• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:48
CEST 13:48
KST 20:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10052 users

Resistance 3 - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 57 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 27 2013 15:25 GMT
#141
Yeah I've just slept between then and now. When I posted the first one I had just looked at the leader order and when I posted the second one I had just rolled out of bed. Nothing to see here bruh.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 27 2013 15:40 GMT
#142
Okay Koshi, I'll appeal to you like this:

You seem predisposed to the condition that I am going to lurk, and that is a fair assumption since I do it all the time. Since this game has no lynch or death mechanic to deal with lurkers, how do you propose people get concrete information about me? By your own reasoning, players like VE and rayn are going to be able to demonstrate their township through activity and leadership.

The mission are a very weak cop-check and could serve to give more information on harder to read players so that the strong/vocal players can develop stronger reads.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 27 2013 15:50 GMT
#143
On December 28 2013 00:40 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay Koshi, I'll appeal to you like this:

You seem predisposed to the condition that I am going to lurk, and that is a fair assumption since I do it all the time. Since this game has no lynch or death mechanic to deal with lurkers, how do you propose people get concrete information about me? By your own reasoning, players like VE and rayn are going to be able to demonstrate their township through activity and leadership.

The mission are a very weak cop-check and could serve to give more information on harder to read players so that the strong/vocal players can develop stronger reads.

No. I don't like that.

You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

Why I do not want liabilities to go on a Mission 1. Let's say we send Chairman Ray/[UoN]Sentinel/Hopeless on Mission 1 and it fails. What will you do then? One of those is scum but all 3 will probably(?) not have the biggest filter and shit is hard when there are no flips. But then you have your townleaders with the biggest filters (aka rayn/VE/Koshi/...) that don't really know who to trust and what to do. It's not optimal.

Let's say that we send rayn/VE/Cora and mission succeeds. Then I know for a fact that 50% of all the post on Day 2 will be made by townies. For a fact. So easy. So nice.
I had a good night of sleep.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 27 2013 15:55 GMT
#144
On December 28 2013 00:50 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 00:40 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay Koshi, I'll appeal to you like this:

You seem predisposed to the condition that I am going to lurk, and that is a fair assumption since I do it all the time. Since this game has no lynch or death mechanic to deal with lurkers, how do you propose people get concrete information about me? By your own reasoning, players like VE and rayn are going to be able to demonstrate their township through activity and leadership.

The mission are a very weak cop-check and could serve to give more information on harder to read players so that the strong/vocal players can develop stronger reads.

No. I don't like that.

You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

Why I do not want liabilities to go on a Mission 1. Let's say we send Chairman Ray/[UoN]Sentinel/Hopeless on Mission 1 and it fails. What will you do then? One of those is scum but all 3 will probably(?) not have the biggest filter and shit is hard when there are no flips. But then you have your townleaders with the biggest filters (aka rayn/VE/Koshi/...) that don't really know who to trust and what to do. It's not optimal.

Let's say that we send rayn/VE/Cora and mission succeeds. Then I know for a fact that 50% of all the post on Day 2 will be made by townies. For a fact. So easy. So nice.


That doesnt solve the liabilities. I'm also not suggesting we send a team of 3 tossups, I'm suggesting we send 1 liability to gather information on them since they are unlikely to provide it themselves.

As an aside, you do NOT know for a fact that a successful team is 100% town.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 16:06 GMT
#145
I kind of like Hopeless' idea of sending 2 strong town reads and 1 liability. I think that would be a good way to weed out the town lurkers from the spy lurkers if we got a good D1 where we passed the mission.

It's only a bad plan if we are behind, as spies can spare town a win and allow us to misread the liability.

I'm only doing a lot of theory crafting b/c this is my first time playing resistance and not too much has happened in the way of action.

Koshi, I think you should give hopeless the benefit of the doubt in the beginning of the game and not assume he is going to lurk the whole game. Why are you calling out people for meta reasons? How is that solving anything?
Grubby's #1 Fan
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 27 2013 16:14 GMT
#146
Sending a liability is a bad idea because it allows strong playing spies (i.e., myself if I were a spy) to hide behind the liability and get on further missions. It's a much better idea to just try and send the towniest people of the day and find out if they're ACTUALLY TOWN with the mission.

We don't have to worry about whether someone will be "leading town" later on because there are no kills and everyone is in the game the whole time. If I'm not sent on any missions, you'll still be able to benefit from my posting regardless the whole game long.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 27 2013 16:20 GMT
#147
I do not have Hopeless as scum, I have him more town than either Adam/Grack atm. I am just saying that I wouldn't send him as a first choice.

If we had Foolishness, marv and Prome in this game and then the rest of us. Why not send those 3? If the mission is succesful on day 2 those 3 decide who to pick as 4th member while the others prove their townyness. In that process the 3 can also evaluate the other 2 leaders.
^ Best case scenario because a towncircle can be born.
If the mission is not succesful those 3 know that 1 of them is a spy and they got the skillset to find out who it is.
^ Less good scenario but okish if 2 are town.

But if you send 2 of them and 1 lurker the scummer out of marv/prome has an easier time to shift the blame to the lurker. That's something that can't happen or is more difficult if you send 3 guys that are active.
________________

That's what my theory comes down to. I am simply suggesting it and will put that opinion now a bit in the back so it's not the only thing I speak about.
It doesn't have to be like that but that's how I would do it.
I had a good night of sleep.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 16:38 GMT
#148
On December 28 2013 00:50 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 00:40 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay Koshi, I'll appeal to you like this:

You seem predisposed to the condition that I am going to lurk, and that is a fair assumption since I do it all the time. Since this game has no lynch or death mechanic to deal with lurkers, how do you propose people get concrete information about me? By your own reasoning, players like VE and rayn are going to be able to demonstrate their township through activity and leadership.

