• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9372 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 13 2015 23:03 GMT
#2911
On November 14 2015 08:01 kitaman27 wrote:
Crazy stuff happening in France. Hope everything is alright Rels.


OH SHIT. Oh wow. I really hope you are okay.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 13 2015 23:11 GMT
#2913
On November 14 2015 08:08 Rels wrote:
Thanks mates that touch me a lot. I'm OK. Fuck them all


THANK GOD, I was worried knowing what I know about you (outside this game).

I'm so sorry and I hope everyone is safe.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:33 GMT
#2989
On November 14 2015 21:18 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 21:12 Vivax wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:08 Xatalos wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:02 Vivax wrote:
Xata, who was the spy on the mission you issued?


SL probably. I agree that rayn/Coag has the worst mission/vote record (besides HTS), but other things still point more to him being town (his balanced attitude to the game as opposed to his very aggressive/agenda-driven attitude as scum in VS, and his lack of care for getting modkilled etc.). SL also has things against him like first scumreading me, then suddenly townreading me when I put him on the mission with me (meaning he could easily sabotage the mission just by townreading me at that moment).


Right, and HTS and Artanis his scumbuds?


HTS is the most likely other scum yeah. Her terrible vote record and bullshit reasons to push me/rayn after the first fail should be reason enough. The last scum I'm not sure about atm. I thought it was Rels, but then he voted NO to the team just now....... Hm. I guess it could be Artanis as well. His vote record approaches HTS levels of bad if we include this most recent vote. It's probably not you, also considering the most recent vote as well.

Meh. But SL/HTS I'm like 95+% are scum at least.


Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

I have never once scumread Rayn. Hilarious.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:38 GMT
#2990
On November 14 2015 22:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 22:11 Xatalos wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:59 Vivax wrote:
I'll be tinfoiling hard before the next mission actually. Mostly about those who always voted yes on any failed mission (HTS, Rayn).

Xata is among them too.

I'm not that sure this was an all town team after all.


Well, I won't deny that my voting record isn't the best one. I think it's still better than HTS/Coag though. HTS is especially bad because her YES votes have been to failing teams that she herself hasn't been part of, further pointing to her seeing a chance to pass some failing team in those situations (especially voting Rels to pass when she has mostly been scumreading Rels throughout the game).


Fair point, I shall revisit HTS. But it would mean that I'm wrong on kita and that's kinda tough cause I always had a bad feeling about him. Tinfoil request accepted.

Coag might as well not have voted anything and have defaulted to no on the last mission. Maybe spies missed a victory just cause he's a lazy bum lolz.

Fidei said he didn't receive all the votes.


Vivax

In both cases I explained why I voted for the failed teams.

And if it comes to it I can come up with the teams you need that leave myself off.

The scumteam are Xata/Rels/Kita so its super easy to sort out the rest.

What I suggest you look at is the rationale leading up to the failed votes.

Xatalos should have never voted mission 2 on for all the reservations he had.

Also extra town points to you (Vivax) for the smokescreen...not like you needed them.

I have no idea tbf what Coagulation is doing though.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:42 GMT
#2991
Also do the same thing for Rayn.

I am sure rayn had the same rationale or explained why he was doing what he was doing prior to voting for the failed missions.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:46 GMT
#2993
ebwop - not the "same" rationale but some explanation or whatever leading up to his votes.

I also recall sicklucker and I calling out people right when the mission 2 team votes passed and we knew immediately the team would fail. He mentioned something about Rels should have never passed the team based on his reads but there I honestly cannot remember why. Xatalos was more obvious because I'd actually caught it and he put the frame of reference on "sicklucker/myself upvoting the team" rather than what he thought of Kita Rels when Rayn queried him.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:49 GMT
#2994
Everyone else, I'm on mobile all day if there are questions.
AFK for a 15km run then I will be in and out.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:52 GMT
#2997
On November 14 2015 19:37 sicklucker wrote:
So all this analyst confirms that the scum team is xata/rels/kits + an outside chance of vivax but this is less likely because he had a very good inthread excuse to vote. I think if hes mafia here he would have voted yes so acualy im pretty sure on vivax vivax can be town.

Art is also likely town but his yes vote is worrisome since his last inthread posts were talking about how he cant vote yes because of me. But his most likely partner is hts. Hts is probably on my mission so including art is not the worst. Replacing coag with art is possible.

