• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:46
CEST 17:46
KST 00:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War535.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7953 users

Metal Mini Mafia! - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 02:26 GMT
#1852
Voting ls and probably not gonna change

His case isn't just bad it's twisted and scummy. I'll break it down when I get home to my computer

Bunnies I'm waking up probably about 6 hours before the deadline tomorrow. Would be good if we could do a final talk through but I do think it's ls
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 10:54 GMT
#1855
Well bunnies, maybe the case sounds reasonable if you didn't fact check LS. But, his case is based off of multiple premises which are simply not true.

Point 1:
+ Show Spoiler [LS point 1] +

On December 27 2014 02:23 LightningStrike wrote:
Okay let's start off with his opening post where he was wanting to give free town cred
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 05:04 sciberbia wrote:
Greetings gents! My name is sciberbia but you can just call me scib

Free townread for the first person to reply to this post. Unless you say something scummy of course


Now that seemed like a odd opening post yes and here my entrance regarding his opening post

Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 05:30 LightningStrike wrote:
Sorry my late entrance my mom told me that she was taking me to get a hair cut but we went to a couple stores and had lunch T_T
I think the first post is just silly I would of expected that from sicklucker for meta reasons but not scib.
Okay let's try to win this game plain and simple Anyone want to discuss with me?


Now Scib came like a bat out of hell and quickly defended his post

Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 05:37 sciberbia wrote:
On December 17 2014 05:30 LightningStrike wrote:
Sorry my late entrance my mom told me that she was taking me to get a hair cut but we went to a couple stores and had lunch T_T
I think the first post is just silly I would of expected that from sicklucker for meta reasons but not scib.
Okay let's try to win this game plain and simple Anyone want to discuss with me?

You seem to be implying that the silliness of my first post is scummy? If so, please explain why it is scummy. Or are you simply noting that it is silly?

Why would he assume his post was scummy when I said it was just silly? He was afraid that I was already scum reading him which I wasn't at the time.



Here, he claims that I assumed he was calling my first post scummy. For one thing, I obviously didn't assume that's what he was saying, since I made a post to ask him whether he was calling it scummy or just silly.

Secondly, multiple flipped town players did assume that he was calling my first post scummy (see quotes below), so clearly it would not have indicated a scum mindset even if I had assumed he was calling me scummy. In fact, the fact that I didn't make this assumption should probably be evidence in favor of me being town if anything.

And third, Palmar explained in his first case how it was scummy of LS to talk about how my first post was silly, not scummy. So it should be obvious why I was asking for clarification there.

+ Show Spoiler [JAT] +

On December 17 2014 05:32 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 05:30 LightningStrike wrote:
Sorry my late entrance my mom told me that she was taking me to get a hair cut but we went to a couple stores and had lunch T_T
I think the first post is just silly I would of expected that from sicklucker for meta reasons but not scib.
Okay let's try to win this game plain and simple Anyone want to discuss with me?

Unforgivable. I have concluded that you are scum for not posting during the first 30 minutes of the game. Also you are attacking confirmed town scib.


+ Show Spoiler [Palmar] +

On December 17 2014 05:59 Palmar wrote:
Also, votes on LS people, bro is 84% mafia.

Evidence 2

Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 05:39 LightningStrike wrote:
On December 17 2014 05:37 sciberbia wrote:
On December 17 2014 05:30 LightningStrike wrote:
Sorry my late entrance my mom told me that she was taking me to get a hair cut but we went to a couple stores and had lunch T_T
I think the first post is just silly I would of expected that from sicklucker for meta reasons but not scib.
Okay let's try to win this game plain and simple Anyone want to discuss with me?

You seem to be implying that the silliness of my first post is scummy? If so, please explain why it is scummy. Or are you simply noting that it is silly?

I wasn't trying to say it was scummy I just stating it was just silly that's all :O


If it wasn't scummy then what the hell is he trying to say? What does silly mean? What has it got to do with the game at all, and why bring it up as expected or not expected behavior if it isn't alignment indicative.



As if all this wasn't enough, LS himself said eariler in the thread that he thought my questioning of him was reasonable and in fact was one of the reasons for his stated town read on me.

+ Show Spoiler [LS contradicting himself from earlier] +

On December 20 2014 13:49 LightningStrike wrote:
I agree with all but the scip and sicklucker. I would put sicklucker null for now and Scip did some decent questioning on me and tried to ask me why I thought his opening post was silly and continued on pressuring me a bit before Palmar pressured me hard core. While Palmar was pressuring me he also followed up his read on me based on my reactions to the pressure from him and Palmar. Although I found it odd that 2 mafias were defending me pretty damn hard Day 1 when I not even mafia or sk it just seems weird but I think it because marv looked into my past games and Breshke knows my meta from playing with me twice once town and once and mafia. I feel kind of odd because of the mafia members defending because now they made me look a little bit scummier.



Point 2:

On December 27 2014 02:23 LightningStrike wrote:
Also at one point before death Palmar did say Scib was scum and so Scib had the right motive to kill Palmar. By elimating Palmar Scib was able to hide himself as the lead town and looking like he figured the game out.