The mission are a very weak cop-check and could serve to give more information on harder to read players so that the strong/vocal players can develop stronger reads.

No. I don't like that.

You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

Why I do not want liabilities to go on a Mission 1. Let's say we send Chairman Ray/[UoN]Sentinel/Hopeless on Mission 1 and it fails. What will you do then? One of those is scum but all 3 will probably(?) not have the biggest filter and shit is hard when there are no flips. But then you have your townleaders with the biggest filters (aka rayn/VE/Koshi/...) that don't really know who to trust and what to do. It's not optimal.

Let's say that we send rayn/VE/Cora and mission succeeds. Then I know for a fact that 50% of all the post on Day 2 will be made by townies. For a fact. So easy. So nice.


Goddamn am I that out-of-the-way? I was going to be more active this game too... still am, probably.

On December 28 2013 01:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
Sending a liability is a bad idea because it allows strong playing spies (i.e., myself if I were a spy) to hide behind the liability and get on further missions. It's a much better idea to just try and send the towniest people of the day and find out if they're ACTUALLY TOWN with the mission.

We don't have to worry about whether someone will be "leading town" later on because there are no kills and everyone is in the game the whole time. If I'm not sent on any missions, you'll still be able to benefit from my posting regardless the whole game long.


I am 100% behind this. If the mission fails I'd rather look between the three people who I thought were the greenest and make rational decisions from there than have a day of WIFOM where everyone argues whether it's the liability player or not.

It wouldn't really confirm anything either, a spy between 2 apparent towns and a neutral-red player can create even more confusion on D2 by the same principle. If we send the three towniest players, nothing goes wrong D1, and then mission failure D2, then the only real debate is if it's the fourth person we added on D2, or it's one of the original three. One point of confusion is better than two.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 27 2013 16:51 GMT
#149
I just picked 3 people that might be hard to read.

Yay for activeness!
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 18:10 GMT
#150
You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

And here you are clearly contradicting yourself. Koshi what the hell? Get your shit together if you are town. Most towniest people go, doesn't matter who they are.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 18:12 GMT
#151
I am very very puzzled why people are unwilling to send Hopeless. Atm there is nothing that for me implies he is scum, people use some bullshit reasoning for dismissing him from the team without even trying to figure out his alignment and i find that very very fishy.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 27 2013 18:18 GMT
#152
On December 28 2013 03:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

And here you are clearly contradicting yourself. Koshi what the hell? Get your shit together if you are town. Most towniest people go, doesn't matter who they are.

How?
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 18:24 GMT
#153
On December 28 2013 03:18 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 03:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

And here you are clearly contradicting yourself. Koshi what the hell? Get your shit together if you are town. Most towniest people go, doesn't matter who they are.

How?

Yoi say you want to send the most towniest people but you have already decided some people in the game can't possibly prove their towniness nor are you trying to figure out their alignment.
table for two on a tv tray
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 18:44 GMT
#154
In my opinion, Koshi needs to step up his game. His line of reasoning is very anti-town and his only explanation for why he should be picked is "I'm town".

If he doesn't improve, I don't think he should be considered for any of the missions (at least the first 2 or 3).
Grubby's #1 Fan
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 27 2013 19:00 GMT
#155
On December 27 2013 22:11 Koshi wrote:
^
Grack, could you explain to me why you would send Hopeless? I just wrote something on why we shouldn't take Hopeless.

Why is Hopeless a better pick than yourself? Isn't it the same principle?

True, I am by far and away the best candidate for selection.

I'm thinking that Hopeless could be a better option because there is a pretty large disparity between his town play and scum play. I'm not sure a Rayn/Koshi/VE team would pass, and if it didn't, I could have a harder time discerning alignments off of it regardless of their activity.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 27 2013 19:09 GMT
#156
Will stop posting for 48 hours.
I had a good night of sleep.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 27 2013 19:33 GMT
#157
On December 28 2013 04:00 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 22:11 Koshi wrote:
^
Grack, could you explain to me why you would send Hopeless? I just wrote something on why we shouldn't take Hopeless.

Why is Hopeless a better pick than yourself? Isn't it the same principle?

True, I am by far and away the best candidate for selection.

I'm thinking that Hopeless could be a better option because there is a pretty large disparity between his town play and scum play. I'm not sure a Rayn/Koshi/VE team would pass, and if it didn't, I could have a harder time discerning alignments off of it regardless of their activity.


Hopeless wasn't a big fan of leaders not picking themselves, and I suppose this can also apply to people suggesting teams. If he's more comfortable with your picks if you were in it, would you say Adam/Grack/Hopeless would be a decent choice for the first mission?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 20:11 GMT
#158
CR could you answer my question i asked you last night?
table for two on a tv tray
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 27 2013 21:02 GMT
#159
On December 28 2013 05:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
CR could you answer my question i asked you last night?


I would prefer to discuss the matter on day 2 as it fits in quite well with the results and the voting of the mission. Are you keen on getting a read on me today? I don't have a strong preference of getting into the mission today.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 21:16 GMT
#160
omfg what?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 750
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings185
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27822
Shuttle 11724
FanTaSy 1602
Hyuk 1022
Horang2 564
BeSt 495
Mini 288
Pusan 240
Stork 213
EffOrt 162
[ Show more ]
Killer 143
Last 138
Zeus 122
Mind 90
ggaemo 69
Hyun 54
PianO 42
Snow 42
Sea.KH 40
sorry 39
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 25
Aegong 22
zelot 18
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi225
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
byalli822
x6flipin288
Other Games
gofns33915
singsing2939
B2W.Neo831
Hui .77
Livibee66
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 12m
Replay Cast
11h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.