win. SL's probably not here though, so no one can stop rsoul 2.0.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:54 GMT
#3333
On May 02 2016 06:51 sicklucker wrote:
tumble if there was anyone on tl.net you could convince it was me. but you didnt even try. like I feel i cant give you this win for my concience. Like this is probably super tryhard scum game again but i cant vote against him with this much evidence and lack of effort

You're probably right, and I was totally going to pull it off if I didn't have to go to a movie at 11, or if I spent a bunch of time Friday night on it. You are the one person I apologize to.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:55 GMT
#3335
On May 02 2016 06:54 sicklucker wrote:
ya im not here im playing a turbo on another site afk. i think your town tho tumble not changing my vote tho

Doesn't matter to you, doesn't matter to me. One loss in the database doesn't change anything, my ego will survive.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:56 GMT
#3337
Man, I should try harder as town
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:57 GMT
#3340
On May 02 2016 06:56 sicklucker wrote:
like I dont think you can convince me tho. supers claim is still kind of weird if your with him. but you and super also voted together ot save both your lives

BOTH OF YOU WENT AGAINST YOUR READS.

like one I could understand as a coincidence but you both did it. its way too unlikely

At this point I don't even remember why I voted GB
Super did whatever, I'd like to know what was actually going on
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:58 GMT
#3342
On May 02 2016 06:57 sicklucker wrote:
rels at least I made you sweat yesterday enjoy your scum win

I didn't make you sweat ever but I concur
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:58 GMT
#3343
On May 02 2016 06:57 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2016 06:57 sicklucker wrote:
rels at least I made you sweat yesterday enjoy your scum win

fuck are you bragging beforehands

Rels, you could claim scum right now and still win
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 21:59 GMT
#3345
Actually, I claim jester
Ha get rekt I win
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 22:00 GMT
#3350
Classic last second vote to maybe avoid the banlist
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 22:01 GMT
#3354
GG Rels you out-efforted me
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 22:07 GMT
#3366
On May 02 2016 07:01 rsoultin wrote:
...i don't even know what to say about you not voting here, tumble. sl couldn't have saved you even if he tried/wanted to

gg rels, great job. you too, sl

@tumble...i would be happy to coach you or let you shadow if you like and i'm sure there are others who would too...there's no reason to remain the path of least resistance and i saw some good play in devil from you

Yeah I'm going to stop playing for a while (probably just a week or two... I have a problem) because I've lost the motivation to really case anyone.
My play in Devil was bad but worked because it was my first town game and I had lots of time, shoulda chosen XX before I went AFK.
I wholeheartedly agree with Palmar's statement that the number one factor in your success is the amount of time you put in. I might take you up on the coaching, but you really can't teach activity.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
May 01 2016 22:09 GMT
#3369
On May 02 2016 07:03 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2016 07:00 Tumblewood wrote:
Classic last second vote to maybe avoid the banlist

Seriously dude. How are you complaining about anything?
You apparently had enough time to post in games where you have nothing to prove but you couldn't be arsed to even try not to lose this one for your team.

smh

Please, I'm averaging probably five posts per day in Tortoise
good times for all
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 312
TKL 244
mouzHeroMarine 216
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 142
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m5176
pashabiceps749
Fnx 646
x6flipin274
edward17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Other Games
singsing1923
Grubby1609
Liquid`RaSZi1486
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0284
crisheroes266
B2W.Neo233
420jenkins170
dupreeh160
IndyStarCraft 157
QueenE104
Trikslyr83
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH279
• EnkiAlexander 21
• Hinosc 13
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3406
• WagamamaTV586
League of Legends
• Nemesis3493
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• Shiphtur865
• imaqtpie523
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 14m
INu's Battles
17h 14m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 14m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.