That leaves me with coag. im not as sure as the rest of you that hes town but there are obvious meta reasons to think thats the case. While I originally wanted to include him im thinking I might not just because the last team seemed pure already based on votes. He was on both missions and there is weird worlds were he is scum with the no voters.

one of ryan/art will have ot be included on mission 4/5 anyway so I dont think it matters much if we put one of the two on the missions.

Acualy since we need 5 confirmed towns heres what I promise to do on my noms. I will try to nominate a team of 4 that does not include myself. This will confirm me (again) and the 4 people who I submitted.

This will give us 5 confirmed towns and force the scum the concede earlier and make you morons less suspicious of me since im not submitting myself. But if I have doubts I will include myself


100% agreed. btw

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 13:58 GMT
#2999
On November 14 2015 22:49 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 22:33 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:18 Xatalos wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:12 Vivax wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:08 Xatalos wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:02 Vivax wrote:
Xata, who was the spy on the mission you issued?


SL probably. I agree that rayn/Coag has the worst mission/vote record (besides HTS), but other things still point more to him being town (his balanced attitude to the game as opposed to his very aggressive/agenda-driven attitude as scum in VS, and his lack of care for getting modkilled etc.). SL also has things against him like first scumreading me, then suddenly townreading me when I put him on the mission with me (meaning he could easily sabotage the mission just by townreading me at that moment).


Right, and HTS and Artanis his scumbuds?


HTS is the most likely other scum yeah. Her terrible vote record and bullshit reasons to push me/rayn after the first fail should be reason enough. The last scum I'm not sure about atm. I thought it was Rels, but then he voted NO to the team just now....... Hm. I guess it could be Artanis as well. His vote record approaches HTS levels of bad if we include this most recent vote. It's probably not you, also considering the most recent vote as well.

Meh. But SL/HTS I'm like 95+% are scum at least.


Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

I have never once scumread Rayn. Hilarious.


Much like shockeyy, you never directly called him scum, but made a lot of posts putting suspicion on him. rayn himself at least was sure that you pushed him.


Stop distorting the facts. I explained multiple times over that rayn's behaviour was TOXIC but NON ALIGNMENT INDICTATIVE. I also fuether defined what i meant by toxic for town. This was because at the time I felt Shockey was wrongfully scumreading him.

Shockley's conclusion was reasonable as Mafia do prefer to shit up the thread at times but he doesn't know rayn's meta and there's where I did examples.

Rayn saying that I was scumreading him (and I told him it was not true either) was because he cannot take any criticism of his play and it had ZERO to do with determining alignments. I corrected him as well.

Fair bit of reaching you are doing there.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 14:06 GMT
#3001
Xatalos, Kita is scum based on association from Rels. That's my primary reason and I cited post references before. Vivax and Artanis made great posts BTW on Kita always framing their behaviour from an exclusive Mafia lens.

as for Kita's voting record, again disassociation. Same thing I told with Rels and sicklucker called the same thing out earlier, Rels voting no alone will not vindicate him. The SAME applies for Kita.

All you people need to do is ensure but one Mafia get on a team and then cruise on that regardless of who voted what.

The voting records are one set of data points, filters/reads etc are a big part as well.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 14:10 GMT
#3006
Again at no point have I ever scumread Rayn at any point this game.

Why do you think I was trying to convince Shockey out of the tunnel? In what world does that make sense if I thought Rayn was scum?

Please. This is pretty pathetic from you because you are scumreading me based on fallacy.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 14:20 GMT
#3016
On November 14 2015 23:13 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 23:10 Half the Sky wrote:
Again at no point have I ever scumread Rayn at any point this game.

Why do you think I was trying to convince Shockey out of the tunnel? In what world does that make sense if I thought Rayn was scum?

Please. This is pretty pathetic from you because you are scumreading me based on fallacy.


Look in the mirror None of your reasons to scumread me have made the slightest amount of sense.

It's also pointless for you to say that you "never scumread him" when a lot of your posts are about putting suspicion on him / discrediting him.


You can say that all you want since you are a spy...except I'm actually reading threads and pulling shit together and you're coming up with entirely fabricated reasons but whatever.

Lol. Not once any suspicion on him being mafia, and discrediting him for this game was BEHAVIOUR BASED NOT ALIGNMENT BASED.

"Not read based not I felt he was wrong based." And most people here are smart enough to know his meta but Shockey was unfamiliar.

His behaviour destroys towns in a manner that is NAI. IF you want to keep stretching the truth on that one go right ahead.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 14:21 GMT
#3017
On November 14 2015 23:14 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 21:24 Vivax wrote:
You don't have to do anything. We send the same team which is a confirmed town team cause all people from mission 2 no-voted it. Just that this time I vote yes.

