• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:34
CEST 20:34
KST 03:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13614 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 18:29 GMT
#1290
On February 27 2015 03:27 Eden1892 wrote:
Artanis why is Snarfs mafia? Your best singular reason is all I need, more is welcome

Being one of his main suspects whilst never interacting with me would be a big point, as well as not being able to follow his thought process.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 18:32 GMT
#1291
On February 27 2015 03:28 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 03:25 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 03:23 Damdred wrote:
Do you not think that snarfs post with all his reads is something mafia probably wouldn't do?

Also why did you vote for snarfs with yamato before deciding yamato was town after you had pushed him most of the day? Also he was the primary push on him I believe in the thread at that point.

I didn't see anything new in his reads list. Rehashing what you've said already in order to get another very viable lynch target lynched seems very easy.

Because my problem with Yamato was that he hadn't done anything other than a weak case on Tormented which he backed up on when I started pressuring him and flinging suspicions at me. When I read his filter, I saw him doing a lot of pushing and prodding, plus the mutual wave-yamato townreads helped.


It looks like in yoru filter you voted before you looked into yamato?

You're right. At first I simply looked at the vote count numbers rather than who was actually on them. When I noticed Yamato I decided to look into him.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 18:52 GMT
#1293
Near the end he was mostly shouting that wave is town.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 19:04 GMT
#1299
On February 27 2015 04:03 Eden1892 wrote:
Something about Artanis's reply to my question didn't feel right but I can't follow up rn on mobile. Promise I will before I'm nightkilled

I look forward to it honeybumpkins.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:22 GMT
#1359
Alright I'm here for a bit before scum shoots me. Any questions?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:24 GMT
#1361
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:26 GMT
#1363
On February 27 2015 08:25 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:22 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Alright I'm here for a bit before scum shoots me. Any questions?

LOL get out

I guess you could get shot if they're medic dodging.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:27 GMT
#1366
On February 27 2015 08:26 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.

wow much committal very firmness many hard work wow

[2]
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:29 GMT
#1369
On February 27 2015 08:28 Eden1892 wrote:
what does that mean

that's twice now that you've done it

It means second.
On February 27 2015 08:28 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.


I know they have a ton of history but what does that matter if one of them is scum or not? When we were scum together we did somewhat the same thing?

It's not very difficult.
1. Yamato has a good read on Wave.
2. I believe Yamato is town.
3. Yamato very strongly believes Wave is town.
4. I therefore feel it's more likely that Wave is town.
Rocket science, it is not.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:38 GMT
#1373
On February 27 2015 08:34 Damdred wrote:
Was that the only reason that you thought wave was town because yamato said so basically?

No, I simply thought Snarfs was more likely to be mafia. I felt like Wave's filter could be more easily explained by being bad, whereas I felt Snarfs lack of knowledge of my filter (I still don't understand his initial scumread) whilst having me as a suspect all game long made much less sense.

On February 27 2015 08:36 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 05:14 Tronak wrote:
On February 27 2015 03:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 03:13 Tronak wrote:
On February 27 2015 03:09 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
If you could be more specific, I'm feeling very lazy today.


You were actually VERY lazy (in terms of helping catching mafia) during the most critic hours of this game so far.

I consistently pushed those that I thought were mafia until the end of the day. I don't believe I've been lazy at that time.


Completly untrue:
-Long 8hours passed since the moment you stopped writing in thread (assuming you pushed until last minute)
-You didnt push Yamato or Tormented at all from the moment you came back up to EOD.
-And you didnt push Snarfs at all, you defended from his post, read him scum for his weak accusation on you and you voted him.

So you dint push anyone at all during your last 10-11hours of D1 game.



I have theatersport each wednesday, I can't help not being there until 1h before deadline. When I was present I consistently pushed Snarfs after realizing Tormented was not a potential candidate for the day and I felt Yamato was townier. I pushed exactly why I thought he was scum.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:41 GMT
#1375
On February 27 2015 08:40 Damdred wrote:
and where do you stand on snarf now?

I'm not sure. I wasn't a potential lynch target on D1 so it's odd to me in retrospect that he went after me of all people. Despite that I can't understand his gameplay this game at all, especially the lack of interaction he's had with me and his passive asking of other people's opinion on me without sharing his own until I pushed him to it, and even then no interaction to try and strengthen his read.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:50 GMT
#1380
On February 27 2015 08:46 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:28 Eden1892 wrote:
what does that mean

that's twice now that you've done it

It means second.
On February 27 2015 08:28 Damdred wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.


I know they have a ton of history but what does that matter if one of them is scum or not? When we were scum together we did somewhat the same thing?

It's not very difficult.
1. Yamato has a good read on Wave.
2. I believe Yamato is town.
3. Yamato very strongly believes Wave is town.
4. I therefore feel it's more likely that Wave is town.
Rocket science, it is not.


But you didn't always believe yamato was town. You were willing to lynch him. All I can see is a one liner about yamato's EoD play seems townie now and by that, Wave is town. Seems very loose with no flips to go off of to just assume one is townie for trying to save the other town.

