• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:54
CEST 22:54
KST 05:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6959 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 25 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:50 GMT
#6546
On March 25 2015 14:46 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 14:44 ritoky wrote:
oh look he rescinded his mason claim, saw that coming.

my gut response is to just lynch onegu cuz fuck your fake claim BS, but i feel like i need to resist that urge and actually read the following responses



Like how did a fake mason claim hurt town if I'm town, and how is it smart as scum. Therefor it's not BS.
It doesn't hurt town all that much if you're smart about it. As scum, it potentially keeps you alive for longer, and I could see scum risking claiming mason with a scumbuddy (yes, I'm still suspicious of raynpelikoneet/ritoky).

I think you ought to be read independent of your claim. And I don't see much that suggests you are town, though I haven't taken a close look yet.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 06:03 GMT
#6557
On March 25 2015 14:55 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 14:50 Trfel wrote:
On March 25 2015 14:46 Onegu wrote:
On March 25 2015 14:44 ritoky wrote:
oh look he rescinded his mason claim, saw that coming.

my gut response is to just lynch onegu cuz fuck your fake claim BS, but i feel like i need to resist that urge and actually read the following responses



Like how did a fake mason claim hurt town if I'm town, and how is it smart as scum. Therefor it's not BS.
It doesn't hurt town all that much if you're smart about it. As scum, it potentially keeps you alive for longer, and I could see scum risking claiming mason with a scumbuddy (yes, I'm still suspicious of raynpelikoneet/ritoky).

I think you ought to be read independent of your claim. And I don't see much that suggests you are town, though I haven't taken a close look yet.



See this is fine. But If I am scum with Rayn why wouldn't Rayn confirm? I have already said this and you can check I have rolled mafia and mason with Rayn and I don't do anything without letting Rayn know and ok it.
I know you say that, but it seems like a very reasonable thing to happen in my opinion. And I can't take your word for it, for obvious reasons.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 06:18 GMT
#6564
See, I can't really scumread for inactivity this game. It's a huge commitment to keep up, and I can easily see townies not being able to do so. So Alakaslam just feels like a policy lynch.

Rsoultin had a very good metric for reading Alakaslam, and it worked in Down Under 2. Boring Alakaslam is scum, interesting and creative Alakaslam is town.

This game, we see Alakaslam with an evolving, and interesting scumread of Holyflare.

I am not inclined to lynch him?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 06:37 GMT
#6566
Ritoky, why should I townread you?

You crushed me last game. Have you done anything you are incapable of as scum yet? Is there something I missed in your scumplay last game?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 06:54 GMT
#6571
On March 25 2015 15:52 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 15:18 Trfel wrote:
See, I can't really scumread for inactivity this game. It's a huge commitment to keep up, and I can easily see townies not being able to do so. So Alakaslam just feels like a policy lynch.

Rsoultin had a very good metric for reading Alakaslam, and it worked in Down Under 2. Boring Alakaslam is scum, interesting and creative Alakaslam is town.

This game, we see Alakaslam with an evolving, and interesting scumread of Holyflare.

I am not inclined to lynch him?






FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT WAS MY READ AND MY LYNCH, I WAS FIRST TO VOTE HIM, MY REASONS WERE BETTER AND MY FORMULA WORKS.
And this is exactly why Alakaslam is playing like he is this game. I don't think he likes his play being reduced to a formula. Is that enough incentive to be serious as town? I certainly think so.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 07:01 GMT
#6573
On March 25 2015 15:54 Eden1892 wrote:
meh sorry can't take Damdred out as of yet. But if everyone else on that list is someone you're cool with then I'm sure you'll have time to convince me otherwise, yeah?

and trfel... how is slam interesting this game? his 'evolving' read on holyflare is omgus, then dropping it when no one wanted to do anything with it. other than that he's done naught but excuse his inactivity, post off-topic and make bizarro world martyr posts about killing him so we can figure out we're wrong

like you have a really really low bar set for interesting if slam's play this game is interesting lmao
I don't really understand the point of OMGUS.