Kita is mafia.
Xata is mafia.

Last mafia is either Coag or Rels.

Send anyone else, win the game.

Concede plz.


thats a good point but i would expect coag to no vote that if hes town


again well done Vivax.

Now I'm going on my run.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 16:29 GMT
#3031
Back.

On November 14 2015 22:51 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 22:38 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 14 2015 22:17 Vivax wrote:
On November 14 2015 22:11 Xatalos wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:59 Vivax wrote:
I'll be tinfoiling hard before the next mission actually. Mostly about those who always voted yes on any failed mission (HTS, Rayn).

Xata is among them too.

I'm not that sure this was an all town team after all.


Well, I won't deny that my voting record isn't the best one. I think it's still better than HTS/Coag though. HTS is especially bad because her YES votes have been to failing teams that she herself hasn't been part of, further pointing to her seeing a chance to pass some failing team in those situations (especially voting Rels to pass when she has mostly been scumreading Rels throughout the game).


Fair point, I shall revisit HTS. But it would mean that I'm wrong on kita and that's kinda tough cause I always had a bad feeling about him. Tinfoil request accepted.

Coag might as well not have voted anything and have defaulted to no on the last mission. Maybe spies missed a victory just cause he's a lazy bum lolz.

Fidei said he didn't receive all the votes.


Vivax

In both cases I explained why I voted for the failed teams.

And if it comes to it I can come up with the teams you need that leave myself off.

The scumteam are Xata/Rels/Kita so its super easy to sort out the rest.

What I suggest you look at is the rationale leading up to the failed votes.

Xatalos should have never voted mission 2 on for all the reservations he had.

Also extra town points to you (Vivax) for the smokescreen...not like you needed them.

I have no idea tbf what Coagulation is doing though.


Btw I did explain why I voted like I did. SL's auto-nomination would have been a surefire way to lose. At least that team had hope. But you haven't read my posts in ages anyway so whatever.


No, that was you not answering rayn's question as to Kita/Rels - AND RAYN CALLED YOU OUT ON THAT HIMSELF.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/497443-resistance-v-section-31?page=112#2225

YOU EVADED HIS QUESTION.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 16:35 GMT
#3032
On November 14 2015 22:55 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 22:38 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 14 2015 22:17 Vivax wrote:
On November 14 2015 22:11 Xatalos wrote:
On November 14 2015 21:59 Vivax wrote:
I'll be tinfoiling hard before the next mission actually. Mostly about those who always voted yes on any failed mission (HTS, Rayn).

Xata is among them too.

I'm not that sure this was an all town team after all.


Well, I won't deny that my voting record isn't the best one. I think it's still better than HTS/Coag though. HTS is especially bad because her YES votes have been to failing teams that she herself hasn't been part of, further pointing to her seeing a chance to pass some failing team in those situations (especially voting Rels to pass when she has mostly been scumreading Rels throughout the game).


Fair point, I shall revisit HTS. But it would mean that I'm wrong on kita and that's kinda tough cause I always had a bad feeling about him. Tinfoil request accepted.

Coag might as well not have voted anything and have defaulted to no on the last mission. Maybe spies missed a victory just cause he's a lazy bum lolz.

Fidei said he didn't receive all the votes.


Vivax

In both cases I explained why I voted for the failed teams.

And if it comes to it I can come up with the teams you need that leave myself off.

The scumteam are Xata/Rels/Kita so its super easy to sort out the rest.

What I suggest you look at is the rationale leading up to the failed votes.

Xatalos should have never voted mission 2 on for all the reservations he had.

Also extra town points to you (Vivax) for the smokescreen...not like you needed them.

I have no idea tbf what Coagulation is doing though.


Not really sure why you call kita scum when he has voted against every failing team while you have voted FOR every failing team without even being included in them And on pretty shaky grounds such as voting in SL even though you suspected him to be scum at the time, and Rels whom you had scumread up to that point.


You conveniently forget that I re-read Rels' filter to see if I could see town motivation in his filter and I did prior to voting. I also made it VERY clear what votes I was putting in with the team prior to upvoting or downvoting and (IIRC most cases) why. It should be VERY easy to follow and if anyone wanted to stop me or protest my logic they should have. I made a mistake - and I admitted it right away - not fully tinfoiling Kita, but with Rels on the team, it would have been a moot point anyways.

