• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:13
CEST 15:13
KST 22:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9175 users

Newbie Student Mafia VII - Page 94

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 125 Next
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 00:45 GMT
#1861
On April 12 2015 16:29 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2015 10:48 Stutters695 wrote:
On April 11 2015 08:39 jarjarbinks wrote:
Hmm The flip flop begins lol

So I previously wasn't a huge fan of Stutters so far. I'm changing my mind.

Sure, Onegu voted Breshke before. There wasn't too much traction on him before that IMO. He made a case and it looked like he thought it was pretty good. It seems like he has been scumhunting around since then.

I expect him to show his "top four" and his reads besides Breshke. But he did just get in the game. I don't see him as lynchable right now at all.


Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. Was really hoping it'd be a newbie to see their reaction, but can't win them all.

Ace: obv policy lynch, nothing more. I'm less confident in seeing an increase in posting from him if we give him time, do he's my fall back if I can't get my main lynch going.

Currently I still want Breshke's head. I'm not sure how to vocalize it exactly, but he just feels off.

I still see plenty of scum mindset behind his actions and skimming his past 4 (2 scum, 2 town) games day 1 hasn't put me at ease. His play so far doesn't match either meta really. As town he has much more focus in his posts. He might change his mind, but if he saw something he didn't like (my post for example) he would challenge it until he's satisfied, not brush it off. There is also a distinct lack of interaction with the people he suspects.

His scum meta does seem to withhold reads until later, but after dying n1 and n2, I can see why he would attempt to change that. He's currently who I want to lynch.

The other two I'm really interested in are prpl and plot, but I haven't had the time to really get into them yet.

Can you rephrase that question about interactions with Onegu? If you mean us playing together, we have, but nothing notable from memory.


This post stands out to me regarding Stutters. From what I've read so far and the filters I've dove, I've got a few preliminary reads that I'd be more than willing to explain after this.

The way he mentions Ace as a "fallback" lynch just doesn't feel right. It's more of a tone read and I'm aware Ace hadn't done much before being replaced but writing off a newbie because you don't feel he'll increase in posting on D1 doesn't feel right. And I have Breshke as a town lean so naturally, it raises questions that he'd want to lynch him.

He also mentions being suspicious of plot(flipped VT) and prpl. So that's 2 town and a town lean he'd be willing to lynch, before ultimately(and effortlessly) sheeping onto plot over his poor EoD antics.

I've yet to read prpl and there's a lot more than that for me to read as well, but I'll continue trying to catch up and answer as best I can.


he clearly was scumreading him at one point...in fact he was shining's first scumread. it jives :/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 00:47 GMT
#1862
On April 16 2015 09:44 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:41 Breshke wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:40 rsoultin wrote:
On April 15 2015 04:26 The Shining wrote:
On April 15 2015 04:19 rsoultin wrote:
meh i don't really know what prp is doing this day phase :/ i don't mind his EoD behavior except AFKing the lynch. like basically all of day 1 still looks good to me with that exception?

but then there's just the blah where he doesn't seem to have much of an opinion about today's lynch at all. like it almost seems like he's got the lynch down to between bourneq and tbd and is using townreading tbd as an excuse to lynch bourne, when there's tons more players in this game and 3 scum besides -_-

i dunnae. i'd lynch him before players like jjb, hts and truffle at this point (and prob bresh though he's on my list to look at too right now lol ><) but his day 1 makes me hesitant

i don't see this "overwhelmed" townie argument stutters >< he's had over 72 hours to get caught up, and his own excuse was just basically he didn't want to play lol >< at least as i understood it

and that's okay?


Meh I don't like hiding behind excuses. But to be more accurate, I didn't have time to play because fun things kept coming up during my days off that I couldn't say no to. I'm here right now and I'm at work on my phone posting.

And this is my first time replacing. I am slightly overwhelmed. But I am trying here. And I'm telling you, boldly, that lynching me is a huge mistake for town.


Thankyou i could logically understand this


I was also set to be lynched at one point and said town would feel stupid as fuck when I flipped. I was leading votes at the time. I mean, you don't have to believe me.

I claimed because I am the vigi and I threw this game. Town is probably mad as hell at me and I understand why. At least this way I don't drag it out and Fuck us any harder than I already have.


No you don't egt to give up if you are actually the town vigi which i still highly doubt. Why did you shoot stutters for "breadcrumbing blue" when you scumread me for pressuring him about that post. Also why would you shoot him for that reason when he could have been the vet or medic (its deffs vet there no way its medic)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 00:50 GMT
#1863
On April 16 2015 09:45 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2015 16:29 The Shining wrote:
On April 11 2015 10:48 Stutters695 wrote:
On April 11 2015 08:39 jarjarbinks wrote:
Hmm The flip flop begins lol

So I previously wasn't a huge fan of Stutters so far. I'm changing my mind.