Town uses OMGUS a bunch. Alakaslam shows why Holyflare is scum, and that is because Holyflare's push on Alakaslam is bad. I would have put Holyflare at scum lean for it, except it was early in the game and caused discussion, and the rest of Holyflare's play was towny. Thus, I can see what Alakaslam is getting it. He dropped it due to looking at the other things Holyflare was doing, which were townie (this makes sense).

He also shared some unique reads on other players (iirc scumread on rsoultin).

It's likely that Alakaslam is town, and can't keep up with the thread. I see it as a policy lynch.

And when I use the word interesting for Alakaslam:

Last game, Down Under 2, all he did was sheep Palmar the entire game, and didn't even bother defending himself. This game, he's at least caring, and being independent.

I can't and won't effectively argue Alakaslam to town. But I can argue him to null. And I don't want to lynch null.

I'm sleepy. Good night.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 07:03 GMT
#6576
I guess, I can't really describe it. But I can understand everything he's doing, and why he does all of it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see it.

And so I don't want to lynch him yet.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 07:06 GMT
#6577
On March 25 2015 16:02 ritoky wrote:
how u just ignore my response trfel? ROOD
I didn't have anything to say.

As to you being actively willing to try and solve the game, you were the most tryhard player in Down Under 2. And here, we're fatigued from this 300+ page game, and you're just starting. You would be obvious scum if you weren't trying harder than everyone else.

The other point requires a few careful filter dives from a fully awake Trfel. Not happening at 3 AM.

Good night. And really, thanks for the response, that wasn't an easy question to answer.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 16:41 GMT
#6631
I looked at what Alakaslam said once he came back.

Unfortunately, I was gone by that point, so I couldn't interact with him.

But I actually put him at a town lead at this point. His play is just so markedly different from his scum play last game.

If Alakaslam is lynched, it should be due to interactions with flipped mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:21 GMT
#6650
Hm, Onegu, I certainly hope that surgery goes okay.

Vivax is generally considered town due to the number of posts and the effort he has been putting into this game.

Eden is town because he has also been putting a ton of effort into this game, and he has been constantly thinking critically and willing to discuss with anyone. He's the only certain townread that I'm willing to give for gameplay alone.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:26 GMT
#6654
Alakaslam, if you are town, it's obvious that you don't want to be lynched later in the game. I'm assuming this is because later lynches feel more importance, particularly LYLO. And you would feel more guilty being lynched later as opposed to right now.

However, overall, all lynches carry equal weight. If you get mislynched now, that's one mislynch, the same as if you were mislyched at LYLO. And that's why it doesn't help town to mislynch you now. So asking to be lynched now or never isn't something that town can comply with.

I want to delay your lynch for one day, and preferably for much more than that.

If you are town, it would be nice to see you read over the last 5-10 pages (or however much you are willing to read and have time for) and then post your thoughts based on those pages. No one expects you to read the entire thread, in fact most people here have not done so. The nice thing is that by talking with people who have read the entire thread, you can sort of get okay reads.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:28 GMT
#6657
On March 26 2015 02:26 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 02:24 Onegu wrote:
On March 03 2015 16:31 Onegu wrote:
On March 03 2015 12:16 prplhz wrote:
26

@rsoultin Can you show me this Alakaslam bored/notbored read thing you have going on? I just checked out these scum games 1 3 7 and these town games 1 51 i and I don't see it.



No, my meta read is good on slam rsoultins is bad. Count how many times he has said chupazi, Svengali, or hijole this game(after day post) multiply by (5+day #) then subtract he post count (including pregame) if you are in the negative he is scum. In the positive he is town.


holy shit is this real? lmfao
Eden, this is what I'm saying. Do you think it is a coincidence that Alakaslam decided to play "normally", without CHUPAZI, svengali, or hijole, the game after this "Alakaslam formula" was unveiled? I certainly don't.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:36 GMT
#6662
Artanis[Xp], first question, do you prefer to be called Artanis[Xp] or Artanis?