First of all, the underlined is outright misleading. Palmar said on D2 that I might be scum, which is not surprising given that he was barely reading the thread and in general loves nothing more than not reading my posts and calling me scummy. However, look at the last posts in his filter:
+ Show Spoiler [Palmar N2 posts] +

On December 22 2014 05:09 Palmar wrote:
I think by default we lynch sicklucker or kush tomorrow.


On December 22 2014 05:09 Palmar wrote:
And yeah, amazing job Scib, that was a really good push.


On December 22 2014 05:40 Palmar wrote:
come join me in retirement!

Now someone else can do shit tomorrow



Clearly, Palmar had me as town (as he should) by N2. So, again LightningStrike's point is based on twisted information. Yes, Palmar did say I might be scum at one point in the game, but at the relevant part of the game where he died he clearly had me as a town read.

Secondly, even if the underlined were based in truth, the bolded is just wild conjecturing not supported by anything. I can't even defend the point.. he's just not really saying anything there.

Point 3:

+ Show Spoiler [LS point 3] +

On December 27 2014 02:23 LightningStrike wrote:
The next edivence that Scib is scum is actually him not getting killed the Night after VE got lynched and last Night instead of him Damdred and Palmar who he most likely felt was the biggest threats to him but by him not dieing he looked pretty bad. Now why would Mafia leave Scib behind after Scib found the SK? Because he got to be scum himself that's why.



LIke kush said, this is just WIFOM NK analysis and bad WIFOM NK analysis at that. Again, there's nothing even to defend here since it's just conjecturing not based in fact.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 10:59 GMT
#1856
@27ninjabunnies
Let me know if I managed to change your opinion of the LS case. I feel pretty good about him being scum, since his case was built on misinformation and unsupported conjecturing, not to mention him contradicting himself.

If you have good reason to want to lynch kush, let me hear it. If you compare LS and kush since D1, LS looks scummier imo.

One big reason I have for going with LS over kush is that kush lurked all D1 and then picked up his activity after 2 mafia players died and it was revealed we had an SK. If he were the 3rd mafia and didn't have any motivation on D1, I think he would likely have just resigned himself to defeat on D2 and put in even less effort if anything.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 20:02 GMT
#1862
gg all

thanks for hosting ff
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 20:20 GMT
#1877
On December 28 2014 05:10 sicklucker wrote:
So scrib did you think I was the sk? Is that why you pushed ve and helped me


No. Shortly into D2 I looked through everyone's filter to find the SK. As you can see in the scum QT, my best guess at SK was VE. My second guess at that point would have been kush, and my third guess either you or Palmar. I was afraid of getting shot and not afraid of getting lynched so I made my first post on VE to probe for reactions. I then accumulated enough evidence to convince myself he was 90+% SK and that I could get him lynched so I just went for it.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 20:41 GMT
#1882
Eh you can call me arrogant but honestly I felt that once I lynched VE on D2 I had rather high probability to win, modkill on sicklucker or no. Hard to put a number on it but maybe 75%? I am reasonably confident in my ability to not get myself lynched, but I have no control over who VE chooses to shoot, so I didn't think it was worth the risk.

sicklucker your argument about tryharding on D2 doesn't make sense to me. Town isn't allowed to no lynch, so your options are literally lynch a townie or lynch scum. Clearly lynching scum is better lol

Town played pretty well but unfortunately all of the night actions turned out pretty horribly for you guys. Cop got sniped N1. SK and mafia shot 2 separate townies. Veteran claimed on D2 so got no use out of it. I even got town cred for my roleblock.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 21:22 GMT
#1890
the real case on VE

some reasons why I thought VE was SK on D2. Maybe not all of these are solid evidence, but added all together made me feel confident in writing my first case on him. As the day went on I became more and more confident he was SK. Thought you guys might find this interesting + Show Spoiler +
and I wanted to brag a little sorry


I) Process of elimination + Show Spoiler +

There were 8 players alive besides me

VE - probably SK
kush - no read, but it doesn't seem likely he would shoot robik
sicklucker - town read, outside chance he is sk
palmar - town read, outside chance he is sk

coag - town read
ls - town read
damdred - gotta be town
bunnies - confirmed town


II) This post + Show Spoiler +

On December 17 2014 09:55 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 09:44 Palmar wrote:
On December 17 2014 09:41 VisceraEyes wrote:
Likewise. Tell me what you think about Robik (besides "I refuse to read him" which doesn't work for me.)

I don't know.

He said "I am town", so I'm tempted to autotownread him.

I am also tempted to try to lynch him just to see how mad he gets and what he says, because it's a useful way of reading him.

I really don't know how to read Robik. I've read him with confidence and correctly like once (in that VS game) and that wasn't until day 2.

Considering he's claimed mafia as his first act in any game I've ever played with townRobik, I don't like this read either.

Are we different alignments Palmar?


Seems like a rather cheeky thing that a SK VE would like to say.


