• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11487 users

Glory Seeker Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 03 2014 18:32 GMT
#24
/in
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 03 2014 20:44 GMT
#26
On May 04 2014 03:38 thrawn2112 wrote:
vivax, you best roll town now, ya hear?


But what if you roll mafia then
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 04 2014 22:24 GMT
#59
Are you the godfather Steve?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 04 2014 22:42 GMT
#69
On May 05 2014 07:29 Koshi wrote:
Vivax can we be best friends?


Sure, unless you're mafia then I have to tunnel you and that doesn't seem friendly.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 04 2014 22:52 GMT
#72
Yea I'm going to bed.
Time to wait for Oats and the other two dudes to post.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 08:52 GMT
#162
On May 05 2014 12:08 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 12:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
@Cav whyd you choose Steve over Vivax or anyone else?

@Steve what character is Cav?


At first glace, I figured this was setup like Mafiascum, where when someone hits majority they get lynched.I didn't want to put Vivax at L-2 because we were goofing off.

I'm still not entirely sure if that's how it works, but that's my best guess.


So you think I'm scum but didn't want to put me at L-2 cause of trolling people?
Or you didn't want to put me at L-2 cause of other reasons?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 10:19 GMT
#190
On May 05 2014 19:11 Koshi wrote:
Vivax
Why are you lurking?


I'm waiting for Cav to reply to that cause that post looks slightly scummy to me although I have trouble saying exactly why.
Not much worth of my attention besides that since a lot of it is people not posting anything of value.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 11:24 GMT
#197
On May 05 2014 19:23 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 19:19 Vivax wrote:
On May 05 2014 19:11 Koshi wrote:
Vivax
Why are you lurking?


I'm waiting for Cav to reply to that cause that post looks slightly scummy to me although I have trouble saying exactly why.
Not much worth of my attention besides that since a lot of it is people not posting anything of value.

So what do you make of Steve blowing up at Cav? You agree that Cav was just joking with that vote on Steve? You agree Cav was joking when he said he would lurk?


I don't know how seriously I can take Steve with that cause none of what he said would make Cava scum. "said he would lurk", "doesn't lurk" isn't really something I would ever consider as a scumtell.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 11:26 GMT
#199
But I can tell you that Oats is supertown.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 11:33 GMT
#200
Oats you might explain why you said Steve was on me though. Can't find it.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 11:37 GMT
#203
I suppose he meant you were on Cava for that invalid reason.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 11:43 GMT
#208
Joking phase is over and should be over, kids.

Why don't you tell me what you think about the reason Cava gave for not voting me? Don't you get da vibes?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 12:06 GMT
#210
On May 05 2014 12:08 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 12:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
@Cav whyd you choose Steve over Vivax or anyone else?

@Steve what character is Cav?


At first glace, I figured this was setup like Mafiascum, where when someone hits majority they get lynched. I didn't want to put Vivax at L-2 because we were goofing off.

I'm still not entirely sure if that's how it works, but that's my best guess.


He said he didn't want to vote me to not put me at L-2.
1. It's serious, 2. It provides a serious justification for a non-serious phase, 3. The reason is totally evasive and doesn't say anything about his opinion on me. It reads like an excuse.

That's why I wanna know more about this post.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 17:25 GMT
#255
Why do I think HF is mafia now.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 17:32 GMT
#256
This. This is incredibly towny and it's so so so so sooooooo odd that Vivax mentioned it was scummy. Why would scum be CONCERNED about someone going to L-2???? It shows that while he was having fun he was also thinking about the consequences the fun could have on the actual game.


I think it's this defense that rubs me the wrong way. "Why would scum do x" as a basis of a townread is stupid. Scum would do x you don't expect them to do in order to look more townie (for example me hard defending Cav last game even though I didn't have to). Good ol' WIFOM. Overall I feel like HF is picking sides way too strongly, and looks too confident with this and his push on Oats. But I'll observe further.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 21:17 GMT
#281
I just wanted to know more about that post. What was serious and whatnot, hence I find it quite a bit of overreaction from Cava to give me "super suspicion" and say I'm twisting things cause I stated my thoughts about his post (upon request!) without even being judgmental about him.

