• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:11
CEST 15:11
KST 22:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9027 users

[T] Nuclear Winter Mafia - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 16:05 GMT
#3004
On July 15 2013 00:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 15:31 johnnywup wrote:
This brings a dilemma however. If we don't lynch MG, then it's possible that scum still has 2 KP tonight, if the nuke is indeed a dud. If we mislynch it's triply bad. If we just lynch MG, okay, we lose 1 person. Of course we'll be trying to lynch scum but the possibility is troubling if we mess up. If we lynch someone else outside the situation, and it turns out to be a townie, then we lose 1 during day and 2 at night. Of course, if we lynch outside the situation and hits a scum we're in a GREAT position, we're almost done. There are 18 alive right now I believe (correct me if I miscounted) which means 14 town and 4 scum, at BEST (assuming no 3p for sake of argument--including 3p only makes it worse)

So as far as I can see there's the following possibilities:

+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +

A: We lynch outside the situation, hit townie. Nuke on MG doesn't hit. On day 4, it's 11 townies to 4 scum at BEST.

B: We lynch outside the situation, hit townie. Nuke on MG hits. He's scum. On day 4, it's 12 townies to 3 scum at BEST

C: We lynch outside the situation, hit townie. Nuke on MG hits. He's townie. On day 4, it's 10 townies to 4 scum at BEST

D: We lynch outside the situation, hit scum. Nuke on MG doesn't hit. On day 4, it's 13 townies to 3 scum, at BEST

E: We lynch outside the situation, hit scum. Nuke on MG hits. He's scum. On day 4, it's 13 townies to 2 scum at BEST

F: We lynch outside the situation, hit scum. Nuke on MG hits. He's townie. On day 4, it's 12 townies to 3 scum at BEST

+ Show Spoiler +

G. We lynch MG. He's scum. On day 4, it's 13 townies to 3 scum at BEST

H. We lynch MG. He's townie. On day 4, it's 11 townies to 4 scum at BEST

+ Show Spoiler +

I: We lynch Stutters. He's town. Nuke doesn't land. On day 4, it's 11 townies to 4 scum at BEST

J: We lynch Stutters. He's town. Nuke lands. MG is town. On day 4, it's 10 townies to 4 scum at BEST

K: We lynch Stutters. He's town. Nuke lands. MG is scum. On day 4, it's 12 townies to 3 scum at BEST

L: We lynch Stutters. He's scum. Nuke doesn't land. On day 4, it's 13 townies to 3 scum at BEST

M: We lynch Stutters. He's scum. Nuke lands. MG is scum. On day 4, it's 13 townies to 2 scum at BEST

N: We lynch stutters. He's scum. Nuke lands. MG is town. On day 4, it's 12 townies to 3 scum at BEST



(assuming if we hit scum today we get rid of 1 KP, there is 5 total scum, and the rest are townie, and if we lynch MG we don't know whether or not the nuke would hit)


Averaging the outcomes (if outcomes are equal---which they are obviously not, but just something to consider)
Lynching outside the situation or lynching stutters: 11.833333 townies on day 4 with 3.16666 scum
Lynching MG: 12 townies on day 4, 3.5 scum

Lynching outside the situation therefore has more townies/scum on average, and is probably a better pick than lynching MG. Although I included lynching stutters as an option I don't think it's a good idea at all because it lends itself to REALLY bad situations imo.

However I haven't taken into account that if the nuke doesn't hit then Stutters is probably town and if it does hit he's probably scum. Intuition tells me that lynching outside of the situation lends to better results if you take that into account.

But back to the dilemma. Best possible scenario: Lynch outside of the situation, hit scum, nuke lands, MG flips scum.

Worst possible scenario: Lynch outside of the situation, hit town, nuke lands, MG flips town.

Most likely scenario IMO (sorry town but after 2 mislynches I have less faith): We lynch outside of the situation, hit town, nuke may or may not land. The problem I have is that if the nuke doesn't land we lose 3 townies for nothing in this situation, when we could have lynched a (relatively) confirmed scum. On the other hand, if we do decide to lynch MG, we get no information on Stutters from this at all. So I'm really torn.



What does everyone else think?

