• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8499 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 20:48 GMT
#323
On March 01 2016 05:44 TheCow wrote:
#243-244 appears to be an attempt to discredit the attack against Sentinel -- his partner. Leveraging the style of qob as well as his newness to sidestep the read.

How is that mafia behavior when he knows his own alignment?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 20:52 GMT
#324
On March 01 2016 05:47 TheCow wrote:
Rels is almost definitely town.

I assume you have played forum mafia before? Can you link me to some of your games?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 21:13 GMT
#336
Quite an arduous job to read without the filter function, but from the town game I read from him his tone is more inquisitive / tentative / hedging his bets as opposed to more assertive in his mafia game.
I gather that Cow and qop played together a bit so Cow sheeping qop's sentinel read does not look as fake as I had thoght. Still, his overall tone looks more in line with his mafia game.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 21:46 GMT
#369
Gaunlet Kintaman?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 02:43 GMT
#480
Damdy all your post did nothing at all to the game, just took up space =/. And your partner is scummy as shit. Can you provide some amazing insight?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 02:54 GMT
#482
Damdy, I might be biased here, but the qob town read I believe is pretty obvious. Not saying FF is town, but is that your best hint at a mafia this game?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 04:32 GMT
#499
FF your play so far has been nothing short of amazing. I'm in awe of your rich and plentyful filter.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 05:13 GMT
#502
I would like him to actually do something before I derive any conclusions. I don't think the hedging thing you pointed out is particularly suspicious. If anything the lack of posting by him and his partner is mostly what is making me a bit nervous about them.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 07:51 GMT
#507
This whole thing is total twisted garbage. I'm going to adress it either way because I'm actually disturbed by how bad this actually is:
1) I asked setup related stuff to damdred:
Very start of the game, nothing else to talk about, let's try to interact with someone while having nothing relevant to talk about besides setup. With Open setups dealing with claims and ccs is very relevant to any decent town player.
2) I admit that at the very start of the game I had not thought about something, then provide pretty good and unique perspective on the matter in my opinion.
The conclusions he draws from this are very much distorted from what I actually said.
3) "Because mafia is trying to pretend they are town, while town isn't trying to pretend they are mafia. Oversimplified pehaps, but still should be a good guideline."
This is factual, and the reason I believe that if we think one of the players in a team are very likely scum we lynch the team no matter how well his partner is playing. Trying to distort this into fitting a scum mindset mold is disingenous. Again the conclusions you draw from this have absolutely nothing to do with what was said.
4) TheCow mini analysis posted by me:
If you simply read any of thecow's post you would conclude (based on lingo and assertiveness) that he has some forum mafia experience under his belt and isn't a clearly newbie player. I do use meta quite often, yes, and it has nothing to do with VE bad usage of meta that I dig up myself which you forgot to mention in your analysis. I guess the stuff you were not able to twist is not worth talking about, right?
5) Me trying to get a read off Damdred, who is partner with someone I'm suspicious of, is supposed to make me scum too huh? And regarding your question I did ignore it becuase I thought it was stupid, since obviously I got no read off damdred on the very begining and was only trying to get the game started.

And about qob he is like the shinning beacon of towniness giving no shits about anything and saying what he pleases.

Now regarding you I need to chill for a bit and decide what I think about this. I'm finding it hard to believe that you really believe what you are saying.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 18:17 GMT
#816
I don't think there is any reason for scum reading marv.

On March 02 2016 00:57 Felkyr wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 08:15 TheCow wrote:
sandroba did not understand the point of my post and voted for me. qob feels town to me, and because I know how to read him, I am reading the slot as town.

sandroba himself is scummy for reasons I implied earlier.


I don't like this post at all. Even is Sandroba is mistaken about the point of TheCow's post, Sandroba's post was good and the pressure on TheCow is justified. So his reason to find Sandroba scummy is very weak in my opinion, but he does so regardless. It's just a bad reaction to being called out. However! He can read Qob and he feels town, so the slot must be town, right? But! Sandroba is still scummy, because of that one reaction post. He is trying to discredit Sandroba's post by calling it scummy, but at the same time doesn't dare to call him scum. Not a real defense and no progression either.

Do you not agree that this post is bad? Why did you leave it out of your analysis?

That's a great point by Felkyr and I believe the strongest evidence so far is against thecow. Sentinel/FF and VE/bum lack of content and activity is something to note as well. I honestly don't know what to make of TT and would like to leave him be for the moment.
The rest of the players I think are town to varying degrees with koshi/felkyr being my top read.
Let's lynch thecow.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 18:27 GMT
#817
On March 01 2016 22:30 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 22:28 qob wrote:
On March 01 2016 22:09 Rels wrote:
qob why do you think marv is scum ?

My partner and my town reads suspect him. I personally havent been focusing on him too much.