Sure, Onegu voted Breshke before. There wasn't too much traction on him before that IMO. He made a case and it looked like he thought it was pretty good. It seems like he has been scumhunting around since then.

I expect him to show his "top four" and his reads besides Breshke. But he did just get in the game. I don't see him as lynchable right now at all.


Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. Was really hoping it'd be a newbie to see their reaction, but can't win them all.

Ace: obv policy lynch, nothing more. I'm less confident in seeing an increase in posting from him if we give him time, do he's my fall back if I can't get my main lynch going.

Currently I still want Breshke's head. I'm not sure how to vocalize it exactly, but he just feels off.

I still see plenty of scum mindset behind his actions and skimming his past 4 (2 scum, 2 town) games day 1 hasn't put me at ease. His play so far doesn't match either meta really. As town he has much more focus in his posts. He might change his mind, but if he saw something he didn't like (my post for example) he would challenge it until he's satisfied, not brush it off. There is also a distinct lack of interaction with the people he suspects.

His scum meta does seem to withhold reads until later, but after dying n1 and n2, I can see why he would attempt to change that. He's currently who I want to lynch.

The other two I'm really interested in are prpl and plot, but I haven't had the time to really get into them yet.

Can you rephrase that question about interactions with Onegu? If you mean us playing together, we have, but nothing notable from memory.


This post stands out to me regarding Stutters. From what I've read so far and the filters I've dove, I've got a few preliminary reads that I'd be more than willing to explain after this.

The way he mentions Ace as a "fallback" lynch just doesn't feel right. It's more of a tone read and I'm aware Ace hadn't done much before being replaced but writing off a newbie because you don't feel he'll increase in posting on D1 doesn't feel right. And I have Breshke as a town lean so naturally, it raises questions that he'd want to lynch him.

He also mentions being suspicious of plot(flipped VT) and prpl. So that's 2 town and a town lean he'd be willing to lynch, before ultimately(and effortlessly) sheeping onto plot over his poor EoD antics.

I've yet to read prpl and there's a lot more than that for me to read as well, but I'll continue trying to catch up and answer as best I can.


he clearly was scumreading him at one point...in fact he was shining's first scumread. it jives :/


So the bolded obviously wouldnt have been applicable anymore. And a large part of that scumread is seemingly because he has been wrong which you yourself said isnt alignment indicative.

I know you didnt quote this saying you agree with it but im saying this read is so old and outdated that there is no way he shoots stutters over me.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 00:52 GMT
#1864
On April 16 2015 09:50 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:45 rsoultin wrote:
On April 12 2015 16:29 The Shining wrote:
On April 11 2015 10:48 Stutters695 wrote:
On April 11 2015 08:39 jarjarbinks wrote:
Hmm The flip flop begins lol

So I previously wasn't a huge fan of Stutters so far. I'm changing my mind.

Sure, Onegu voted Breshke before. There wasn't too much traction on him before that IMO. He made a case and it looked like he thought it was pretty good. It seems like he has been scumhunting around since then.

I expect him to show his "top four" and his reads besides Breshke. But he did just get in the game. I don't see him as lynchable right now at all.


Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. Was really hoping it'd be a newbie to see their reaction, but can't win them all.

Ace: obv policy lynch, nothing more. I'm less confident in seeing an increase in posting from him if we give him time, do he's my fall back if I can't get my main lynch going.

Currently I still want Breshke's head. I'm not sure how to vocalize it exactly, but he just feels off.

I still see plenty of scum mindset behind his actions and skimming his past 4 (2 scum, 2 town) games day 1 hasn't put me at ease. His play so far doesn't match either meta really. As town he has much more focus in his posts. He might change his mind, but if he saw something he didn't like (my post for example) he would challenge it until he's satisfied, not brush it off. There is also a distinct lack of interaction with the people he suspects.

His scum meta does seem to withhold reads until later, but after dying n1 and n2, I can see why he would attempt to change that. He's currently who I want to lynch.

The other two I'm really interested in are prpl and plot, but I haven't had the time to really get into them yet.

Can you rephrase that question about interactions with Onegu? If you mean us playing together, we have, but nothing notable from memory.


This post stands out to me regarding Stutters. From what I've read so far and the filters I've dove, I've got a few preliminary reads that I'd be more than willing to explain after this.