III) Stance on marv wagon + Show Spoiler +

Somehow, strangely, his approach to the marv lynch mirrored mine, which to me at least was obviously coming from a scum mindset

We both showed no interest in voting marv until Palmar and JAT called for his lynch. Then we both made a post to the effect of "I'm thinking about it"

Then bunnies posted some logic for voting marv. I really wanted to argue with it but I restrained myself. VE did argue with it. I even agreed with his arguing with it

Then both our posts voting him were exactly the same


IV) A bit subdued overall compared to town VE + Show Spoiler +

I've only played with VE once, but in that game he was town and had more thread impact. Bunnies and JAT also noted this in this game.


V) Never seemed to care that much who specifically was getting lynched as long as it wasn't him

VI) Reaction to the 3 shots N1 (or lack thereof) + Show Spoiler +

On December 20 2014 05:06 Damdred wrote:
Vig come and claim

I'm the Vet, i was not shot, theres a serial killer that we have to find as well

On December 20 2014 05:07 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2014 05:06 27ninjabunnies wrote:
I SHOT BRESHKE.

GET FUCKIN REKT

<3 you sweetie pie. Who you think is the SK and who is Scum?

On December 20 2014 05:07 Palmar wrote:
I completely forgot about there being an sk in the game

On December 20 2014 05:09 27ninjabunnies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2014 05:07 Palmar wrote:
I completely forgot about there being an sk in the game


Did you really, or are you SK?

Honestly, I thought you would die in the night over JAT or Rob.

Im guessing Rob was SK shot?

On December 20 2014 05:10 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2014 05:08 LightningStrike wrote:
On December 20 2014 05:06 Damdred wrote:
Vig come and claim

I'm the Vet, i was not shot, theres a serial killer that we have to find as well

Anyone counter claim Vet?

There's no "counterclaims" in an open setup. Just further claims that may or may not make sense in context.


Everyone else was like WOW 3 shots. Hm I wonder who is SK bla bla bla. SK SK SK

VE didn't show any surprise or interest in SK, which seemed off compared to everyone else's reaction

sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 21:28 GMT
#1892
On December 28 2014 06:21 marvellosity wrote:
The problem with an SK isn't really balance. Games are just faster, and the SK provides a form of balance with who they shoot.

The problem with an SK is that it takes a lot of power out of the other faction's hands. SK could help town out (if town are mislynching, SK should hit mafia) or help mafia out by hitting townies when things are going bad. But it just means either town or mafia are punished for playing well, and that really really sucks.

anyhoo, thanks for the carry scib :p my team-mates pretty good at carrying me when i'm mafia these days...

Well can't pretend that I didn't wish you had tried a bit harder, but I do enjoy carrying noob teammates :p

Saw your note in the obs qt. Yea idk why I was even considering shooting bunnies lol..
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 27 2014 21:52 GMT
#1895
Yea I feel your guys's pain. I generally hate SK's as well.

Made this game much more enjoyable for me though: I actually got to do some scumhunting and it shortened the game a bit.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 28 2014 00:05 GMT
#1899
On December 28 2014 08:47 LightningStrike wrote:
Scib I knew you were mafia but I wasn't here for End of Game to make a bigger argument and I need help on making cases T_T GG WP any tips on how to build cases Scib?


I wouldn't claim to be an expert but here are two quick tips

1) try to always make sure you understand everything going on in the thread. This involves reading the thread very closely at all times and rereading if necessary. This just helps with everything as both alignments

2) people love to read pretty posts. If you use pretty colors and stuff like
  • line breaks


  • and
  • bullet lists


then people are more likely to read it and appreciate what you have to say. But when the formatting is messed up and you have a few rather long paragraphs, people don't want to read it.

On December 28 2014 08:48 LightningStrike wrote:
Also why did the entire scum team defended me Day 1? I find it odd they would all defend me then.


I just defended you because I think that is what I would have done if I were town. I assume marv did for the same reason. Can't speak for Breshke but maybe also the same reason. I wouldn't think too much of it.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
December 29 2014 11:02 GMT
#1946
To be fair Palmar, you were the only flipped townie that had considered me any scummier than LS. Robik and JAT considered me even townier than LS, so it's not really fair to say kush had his head up his ass refusing to listen to dead townies.

Not saying I was uncatchable but I don't think kush played as badly as you are making out.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-29 11:13:02
December 29 2014 11:07 GMT
#1947
Really the only townies who at the end of their filter had me as scummier than LS were you and LS
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
CranKy Ducklings180
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37671
Free 1479
Horang2 316
firebathero 240
Trap 135
Zeus 130
Hyun 65
ToSsGirL 43
soO 32
Rock 20
[ Show more ]
Noble 18
Aegong 17
Bishop 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8178
Dendi867
XaKoH 422
420jenkins194
Counter-Strike
fl0m3959
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko443
Other Games
singsing2173
Beastyqt649
Mlord369
byalli279
mouzStarbuck230
KnowMe215
Hui .189
QueenE83
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP29
• Adnapsc2 7
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1618
Other Games
• Shiphtur451
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 14m
Patches Events
23h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.