However after watching him vs. Koshi it was one sided and clear.

pretty sure your partner will end up townreading me, though. stay tuned

Besides there being no reason for scum reading marv I think this is pretty strong reason for town reading him.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 18:47 GMT
#819
On March 02 2016 01:20 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Actually thecow was referring to a specific discussion he didnt' think was useful when he talked about "philosophy":
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2016 10:17 Damdred wrote:
Depends on the circumstances.

My general philosophy after some headaches is lynch when we have a cc situation otherwise let mafia deal with it during the night.

If it's late in game it's best to,ignore the claim and parse them from what they did during the game. Obviously probably will have a cc in this situation.


I don't know how you can know he was talking specifically about this, since that post by damdred wasn't particularly worthy of note and wasn't a subject talked about an apreciable amount at any point in the thread. But assuming he was, it is completely irrelevant to come in after 24 hours and leave a comment about something that happened in the very first page of the game. That openner was just atrocious and felt very much constructed.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 18:49 GMT
#820
My point is not what he talked about, is how he went about speaking his mind. It read like he was doing a chore and needed to say random things about random topics.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:09 GMT
#865
Why are some of you saying Damdred is town? I understand saying he is not auto scum, but I don't see a single thing that jumps out townie to me.
I also don't understand why someone wouldn't think thecow is the absolute best vote for today by far. Some of the things being said here about other teams are fair, but none of it is as strong as the evidence against cow. All your hunches can wait, let's lynch the mafia first.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:18 GMT
#868
On March 02 2016 05:02 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 04:52 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On March 02 2016 04:50 marvellosity wrote:
If sentinel is basing everything on meta I should be lock town to him...

I can make jokes too.

Nah the only meta so far I'm taking into account is kush's, and even then he's only slightly green to me atm.


Didn't you just meta shapelog about shitposting, or was that just a joke?

Also you didn't answer my question right. The game is exactly how it is right now but you are scum. What team would you push to lynch? thecow/damdred?


Kush why are you assuming constantly that damdred/cow are town?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:20 GMT
#872
On March 02 2016 05:16 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 05:09 sandroba wrote:
Why are some of you saying Damdred is town? I understand saying he is not auto scum, but I don't see a single thing that jumps out townie to me.
I also don't understand why someone wouldn't think thecow is the absolute best vote for today by far. Some of the things being said here about other teams are fair, but none of it is as strong as the evidence against cow. All your hunches can wait, let's lynch the mafia first.


his "scumslip" catch looks townie because it shows he is reading things closely and critically.
that's it I think.

Not going to argue, it may look a bit townie. But it does not cement someone as town, or is beyond what scum could reasonably do. Or are you saying damdred as scum wouldn't ever make a post like that?
And you are saying you have no suspicion what so ever on cow's posting so far?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:31 GMT
#881
Well TT, if you read my points against him and Felkyr's points against him you would know where I come from. My filter isn't that big. I don't find damdred's posts particularly scummy, but I don't find them particularly townie either. Hell I would expect more of an effort from him given the situation he is in.

To sum it up for you my strongest evidence against cow is the constructed looking way he posts. His comments and reads are delivered like he is doing a chore as opposed to trying to look for mafia. The way he responds to people feels like he is telling them what he thinks they want to hear to get rid of them. His openning post does not look like a natural post a townie would make after reading the game.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:32 GMT
#882
On March 02 2016 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 05:18 sandroba wrote:
On March 02 2016 05:02 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 02 2016 04:52 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On March 02 2016 04:50 marvellosity wrote:
If sentinel is basing everything on meta I should be lock town to him...

I can make jokes too.

Nah the only meta so far I'm taking into account is kush's, and even then he's only slightly green to me atm.


Didn't you just meta shapelog about shitposting, or was that just a joke?

Also you didn't answer my question right. The game is exactly how it is right now but you are scum. What team would you push to lynch? thecow/damdred?


Kush why are you assuming constantly that damdred/cow are town?

Are you your newbie's bitch?

What can I say, he is a rebel.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:34 GMT
#884
I don't particularly hate his vote tbh, but I like mine more =).
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 01 2016 20:44 GMT
#892
Honestly I didn't like shapelog's posts, but kush is giving me warm feelings. Maybe I'm being a fool, but this game is looking easy by PoE.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 608
ProTech176
UpATreeSC 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16083
Calm 3027
Mini 316
Mind 84
910 69
soO 48
Dota 2
Gorgc5819
canceldota66
monkeys_forever41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4613
Other Games
fl0m2178
FrodaN890
Beastyqt554
olofmeister535
Liquid`Hasu294
Livibee189
C9.Mang0161
IndyStarCraft 138
QueenE65
ZombieGrub65
BRAT_OK 33
MindelVK6
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2902
• WagamamaTV383
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur679
• Scarra557
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 3m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.