• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9523 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 25 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:24 GMT
#1436
We need to go back through rayn/Xatalos and look at their gameplay from a potential mafia lens. And then do likeliness/percentage play analysis. That's the way to go.

Kita had some case on Xata, although Rels metaed him by activity and the activity supported him being town. I'd follow up the depth of Xata's reads - the more shallow, the more likely mafia.

And then rayn, looking at his play from a mafia lens...I know he was going at it with Rels and going at it with I think Kita?

Time for filter diving.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:25 GMT
#1437
On November 07 2015 08:23 kitaman27 wrote:
One idea that I'm toying with is a Xata + Artanis team.

It made much more sense for a town Xata to nominate Artanis from his position I would think. Him not doing so may suggest that he didn't want a double spy team day one. Need to evaluate if his reasoning to nominate SL over Artanis makes sense.


I remember this - this I didn't like. But rayn kept saying no no the scummers (his reference I presume to Rels/Superbia/me) didn't want SL and wanted Artanis instead. it was rayn who really pushed SL at the end.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:28 GMT
#1442
On November 07 2015 08:26 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 08:25 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Lol.... Of course..... I don't look crazy now do I? ;\


Actually leaning on TMI in my mind atm, but I'll re-eval your filter somewhere tomorrow.


llllllllllooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

seriously though Shockey I broke down the numbers....you're not off the hook given what I said about the breakdown of spies.

whom were you scumreading? rayn/xata right? hmmmmm.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:29 GMT
#1444
On November 07 2015 08:23 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
You do realize one of the spies could've voted pass, right?


Read the operative post - Fidei explicitly says there was one sabotage - or do you mean there were two people on the mission and one passed and one failed?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:30 GMT
#1445
EBWOP - two spies on the mission.

Yeah I need to stop playing this game at late hours when I'm dead.....oh well :/
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:31 GMT
#1446
Alright Artanis if you think that's the case, they cannot communicate through a mafia QT, how would they know whether to pass or fail when there's a partner on the mission? I'm just saying from a likeliness standpoint.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:33 GMT
#1448
I'm so bad at this game.

Forget it, I'm just going to filter dive rayn/xata...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:35 GMT
#1451
Incidentally tripping over it as I'm reading through rayn's filter. Figures.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:37 GMT
#1454
Alright, going into tinfoil rayn land - the first thing that jumps out at me was the "alternate strategy" of getting multiple scum on the team as opposed to the conventional strategy of trying to get the first mission to pass. I forget who accused rayn of mafia motivation but this was one potential point to raise against him.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:43 GMT
#1457
Second point is the conflicting read on Superbia where he was nitpicking Xatalos over scum being at a disadvantage (paraphrasing) whereas Kita took the opposite position on this. Saying that Superbia was stretching it.

Does it make sense for a town rayn to read Superbia that way? That's probably the first question to think hard on.

We all know that when rayn is town, he's nitpicky over semantics. As mafia....I honestly don't remember. I know the rage level is the same, the last mafia game I recall (TL LXX before he replaced out) I don't recall a lot of nitpicking but I might need to refresh my memory, that game was in March. Ugh.

Does anyone else recall any notable rayn scum games where he was close to replicate town play?

First wave of reads:

On November 02 2015 18:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay i am gonna stop this conversation now as it's waste of time.

I think both of Superbia and Xatalos are town. I don't see any reason to think otherwise.
Artanis and sicklucker said nothing alignemnt indicative.
Rels and kitaman are suspicious. Rels because he is refusing to read people. kitaman because he is talking about setup which is a big no-no in this game unless you are scum and want to give advice to your teammates, like "this is something i would not recommend to do". And that's all he said, except for;
Show nested quote +
I'd say people stating that they are happy that they didn't roll mafia typically increases their chances of being mafia, though I don't know if that actually holds true.

So; "I think people who claim town are more likely to be scum, but i don't really know if that's true"
hmmm... what?!?!
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 06 2015 23:44 GMT
#1458
IDK Shockey try playing the game when you're dead tired on a Friday late night after work and stuff, my bet is you probably won't be thinking terribly clearly either. Last three days this is the only time I can play...

Onwards...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 11:41 GMT
#1550
On November 07 2015 18:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do people talk about stuff that never happened? Especially HtS.


I don't say things for the hell of it, rayn. Operative quotes.

On November 05 2015 07:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 07:47 Xatalos wrote:
Yeah, let's go with that. If SL appears worse by tomorrow, it can be turned over to Artanis anyway.

So the risk is really pretty small.