Oh yeah I meant to comment on this.
I doubt you're nything bt town at this point, but mind explaining your assumption as to the KP formula in this game? If we hit scum in MG you know it's still possible scum have 2 KP tonight, right?

yes of course. I assumed that we get rid of town KP if we successfully kill scum today for a couple reasons.
1. It's best case scenario. You may say why assume best case scenario? Because if we assume that we DON'T get rid of KP, look what happens if we mislynch and the nuke doesn't land (a likely possibility). On day 4, it would be 11 town to 4 scum. If we mislynch HERE it's 8 town to 4 scum... if we lynch scum here, ok, 9 town 3 scum.. but scum still has 2 KP. a bit better but we're starting to get into lylo territory either way. Of course, if we lynch scum today and the nuke doesn't land, it would be 12 town to 3 scum then either 9 town to 3 scum or 10 town to 2 scum. I assume that we get rid of KP because I think it makes much more sense for the sake of argument and is more probable in my eyes anyways.

for the record, I am totally against a stutters lynch.

Ugh, I really don't know what to do because I'm pretty confident MG is scum, but if I vote for him we get no info about stutters. If I don't vote for him, we might lose 3 townies.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 16:43 GMT
#3012
i thought s0lstice was nuked. broken game

oh yeah, unvote for now. I was liking an austin lynch a lot yesterday but he's been making a lot of good posts lately and aghhhhhhh. I don't know.

##unvote
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 17:28 GMT
#3039
have you been paying attention austin

actually yeah I don't know why you're assuming that there's an infinite vig. that would be crazy broken.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 17:44 GMT
#3049
I'm not suspicious of gumshoe really and am somewhat suspicious of CA but not severely. They aren't lynch options for today either way.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 17:56 GMT
#3055
On July 15 2013 02:55 VayneAuthority wrote:
mods refused to give me any info on the notification thing, which usually means it has to do with something fishy.

##unvote

##vote: austinmcc

how does that mean that theres something fishy at all? it's a closed setup..
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 17:58 GMT
#3058
I'm not convinced. The fact that mods didn't answer your question isn't a fucking scumtell -.-
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 18:05 GMT
#3062
I really would like Ace's opinion on todays lynch
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 19:37 GMT
#3100
I am decently okay with SnB being lynched
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 20:14 GMT
#3119
okay i voted SnB. I really can't think of anyone better to lynch atm given the circumstances @_@
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 20:21 GMT
#3123
I just hope that fucking nuke hits
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 20:36 GMT
#3132
ok if votes dont change we have a snb lynch it looks like
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 20:43 GMT
#3140
okay i'm starting to really not like this it is starting to feel like a mislynch fml

i dont know anyone better to lynch atm though @_@
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:12 GMT
#3162
Fuck it, I can't say without a reasonable doubt that SnB is scum. I'm unvoting.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:16 GMT
#3168
On July 15 2013 06:14 WaveofShadow wrote:
The only person Geript and I both find scummy on his list his MG, and honestly I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he flipped town. Hence the fact that I'd rather nuke than lynch him.
I don't think CA is scum, nor do I think austin is. This SnB business feels ALL KINDS of wrong to me. If you guys are looking for a safe lynch with me go Gumshoe.

I won't let you down. Promise.

why gumshoe?
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:25 GMT
#3180
I'm sorry Ace but what? There's not enough evidence on Austin but there IS enough evidence on SnB? Yes it's unlikely theres 4 IOs but it's possible and he's pretty lurky but is that really evidence that he's scum? I don't really think so. He may very well be scum but that's hardly enough to say so certainly that he is.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:28 GMT
#3188
yes i do think some explanations have been off. and to be clear, do you think austin is town?
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:31 GMT
#3195
gumshoe hasn't claimed anything has he?
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:38 GMT
#3205
i think the "austin/vayne/stutters/onegu/snb/maju" will largely (most of) itself after we see if the nuke lands

also I'm beginning to like a gumeshoe lynch sort of. and i do think wos is townie so I don't have a problem trusting him in this. I do think we don't want him at lylo either way so...I think I will vote him. I'm not sure if the lynch will end up happening but I feel more comfortable voting someone so out of the game as gumshoe than someone so in the game like austin or someone I really don't feel strongly about like SnB.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:40 GMT
#3206
*I think the "austin/vayne/stutters/onegu/snb/maju" situation will largely resolve (most of) itself after we see if the nuke lands
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 14 2013 21:45 GMT
#3219
Ace what the fuck? Push SnB as hard as possible then 15 minutes before deadline "maybe gumshoe could work"? I know his ninja vote is scummy as hell but that was like a complete 180.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
Sea.KH 56
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
Yoon 27
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1431
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo445
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS38
ZerO(Twitch)15
djWHEAT14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 124
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 49m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 49m
Online Event
21h 49m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.