After that, do you agree that this game is more conversational than most games, including Imperial Mafia, thereby encouraging everyone to post more?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:39 GMT
#6665
It is strange that Alalaslam calls Eden scum for trying to figure out his alignment, but calls Vivax scum for wanting to lynch him today, which is his request.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:44 GMT
#6667
Why else do you think I should be townreading you?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:49 GMT
#6671
Fair enough, have a good evening, Artanis.

Eden, Alakaslam seems to be gone, and I can talk to you about why you might townread him, if you wish.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 17:58 GMT
#6682
Eden. Try this meta read. I realize it's weak, and I only have experience playing with mafia!Alakaslam. If you are so inclined, you can try to read some Alakaslam games.

Mini Mafia Down Under 2

Alakaslam's play was uninspired. He started out by seeing Palmar pretending to be two or three different people (I forget how many). He stated that because Palmar was practicing a greater form of CHUPAZI, he would sheep Palmar. So, he voted with Palmar's scum target and left for a while. At this point, people started showing suspicions of Alakaslam (rsoultin, ritoky, and Onegu, with me sort of following behind in thought, I forget if I expressed these sentiments in the thread). Alakaslam never moved his vote from ritoky. He came back to the thread and had minor interactions, but he never actually did anything other than say he was sheeping Palmar. He did ask what the case on him was, and we responded that he hadn't done anything creative. And he never responded to that.

TL Mafia LXX

Alakaslam hasn't sheeped anyone. His reads have been at odds with most of the thread at basically all times. He started out with a push on Holyflare. He's been providing several reads. When scumread this game, he shows a drastically different reaction. He's been willing to argue and defend himself, which I didn't notice at all last game (where he didn't even vote to save himself).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 18:04 GMT
#6686
Alakaslam, have you done anything this game that you couldn't do as scum?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 18:12 GMT
#6690
On March 26 2015 03:10 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 03:04 Trfel wrote:
Alakaslam, have you done anything this game that you couldn't do as scum?

Yes.

Been so behind on thread and yet "refused to ask my teammates to help"
Actually, this is a really good point...

If Alakaslam is scum here, his partners are readily willing to bus him. Unless Superbia and Alakaslam are both scum, but I'll ignore that for now.

And if Alakaslam is being bussed, I guarantee he wouldn't try to defend himself in a near-hopeless situation, when he didn't bother trying to defend himself last game (when he wasn't even getting bussed) and it was a post-restricted game, so he could have easily read the entire game.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 18:14 GMT
#6691
On March 26 2015 02:26 Trfel wrote:
Alakaslam, if you are town, it's obvious that you don't want to be lynched later in the game. I'm assuming this is because later lynches feel more importance, particularly LYLO. And you would feel more guilty being lynched later as opposed to right now.

However, overall, all lynches carry equal weight. If you get mislynched now, that's one mislynch, the same as if you were mislyched at LYLO. And that's why it doesn't help town to mislynch you now. So asking to be lynched now or never isn't something that town can comply with.

I want to delay your lynch for one day, and preferably for much more than that.

If you are town, it would be nice to see you read over the last 5-10 pages (or however much you are willing to read and have time for) and then post your thoughts based on those pages. No one expects you to read the entire thread, in fact most people here have not done so. The nice thing is that by talking with people who have read the entire thread, you can sort of get okay reads.
Alakaslam, this is why it doesn't make sense for town to decide to lynch you early or never.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 584
ZZZero.O 160
soO 57
Hyun 49
Dota 2
qojqva2443
League of Legends
Doublelift2013
Counter-Strike
fl0m4113
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4216
Liquid`Hasu652
Other Games
summit1g6724
FrodaN1415
KnowMe346
ToD296
Pyrionflax189
420jenkins187
Livibee186
QueenE105
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick791
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1997
Other Games
• imaqtpie890
• Shiphtur582
• Scarra368
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 6m
Patches Events
18h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.