• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:36
CEST 15:36
KST 22:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War85.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11505 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 23 2015 00:00 GMT
#1495
too bad!
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 23 2015 00:01 GMT
#1499
oh this is vanilla palmar.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 23 2015 00:01 GMT
#1500
sorry, gg.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 26 2015 08:56 GMT
#1764
This discussion is so backwards.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 26 2015 10:49 GMT
#1766
I wasn't in the game for long, and I'm sorry for getting lynched like a baddie on the penultimate day. However looking at the post-game discussion, I see people taking lessons from this that just aren't going to help anyone.

On February 26 2015 09:15 marvellosity wrote:
mafia tough game trfel, you're gonna be wrong a lot, even when you're really good (and tbh you're pretty good already)


This is true. Being right is the hardest skill to learn in mafia. It is also one of the least valuable skills on it's own. I hate it when people put so much stock into being wrong or right. It doesn't even matter. There are a ton of other skills in mafia that are both much easier to learn, and much more valuable for someone learning the game.

I was right on JJB, it didn't do me much good. Being right is completely useless in mafia and is no saving grace for people when they make mistakes.

You see, this discussion here:

On February 26 2015 09:15 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 09:13 Trfel wrote:
Seriously, apologies to all townies. I tried, I really did.

apology accepted. PS I kneecap you..


While tounge-in-cheek, it's completely backwards. Trfel is the one who should be accepting zlefin's apology, not the other way around.

Sure, Trfel was wrong. Who cares! If zlefin and I had managed to put ourselves in a position similar to Trfel's, where we couldn't be lynched easily, then the game would have been auto-win for town. Because the only player that could be reasonably lynched was the mafia.

On February 26 2015 09:02 zlefin wrote:
I was right! that's the most important part to me, so I call that a win.


This kind of thinking is how you never improve at mafia. I don't mind that, there are players who play for goals other than to actually improve at the game, but it's true. And it's not exactly an achievement to be right when there are only two options, one of which both the confirmed recently flipped townires townread, and the other one they both scumread.

zlefin and Trfel were both wrong on my lynch, and Trfel was wrong on the final day. I think both of these, really, really don't matter. I think this because it's not easily fixable. There is no way you can go to someone and tell him. "Here, if you do x and y, you will be more right".

zlefin did, however, make an atrocious mistake when he refused to play the game the day I got lynched. He refused to engage in playing the game and consider the possibility he may be wrong, thus not only being partly responsible for lynching me that day (remember, if he had been wrong at that point, we'd have won, because shining and I were trying to kill JJB). The good news is that, this is a mistake that is very, very easily fixable. All zlefin has to do is next time when presented with an obvious lynch, is to say "well, we got this obvious lynch, so how about I use the time to review and interact, just in case I'm wrong".

Notice how unlike the "be more right", this is something that can be easily fixed. I want to make sure you guys understand I'm not flaming at all. I did exactly the same thing in one of my early games of mafia. I sheeped a bunch of dead townies and lynched the "town consensus" instead of looking at the situation critically and threw a game when it would have been easy to figure out that something was up if I had spent the time working on it.

As for Trfel, I couldn't find you ever looking at it this way, but you had to have thought somewhere "why me? Why was shining shot and I was left alive? I'm universally townread, so what's the problem here?". It's important to review things in lylo, and for the most part mafia do the logical things. They shoot townies who are right. Obviously, unlike the point I made with zlefin, this is a much harder thing to fix. You went with your gut over the analysis by shining and I from the day before, and that's okay. I know that you will learn from this, and your methodology wasn't wrong, it was simply incomplete and thus your conclusion was wrong, which is always going to be a problem as long as you play mafia. If it wasn't, the game wouldn't be any fun, would it?

I also want to commend you on the job you did making yourself unlynchable. That was very good, and is both a very good skill to master and much easier to apply consistently than being right. Don't beat yourself up over this game, everyone is wrong once in a while.

Shining did an excellent job on reevaluating a situation. Not only did he take a situation that at face value looked like an automatic lynch, spend the time to reevaluate and tried to actively work to solve the game, he actually reached the correct conclusion too, which is of course just fantastic. He played the day very, very well, the only knock on him is that he was right, but did not manage to convince either Trfel or zlefin to follow him. But the fact that he didn't manage to was of course only partly on him, and partly on the others, and partly on me for not being townier than I was. Everyone can always improve. Shining also became such a threat to the mafia that JJB decided to shoot him in the night, it's always a good thing to be shot as a townie. It means the mafia for some reason does not want to deal with you.

Anyway, it was fun, again, I'm sorry for not being able to move the wagon off me, all I had to do was convince either zlefin or Trfel and we'd have won the game. I feel like I didn't have the time to find my angle to convincing them, and maybe I spent too much time scumhunting instead of just defending myself.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 26 2015 11:04 GMT
#1768
because Shining was equally townie, and on top of that he was 100% right.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 359
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35728
Calm 7660
Rain 1858
Bisu 1791
Jaedong 1179
Horang2 689
FanTaSy 685
BeSt 558
Larva 485
Soma 431
[ Show more ]
Light 363
Rush 301
Stork 269
ZerO 242
Snow 233
Zeus 162
Barracks 136
Free 124
Mind 99
910 98
Killer 68
Mong 63
Sea.KH 50
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 38
NaDa 34
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 21
Sexy 18
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Rock 10
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7303
XaKoH 312
Counter-Strike
fl0m3019
olofmeister862
Other Games
gofns32125
singsing2252
B2W.Neo813
Lowko359
hiko355
crisheroes300
Mlord215
Hui .136
Livibee105
RotterdaM99
djWHEAT85
Mew2King75
QueenE35
ZerO(Twitch)10
DeMusliM7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4057
• Jankos2555
• TFBlade691
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.