The way he mentions Ace as a "fallback" lynch just doesn't feel right. It's more of a tone read and I'm aware Ace hadn't done much before being replaced but writing off a newbie because you don't feel he'll increase in posting on D1 doesn't feel right. And I have Breshke as a town lean so naturally, it raises questions that he'd want to lynch him.

He also mentions being suspicious of plot(flipped VT) and prpl. So that's 2 town and a town lean he'd be willing to lynch, before ultimately(and effortlessly) sheeping onto plot over his poor EoD antics.

I've yet to read prpl and there's a lot more than that for me to read as well, but I'll continue trying to catch up and answer as best I can.


he clearly was scumreading him at one point...in fact he was shining's first scumread. it jives :/


So the bolded obviously wouldnt have been applicable anymore. And a large part of that scumread is seemingly because he has been wrong which you yourself said isnt alignment indicative.

I know you didnt quote this saying you agree with it but im saying this read is so old and outdated that there is no way he shoots stutters over me.


lol >< the only thing that isn't valid anymore is the townlean on you
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 00:56 GMT
#1865
i have never, in any game, had to implore you to read this much, breshke ><

the main thrust was not the wanting to vote for townreads/townleans, it was how shit the reasoning behind those votes was, and that opinion is just as true today as it was the day those were posted

where did your objectivity go? the only way i can call this town behavior is if you've got an extreme case of confirmation bias, which is not a flaw i normally associate with you ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 00:59 GMT
#1866
On April 16 2015 09:52 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:50 Breshke wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:45 rsoultin wrote:
On April 12 2015 16:29 The Shining wrote:
On April 11 2015 10:48 Stutters695 wrote:
On April 11 2015 08:39 jarjarbinks wrote:
Hmm The flip flop begins lol

So I previously wasn't a huge fan of Stutters so far. I'm changing my mind.

Sure, Onegu voted Breshke before. There wasn't too much traction on him before that IMO. He made a case and it looked like he thought it was pretty good. It seems like he has been scumhunting around since then.

I expect him to show his "top four" and his reads besides Breshke. But he did just get in the game. I don't see him as lynchable right now at all.


Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. Was really hoping it'd be a newbie to see their reaction, but can't win them all.

Ace: obv policy lynch, nothing more. I'm less confident in seeing an increase in posting from him if we give him time, do he's my fall back if I can't get my main lynch going.

Currently I still want Breshke's head. I'm not sure how to vocalize it exactly, but he just feels off.

I still see plenty of scum mindset behind his actions and skimming his past 4 (2 scum, 2 town) games day 1 hasn't put me at ease. His play so far doesn't match either meta really. As town he has much more focus in his posts. He might change his mind, but if he saw something he didn't like (my post for example) he would challenge it until he's satisfied, not brush it off. There is also a distinct lack of interaction with the people he suspects.

His scum meta does seem to withhold reads until later, but after dying n1 and n2, I can see why he would attempt to change that. He's currently who I want to lynch.

The other two I'm really interested in are prpl and plot, but I haven't had the time to really get into them yet.

Can you rephrase that question about interactions with Onegu? If you mean us playing together, we have, but nothing notable from memory.


This post stands out to me regarding Stutters. From what I've read so far and the filters I've dove, I've got a few preliminary reads that I'd be more than willing to explain after this.

The way he mentions Ace as a "fallback" lynch just doesn't feel right. It's more of a tone read and I'm aware Ace hadn't done much before being replaced but writing off a newbie because you don't feel he'll increase in posting on D1 doesn't feel right. And I have Breshke as a town lean so naturally, it raises questions that he'd want to lynch him.

He also mentions being suspicious of plot(flipped VT) and prpl. So that's 2 town and a town lean he'd be willing to lynch, before ultimately(and effortlessly) sheeping onto plot over his poor EoD antics.

I've yet to read prpl and there's a lot more than that for me to read as well, but I'll continue trying to catch up and answer as best I can.


he clearly was scumreading him at one point...in fact he was shining's first scumread. it jives :/


So the bolded obviously wouldnt have been applicable anymore. And a large part of that scumread is seemingly because he has been wrong which you yourself said isnt alignment indicative.

I know you didnt quote this saying you agree with it but im saying this read is so old and outdated that there is no way he shoots stutters over me.


lol >< the only thing that isn't valid anymore is the townlean on you


Ehh basically the only things in this read are the fallback lynch and that she sheeped his vote onto plot. The other stuff has nothing to do with alignment.