The other funny thing is that you and Rels are pushing the same angle, relying on the voting records (and hyperfocusing on them) and pretty much nothing else. That is a red flag, because it is not the only thing that comprises this game. Like I have said before if people feel my votes disqualify me and they don't understand my explanations or my re-evaluations, I will come up with teams without me to achieve the victory for town.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 16:35 GMT
#3033
On November 14 2015 23:25 kitaman27 wrote:
Riddle me this, if there were two spies on the second mission where did me and Rels coordinate how to avoid the double sabotage?

We chose to pass it, so there had to be some secret communication to avoid essentially loosing the game automatically, yet there was only one sabotage.

It's very rare for a scum team to upvote a double spy mission because of this reason.


No coordination is needed. If I recall correctly, it was also discussed prior to the game that the spy at/closer to the top of the list would be the one to pull it off. It was hashed out by Artanis and rayn. Posts #67 and #69 of the thread.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 16:41 GMT
#3034
On November 15 2015 00:50 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 07:45 Half the Sky wrote:
Shockey is townreading Superbia, Rels, Artanis and Kita, scumreads on rayn and Xatalos.

Null on everyone else. Probably means I don't have to worry about a spy Xatalos fooling us all, with the third scum being Superbia/Kita, Artanis/sicklucker per this association is a longshot.

This also means though I'm wrong on a townread though, and I'm now not sure whom without filter diving.

It's one of Superbia or Kita, Rels is either defending scum Kita or disassociating from Superbia.

If I had to tinfoil Kita, the former makes sense considering the early case on Xatalos. But now we have some queries on Rels. Hmmmm.

The problem is, if sicklucker is mafia, and Rels is using reverse psychology on us, then this whole thing is blown out of the water. But Ockham's razor indicates SL is town, so I think that's what I'm going to hold for now, unless something else indicates otherwise.

Random thoughts. Still on mobile, can't filter dive too easily.


SL is HTS's #2 suspect here after Rels.....

Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 07:55 Half the Sky wrote:
Nah wait, Rels is downvoting the team, so nvm.

sicklucker is probably town. Forgot for a second.


Vote justified anyway just because Rels disagrees with the team.

Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 08:24 Half the Sky wrote:
Independent of the vote, there's plenty to suggest Xatalos/rayn are town, so the main doubt was sicklucker. If the mission is sabotaged, it makes it pretty obvious where it'd be but then that also circles to the point raised as to why the next team is selected right away.


Townreading me/rayn.

Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 08:37 Half the Sky wrote:
Alright, going into tinfoil rayn land - the first thing that jumps out at me was the "alternate strategy" of getting multiple scum on the team as opposed to the conventional strategy of trying to get the first mission to pass. I forget who accused rayn of mafia motivation but this was one potential point to raise against him.


Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 08:43 Half the Sky wrote:
Second point is the conflicting read on Superbia where he was nitpicking Xatalos over scum being at a disadvantage (paraphrasing) whereas Kita took the opposite position on this. Saying that Superbia was stretching it.

Does it make sense for a town rayn to read Superbia that way? That's probably the first question to think hard on.

We all know that when rayn is town, he's nitpicky over semantics. As mafia....I honestly don't remember. I know the rage level is the same, the last mafia game I recall (TL LXX before he replaced out) I don't recall a lot of nitpicking but I might need to refresh my memory, that game was in March. Ugh.

Does anyone else recall any notable rayn scum games where he was close to replicate town play?

First wave of reads:

On November 02 2015 18:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay i am gonna stop this conversation now as it's waste of time.

I think both of Superbia and Xatalos are town. I don't see any reason to think otherwise.
Artanis and sicklucker said nothing alignemnt indicative.
Rels and kitaman are suspicious. Rels because he is refusing to read people. kitaman because he is talking about setup which is a big no-no in this game unless you are scum and want to give advice to your teammates, like "this is something i would not recommend to do". And that's all he said, except for;
I'd say people stating that they are happy that they didn't roll mafia typically increases their chances of being mafia, though I don't know if that actually holds true.

So; "I think people who claim town are more likely to be scum, but i don't really know if that's true"
hmmm... what?!?!


Putting some suspicion on rayn for a bit.. But it doesn't really work out too well, so next is me.... Even though SL was the main suspect of us 3 before, now he's off bounds somehow.

Show nested quote +
On November 08 2015 12:06 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 08 2015 12:00 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On November 08 2015 11:57 Half the Sky wrote:
I anticipate I will be up until 0400 my time (or another hour and change from this post) so if anyone wants to talk, will do.