All the scum ppl dont want sl so he is a good pick.


On November 05 2015 10:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Fuck you are so town sl.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 11:43 GMT
#1552
I'm also of the mentality this game is almost lost especially if Shockey is somehow town. My getting disregarded for missions means town are starting 5v3 (instead of 6v3) so that's where that is coming from. If he actually is town then it's 4v3. Even with my assumption that we have a scum Shockey is correct, considering the first mission failure and general (not total) reluctance to include any of the people from the first mission, mathematically we're almost done, though discouraged at the moment I'm not going to give up yet.

I was in the middle of reading rayn's filter when I collapsed in bed. As for the points I raised on rayn, I am NOT scumreading rayn, but when the first mission fails I want to make sure that we don't blindly go with a xata/rayn team and then fail mission 2. rayn, I know from history you never take well to being scumread, but that's really all that was trying to achieve. Kita is saying my first two points don't make rayn mafia - that's fine - but I'd rather have some discussion on that then blindly stumbling into the next team.

People seem to be scumreading me either because they are not clear on how I am playing this game, or in the case of Rels if he is somehow town, not familiar with how Resistance works.

Kita or whoever asked me about why I voted SL - I was 60/40 on him, and I certainly would have voted him over say Rels.

Alright, lemme just plod along here and see what I can do.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 11:46 GMT
#1554
On November 07 2015 08:55 kitaman27 wrote:
HTS could you go over why you had a town read on SL again? What do you think about SL's reads on Xata and Superbia?

Also, if you prefered Xata/rayn/artanis over Xata/rayn/SL why not simply reject the nomination? You knew Aratanis was the next mission leader, right?


Eh, hold on I forgot this part, that was the part I didn't have time to attend to last night, even though I thought SL satisfactory answered my own question.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 11:48 GMT
#1555
On November 07 2015 20:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 02:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 05 2015 02:24 Xatalos wrote:
Hm... What's your opinion on the team while we're still both here, rayn? Is sicklucker the most likely to be town as the third option? Or do you think it's possible to locate the whole scumteam with enough accuracy at the moment for the other plan Personally I'm not that confident atm...

I would pick Superbia atm tbh. I think he's most likely to be town after you based on his latest posting.

Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 03:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why are you considering sicklucker over Artanis? Is there a reason for you to believe Artanis could be scum?

Also you have to understand that even if me and you think sicklucker is town that doesn't really mean anything if the rest of the people downvote the team. It's just a wasted effort.

I am considering Artanis (or even kita -- based on what he / if he responds to me before deadline) just because Rels cannot downvote the team, and regardless of his affiliation it is a good thing assuming Artanis is town.

Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 03:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 05 2015 03:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also you have to understand that even if me and you think sicklucker is town that doesn't really mean anything if the rest of the people downvote the team. It's just a wasted effort.

Like this is the main reason why i think HtS played really weirdly at the end of the first nomination.
She thinks both you and kita are town but she picks the person that is least likely to get yay-voted in the team.
It makes very little sense.

Like sure i could try to nominate sicklucker/Artanis/Superbia because i think they are all town. Does that team ever get picked? No. So why even do that?

You somehow just completely forgot about these posts right?


Last two days I had a grand total of 1 hour (maybe a little extra) to play this game - it's very likely I didn't even get a chance to read/refresh these posts.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 11:50 GMT
#1556
Honestly I need to go through Xatalos anyways and what Kita said regarding SL is probably indicative, although SL is difficult for me to follow as either alignment unless I ask him 20 questions so meh...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 12:03 GMT
#1559
Kita - at the moment, I think sicklucker upvoting the team (based on his read on Xatalos) looks to be suboptimal rather than spy play, but I'll take another look at your post.

On November 05 2015 09:43 sicklucker wrote:
like if xata picks the team i want (he did kinda) that proves to me i can probably trust him


On November 05 2015 09:45 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 09:10 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 04 2015 20:35 sicklucker wrote:
Its also not me being biased the chart says were the top 3 towns more or less as no one scum reads us. I know you town read artanis so from your pov if your town submitting that team makes sense.

No one understands the logic of putting yourself in the team better then me but you also need that team to pass and its only attempt 2 of 5 so people are still very picky like me. Also if the said mission passes it would make a likely town circle of 4 people rather then 3 im not totally sure the mechanics but that seems like a good spot to be in.


Hmmm somewhat dangerous sentiment if we might be collectively wrong on one player. Eh....could be reading too much into this.