On April 16 2015 09:39 The Shining wrote:
Because I wanted to shoot him N1. I didn't get into the game in time to feel right about it. I had a gut feeling about him all game and D2 didn't feel that much better. I also noticed what Breshke did about him bread crumbing blue but his exact statement was that we'd see why he was town D2. So I shot him.

I left you because I felt I could get support for your lynch, especially after D2/N2. I honestly thought I was nailing two scum here.

Again I've never played vig before and replacing has been an experience for me.


Also another thing with this reasoning. If shining is the cop or vigi i dont really see the logic behind giving stutters a day pass for saying this. Him saying this to me ment he was vigi or cop because those roles could claim the next day confirming themselves. So why doesn't shining think stutters could be the medic or vet and didnt egt a save and didnt get shot.

So basically he is saying he shot shining because he had an early scum read on him and because he bread crumbed a role (which i have shown to be bullshit)

Also saying he didnt shoot me because he thought he could get people to lynch me today seems so absurd if you couple it with his lack of confidence saying he is a newbie and replaced in.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 01:01 GMT
#1867
On April 15 2015 04:16 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2015 03:05 Half the Sky wrote:
Shining, you are saying Stutters is only "marginally" better.
Do you mean activity? Because after D2 he picked it up. Can you clarify that?


Yes. And now that I'm fully caught up, I agree. Stutters has stepped it up. He went from marginally better to significantly better. Especially with a post like this. It shows he is thinking about the game critically. I can't lynch him today.

Show nested quote +
On April 15 2015 02:38 Stutters695 wrote:
On April 15 2015 01:15 Trfel wrote:
On April 15 2015 00:42 Half the Sky wrote:
Rasputin, so you can understand me a bit better, this is the quote I take issue with:

On April 14 2015 12:53 Trfel wrote:
I'm pretty confident that prplhz is town here. I've read Stutters695's arguments (or at least, the posts that I believe he is referring to) and I don't find them to be all that convincing.

He's being forceful, active, and his reads have generally been good. I don't normally see all three of these traits at once from a town prplhz, so I doubt even more that he would play like this as mafia.

I can demonstrate this if necessary, but at this time I don't think that it is necessary. And prplhz can speak for himself.


I'm doublechecking 1) how forceful he was and 2) the bases for his reads.

When you three voted me D2, you I know believed your case against me, like your tone felt genuine, but I recall prplhz being like "I can roll with that" or something similar when he followed with his vote, so I'm backtracking to see how he progressed on other people.

The other thing that doesn't add up for me is that he was hard defending Dwarf but openly telling him to be more useful. I'm sure I recall that somewhere. That just felt strange to me.
It's relative....

Someone like Holyflare is probably the most aggressive. He'll see one post and hard push that player with apparent 100% confidence. Prplhz isn't a player like that. From reading the thread, the impression that I got was that prplhz was leading and driving things along for most of Day 1. His exact tone and wording isn't always very forceful, but when you look at the ideas that he presents, you can see it.

For example, here is the way he treated the vote switch to Stutters695 on Day 1. Most people consider this progression suspicious.
On April 12 2015 04:37 prplhz wrote:
okay i tentatively don't want to lynch plotspot anyway lol

can we lynch soren or stutters?
Here is the first post he makes. I believe that he is the first player to suggest leaving the plotspot lynch (I'm not going to go back tons of pages to double check, but he is at least one of the first). At this point, the vote count was very heavily in favor of lynching plotspot (7 on plotspot, 0 on Stutters695). I know that the way he phrases it is a request, but this also makes some sense, since without the support of others he can't actually change the lynch. At this time, Half the Sky is the only person in the thread, and she refuses to switch, so prplhz drops it.
Prplhz also posts his explanation for why he would prefer to lynch Stutters695 over plotspot, and the way he arrived at this read feels towny enough (though that's an issue for another day).

At this point, I would be suspicious of prplhz. Asking one person to switch and then not doing anything when they don't switch isn't very impressive (still something town does all the time, but isn't a very good play). But then Tubesock comes back, and says that he doesn't want to lynch plotspot. Prplhz immediately jumps and asks him who he wants to lynch.
On April 12 2015 05:03 prplhz wrote:
okay tube who do we lynch then?
Prplhz seems to be more interested in not lynching plotspot than lynching a specific player, and that's fine. Still, despite asking who Tubesock wanted to lynch (Tubesock initially said TheBloodyDwarf), prplhz still argues for a Stutters695 lynch. Then Tubesock shows desire to talk about plotspot and Stutters695, as well as a lack of confidence in lynching plotspot, so it can be assumed that he is willing to lynch Stutters695. And Half the Sky rereads Stutters695's filter, and said that she understands why he is scummy (implying willingness to lynch him). Prplhz immediately switches his vote, the first one to do so.