It's not like I'm sure about his alignment yet, neither about Holyflare's, but the latter seems to follow a very aggressive approach to the game and that gives me neg vibes. Anyway gonna give some of my thoughts about the two now.

If you're town and look at the posts I made about Cava, think for a moment how you would see them and suggest how you would react if you were in the place of Cava (who never showed a sign of wanting to vote for me). Would you instacall me scum and say i'm twisting or try to make clear it was a full joke post and that you think it's actually townie?

Cause I don't call him scum, I don't say he's twisting things, I simply say that I found his post defensive, giving a reason for something that in his eyes should be trivial since it stems from a joke, a reason that at the same time allows him to not give a read on me (hence evasive).

He doesn't have to agree with the same logic, but does the logic I use at the same time make me scum for using it? That pattern of thinking is missing in Cava's response as I see other people being able to at least understand my point of view, of which I don't claim that it constitutes ultimately damning evidence.

Regarding HF a lot is cause of the reasons he's pushing Oats with. Oats sometimes gets misunderstood or misreads or doesn't make something incredibly clear, so pointing out inconsistencies and calling his mistakes or wrong representations lies, as in scummy lies shouldn't be applied while it could be applied to a player who doesn't make such mistakes as town often.

With Oats you have to is look at his attitude. He's really passive as mafia and in your face as town as I think that is the case in this game. I know it's very subjective (I think LXI and Doctor Who 1 he was scum and I played with him) but maybe somebody else can confirm (Koshi and thrawn maybe can) but I feel confident to say he shouldn't be lynched today.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 05 2014 21:52 GMT
#285
It's not just the post count. It's the aggressive way he enters the thread and throws his reads around.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 06 2014 11:26 GMT
#410
On May 06 2014 19:37 Koshi wrote:
Vivax. I heard you like meta.

Do you see similarities between HF in Normal ass normal game and this game? Because I don't. I simply felt it in Normall ass that he was off, but every time he posted he was able to convince me he wasn't scum. Now he is just pushing reads 24/7 and playing thread police.


It's not the meta. I don't like how he blows out of proportion what Oats did when Oats blurted out on his own that he has no idea how HF opens as town (adding that his concern is the tryhard joking), and I don't like how he tries to polarize the me vs. Cavalinho situation.

He basically tried to turn a post I found at least mildly suspicious into something scandalous "cause it's a joke post". I don't know about you but if you say you wanna avoid L-2 with your vote, then that sounds serious to me. If that post was ALL shits and giggles, and everything until then was shits and giggles, it wouldn't have warranted a serious reason cause nobody was at serious danger (and there was no reason to vote for me).

Anyway I would like to have the matter of that post settled cause I feel it got more attention than it deserved. Wrote it with the intention of confronting Cava with it, Holyflare answered for him very aggressively.

I do still think Cava has a chance of being scum, gonna verbalize my thoughts a bit later.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 06 2014 11:47 GMT
#412
On May 06 2014 20:30 Koshi wrote:
Yes. I know your point on HF being agressive is not based on meta.

Could you answer my question?


In normal ass I didn't read who my scumbuddies were until the point where I answered to OO, so basically you were observing my REAL scumreads, albeit weakly pushed (hence why I started the game strongly I think).

To get to the point, HF caught my attention in normal ass (without me knowing who he was) cause he simply pushed scumreads aggressively early without displaying doubt, and without clearing people who I townread easily.

The push on Oats cause he said he had no idea about HF's meta reminded me of that.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 06 2014 11:55 GMT
#415
Overall we want to get an atmosphere of discussion and not plain accusation and I think his style works against that.

When somebody simply calls the stuff you say dumb, even when your points were nothing extremely damning, but a point from where to start scumhunting, you will feel the urge to avenge your point of view you feel had some validity (to the point of giving it more weight what it deserves cause you have to defend it against that attack), that's what I mean by polarizing me vs. Cava and blowing things out of proportion.

I refused to engage on the conversation with HF more than I did cause of this reason. Arguing with him would have put me in a position where I would have been trying to give my point more weight than it actually has, also making me biased towards my read on Cava.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 222
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm90
League of Legends
Doublelift3809
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee185
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 28
• HeavenSC 12
• Sammyuel 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur535
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Replay Cast
1h 7m
OSC
14h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.