But in post 917, he says he's going to veto any Xatalos (I assume he infers on the team Xatalos being on the team). So how does he know or realise - from his own POV - he wouldn't submit a scumbuddy and then goes to say that it's a "likely" town circle of 4 instead of 3 when it's possible (again I bring this point up from before) that someone who passes a first mission who is spy can always fail a subsequent mission later.

If he doesn't trust Xatalos on a team and then suggests Artanis wouldn't have the balls to fail it then he jumps to a likely town circle of 4 people....

....it's quite illogical.

Mafia motivated? Thoughts?


IF XATA puts up 3 towns and the mission passes without putting up himself. this like 100% proves hes town and thats why I suggested he do it. kinda annoyed he didnt do it but other things suggest hes town so ill go with it.

Xata town read all 3 of us so I was very curious if he would do it. its kind of suspect he didnt tbh but im town reading him on other things


On November 05 2015 09:46 sicklucker wrote:
like i would never put up a team that didnt include me so its hard to be mad at xata for it


On November 07 2015 11:09 sicklucker wrote:
and xata if you are the town here oyu realize when you say you want you and rayn on the next mission I have to suspect you. because from my pov I 100% know that mission wil fail. Like your willing to put rayn in the next mission even tho hes scum 50% of the time mathematically.

Like if your town your so stupid I dont want either of you on the next mission and theres no way you should.

Thats why xata is the scum here. HE WANTS RAYN ON THE MISSION

from xatas pov one of me or rayn is mafia. so rayn is mafia 50% of the time. and he wants rayn on the mission...

Like no one can have that good of a town read


The progression makes sense at least for the Xata read - need to review the Superbia read.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 12:04 GMT
#1560
On November 07 2015 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Like i literally can't understand the logic behind:
Before the mission result: "I think the team is all town but if it fails sicklucker is probably scum"
After the mission result: "Well NOW THAT THE MISSION FAILED time to re-evaluate all the three people"

It doesn't make any sense.


For the amount of games you've played on TL, it still surprises me you're completely oblivious to the fact that townies do illogical/suboptimal things from time to time.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 12:09 GMT
#1563
On November 07 2015 21:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 21:04 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 07 2015 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Like i literally can't understand the logic behind:
Before the mission result: "I think the team is all town but if it fails sicklucker is probably scum"
After the mission result: "Well NOW THAT THE MISSION FAILED time to re-evaluate all the three people"

It doesn't make any sense.


For the amount of games you've played on TL, it still surprises me you're completely oblivious to the fact that townies do illogical/suboptimal things from time to time.

So your explanation for doing illogical things is that "townies do illogical things"?


Not all the time, but I'm saying it happens, and looking at my filter it should be pretty damn obvious context-wise as to why I'm playing suboptimally. If you want to dismiss that, that's on you. Honestly if this were a lynch game, my getting lynched would tell you something just as what happened when the first two people in Drams got mislynched and you nearly went off the deep end - to use an example coolTLname being very new to our way of doing mafia.

Context, which you habitually disregard - no it doesn't make you mafia but this is just something that is characteristic of your gameplay in general.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 12:10 GMT
#1564
Not everyone sees (or is able to see) things the way you always do, that's really the point of that. Anyways, onward.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1300
ComeBackTV 553
SteadfastSC523
TaKeTV 409
LamboSC2287
IndyStarCraft 155
Rex142
EnkiAlexander 48
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 523
LamboSC2 287
IndyStarCraft 155
Rex 142
ProTech137
BRAT_OK 78
mouzHeroMarine 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40313
Shuttle 2310
Horang2 861
EffOrt 852
Light 777
Mini 680
Soma 414
Stork 406
firebathero 299
BeSt 298
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 292
ggaemo 268
Rush 243
Snow 208
ZerO 152
Leta 147
Pusan 78
hero 67
Sharp 67
sorry 60
Sea.KH 52
Killer 46
Shinee 39
Mong 36
Sexy 35
ToSsGirL 33
Terrorterran 24
Bale 24
Trap 23
Shine 21
soO 19
Free 16
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi1008
qojqva792
420jenkins164
Counter-Strike
fl0m903
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1959
crisheroes1221
XaKoH 202
MindelVK2
Other Games
singsing1980
B2W.Neo1060
Liquid`VortiX188
Hui .185
ArmadaUGS163
QueenE97
Mew2King89
Trikslyr34
ToD30
Railgan24
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• Gemini_19 14
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2444
• Jankos2369
• TFBlade1019
Other Games
• WagamamaTV196
• Shiphtur168
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 38m
Stellar Fest
21h 38m
OSC
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 18h
Online Event
1d 19h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.