I answered Rels' questions, I got Artanis's earlier, if I missed yours, flag me. I read the last 10 pages and I don't think I missed any more.

Since Rels is up for debate, I'll prioritise him over the Xata meta analysis...


How about you talk to me on how Xata and rayn both still town read each other and attack SL after the first mission?


Actually re-read this - the quick answer to this is Xatalos being suspicious based on how quickly he did it. I brought this point up discussing sicklucker and I went into detail citing two posts where I suspected Xatalos could be scum for this.

rayn I have a slightly different take which I was going to do a separate walkthrough. I was planning on doing a Xata meta read analysis - as mafia Xatalos has shallower reads (and the last post I just cited from him sorta scares me tbh. But long story shot I think a number of the things you cited with rayn is (mostly) NAI. I'll try and explain why.


Well, here's the main argument. That I decided SL was scum rather than rayn too "quickly". But rayn decided that even faster.... So ?????? It just doesn't make sense. I did at least entertain the possibility of rayn being scum, but I never really thought that was the case, and my filter dive confirmed my stance there. I was pretty sure it would be SL if the mission somehow failed.

Show nested quote +
On November 10 2015 03:08 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 09 2015 20:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So that was the only team that had a reasonable chance of going onto a mission.

##Nominate: raynpelikoneet, sicklucker, Half the sky, Shockeyy


On November 09 2015 21:31 Xatalos wrote:
On November 09 2015 20:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So that was the only team that had a reasonable chance of going onto a mission.

##Nominate: raynpelikoneet, sicklucker, Half the sky, Shockeyy


Quite a curious nomination. Another reaction test, or you don't think any other team can pass at this point......?


On November 09 2015 22:00 Xatalos wrote:
On November 09 2015 21:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So like, Xatalos is stubbornly trying to push a team that has both me and him in it, when at least half of the people in the game think one of us might be scum.

HtS doesn't even read the game (or apparently any game she has ever played) so i don't see any reason i should pay any attention to what she posts.

Shockeyy hasn't made a single logical conslusion in this game, and Artanis now for some reason thinks Xatalos is mafia instead of sicklucker because of what Shockeyy says.

sicklucker doesn't wanna say yes to any team he doesn't pick himself, doesn't scumhunt and just hides behind his heuristic.

Superbia gave up a long time ago on this game.

So yeah, i am just gonna vote yes to any team that gets picked and/or wait for SL to present his team and if the team is all town we win -- or if the team fails i am gonna blame the dude who picked the team. Because that's the correct play, right sicklucker?

Basically this game cannot possibly go anywhere so i don't really see any reason why i should give any fucks rn.


Tbh I think this nomination is probably the only one where we have a chance anymore.... But I guess quite a few scumread you now so I can understand why it seems difficult. Then should we just try voting for a team or something?


More on why Xatalos is a spy -

Mission 1: Xatalos, rayn, sicklucker - vote passed 5:4, mission failed.

Rayn suggested a team of himself, sicklucker (TWO FROM THE ABOVE FAILED MISSION!!!!) me, and Shockey.

And then Xatalos turns around and says "this nomination is the only one we have a chance"??????

When in HIS world he's town and we know for a FACT one of these two failed, he's saying we have a chance?

Are you remotely kidding me?!?!?!?!?

That is one atrocious response if I've ever seen one.


This is where it really starts going downhill. Read this post and the following posts to see why. Nothing fits this argument more than "absolute bullshit".

And the following new arguments are pretty much the same.


Alright, to answer these points.

1 First your "vote justified...." doesn't account for the fact I townread you up to that point (first sentence of quoted post, I had reason to townread you anyhow). Additionally, rayn made the same point that scummy people wanted sicklucker out for Rels. So what on that note alone made him more town than myself making the same point?

2 It would be negligent to not question potential scum motives on rayn after the failture. Did I push them? No. Kita answered the questions (or someone did) and if there's no mafia motivation, of course I'd drop them. I wanted discussion and I wasn't going to push rayn unless there was actually evidence of such a mindset. It is a town tell to express some scepticism which is what I did. I said it before (post 1850).

It is a known fact for anyone familiar with rayn that rayn does not take well to being scumread or to me doubting him in any way. I did it, it didn't check out, I moved on. rayn suspecting me does not mean he's right, nor does it mean I'm scum. He was wrong on me in Titanic (and got mislynched for it, mafia took advantage of my tunnel on rayn) and he was wrong on me here.