Prplhz isn't posting huge walls of text or screaming with all caps, but he clearly made a decision and put effort into getting people's attention and making them listen to him. In some of his posts, his tone felt very wishy-washy, however if you look at the consistency of his play, and the context for when he said what he said, he's actually very solid in his decision. Despite the way he asked players to switch votes and seemed willing to follow them wherever, that isn't what he did, and it's obvious that prplhz was leading the thread through this period.

Were plotspot scum, I could see an argument being made for prplhz being scum because of these actions. However, with a flipped plotspot, these actions aren't inherently scummy, and I feel that they are consistent with the rest of prplhz's play in this game.

This is one example, but I feel that prplhz played a leading role throughout Day 1. I'm used to prplhz playing a more reserved role; while he always participates in the thread, this is the first time I have seen him consistently leading. And that's why he is a confident townread.


While I understand where you're coming from, the part in green I absolutely disagree about. It can be fine, but again prpl didn't care about it being me getting lynched. He ignored my reasoning for voting plot, which was a direct response to his question. If you're going to try and honestly lynch scum, you'd think he'd respond to that in sone fashion. You'd also think he would try to stick around for the deadline but he wasn't really concerned with who got lynched. If plot dies, he's gets credit for the town read and switching before and if I die, it's a simple "well he posted so little I thought he was a good lynch"

You don't start a counter wagon so close to the deadline then go afk if he really believed plot was town. He didn't really care about saving him, he didn't really care who got lynched d1 and he certainly doesn't care who gets lynched today. That's not town.



Also I'm phone posting from work so bare with me.


-_- or i'm wrong entirely

this suggests you at least weren't as sure of your scumread as before shining ><

and breshke is right about the breadcrumbing post as well...why would that bother you from breshke if you were scumreading the guy doing it?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 01:02 GMT
#1868
On April 16 2015 09:56 rsoultin wrote:
i have never, in any game, had to implore you to read this much, breshke ><

the main thrust was not the wanting to vote for townreads/townleans, it was how shit the reasoning behind those votes was, and that opinion is just as true today as it was the day those were posted

where did your objectivity go? the only way i can call this town behavior is if you've got an extreme case of confirmation bias, which is not a flaw i normally associate with you ><


No because im so sure that he would shoot me in that situation. If your town i apologize i can see how id be annoying as fuck right now but I just took a risky as fuck play and i feel like it payed off and im excited.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 01:03 GMT
#1869
##Unvote
##Vote Theshining
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 01:03 GMT
#1870
On April 16 2015 09:59 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:52 rsoultin wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:50 Breshke wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:45 rsoultin wrote:
On April 12 2015 16:29 The Shining wrote:
On April 11 2015 10:48 Stutters695 wrote:
On April 11 2015 08:39 jarjarbinks wrote:
Hmm The flip flop begins lol

So I previously wasn't a huge fan of Stutters so far. I'm changing my mind.

Sure, Onegu voted Breshke before. There wasn't too much traction on him before that IMO. He made a case and it looked like he thought it was pretty good. It seems like he has been scumhunting around since then.

I expect him to show his "top four" and his reads besides Breshke. But he did just get in the game. I don't see him as lynchable right now at all.


Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. Was really hoping it'd be a newbie to see their reaction, but can't win them all.

Ace: obv policy lynch, nothing more. I'm less confident in seeing an increase in posting from him if we give him time, do he's my fall back if I can't get my main lynch going.

Currently I still want Breshke's head. I'm not sure how to vocalize it exactly, but he just feels off.

I still see plenty of scum mindset behind his actions and skimming his past 4 (2 scum, 2 town) games day 1 hasn't put me at ease. His play so far doesn't match either meta really. As town he has much more focus in his posts. He might change his mind, but if he saw something he didn't like (my post for example) he would challenge it until he's satisfied, not brush it off. There is also a distinct lack of interaction with the people he suspects.

His scum meta does seem to withhold reads until later, but after dying n1 and n2, I can see why he would attempt to change that. He's currently who I want to lynch.

The other two I'm really interested in are prpl and plot, but I haven't had the time to really get into them yet.

Can you rephrase that question about interactions with Onegu? If you mean us playing together, we have, but nothing notable from memory.


This post stands out to me regarding Stutters. From what I've read so far and the filters I've dove, I've got a few preliminary reads that I'd be more than willing to explain after this.