Reads change sometimes. Note that Wave called Yamato town too and I had a townread on Wave early on too. The fact that they townread each other strengthened one another. I didn't go in depth on why I changed my read on Yamato as there was little time, plus like I said I felt Snarfs was scummier. I wasn't certain on Wave being town by any means.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:51 GMT
#1381
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.
On February 27 2015 08:49 Damdred wrote:
whats changed your mind or at least made you doubt the snarf lynch?

Thinking about it more critically and wondering why he went after me when I wasn't a viable lynch target. I've expanded on this in a previous post.
On February 27 2015 08:49 The Shining wrote:
Especially with you calling Wave's filter horrible. I'm a newbie. Help me figure out how someone yelling 'he is town!!" Is enough. If that's all it takes, I start shooting PMs pregame begging people to tell "he's town" when I'm up for mislynch

Horrible =/= scum. That his filter was bad did not mean he was mafia, as evidenced by his flip. I saw a terrible filter but not necessarily a scummy one.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:55 GMT
#1386
On February 27 2015 08:52 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:50 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 The Shining wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:28 Eden1892 wrote:
what does that mean

that's twice now that you've done it

It means second.
On February 27 2015 08:28 Damdred wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.


I know they have a ton of history but what does that matter if one of them is scum or not? When we were scum together we did somewhat the same thing?

It's not very difficult.
1. Yamato has a good read on Wave.
2. I believe Yamato is town.
3. Yamato very strongly believes Wave is town.
4. I therefore feel it's more likely that Wave is town.
Rocket science, it is not.


But you didn't always believe yamato was town. You were willing to lynch him. All I can see is a one liner about yamato's EoD play seems townie now and by that, Wave is town. Seems very loose with no flips to go off of to just assume one is townie for trying to save the other town.

Reads change sometimes. Note that Wave called Yamato town too and I had a townread on Wave early on too. The fact that they townread each other strengthened one another. I didn't go in depth on why I changed my read on Yamato as there was little time, plus like I said I felt Snarfs was scummier. I wasn't certain on Wave being town by any means.


I know you didnt, hence my last post asking you to help me explain it now. Reads do change but if I can't readily see where and how it changed, it holds as much weight as "he was scum and unsure of how to spin his read so he goes as vague as possible."

I don't want to jump to that conclusion without seeing what you have to say first

I saw Yamato asking a lot of questions, poking and prodding and being active in a manner he hadn't been yet in the game. His reads evolved, changing his opinion on me despite not being prompted to and most importantly his interrogation of Eden had an agression to it that felt townie.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:57 GMT
#1388
On February 27 2015 08:53 _Tormented_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 08:31 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Holy shit Wave's filter since the Damdred push is terrible.



Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 08:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I think I still prefer a Snarfs lynch over a Wave lynch. I just find it hard to imagine he wouldn't know who his main suspect is voting for and suspects if he actually put any effort into reading the filter whatsoever. I feel like Wave's play can be explained more easily by playing bad than Snarfs can.

Maybe because I am new...but this makes no sense to me. You say Wave's filter looks terrible, but stick with Snarf because of one single thing he said and said that Wave's actions could be explained...

The difference between playing bad and playing scummy is that playing bad doesn't necessarily jive with mafia objective. I see mafia motivation in Snarfs' way of treating me whereas I didn't really see it as much in Wave's posting, as terrible as it may have been.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:57 GMT
#1389
On February 27 2015 08:55 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


Any others? I already knew that one.

Snarfs still second. After that I'm not sure, there's still a few people I need to reread but I'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:00 GMT
#1392
gg Dammy.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:02 GMT
#1394
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:08 GMT
#1397
How cryptic.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:11 GMT
#1400
On February 27 2015 09:08 Tronak wrote:
GG Damdred I'll take your last 2 posts into account. Promised.


Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.


You came and asked for questions before night ends.

Since today you have been "very lazy" I was actually expecting some new analysis coming from you before night ended. I hope you day play changes, a lot! and besides tunneling Tormented and Snarfs you provide much more in depth analysis on what have happened in the almost last 33hours.

If I'm right on both Tormented and Snarfs then all I need to do is to get town to actually listen to me. Have you considered that possibility?
On February 27 2015 09:08 _Tormented_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:55 Tronak wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


Any others? I already knew that one.

Snarfs still second. After that I'm not sure, there's still a few people I need to reread but I'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow.



Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.




Really now...you seemed pretty certain you would be around for D2....maybe because you can't shoot yourself?

Definitely wasn't because I was joking around or anything
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1266
TKL 435
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1266
ByuN 525
TKL 435
IndyStarCraft 285
Reynor 175
BRAT_OK 53
EmSc Tv 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34100
Calm 2624
Shuttle 388
Mini 161
White-Ra 110
firebathero 102
Mong 59
soO 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9127
Counter-Strike
fl0m3184
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3401
Liquid`Hasu463
MindelVK6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2304
FrodaN1523
B2W.Neo768
olofmeister617
Khaldor471
KnowMe257
Beastyqt228
crisheroes174
Livibee173
Mew2King74
ToD54
kaitlyn16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick416
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 8
EmSc2Tv 8
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 9
• Reevou 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach68
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV618
Other Games
• imaqtpie976
• Shiphtur696
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
26m
BSL Open Qualifier
26m
OSC
4h 26m
Replay Cast
4h 26m
OSC
17h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.