3 rayn townreading you (and stickling to it) is the type of thing he will do, he has his one way of thinking - many players agree on this - and I know he said a few times early on "Xatalos is confirmed town" (erroneously). Anyways, he is the type of player who doesn't change his reads much if he thinks the player is being "logical" enough. At that point in time, he was scumreading both Shockey and myself pretty hard, and did not change his reads on us at any point in the game until he was modkilled. I know the very last thing he said about both of us was that (paraphrasing) "and I keep coming back to how Shockey and HTS are so scummy because of everything they post..."

.....but this is because rayn plays the game very different from either of us so he will say things like that.
The meta expectations for both of you are different because you play the game differently and this is the same argument I made in defence of sicklucker.

Using a different example, Artanis is/was scumreading you for not re-evaluating on me. The biggest difference between you and rayn is that rayn will not re-evaluate if he feels there are more scummy townies. And that is typical town rayn. (And I know I'm not the only one who said this either.)

4 Regarding the last quote I told Rels (because I beleive he queried me on it too) that it was possible I could have misunderstood you regarding the first mission and I spliced the words for a double take. At this point in time I am pushing you harder on Mission #2 (posts 2363/(my 6000th post)/2990). You cast doubt on sicklucker and myself upvoting the team, and took attention off your own scummates. THAT IS MAFIA MOTIVATED.

5 A few other people drew into question your reads - #2361 and 2362. I keep forgetting those posts.

Finally, again, if people are so scared of me, I can come up with 4- and 5-player teams without myself on it that suit the town agenda. You (from your recent posts) can not.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 16:53 GMT
#3038
Well it should be obvious to everyone else, but just in case, purposely leaving myself off, I would propose the following teams if I was leader.

Team of 4: Artanis/Vivax/sicklucker/Shockey (Shockey is switchable for Coag depending on how people feel)
Team of 5: Artanis/Vivax/sicklucker/Shockey/Coagulation

I strongly feel that rayn was town, but if people have had doubts on him respective of his voting record, I am confident in the other four.

I have nothing to hide.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 16:57 GMT
#3040
On November 15 2015 01:53 Xatalos wrote:
Hm, so I assume you've dropped the earlier arguments by now then? It's just hard to tell because it's a continuous push where you switch arguments whenever you can, and kind of leave the earlier arguments hanging in there.

I think you said you haven't seen my towngame, so I'd say you're unqualified to talk about my towngame in any case. I usually stick to my reads as town, unless there's heavy reason to reconsider. Your vote record and push on me have kept being awful, so...

That latter argument "I took attention off my teammates" is just unflipped association. You just assume someone is scum and I'm scum when I'm not scumreading them (at least as much as you are). Not very convincing.


The point I tried to make and I did in my earlier post is that you failed to answer any question or take a stance on Kita or Rels prior to the team going up. "It's not the best and it's not the worst" simply means it's easier for you to evade accountability regardless of anyone's alignment. The answer you simply gave to rayn was poor irrespective of their alignments.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 14 2015 17:08 GMT
#3044
.......

You basically said Kita had more credibility based off an associative read.

On November 10 2015 23:39 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2015 22:49 Rels wrote:
Xata, why are you suspicious of me ?
Why are you suspicious of kita ?


The NO votes look good for you two, it's just not on the level of a confident townread. Kita for being so vague and non-committal throughout the game, and you because your recent scumgames looked pretty similar to this game too (very active and engaged..).

Now that I think about it, though, scum HTS would have had no good reason to put scum Kita into the first team.... So that gives kita a bit more credibility at least.


(post 2232)

You even said that Kita was vague and noncomittal. Irrespective of your read on me you should have voted this team down.

I was negligent with Kita and I openly admitted that. I fucked that one up. Rels when I re-evaluated him, I was wrong in my evaluation. But with (now knowing) two on the team it was moot. Even if I HAD tinfoiled Kita, I would have fucked up on Rels still.

In any case, if you had reasonable doubt, you should have proposed an alternative to those two players or searched for one. Not fade out (yes I read from there to page 115 which was end of phase) and pass the team.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 460
ViBE120
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17125
White-Ra 187
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever308
NeuroSwarm37
League of Legends
Doublelift3158
Counter-Strike
fl0m1277
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1691
Liquid`Hasu1214
Trikslyr53
Other Games
summit1g5815
Grubby5342
ArmadaUGS3023
shahzam579
C9.Mang0191
JimRising 71
Mew2King61
ZombieGrub53
Railgan27
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 30
• davetesta19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1101
• Scarra1005
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 8m
OSC
15h 8m
Stellar Fest
15h 8m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.