The way he mentions Ace as a "fallback" lynch just doesn't feel right. It's more of a tone read and I'm aware Ace hadn't done much before being replaced but writing off a newbie because you don't feel he'll increase in posting on D1 doesn't feel right. And I have Breshke as a town lean so naturally, it raises questions that he'd want to lynch him.

He also mentions being suspicious of plot(flipped VT) and prpl. So that's 2 town and a town lean he'd be willing to lynch, before ultimately(and effortlessly) sheeping onto plot over his poor EoD antics.

I've yet to read prpl and there's a lot more than that for me to read as well, but I'll continue trying to catch up and answer as best I can.


he clearly was scumreading him at one point...in fact he was shining's first scumread. it jives :/


So the bolded obviously wouldnt have been applicable anymore. And a large part of that scumread is seemingly because he has been wrong which you yourself said isnt alignment indicative.

I know you didnt quote this saying you agree with it but im saying this read is so old and outdated that there is no way he shoots stutters over me.


lol >< the only thing that isn't valid anymore is the townlean on you


Ehh basically the only things in this read are the fallback lynch and that she sheeped his vote onto plot. The other stuff has nothing to do with alignment.

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:39 The Shining wrote:
Because I wanted to shoot him N1. I didn't get into the game in time to feel right about it. I had a gut feeling about him all game and D2 didn't feel that much better. I also noticed what Breshke did about him bread crumbing blue but his exact statement was that we'd see why he was town D2. So I shot him.

I left you because I felt I could get support for your lynch, especially after D2/N2. I honestly thought I was nailing two scum here.

Again I've never played vig before and replacing has been an experience for me.


Also another thing with this reasoning. If shining is the cop or vigi i dont really see the logic behind giving stutters a day pass for saying this. Him saying this to me ment he was vigi or cop because those roles could claim the next day confirming themselves. So why doesn't shining think stutters could be the medic or vet and didnt egt a save and didnt get shot.

So basically he is saying he shot shining because he had an early scum read on him and because he bread crumbed a role (which i have shown to be bullshit)

Also saying he didnt shoot me because he thought he could get people to lynch me today seems so absurd if you couple it with his lack of confidence saying he is a newbie and replaced in.


lol >< true

vigilante and cop are the only roles that make sense as day 2 claims, and when we get right down to it, vigilante is the only real role that makes sense as a claim

that should make you more certain he's scum, not less -_-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
April 16 2015 01:04 GMT
#1871
##Vote: Breshke

I think I have this game solved. I need time to double check.

Prp, Rso, Shining all town. I absolutely believe Shining.

Who thinks Rsoultin was a NK risk? I didn't and I have a huge mafia skill crush on her. I didn't think HTS would be either I thought Stutters, Trfel, or Breshke. I didn't do a legacy either as I'd think scum would be dumb to shoot me over those three. HTS died cause she was on to something or the biggest risk.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 01:07 GMT
#1872
On April 16 2015 10:04 Tubesock wrote:
##Vote: Breshke

I think I have this game solved. I need time to double check.

Prp, Rso, Shining all town. I absolutely believe Shining.

Who thinks Rsoultin was a NK risk? I didn't and I have a huge mafia skill crush on her. I didn't think HTS would be either I thought Stutters, Trfel, or Breshke. I didn't do a legacy either as I'd think scum would be dumb to shoot me over those three. HTS died cause she was on to something or the biggest risk.


I dont do wills either. Im not saying its scummy to do wills. I was saying its scummy for rso not to do wills.

Why are you so believing of shining? Have you seen his reason for shooting stutters. Tell me how it makes sense?
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 01:07 GMT
#1873
i want shining to explain his reasoning on the stutters shot in full ><

rechecking the OP, there can't be a cop and a vig in the same game, so believing stutters at all makes no fucking sense
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 01:10 GMT
#1874
^^

back to the brilliant breshke metaread lol >< when i've demonstrably done a will this game the first night and not done them in some nights in my recent towngames

-golf claps-

i am getting so sick and tired of people thinking they can metaread me >< and of metareads that has to be one of the shittiest. at least try something i can't defend against lol "she's too passive, therefore, scum!" - marv, XXX "she didn't post within the first two minutes!" - LS, aperture

blah -_-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 01:12 GMT
#1875
On April 16 2015 10:10 rsoultin wrote:
^^

back to the brilliant breshke metaread lol >< when i've demonstrably done a will this game the first night and not done them in some nights in my recent towngames

-golf claps-

i am getting so sick and tired of people thinking they can metaread me >< and of metareads that has to be one of the shittiest. at least try something i can't defend against lol "she's too passive, therefore, scum!" - marv, XXX "she didn't post within the first two minutes!" - LS, aperture

blah -_-


No im not pushing that read im explaining to tube the read because he seemed to think i meant no will = mafia.

The fact that your diving the shining and finding his reads on stutters makes me actually weaver on you a shit ton.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 16 2015 01:12 GMT
#1876
On April 16 2015 09:47 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:44 The Shining wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:41 Breshke wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:40 rsoultin wrote:
On April 15 2015 04:26 The Shining wrote:
On April 15 2015 04:19 rsoultin wrote:
meh i don't really know what prp is doing this day phase :/ i don't mind his EoD behavior except AFKing the lynch. like basically all of day 1 still looks good to me with that exception?

but then there's just the blah where he doesn't seem to have much of an opinion about today's lynch at all. like it almost seems like he's got the lynch down to between bourneq and tbd and is using townreading tbd as an excuse to lynch bourne, when there's tons more players in this game and 3 scum besides -_-

i dunnae. i'd lynch him before players like jjb, hts and truffle at this point (and prob bresh though he's on my list to look at too right now lol ><) but his day 1 makes me hesitant

i don't see this "overwhelmed" townie argument stutters >< he's had over 72 hours to get caught up, and his own excuse was just basically he didn't want to play lol >< at least as i understood it

and that's okay?


Meh I don't like hiding behind excuses. But to be more accurate, I didn't have time to play because fun things kept coming up during my days off that I couldn't say no to. I'm here right now and I'm at work on my phone posting.

And this is my first time replacing. I am slightly overwhelmed. But I am trying here. And I'm telling you, boldly, that lynching me is a huge mistake for town.


Thankyou i could logically understand this


I was also set to be lynched at one point and said town would feel stupid as fuck when I flipped. I was leading votes at the time. I mean, you don't have to believe me.

I claimed because I am the vigi and I threw this game. Town is probably mad as hell at me and I understand why. At least this way I don't drag it out and Fuck us any harder than I already have.


No you don't egt to give up if you are actually the town vigi which i still highly doubt. Why did you shoot stutters for "breadcrumbing blue" when you scumread me for pressuring him about that post. Also why would you shoot him for that reason when he could have been the vet or medic (its deffs vet there no way its medic)


But I do. I still think you'll flip scum. I'm still voting you. If you don't, gg. If you do, I die tonight and my game is over. I'm fine with that. I'm already done with this one, due in large part to how badly I played.

And since I'm alrdy getting flamed in Obs, I'm sure, I'll add fuel to the fire saying this: you were blue fishing there. I wasn't looking for him to claim. I was looking for him to cash in on that promise of me seeing why he was town. I didn't see it so I shot.

You were a town lean at one point for me. Stutters was a scum read that I said had "significantly better" activity and couldn't be lynched D2. I was torn between you two. I saw scum in both of you at different points. I decided to trust my original gut instinct from D1.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 01:14 GMT
#1877
ohohoh

my favorite!

"she's acting as the mediator!" - Damdred, XXX

"she's not acting as a mediator!" - Damdred, later
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 01:15 GMT
#1878
It i actually worrying because i was hoping trefel or tube were the vigi because then people wouldnt try to push the world where i got a partner to CC.

On April 16 2015 10:04 Tubesock wrote:
##Vote: Breshke

I think I have this game solved. I need time to double check.

Prp, Rso, Shining all town. I absolutely believe Shining.

Who thinks Rsoultin was a NK risk? I didn't and I have a huge mafia skill crush on her. I didn't think HTS would be either I thought Stutters, Trfel, or Breshke. I didn't do a legacy either as I'd think scum would be dumb to shoot me over those three. HTS died cause she was on to something or the biggest risk.


I dont get how tube believes shining so quick without adressing the fact of why he shot stutters. Also youd think that fact that the shining wants to lynch one of his town reads you would think he would take pause and talk to him about that before believing him straight away
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
April 16 2015 01:16 GMT
#1879
On April 16 2015 10:07 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 10:04 Tubesock wrote:
##Vote: Breshke

I think I have this game solved. I need time to double check.

Prp, Rso, Shining all town. I absolutely believe Shining.

Who thinks Rsoultin was a NK risk? I didn't and I have a huge mafia skill crush on her. I didn't think HTS would be either I thought Stutters, Trfel, or Breshke. I didn't do a legacy either as I'd think scum would be dumb to shoot me over those three. HTS died cause she was on to something or the biggest risk.


I dont do wills either. Im not saying its scummy to do wills. I was saying its scummy for rso not to do wills.

Why are you so believing of shining? Have you seen his reason for shooting stutters. Tell me how it makes sense?


Ok, I may eat my words later if Shining gets CC'd but I think the scenario where he doesn't shoot D1 can be explained by lack of confidence in D1 reads. I think that too he thought D3 he was up for a mlynch or that town had high risk for it. If he waited till N3 it would be too late. I'll look back on his read.

There are some other things that I'm considering that fit the world I'm seeing. I was confused with your Prp hammer but was giving you excuses. And this fakeclaim play is so bad. I think you see that you can sweep town and are going for the big play now.

I understand Prplhz's reasons for foregoing the no lynch. He thinks he has it solved (he's wrong). But you don't have the game solved so I don't like your reasons to skip no lynch at all. No fucking way. It's such bad play. But you want to end this because you are mafia.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 01:18 GMT
#1880
On April 16 2015 10:12 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 09:47 Breshke wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:44 The Shining wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:41 Breshke wrote:
On April 16 2015 09:40 rsoultin wrote:
On April 15 2015 04:26 The Shining wrote:
On April 15 2015 04:19 rsoultin wrote:
meh i don't really know what prp is doing this day phase :/ i don't mind his EoD behavior except AFKing the lynch. like basically all of day 1 still looks good to me with that exception?

but then there's just the blah where he doesn't seem to have much of an opinion about today's lynch at all. like it almost seems like he's got the lynch down to between bourneq and tbd and is using townreading tbd as an excuse to lynch bourne, when there's tons more players in this game and 3 scum besides -_-

i dunnae. i'd lynch him before players like jjb, hts and truffle at this point (and prob bresh though he's on my list to look at too right now lol ><) but his day 1 makes me hesitant

i don't see this "overwhelmed" townie argument stutters >< he's had over 72 hours to get caught up, and his own excuse was just basically he didn't want to play lol >< at least as i understood it

and that's okay?


Meh I don't like hiding behind excuses. But to be more accurate, I didn't have time to play because fun things kept coming up during my days off that I couldn't say no to. I'm here right now and I'm at work on my phone posting.

And this is my first time replacing. I am slightly overwhelmed. But I am trying here. And I'm telling you, boldly, that lynching me is a huge mistake for town.


Thankyou i could logically understand this


I was also set to be lynched at one point and said town would feel stupid as fuck when I flipped. I was leading votes at the time. I mean, you don't have to believe me.

I claimed because I am the vigi and I threw this game. Town is probably mad as hell at me and I understand why. At least this way I don't drag it out and Fuck us any harder than I already have.


No you don't egt to give up if you are actually the town vigi which i still highly doubt. Why did you shoot stutters for "breadcrumbing blue" when you scumread me for pressuring him about that post. Also why would you shoot him for that reason when he could have been the vet or medic (its deffs vet there no way its medic)


But I do. I still think you'll flip scum. I'm still voting you. If you don't, gg. If you do, I die tonight and my game is over. I'm fine with that. I'm already done with this one, due in large part to how badly I played.

And since I'm alrdy getting flamed in Obs, I'm sure, I'll add fuel to the fire saying this: you were blue fishing there. I wasn't looking for him to claim. I was looking for him to cash in on that promise of me seeing why he was town. I didn't see it so I shot.

You were a town lean at one point for me. Stutters was a scum read that I said had "significantly better" activity and couldn't be lynched D2. I was torn between you two. I saw scum in both of you at different points. I decided to trust my original gut instinct from D1.


I dont buy this seriously if you are vigi and you did shoot stutters who cares noone can flame you we have miss lynched twice everyone's obviously hasnt been doing the best.

Can you explain how you thought he would prove himself to be town D2 if you thought he was bread crumbing a role?
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 125 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1086
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings188
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48826
Shuttle 9669
FanTaSy 1462
Hyuk 916
Horang2 478
BeSt 378
EffOrt 240
Pusan 205
Last 188
Soma 135
[ Show more ]
Zeus 129
Mind 106
Hyun 83
hero 73
ggaemo 68
Killer 66
Snow 54
Hm[arnc] 43
PianO 35
ToSsGirL 33
Sexy 32
Aegong 29
Bale 27
JYJ 18
zelot 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 8
Rock 7
Noble 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
qojqva1475
Dendi1140
Gorgc951
XcaliburYe326
Counter-Strike
fl0m2649
x6flipin318
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu493
Khaldor295
Other Games
gofns38047
B2W.Neo979
byalli636
Beastyqt383
Livibee182
Hui .172
Mlord118
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2427
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 48m
Replay Cast
9h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.